Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ Death Note ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER 1
 
DEATH NOTE
 
It was time. Time to put in motion all that Light has planned until now, not knowing what he was about to unleash. One more step and his wish of becoming the god of both realms will be granted. All of this made possible only because of a mere notebook. A Death Note.
But what is a Death Note anyway? Where did it come from? Who made it? Surprisingly, no one has ever thought of this. None of the death gods ever wondered about its power as long as they were satisfied and didn't get in any trouble. But this was about to change because the original creator of the Death Notes has yet to play his role.
Long ago, when the human race was working on the Altar of Dehumanizing, a young doctor stumbled upon an old legend about a god of death named Enma. Also known as the Great King Enma. In both ancient and modern times, he is portrayed as a large man with a scowling red face, bulging eyes and a long beard, wearing traditional robes and a crown on his head that usually bears the kanji for “king”. It was also said that Enma was the one responsible for every single death in the entire world and that by doing this his life span was continuously expanding. But in order to do all of this, he used a peculiar object that resembled a notebook. It wasn't really a necessary item. He could also do it by just thinking of it, but since Enma liked writing a lot, he transposed his power into something that he could write into. The notebook of death.
During the following months, the doctor studied everything he could find on rituals of summoning, hoping that he could somehow bring forth the god of death. If he could convince him to hand the humans a part of their power, then the human evolvement project could be complete. Not only would they be invincible, but they would also be immortal.
He did everything in his power to summon Enma until one day, when he actually showed up.
“How more stupid can you get? Do you really believe in these summoning rituals, doctor?”
“Well…you're here, aren't you?”
“The only reason I decided to come here is because I'm tired of watching you doing all this nonsense.”
“But you're still here. Then if you don't mind, I want to ask something from you.”
“I already know what you want.”
“Then-“
“And I will give it to you.”
“Are you-“
“On one condition.”
“What is it?”
“Never. Absolutely never use it as a weapon. I don't care what the circumstances are, but if you use it in that way, then it will be my duty to come back here, retrieve all of my notebooks and kill every single remaining human that has evolved.”
“I swear that nothing like that will ever happen!”
“Very well then. I shall provide you with an infinite supply of notebooks. But don't you dare forget my warning.”
Starting from that day, a certain part of the Altar of Dehumanizing was constantly summoning Death Notes in the death god realm whenever anyone needed one. It was also on the same day that the doctor named the notebooks - Death Notes.
But now that Light was a death god and he had access to the infinite supply of Death Notes, they started to be used in the wrong way. The way that should never had come.
“Looks like it's time for me to go back there and fulfill my duty.”