Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ Retreat ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Death Note : Rebirth
Chapter 13 : Retreat
 
Mikami walked for hours that felt like ages while searching for another living being.
After quite a while of searching, he ran into a small gathering of -what they seemed to be- gamblers. Mikami approached them quietly while they stared at him with curiosity.
“Honored fellows. I have a question to ask of you.”
“Huh? You talk weird.”
“I agree.”
“Anyway. Say what you have to say.”
“What do you think of your current King?”
The question was followed by a moment of silence. Then, a death god replied.
“He's…boring. We can't do anything interesting around here because of him. Actually…we can't do anything at all.”
“Would you defy his rules to help another death god in his war against a certain part of humanity?”
“That seems…troublesome, but…”
“Do you prefer staying here forever doing nothing?”
“Not really. I'm tired of this.”
Mikami smiled.
“Do you all agree?”
They nodded.
“Good. Then go gather as many death gods as you can.”
The group of death gods scattered instantly around the realm and in only a few hours they brought back to Mikami an entire army.
“Hmm…only 200? I thought you could do better. Anyway, that should do for now. As a first task we must keep the King away from his throne. We must take his power from him so we can act freely. So march towards him and scare the hell out of him!”
They started marching at once towards the throne, but meanwhile, the pilot death god was briefing the King about the current situation.
“Your majesty, you must fight. You have the required power to do this.”
“No, they're too many…”
“But sir-…”
“No! I have to retreat into the mountains. They'll never find me in there.”
<<It looks like I overestimated you, Cero.>>
In a few minutes, Mikamis' army arrived at the throne only to find it empty.
“Good. This will make things easier.”