Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ Reclaiming ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER 13
 
RECLAIMING
 
“Ryuk, all you have to do is to get behind that big rock over there and stand there until I get behind the guards. I will use the death god killing Death Note on the two guards in front. When they're dead, you come out so the ones from the back can see you. When they come after you, you run away, obviously, and I go get the throne back and kill them quickly. Let's just hope that Enma won't notice if we kill its guards.”
“And why exactly haven't we done this until now?”
“Well, one of the reasons is that one of my sources told me that Enma was still looking over the area around the throne.”
“Oh.”
“But he went back home four years ago.”
“Huh?”
“I've just wanted a longer break.”
“Oh.”
“Which ended one year ago.”
“ . . . “
“There were hundreds of guards then. I had to get rid of them using other death gods.”
“Oh, alright. I think . . .”
“Let's just get over with my plan.”
“Ok.”
Two minutes and all remaining guards were dead and Light was now sitting once again on the throne of the death god realm. Certain death gods started coming out of their hideouts, longing to see the King at least one more time. But, in a few minutes, almost all of them have gathered around the throne.
“It's good to have you back, your majesty!”
“We've missed you!”
<< You won't stay long here, anyway. >>
“Dear comrades, let's continue what we've started before Enma interrupted us. The only change will be that we won't celebrate two years. But twelve of them.”
“And what is the plan, sir?”
<< You won't be able to accomplish it anyway. >>
“The plan is that . . . we will merge our realm with the one that currently belongs to the humans.”