Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ The Choices we make ❯ Lies ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title- The choices we make
 
Pairing- Raito/Misa (slightly) it will become L/Raito so stick with me.
 
Talking “”
Thinking `'
Flashback in italics  
 
I always wanted to try an AU where Raito and L are the same age. Yes I know that there is quite an age difference between the two, but I am taking certain liberties with this story. And Raito will be the older one since he has an earlier birthday. Also L might have parents. Yes I know he is an orphan but I might show them, might not we will just have to see. The two are eighteen in this story, and ages will go up. Hope it is enjoyable.
 
          & nbsp;      0000000000000000000000000000000000000
 
L was sitting on his sleeping bag that was spread out across the hard floor. He was spending the night at Raito's house again and found it rude of Raito to not be entertaining his guest, even if it was four in the morning. He had gotten about an hour's worth of sleep, but being an insomniac made itself known and made L be wide awake at the moment.
 
Ryuuzaki stood up from his crouched position on the floor and made his way over to Raito's bed which was only a step away. He perched on the end of the bed and watched Raito sleep for a few minutes, but not wanting Raito to ignore him any longer Ryuuzaki poked Raito until he awoke. “I swear to God Ryuuzaki you better have a good reason for waking me up since we have a final exam in algebra 2 tomorrow” Raito mumbled in an anger sleepy voice. “I cannot fall asleep” Ryuuzaki said like it explained everything. “Not my fault” Raito said as he turned around and faced away from L.
 
“Raito-kun is being a bad host” Ryuuzaki pointed out casually. “We both know I am not, I let you have three slices of cheesecake tonight and you are just being a bad guest” Raito said almost hissing at L. “The floor is also uncomfortable perhaps if you had carpet instead of hard floor I would not be inclined to awaken Raito from his beauty sleep.” Ryuuzaki pointed out and Raito kicked Ryuuzaki off the bed with a satisfactory smirk on his face. L picked himself from the floor not looking amused by Raito's childish antics.
 
“That was uncalled for Raito-kun” L said pouting, hovering over the bed. Ratio sighed to himself. “If I let you sit on my bed will you be a good house guest and let me sleep” Raito asked finally. “Raito-kun won't let me sleep next to him” L asked fake pouting. “I have a girlfriend” Raito began but was cut off by L. “Who Raito-kun does not care about” Ryuuzaki pointed out and Raito rubbed his eyes tiredly. “Ryuuzaki we have been over this, yes I do not really care about her, but dating her is giving me a better image” Raito said. “What better image is that Raito-kun” L said biting on his thumb and tilting his head to the side.
 
“It is helping me get more well known since academics only go so far” Raito said rolling to face a now pouting L. “I know that well but Raito-kun should still not be dating her” Ryuuzaki said more to himself than Raito. “Look can we have this talk some other time. It is past four in the morning and unlike you I need my eight hours of sleep a night” Raito said.
 
“Fine, Raito-kun may resume taking his beauty sleep” Ryuuzaki said. “And people wonder why I look better than you” Raito said rolling his eyes, and L smirked lightly. “I would get beauty sleep as well if I didn't believe it turned a person shallow” Ryuuzaki said amused and Raito threw a pillow at L, and L caught it easily. “If you want to sleep up here get up here now or I will change my mind” Raito forewarned and L sat on the bed next to Raito's chest. `I'm glad I got a bigger bed' Raito thought as he rolled over to a side on the double bed that used to be a single.
 
Ryuuzaki often crawled into the bed with Raito after Raito had been asleep for an hour or so. He had been doing that since they were both five. It was the age the two had first met. Since Raito had outgrown his other bed he had asked for a double since Ryuuzaki spent the night almost every week and Sachiko had laughed and said it was for the best.
 
Ryuuzaki climbed under the blankets as well and stayed in the fetal position while facing Raito's back which was now falling and rising in even breaths and Ryuuzaki knew Raito had fallen back asleep. “Goodnight Raito” L said and figured he try to get at least half-n-hour worth of sleep. After moving a little bit closer to Raito so he could feel the older man's body heat, L shut his eyes and faked sleep.
 
          & nbsp;         0000000000000000000000000000000000
 
Morning came and Ryuuzaki was sitting perched on the bed next to Raito with his thumb in-between his teeth. He glanced over at the clock that read six thirty a.m. L realized he should get Raito up now since Raito acted like a girl and took at least an hour to get ready. Really ironing a shirt until it had no wrinkles and brushing his hair to perfection was ridiculous in L's opinion.
 
