Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ Damnation ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER 12
 
DAMNATION
 
“And what happened next?”
“Well, the King died along with his best friend, Ryuk. Enma left the realm and never came back.”
“What about the other death gods?”
“Two days after the event, they continued talking about what happened after which they resumed their activities in the gambling, drinking and eating places that the King had created for them. And that's what you should do now, too.”
And old death god explained how life went around in the death god realm to a newcomer. After he finished telling his story, the newcomer left to explore the death god realm. Then the story teller turned to his companion that was sitting next to him.
“For how long are we going to do this?”
“I'm not sure. But it's better to be safe. We have to make sure he doesn't come back.”
“But Light, we've been staying here for ten years.”
“I know Ryuk, but I have to think of how to get to the throne. You know that Enma put guards around it.”
“But-“
“Yes, I know, if I get to the throne I can easily get rid of them. But I still have to touch it first.”
“Yeah, you're right.”
“For now we're damned to stay here and greet the newcomers.”
“But this is so boring . . .”
“I know, Ryuk, I know. But we don't really have a choice. You'll just have to be patient until I find a way.”
“But-“
“That's enough. You can't change anything no matter how much you complain about it.”
“Oh, fine . . .”
“No . . . wait. I think I know what to do.”
“Really?”
“No.”
“Damn it.”
“Of course I know, who do you think I am?”
“Oh, so . . . when are you going to do it?”
“Tomorrow.”
“Why not today?”
“Because I said so.”
“Oh.”