Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ Capture ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER 2
 
CAPTURE
 
Meanwhile, Light's plans were going perfect. Criminals started dying every day again being judged by the newly formed Legacy of Kira. Each and every one of the thirty seven members was working exactly as they were ordered. Every day, starting at 7 o'clock in the morning, the first half of the group would gather in the conference room, turn on their computers and TVs and start writing as many criminal names as they could until 3 o'clock in the afternoon when they had a one hour break after which they started working again until 6 o'clock in the evening when they went home. One hour later the second half of the group gathered and worked until 6 in the morning with one hour break between 3 and 4 in the morning. During the hour gaps between 6 and 7 in the morning and in the afternoon, Light, Matsuda and Ryuk took care of the written papers by burning them and sending the ash in the death god realm when Mikami and his two companions came to the Police Department with a fresh supply of Death Notes.
 
*
 
While the Legacy worked as hard as they could, Damon's troops were doing their best as well in trying to find Cero. Currently, they were approaching the peak of the mountain that the pilot has told them about. One of them noticed some fresh tracks that hopefully belonged to Cero.
“Yugo! Go in front and follow the tracks.”
But no reply reached him.
“Yugo!”
He turned around and noticed that he was missing.
“Guys! Stop! I think we've got a problem.”
“What's wrong?”
“Yugo's gone.”
“Ah, forget about him. He always goes wandering around.”
“Fine, if you're sure about it.”
“C'mon Yukito. You can't possibly be worried about him.”
“Of course not. I'm worried about myself. What if-…”
Suddenly, Yukito stopped speaking and while reaching for his own chest, he fell flat on the ground.
“Yukito? Yukito! What's wrong?!?”
In only a second, Yukito's lifeless body turned to ashes.
“What the hell?!? It can't be…”
“Yes it can.”
The voice of Cero came from behind the group and made all of them turn around to face him.
“This is the only Death Note hat can kill death gods. As long as I have this you are powerless against me. Not matter what you do, you can't possibly-…”
Cero was interrupted by the sudden boulder in his head and fell to the ground besides Yukito's ash. The group burst into a hysterical laugh.
“How stupid can you be?” said one of them.
“Yugo!”
One of them noticed that the source of the stone was the missing Yugo.
“Cover his eyes, tie his hands and legs and put him in the cart.” order Yugo.
“Understood, captain.”
A few hours later they arrived back at Mikami.”
“We've got him.”