`How to wake up Raito' L thought looking up at the ceiling in contemplation. Ryuuzaki stood up on the bed and walked out of the room making sure to make no noise. He went to the bathroom and came back with a glass of water. Raito still wasn't up yet. `Perfect' L thought as he moved to stand over Raito, and promptly dumped the glass of water on Raito' face.
 
Raito upper body shot up from the bed and `hell has no fury like a women's scorn' Ryuuzaki thought as he saw the murderous intent on Raito face. “I wanted to help Raito-kun shower” L said innocently and tilted his head to the side for affect.
 
“Ryuuzaki” Raito said in a low voice and rose from the bed silently, Raito's hair covering his eyes, and L smirked lightly. Raito's wet hair was dripping onto the floor. “Yes Raito-kun” L asked raising his eyes to meet the top of Raito's hair since his attention had been focused on the droplets that now lay on the floor.
 
And Ryuuzaki expected the punch that came flying at his face and he dogged it. L dropped to the floor and used his hands to push up from the floor and kick Raito in the stomach hard enough to knock Raito on the bed but not enough to do too much harm. L quickly got up and pinned Raito to the bed before Raito could retaliate.
 
“I believe that Raito-kun already got a free hit last night, you turned the situation into an eye for an eye” Ryuuzaki said pinning Raito's arms above his head. “Ryuuzaki I do believe I am entitled to hitting you for your method of waking me up. You couldn't have just shaken me awake and told me to get up like a normal person.” Raito questioned raising a delicate eyebrow.
 
“That would have been what a normal person does, and we both know I am not normal” Ryuuzaki said and Raito rolled his eyes. “Can you get up now, I promise not to punch you” Raito said and Ryuuzaki let go a little reluctantly. He stood up and Raito soon followed, and smacked Ryuuzaki upside the head. “I should have seen that coming” L said and Raito smiled charmingly in agreement. “At least Raito-kun will not have to stand under the shower as long to get your hair wet” L said changing the topic. Raito rolled his eyes. “Perhaps I should thank you then” Raito said sarcastically and gathered his school clothes, `which were already pressed to perfection' L noted dully. “Are you going to wait for me here, or are you going to go home” Raito asked since L only lived a block away.
 
“I shall wait for you to get out of the shower, or are you going to be over an hour?” L asked and Raito walked out of the room not dignifying that with a response.
 
L pushed the door shut behind Raito and locked it. He moved to a small bag he had brought with him that held his school uniform. L really did distaste school uniforms. `The closet I will get to being part of a crowd' Ryuuzaki thought with slight amusement. He slipped off his white t shirt and pulled on the white button up long sleeved shirt. He buttoned it almost all the way up but left the top two undone. Unlike Raito he cared about breathing.
 
The shirt was wrinkled up quite a bit and L pulled on the pants without tucking the shirt in. The tie was around his neck and he was not going to wear a chocking mechanism willingly.  The jacket hung off the side of Raito's bed and L pulled out a small, worn out book that held a biography on Amadeus Wolfgang Mozart.
 
Half-n-hour went by before Raito re-entered the room wearing his school uniform. The shirt held no wrinkles and was tucked into the pants. The shirt buttoned up all the way and the tie tight enough to look in place without chocking. “Come on lets go downstairs now” Raito said and L placed the book in his back pocket and stood up from the bed. “Still refusing to un-wrinkle your shirt” Raito said idly and L smirked, “but of course Raito-kun” Ryuuzaki said. The two walked downstairs and entered the kitchen.
 
“Good morning Raito and Ryuuzaki-kun” Sachiko said smiling at the two. L nodded his head in greetings and Raito said good morning to his mom. “Is Sayu up yet?” Raito asked looking around for his younger sister. “No can you go get her up please” Sachiko asked Raito. “Of course” Raito said as he moved back upstairs. L made his way to the table and sat down at the chair closet to stairs, Sachiko had deemed that to be L's chair, since L always sat there whenever he ate any meals with the family. “How is school going Ryuuzaki-kun” Sachiko asked from the kitchen. “It is going fine Yagami-san” Ryuuzaki responded in a monotone voice.
 
