Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ Loss ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER 4
 
LOSS
 
“Mikami, clean up the mess and take it to the death god realm along with the Death Note ashes. After that, start the seal releasing ritual on the throne. I'll be there in a week to take over.”
“But why can't you come now?”
“I have some business to finish here until I can leave this world.”
“Alright. We'll be waiting for you.”
“Go.”
Mikami and his companions gathered the remains of Cero and then retreated. Light turned around to face the crowd that was still staring.
“What are you waiting for? Get to work already.”
“Light.”
“Yes, Matsuda?”
“What exactly are you going to do in one week?”
“Me? Nothing. You? A lot.”
“What do you mean?”
“Firstly, you will get rid of one of the main nuisances.”
“The `Wammy's House' administrator. But how?”
“I've got it all planned out. Here take these.”
Light gave Matsuda a bunch of papers.
“I've written down all that you need to know to get rid of him quietly.”
“Ok. I'll get straight to work.”
 
*
 
<< Every Tuesday, at exactly 17:00, Wammy leaves his hotel room at 42 Argyle Square, London. A red car picks him up in front of Excelsior Hotel and takes him on the main street, passing by the Regent's Park, takes a left turn on Baker Street and then right on Oxford Street where he gets out of the car and enters Hyde Park. He waits near the Round Pond for about half an hour until another car arrives on Kensington Road. Before the car arrives, you must talk to him, find out his real name and then kill him with the Death Note I gave you. He is supposed to be killed in an accident by the car that comes for him. >>
<< Well that shouldn't be too hard. >> thought Matsuda.
He was now already in front of Excelsior Hotel waiting for Wammy to come out. Ten minutes later, he sees him coming out of the hotel with his face covered.
<< So he's expecting us. >>
Wammy entered the car that was waiting for him and then they drove down the exact streets that Light told Matsuda about. They passed by the Regent's Park, turned on Baker Street and on Oxford Street, but before arriving at Hyde Park, Matsuda caught a red light and couldn't continue his pursuit against Wammy but he already knew where he was going. He stopped near Hyde Park and went straight for the Round Pond.
<< What? Where is he? >>
No one was at or even near the Round Pond except Matsuda.
<< He should be here. >>
“So you really do work for Kira, Matsuda.”
He turned around and saw Wammy's covered face.
“How did you-“
“It doesn't matter. I knew you were following me before you even came to England.”
“So you did-“
“Yes. I did have a spy in your group. And I still have. Now that Light is a death god it will be harder for me to get him. But not impossible.”
“But I-“
“So what if you know about the spy and my plans? You can't tell anyone if you don't get out of here.”
Matsuda quickly grabbed his gun and pointed it towards Wammy.
“You should always keep your gun with you, Matsuda.”
“What?”
“You left it in your car when you went to get your coffee. And I had someone remove your bullets.”
Matsuda pulled the trigger but nothing happened.
“See?”
“But-“
“You can't kill me. Not even Light could kill me twelve years ago.”
“What do you mean? You two never met before.”
“Of course we did. Even you know me, Matsuda. But I don't know you anymore. You were fighting against Kira then, not helping him.”
“You can't be!”
“Yes I am. And see this?”
Wammy pulled out a Death Note from his bag.
“Where did you-“
“It was Near's. And this will kill you in aproximately…10 seconds.”
“What?!? But-“
Matsuda reached for his chest and fell to the ground while saying his last word.
“Watari…”