Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Life Note ❯ Finding the notebook ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Death Note!

Author’s Note: Hello! This is the first time I have written fanfics for Death Note and actually post them up here…XD Please review cause that’ll motivate me to update often! XD Well, enjoy my first, sad attempt to write a family, humor, and semi- drama Death Note fic… heh, heh. ^-^’

Summary: Very AU. Suck at titles( full summary inside). Light finds a black notebook that looks exactly like the Death Note and uses it to try to kill L, but backfires when the true powers of the notebook are revealed when the notebook turns L into a 5 year old! Not believing in the note’s powers and thinking that it’s one huge joke, he carelessly writes down Matt, Mello, Near, and Misa’s names to prove a point and they become exactly what the notebook said they would turn to. Now with a goddess of time, a shinigami, and 5 hyper kids, Light tries to find the original owner of it to settle things out, while baby- sitting them on the way.

Rating: T (Just wanted to be safe cause Mello does have a mouth kid or not… ^-^’)

Genre: Humor, Drama, Family
**************************************************************** ********
Chapter One

On a warm, clear, late summer evening, the bustling city of Tokyo was ablaze with street lights and buildings glowing with light. In the peace and quiet of the park, Light Yagami was currently walking through the winding, stone paths with Ryuk, the shinigami that dropped the Death Note that Light now owns, floating behind him following him. They were silent, aside from the crunchy, noisy sounds coming from Ryuk eating his red, juicy, delicious, red apple. Light ignored him and continued thinking strategies up for ways to get rid of L, Kira’s(Light’s) number one obstacle from creating a new world.

After a couple of minutes, Light stumbled and tripped over and Ryuk laughed. “Watch your step.” he said in his raspy, low voice.

“Shut up.” Light replied as he stood up and dusted himself off. He looked back to see what tripped him and gasped a bit. A black notebook laid there. He walked over to it and picked it up. He stared at it intently. “Another Death Note…’ Light snickered and grew a sinister grin on his face, “I could use this Death Note and kill L without the police won’t be able to link it to the notebook I, or Misa, has.” (A/N: Okay, I know Light would come up with a more WAY more better plan than this one but remember a B average student is writing this fic. XD)

Ryuk looked at the’ Death Note’ in Light’s hands and started laughing uncontrollably, “Light, I wouldn’t use that if I were you.”

“And why’s that?” Light asked in an annoyed tone.

“Because…” He trailed off for a moment thinking, “Then again, this can be very interesting and entertaining…’

“Hello? Ryuk! Snap out of it!” Light snapped his fingers in front of Ryuk’s face to grab his attention.

Ryuk snapped back into reality startled, “What was that?” he muttered.

Light sighed frustrated, “I asked you why I couldn’t use the notebook.”

“Oh, ummm, sure you can use it! Forget what I said!” Ryuk exclaimed.

Light eyed him suspiciously, “Are you sure? It looks like you’re hiding something from me.”

“No I’m serious! Go ahead and use it! I’m not hiding anything!” “Yeah right….”

Light looked from Ryuk to the notebook and remembered, “that’s right, I don’t know L’s real name…’

“Hey Ryuk?”

“Yeah?”

“Are you willing to do me a favor?”

“That depends, what’s this favor of yours?”

“Tell me L’s real name.”

“Sorry Light no can do. You know there is a rule that forbids me from telling you any name.” (A/N: I really need to brush up on the Death Note rules ’cause it’s been a while since I’ve watched the anime. ^-^)

“Oh really? Not even if it’s in exchange for all the apples you can eat?”

Ryuk snapped to attention, “What was that?”

Light mentally smirked. ‘Got ’em eating from the palm of my hand…’ “Yes Ryuk, you can have all the apples you want, in exchange for L’s real name.”

Ryuk stuttered, “B- But I can’t give you L’s real name! It’s against the rule!”

“Oh really? Well that’s a shame. It was a lot of apples.”

Ryuk growled, “Alright! Alright! Geez! I’ll give you his real name!”

Light smirked, “Perfect.” He handed Ryuk a scrap of binder paper he had in his pocket and handed it to Ryuk. Ryuk snatched the paper out of Light’s hand and quickly scribbled down the name.

“Here!” Ryuk said as he shoved back the folded paper into Light’s hands, “Now when do I get my apples?”
“All in due time Ryuk.” Light replied as he unfolded the paper and read the name.

“L Lawliet”

“Hmph, so it was L all this time… L Lawliet… some name he has…’ Light as he took out his fountain pen he had in his pocket and wrote down L’s name in the notebook he found, taking his sweet time. He took a quick glance at his wristwatch. ‘8:40 with 50 seconds…’ He stared at his watch as stared to countdown as the second hand reached the 6 in the watch. ‘5... 4... 3... 2...’ the hand reached the 6 and Light smirked with triumph glimmering in his rusty red/ brown eyes.

“Well Ryuk, Kira’s biggest interference Ryuzaki, or should I say L Lawliet, is know good as dead.”

Ryuk chuckled, “ Whatever you say.”

Light started walking back to the hotel, where the Kira Task Force headquarters was located, and Ryuk followed eagerly behind, laughing on the way.

‘ What the hell is wrong with this shinigami? That’s way to much laughs today, even for him…’ Light decided to pay no attention to the matter and simply concentrated on how he would pretend to react when he saw L’s dead body. After all, he was a great actor.

‘I can’t believe that Light actually did that! He has no idea on what he really did to L… to see the look on his face when he sees what he did…( laughs mentally) That would be more better than apples!’ Ryuk though as the elevator reached the floor where the hotel room where Light was heading towards.

Light opened the door and walked in. The room was quiet an dark. He approached the couch where L normally sat in his crouched position. Awaiting to see the corpse of L sprawled on the ground, he found nothing.

Finding it odd, he looked to see if by chance he died in the kitchen or something. He looked over all the rooms and found no trace of L.

‘ Where the hell is his corpse at?’ He decided to double checked the kitchen just to be safe. He bent down on the kitchen floor and looked under the sink with no rational reason.

“ Excuse me mister but what are you doing?”

Startled, Light jumped and accidentally hit his head on one of the pipes under the sink.

“ Oh gosh mister are you all right?”

Light, rubbing his head looked up at the source of the voice and stared.

It was a young boy, very young boy. Light determined that he was probably around the age of 4, 5 tops. The boy had unruly, raven hair, moon pale skin, a thin frame, big, black, pit- like colored eyes, and sorta had a hunch. He wore a plain white long- sleeve shirt with baggy blue jeans and was currently sucking on a cherry flavored lollipop.

‘ The boy… he looks like…’

The boy stopped sucking on his lollipop and took it out of his mouth, making a sort of pooping sound when he took it out.

“ Hi mister. My name is L Lawliet, what’s yours?”

Ryuk immediately started laughing and rolling in mid- air as Light stared wide eyed at the boy who said he was L.

“ What… the… fuck?!”

“ It’s not okay to cuss mister.”

*************************************************** *********************
Oh my God, the first chapter is up! ( faints and falls off chair) Ahem, please tell me what you think of this fic! The reviews really motivate me to update often! And please, no flames ‘cause I’m not good with flames. So anyways, please review! ^-^ Oh and could someone please tell me what a story need to have in order to be considered a ‘ crack story’ because I want to be sure! ^-^