Sachiko came out of the kitchen and placed the stack of plates down. “I can set up” L offered. “That would be wonderfully Ryuuzaki-kun, thank you” Sachiko said and L stood up from the chair and grabbed the first plate with his thumb and index finger. “Just be careful” Sachiko said worried Ryuuzaki would by accident drop a plate because of the way he held things.
 
“Any luck with Raito yet?” Sachiko asked and L almost did drop the plate. He glanced back at her slightly surprised. “A mother knows all, and you two are much closer than the usual best friends” Sachiko explained. `I under estimated Raito's mothers intelligence' L thought wryly. “No, and I would prefer if you did not tell anyone about your observation” L said. “I won't tell anyone else don't worry” Sachiko said and L gave her a little smile in apparition.
 
“I am not that obvious am I?” L asked titling his head to the side to get a better look at Sachiko's face. “Not at all Ryuuzaki-san, I only said it since you are a tad bit more expressive with Raito. Quite a lucky guess” Sachiko said, and L nodded his head in agreement as he placed the last dish down. “Yagami-san you do not mind how I feel about your son” L questioned. “I would like to see Raito have children but if he does chose you then I will be just as happy, perhaps you two will even adopt” Sachiko said smiling at the idea. Ryuuzaki smiled a little and looked back at the table, with his career choice he doubted that would ever happen, but didn't want to discourage Yagami-san quite yet.
 
Foot steps were heard coming down the stairs and Raito and Sayu appeared soon after. “You're in luck I just finished breakfast” Sachiko said moving back to the kitchen and coming back carrying a tray of white rice and miso soup. She put all the bowls next to the plates and moved back into the kitchen. A few minutes she came out holding a pot of scrambled eggs. “Both Japanese and American breakfast combined into one” Sayu said happily and looked ready to drive into the eggs. Sachiko put the eggs down in the center of the table and Sayu was the first one to get some.
 
“Is dad still at work” Raito asked curiously. “Yes he says he will be home around five today, since the case he is working on should be ending around three today” Sachiko said happy that her husband would finally be home again.
 
Raito and L shared a look but made no comment out loud. L ate some of the rice and eggs but didn't touch most of the food. “You really should eat healthier” Raito said giving Ryuuzaki a pointed look. “My diet is quite fine the way it is Raito-kun. I recently had a doctor appointment and he said I was healthy for my age group.” L said moving the food around. “Probably said you were underweight to” Raito said taking a bite of the eggs. “True, but still healthy despite the fact I don't eat like you” Ryuuzaki pointed out. “Your going to get fat one of these days” Raito said even through unless L became a moron that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. “We both know that is false” Ryuuzaki said flatly.
 
The two stared one another down until Sayu broke. “You two fight like an old married couple. Just a bit more violently” Sayu said remembering the time she walked in on the two have a fist vs. kicking fight. Raito and L broke the eye connect. The two bickered a little bit more, and neither denied that they did indeed fight like that.
 
They finished and placed the dishes in the sink. “I'll see you later mom, Sayu” Raito said as he moved toward the door holding his backpack with his hand. L just nodded his head in acknowledgement with his backpack stuffed under his arm, and decided to not retire his jacket. The two slipped on their shoes and left while hearing a happy sounding Sayu say a loud goodbye to the two.
 
000000000000000000000000000000000000
 
The two had taken the subway and were now making their way to the high school. It was spring and the cherry blossom trees lined the street to the school. “Raito-kun is joining the police force, in the in intelligence analyst department correct?” L said. “Yes, you never said what you wanted to do. What is it?” Raito asked curiously. “I am not sure yet” Ryuuzaki said lying through his teeth. He had not mentioned it to Raito that once he reached age 20 he would take over the position of L. His grandfather had sent him a letter saying he had big news for L, and that he would be there today. As a child his grandfather had left him a trail of clues and if he discovered his grandfather's code name he was eligible to become L. At the age of six he had already known what it was.
 
His grandfather visited often since L knew he was his grandfather's favorite and only grandson. The two were sitting in the living room by themselves since Ryuuzaki parents were both working. “Your code name is Watari” L said bluntly, while eating a piece of lemon cake. Watari chuckled lightly, `just like my grandson to be blunt' Watari thought.
 
“That is correct Ryuuzaki. There are more tests in order to become L. You do know your real name will never be used, and very few people will know your face. Right now you are the best candidate, but because you are so young are you sure you want to do this. There is no backing out of it once you commit to it” Watari explained to L lightly. The current L only wanted smart children who were dedicated to taking over his position. If one of the candidates had high potential over the others he wanted to make sure that child would not change their mind and therefore were not allowed to compete if they were not serious.
 
