Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ Elimination ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER 6
 
ELIMINATION
 
“So? How was it, Light?”
“It's really Watari.”
“So, did you kill him?”
“I couldn't. He still had his face covered and he will probably have it until the moment he dies.”
“And what are you going to do now if you can't get rid of him?”
“Ryuk. You should know me better. Of course I can kill him. It's just that it will take some time. But we will have to take care of his spy first. And I have the perfect idea for him in mind.”
“How are you going to kill him?”
“Who said anything about killing him?”
“What are you going to do then?”
“You'll see, Ryuk.”
There were almost two hours left before Mikami was supposed to arrive with the supply of Death Notes. Ryuk was waiting impatiently and curious about what Light had prepared for the spy while he was coordinating the members of the Legacy in doing their job. The only problem was that there were almost no criminals left. At least not important enough for them to appear on the internet or on television. But what was the Legacy supposed to do now that their job was almost complete? If they were left without a main occupation, what were they to do? What would they fight for?
“Mikami. Good to see you again.”
“Good to see you again too, Light.”
“How many do you have this time?”
“72. I can't come next week. I have some things to do up there.”
“Alright. I have something for you to do today.”
“Yes, of course. I'll do whatever you need me to. What is it?”
“A guy that was working for the first L, name Watari, seems to be still alive. Temporarily, he can't be killed. But he infiltrated a spy into our Legacy and I need to dispose of him until he tells too much to his boss. But I don't want to kill him because I don't want Watari to get too much proof against the Japanese police. I just want to make him disappear. The thing is that death gods don't get too much entertainment in their realm so I want you to wait here until the second half of the group comes and I want you to take the spy to the death god realm. Find a way for him to entertain the other death gods.”
“I find this idea a bit weird, but ok.”
Half an hour later, the members of the second half started entering the conference room and taking their seats prepared for just another night of writing criminal names in magical notebooks. It took about 15 minutes for all the members to arrive. Before they even started working, Light called two of them in front.
“Genshi, Tadao, please come here for a moment.”
“What is it, Light?”
“Genshi, I want you to find another police officer, loyal to Kira, that will be a replacement for one of our members.”
“A replacement for whom?”
“Tadao,” continued light without paying any attention to Genshi “you are to be taken in the death god world and spend the rest of your days there entertaining other death gods without ever returning to your world.”
“What? What is the meaning of this?” yelled Tadao.
“How long did you think you could spy for Watari without being discovered?”
“What? What are you talking about?”
“Enough with the lies. I know all about it. Firstly, your Death Note pages are always empty. You never write any names at all. And Watari seems to know all that is happening around here, and you are the only suspect available.”
“What do you-“
“Shut up. You have no right in saying anything any longer. Mikami, get him, tie him up, and put him in the cart so no other humans see him when you get out.”
“Understood.”
“What?!? This is a misunderstanding!”
“Don't listen to him, Mikami. Just go on with tying him up.”
“You don't understand! You've got the wrong man!”
“Could you shut up already? My brain hurts. Mikami, cover his mouth please.”
“But Light,” said Genshi “are you sure it's him?”
“What? You want to question my reason and my judgment?”
“No, but-“
“Then go back to your seat, please.”
“Alright, then.”
“Light.”
“Yes, Mikami?”
“What if proves to be completely useless?”
“Then kill him and bury his body. Whatever you do, just don't bring him back here.”
Those were the last words said by Light before Mikami retreated back to the death god realm along with his two companions and the spy. After a short moment of whispering to each other and questioning Light's orders, the members of the group went quietly back to work.