Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ Revival ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Death Note : Rebirth
-Chapter 12-
-Revival-

Back in the death god world, the pilot death god was informing the King about the name that Light told him.
"Hmm...Mikami you say? doesn't sound like a smart guy. Anyway, if that's what he says then it must be true. You will be rewarded as promised. You can go now."
The pilot retreated and the King set again for the Altar of Dehumanizing. There, he already had prepared another death god for the sacrifice. The ritual went exactly as it went in Lights' case. The death god stood in the middle of the pentagram, the King touched each of the pillars and after a couple of minutes, there he was...after commiting suicide twelve years ago...Teru Mikami returned to the land of the living.
"You're Mikami, right?"
Mikami stared for a moment around him the fixed his eyes on the King.
"Is this hell?"
"Worse. It's the land of the living."
Teru remained silent.
"One of my spies told me that Light said you are the one that defeated him before he was a death god."
<<Light? Death god? God. Real God. He made it. Me? Defeated him? Spy? This guy is against God. God lied to the spy. He needs me.>>
"Is this the realms of death gods?"
"Yes."
<<What could he want me to do here? Yes! That must be it!>>

"Why are you laughing?"
"Fool."
That was the last thing Mikami said before he left the altar and flew towards the realm.
"I was tricked!"