“I want to catch criminals and make them see justice, I will not back out of this career choice” L said with an unweaving voice and Watari nodded his head in understanding. His grandson could already be very stubborn when he wanted to be. “Alright Ryuuzaki there will be test administrated through out the years and each one will see how you are progressing. By the time you reach eighteen you will know if you will be the next L or not, but are you sure that no one knowing who you really are is ok. Most would want the fame for the cases they solve” Watari said and Ryuuzaki nodded his head in understanding.
 
“I will become the next L. Being in the spotlight is useless to me, I do not like the attention it comes with. And this way I don't have to worry about anyone holding a grudge against me and coming to kill me since they won't know my face” Ryuuzaki said as a fact and Watari smiled at L. “I have a feeling you will be the next L. That was another test, and you passed. Now the next time I come to visit you, you will be given the next part of the test” Watari informed L.
 
Ryuuzaki nodded his head, and finished eating his cake. L looked sadly down at his now empty plate. “Your parents won't be home for awhile, let's go out for ice cream” Watari said and L nodded his head happily.
 
The two made their way out of the house and Watari locked the door before the two drove to the closet ice cream shop with L sitting in the back seat. “Have you made any friends?” Watari asked, he didn't believe his grandson was the type to make friends easily. He got bored of people rather fast, so if he did they would have to be on Ryuuzaki's intellueically level.
 
“Yes I actually did” Ryuuzaki said and Watari's ears perked up. “Really, what is there name?” Watari asked curiously. “His name is Yagami Raito” L said staring out of the window, even through he was not concentrating on the scenery. “I'm glad you made a friend” Watari said genuinely but at the same time was concerned.
 
“This is going to present problems in the future isn't it” L said as a fact instead of a question. “You can tell Yagami-kun, but you have to make sure he won't tell anyone, and there is a chance that you will never see him again once you become L” Watari warned. He already knew Ryuuzaki would be the next L, the other candidates were not nearly as smart and he was not being biased, just going by facts.
 
Ryuuzaki went silent and stared out the window, he knew that he would not tire of Raito, but he would more than likely lose the only friend he was positive he would ever have. At the moment he was not fully sure he was willingly to risk losing Raito's friendship for becoming L, and for now a small part of him would regret the loss of a friendship that was bound to happen eventually.
 
“I heard of a new bakery that opened up recently and is close by. We should stop by there on the way home and pick up a cake to share with your parents” Watari said attempting to get his grandson to cheer up. A small smile curved onto L's face. “Can we get two” L asked bringing his thumb up to his mouth. “Of course” Watari said and Ryuuzaki smiled in excitement.
 
0000000000000000000000000000
 
“You still there” Raito asked waving a hand in front of Ryuuzaki's face. “Yes and why is Raito-kun waving his hand in front of my face?” L asked titling his head to the side confused. Raito's mouth formed a teasing smile before he answered. “I was asking you another question and you completely zoned out.” Raito informed L.
 
“I see, and what is the question?” L asked as the two began walking toward the school building again. “I was asking if you wanted to stop by the vending machines so you could eat something. You did eat less than usual” Raito said. “A chocolate bar does sound good” Ryuuzaki said and Raito lead the way to the school's vending machines.
 
“It is surprising to know you don't even have a job in mind” Raito said as he sat on the bench that was located by the vending machines. L put some money in and got out a chocolate Wonka bar. “Just because I have not told Raito-kun what it is doesn't mean I have not decided on a job choice yet” L said tearing open the Wonka bar and eating the chocolate contently. “You have” Raito said sounding a bit upset that Ryuuzaki had not told him.
 
“I have and once I am a hundred percent certain I have the job, I will tell you” L said not wanting to discuss it quite yet. “Is it a job I have heard about” Raito asked trying to get L to say more about his job decision. “Everyone has heard of it” L said vaguely and Raito sighed in defeat. “Fine I guess I will just have to wait” Raito said dismissively. “Indeed, we should get to class” Ryuuzaki said throwing the wrapper away and the chocolate bar was dangling out of his mouth.
 
“Are you going to come over today after school?” Raito asked as the two made their way up the stair well. “Can't my grandfather is coming over today” Ryuuzaki said. “Really I haven't seen Quillish-san for awhile. Tell him I say hi” Raito said and L nodded his head in agreement.
 
