Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ Arrangements ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER 14
 
ARRANGEMENTS
 
“We have to go to the human world and contact Kira.”
“We can't. The King sealed the tunnel.”
“Busou. Find a way to get the tunnel opened again.”
“Understood.”
“Damon. Form a ten-men search team and find Cero.”
“Alright, boss.”
“Sharou. Get the priests and seal the throne. We have to make sure no one is going to use it.”
“Ok.”
Mikami was giving orders to everyone so that they all had something to do and that all the necessary arrangements for Kira were accomplished.
 
*
 
Meanwhile, in the human world, Light was doing almost the same thing..
“Matsuda. I want thirty seven computers with access to internet in the conference room. And bring thirty eighty TVs as well.”
“Ok, Light. Can you tell me what they're for?”
“You'll see. Daisuke. I want you to take these notes and put five pages in front of each computer in the conference room.”
“Alright.”
Two hours later, the members of the team were placed at their seats within the conference room. Light, with Ryuk and Matsuda by his side, stood in front of them.
“Matsuda. You explained to them how the Death Note works, right?”
“Of course, Light.”
“Good. Everyone. Please pay attention.”
All of them stopped whispering to each other and waited in silence for Light to say something.
“Starting tomorrow, your job will be to write as many names of criminals as you can on the papers you were given. Try to write as small as possible in order to save space. When the pages are full, you may ask Matsuda or Ryuk for more. But keep in mind that for now, the Death Notes we have are limited. Any questions?”
“Yeah. Do we have breaks?”
“The team will be split in two. The first half will work during the day while the others are free and the other half will work during the night while the others are free to do whatever they want.”
“What will happen when we run out of Death Notes?”
“I will try to find a way to get some more until that happens. But in case it does happen, you will have prepared two pages for each of you so you can arrange the deaths for the next month. Anymore questions?”
A moment of silence followed Lights' statements.
“Good. Matsuda.”
“Yes, Light?”
“You will have to monitor every TV channel for everything they might say about he killings and find out whether they think it's the work of Kira or not.”
“Understood.”
“This is it for today. I expect all of you to be here tomorrow at 7 A.M. You're dismissed.”
“Light.”
“What is it Ryuk?”
“I think this is going too well . . . You really think no one will try to stop you?”
“Ryuk. I'm a death god now. What could anyone possibly do to stop me?”
“Well . . . the King has enough power to kill you.”
“Oh . . . about that. I took care of it.”
“Huh?”
“You'll see, Ryuk . . . You'll see . . .”
 
*
 
Meanwhile, back in the death god realm, the throne was sealed and the search team was already returning to Mikami and informing him about their discoveries.
“Mikami.”
“Yes, Damon.”
“We couldn't find Cero or anything else that might lead us to him.”
“Damn. Try harder.”
“But he might be in an enchanted place and we don't have access to those.”
While the two argued, another death god was approaching them.
“He's in the mountains.”
“Who are you?”
“I don't have a specific name. They call me the pilot.”
“How come you know where he is?”
“I was helping him. Until he decided to flee cowardly from you guys. I refuse to live under such a King.”
“Very well. Welcome to our team, pilot.”
“Mikami, sir.”
“Busou. Did you find out anything that could help?”
“I might have an idea.”
“Say it.”
“Well, to seal the tunnel, Cero used the power of the throne. But since he lost it, the tunnel can be used as a one way road. Which means we can go there but we can't return.”
“That's not really my idea of `helpful'.”
“But.”
“But what?”
“As long as someone stays in the tunnel, it remains open.”
“So all we have to do is put another death god in there so it doesn't close, right?”
“Exactly.”
“Good. Find someone and place him inside. I need to go down there. You and Damon will come with me as well.”
“Understood.”
Two minutes later, Busou returned with Damon, ready to depart to the human world.
<< So. It's time to visit the land of the corrupted once again. But this time I swear things will go exactly as planned. Nothing will stop Kira from approaching his goals. >>
 
*
 
“Matsuda.”
“Yes, Light.”
“Since you're the chief of police, you have access to the other departments in Japan, right?”
“That's right.”
“Then I want you to do the same thing you did in this sector. Interview everyone with a lie detecting device and gather as many supporters as you can. When you're done, get me a list with their names and their number. Understood?”
“I'll do my best, Light.”
Matsuda left the room, leaving Light alone. But only for a moment because someone entered the room. But not the usual way. He entered through the side wall. It was another death god that Light recognized immediately.
“Mikami.”
“God.”
“I presume you took care of the King.”
“Exactly as you wished. He's not dead but we're keeping him away from the throne, so he's almost powerless.”
“Supporters?”
“Two hundred.”
“Not much. I expected more.”
“I apologize but that's all I could get.”
“Doesn't matter. That should be enough for now. The tunnel?”
“Useable as long as someone remains inside to keep it open.”
“Good. For now, find the King and bring him to me. Don't harm him. I want him intact.”
“Alright. Anymore requests, Kira?”
“Try and gather more supporters. We need as many as we can. The faster we take over the human world, the better.”
“I'll do what I can.”
“Go.”
The conversation ended and Mikami retreated back in the tunnel heading for the death god realm with his new orders.
Everything was going exactly as Light planned. Near was dead. Matsuda was working for him. He was getting more supporters every day ready to risk their life for Kiras' cause against the evil that surrounded the entire world of humans.
And now, he also had access to the realm of death gods. Thing that only meant an infinite number of possible supporters and Death Notes.
“We are ready.”