“You should still come over today since you left a few things over at my house” Raito said as the two entered the hallway. “I can't, apparently Quillish has something important to tell me and said I need to be home right after school” L said and Raito looked disappointed but didn't say anything.
 
They reached the classroom and the door was already opened. “Raito-kun does know that I will beat you with the grade and how fast the test is completed” L said. “Taking the test fast means nothing, probably just means you don't get it” Raito said pointedly. “And I do believe that the point says differently from last test” L said and Raito rolled his eyes. “It was a point, and with the extra credit I still got a perfect” Raito said and L smirked.
 
“Now class it is time to take the final exam” the teacher said looking at Raito and L with disdain. The two went to their appointed desks and the test was passed out to everyone. A half-n-hour into the final L and Raito finished and brought the test up to the teacher.
 
The two grabbed their things and left the classroom. Last time the teacher had allowed them to stay they both finished the test and the two ended up going through each problem disusing how they solved it and whose way was better. As soon as the teacher had noticed this and all the other students who were waiting for the two to finally say the answer she kicked them out and said that whenever they finished to just leave since there would be no lessons on test days. She had put the two at opposite ends of the classroom but they both still got into arguments over it. The first time they used American Sign Language before they started in hushed whispers since sign language took to long and Morse code had driven the teacher crazy with the taping, which had ended up to the situation of them both just leaving.
 
“Do you think we will give her a heart attack before we leave this school” Raito asked as the two moved down the stairwell and went back outside to talk since it was a nice day. “There is a 5% that we will since that was one of the last classes” L said looking up at the sky. They made it to the vending machines and sat down on a nearby bench that had a table to separate the two sides.
 
“RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOO-KKKKKUUUNNN&# 8221; A high pitched feminine voice rang out. Raito inwardly flinched and L's whole body stiffened. Misa came bouncing over wearing a black tank top and a mini red skirt. Black and blue bracelets decorated her arms and she wore knee high black boots with her hair done up in pig tails. “What are you doing here Misa” Raito asked looking confused and surprised. “I came to visit you silly” Misa said clinging onto Raito's left arm as she sat down next to him.
 
“Misa the only reason I am out here is because I had a test today” Raito said and Misa giggled. “I know that silly, and knew once you were done you would come out here so I waited” Misa said happily. “Why did you wait out here” Raito asked her not really caring, but sounded concerned. “Because Misa hasn't seen her Raito-kun in weeks” Misa said giving L a sharp look that said `back off property of Misa Amane.' “I didn't know you were developing stalker traits Amane-san” L said flatly. “Misa-misa is not a stalker she is dating Raito not you” Misa said nuzzling her head into Raito's arm, after promptly glaring at L. “Did Amane-san just figure that out” L asked biting his thumb and looked at Misa amused.
 
Misa head moved back to L so she could look at him. “I have known that for awhile” Misa said angrily and turned to Raito. “Raito lets go somewhere more private” Misa said as she scooted her body closer so it pressed firmly up against Raito's side, a seductive glint her in eyes. L looked ready to leap over the table and kill her. “Umm Misa my next class is staring soon I need to go, but what if we go on a date tomorrow night” Raito said appeasing Misa. “Really Misa-misa can't wait” Misa cried happily and kissed Raito's cheek, and L looked ready to kill her. Raito got his arm back and grabbed Ryuuzaki and the two were off with Misa yelling to Raito she call him later.
 
The two stopped walking once they reached the inside of the library. “Raito-kun next time we have a test and get out early we are not going outside” L said, and Raito nodded his head in agreement. “I didn't know she was coming” Raito said hoping L's pent up anger would release in a non violent manner. L sighed as he counted down from ten and moved toward the back of the library. “Its fine you didn't know” L said and Raito sighed with relief. “Why is it you two don't get along” Raito asked and L stopped walking. “There is a reason and when I tell you what job I am doing I might also tell you then. You are free to ask Amane-san as well” Ryuuzaki said and started to walk again.
 
“What are you looking for” Raito asked as he followed Ryuuzaki down another row of books. “I am looking for another book on Mozart.” L said and Raito smiled genuinely. “It is probably not healthy to be obsessed with Mozart” Raito said letting the amusement show in his voice. L turned to face Raito and smiled as well. “Mozart is the greatest classical composer and I have seen all the books you have on Bach and it seems Raito-kun has developed his own unhealthy addiction” L said and Raito's face tinged red. “I guess we are even then” Raito said and L smirked. Ryuuzaki found the book he was looking for and grabbed it before going to the front desk to check it out.
 
“Let's go, are next class is starting soon” Raito said and L nodded his head putting the book in his backpack.
 
0000000000000000000000000000000
 
The rest of the school day passed quickly and the two were walking home. “Are you really going to go on a date with Amane-san” L questioned not liking the idea of those two being around each other. “Misa is not going to turn me stupid, so stop thinking it already” Raito said and L pouted cutely. `Raito didn't have to sound so annoyed' L thought. “And yes I am. It will be even worse if I tell Misa I will go on a date with her and than don't” Raito said and L didn't want to have to deal with Misa shirking at him again saying that it was his fault that Raito had cancelled the date. Last time she did that Raito had gotten sick but had down right refused tell Misa that. She would try to play nurse and Ryuuzaki had agreed with Raito's plan right away. Instead, he told Misa that he and Ryuuzaki were going to a classical performance that Raito had forgotten about. Misa had bought it but she still blamed L. Raito had to supply Ryuuzaki with cake for the whole week and Raito's wallet had suffered.
 
Raito's house could be seen and once they reached the gate they both stopped. “Are you sure you don't want to come in, if not just to get your clothes” Raito asked again and Ryuuzaki shock his head no. “I will see Raito-kun later” Ryuuzaki said and Raito said good bye as well before going into his house.
 
“Raito you are finally home from school” Sayu said happily and looked around. “Your partner seems to be gone” Sayu teased not seeing Ryuuzaki. “Sayu please say that again” Raito asked confused. “I just figured Ryuuzaki-san would be here to, you take the fun out of gay jokes” Sayu said and Raito felt his face heat up. “Sayu we are not dating” Raito informed his sister and Sayu just grinned like she knew something he didn't, it was frightening. “Come on, dad is coming home tonight so we have to make sure everything is set up by the time he gets here” Sayu said grabbing Raito's arm and hauling him into the kitchen.
 
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000
 
L waited until Raito shut the door before he walked another block and made it to his own house. The door was opened before L could twist the knob and Watari stood there holding the door open for L. “Welcome home Ryuuzaki” Watari said in affectionate tone. L nodded his head to Watari and stepped into the house. “Come on lets go the living room” Watari said and L followed behind him. The two made their way in there and L was happy to see a cup of tea and a plate of chocolate chip cookies out. He sat down on the plush crimson couch and stated to eat a cookie.
 
“Since you are now eighteen it is time I tell you about your future. The current L has recently died, but before he died he named you his heir. That is all I can disclose to you” Watari said pausing for a second to let it sink in. “Now starting next week you will go to Munich Germany and start your first case. Apparently there is a serial killer on the loose and Munich is quite in need of your help. The serial killer has already killed twenty people. There is no evidence at the crime scenes and no sign of a struggle from the victims. Are you still willing to do this” Watari asked since L had stopped eating the cookie and that in itself was a fret. “Of course I am Watari. I will be ready by next week” L said letting no emotion show.
 
“Good I will go start dinner, since your parents should be here in an hour” Watari said and left the room. L pulled his legs closer to his chest. `I thought I had more time' L thought ignoring the cookies on the table. He pulled out the small black cell phone out of his side pocket and went to Raito's name on the small list he had. Ryuuzaki's finger hovered over the call button for a few minutes, but, in the end he just snapped the phone shut.
 
0000000000000000000000000000000000
End of first chapter.
 
I always wanted to do an AU and hope the first chapter is interesting. My gosh this is the longest chapter I have written so far, pretty sure about that. So what did you all think of it? I think it may skip around a bit but not in a bad way, or is that just me. I will forewarn you all now that there will more than likely be more OOC'ness.
 
Raito knows Quillish name instead of Watari since it is Watari that is the code name.
The wonka bar is quite yummy and I love eating those.
L's parents might make an entrance next chapter, and L just might tell Raito about his job will have to read to find out^^.
I switched between L and Ryuuzaki so one name was not dominating the other and I thought it made the sentence's sound better.
 
Review and tell me what you think of it. Cause I don't think it is horrible and please review. I really should be studying for the test I have tomorrow and it is already past nine, crap. Anyway hope you all enjoyed and review!
 
Rain angst