Demon Diary Fan Fiction ❯ Demon Countess ❯ The Demon Countess ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Ever since Raenef was accepted by the other demon lords as one of the most powerful, Eclipse was set on finding another demon lord to train. He had nothing else to do anyway. He went to Odin and Freya for guidance.

"The next demon lord is female." they told him "She is also a great swordswoman that runs a dojo in the city of Pulhel. You are to train this girl after you find her. She will be the first female demon lord to wreck havoc amongst the mortals. We will give you the power to sense her great power. It may be overwhelming at first but, you'll get used to it eventually." they told him.

Freya saw that he was hiding shock and said "Do not be distressed. This girl is a godsend from me. Let us just say that she is a distant descendant of me."

Eclipse left and thought to himself "A female demon lord?... It seems to me that Odin and Freya want to cheat the gods of the mortals... So be it... It is not my choice to make if the gods want to betray the covenant between the demons lords and the demons they rule..."

He then teleported himself at the gates of Pulhel. He hesitated to enter the city when he felt an immense power from within the walls. After a while, he began to get used to the great amount of strength and walked through the gates.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kio walked out of her dojo in Pulhel. She had that feeling again. She was always alone, even if she was the object of desire for many boys. Everybody seemed to think of her long dark hair and soft expressions very attractive. Her lavender eyes always seemed to capture every boy that was looking into them. Even though almost every boy that offered for her hand was nice, she rejected every one of them.

She wanted someone to just take her away to some place and help her find a new purpose in life. She was busy trying to see if anything was in her future when suddenly, a student of hers came up to her and said "Sensei, would you like to continue with the lesson or should we stop for today?"

"I would like to stop for today. Go home and get some rest." she replied.

He nodded and left her in the courtyard of her dojo. She began to wonder why she even ran the dojo in the beginning. Then she remembered the moment her father died. He told her to take care of the dojo and to take care of her brothers and sisters. She swore to him that she would always look after her brothers, sisters, and the dojo. This was 5 years ago. No wonder she had forgotten why she ran the dojo. Then, she tried again to see if anything was in her future. It was nice to have the power of self- prophesy. It was a power that was granted to very few. She was able to see her own future but not the future of others. She saw a tall man with long, black hair in her future. Then, she saw herself performing magic attacks. And then, herself in a great castle with the tall man beside her and smiling towards her.

"'Nee-chan..." she heard one of her little sisters say.

"Yes... What is it, Khryse?" Kio replied and smiled at her smallest and most favored little sister.

"Everybody is hungry... Do we have anything to eat?"
"I'm sorry... But I only have one student that actually pays me in gold and five that pay me in silver... We're going to have to sell the dojo to some other family-"

"No! Papa said that we have to keep the dojo!"

"I know but... we can't live like this anymore..."

Khryse began to cry and yelled "No! I hate you! You-"

"Khryse... I know you love this dojo... I do too...but we have to sell it... or the sake of all of us... How do you think Papa would feel if he saw us starving just to take care of his dojo?... He would be ashamed that we are putting ourselves after something that we could have always had if he was here... He wants us to take care of ourselves not just some building where we teach people how to wield a sword properly..."

A burst of tears rolled down Khryse's cheek. Then, she ran to her room and wept. Her other little sisters and brothers came out of the room closest to her. "We heard everything..." her eldest younger brother, Kuro, said. Kuro was the second oldest of the children.

"It's good you did. I didn't want to repeat everything I just said to Khryse. It would be an overuse of hurtful words."

She saw that some of her little sisters had tears in her eyes. Most of them were around Khryse's age of 8. "Don't cry. This is for the best. I'll get a job in one of the smaller dojos as an instructor so I can support you guys."

Despite her attempt to comfort her siblings, they still cried. They obviously loved this dojo. They have lived nowhere else. Kio, evidently, was born in another country so she didn't actually love this dojo as much as her younger siblings.

"Fine... We'll stay... But only for one more year... If we don't collect enough money to stay in one year, we can't stay... Tell Khryse... She should rejoice because I am doing this for her..." Kio said after thinking for a few minutes.

Her siblings ran to her room and Khryse walked out after a few minutes. She ran to Kio and threw herself into her older sister's arms. She began to cry for joy and Kio hugged her.

When her sisters and brothers ran off to play, Kio thought to herself "I'm not sure if this is good for my future but I know it is good for theirs. But... that man... It seems to me as if I won't be staying here for long... That man... I felt a great power from him in my vision and... he was... beautiful..."

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Eclipse went to the palace where the King of the city served him. "Show me every head instructor of every dojo in the city." Eclipse demanded the King.

The King fled from the throne room, where Eclipse sat at the throne as an honored guest, and he called for every head instructor of every dojo in the city. Messengers of the King were all over the city and delivering royal messages from the King. When Kio had finally heard of the call, she told Koru to watch over the dojo and to reject any students that want immediate lessons. She left her little sisters and brothers at home and ran towards the palace.

When she got there, all the head instructors of every dojo that she knew of were ushered into a hall that led to the throne room. When the King saw that all that were needed were assembled, they were led into a throne room. Kio paused when she saw that the man that sat at the throne, he was the same man that she saw in her vision. He scowled and said to the King "Do not send them in at the same time! Send them in one at a time!... Hmph... Oh well... What is done is done... Send each one up the throne individually and announce their names when they approach."

The King obeyed and had one of his servants announce the names of the instructors. Several instructors came up to Eclipse and all of them were rejected. When half of all the instructors had left from rejection, Kio was called up to Eclipse. As she was walking towards him, her sword sheathed at her hip, he gazed at her with interest. She kept a cool head until she was directly in front of him. When she stopped, he kneeled down before her and kissed her hand. He said "This is the one I am looking for. I congratulate you, King, for helping me find this young woman. Now, I will take my leave and follow this instructor to her dojo. If you please, Miss Kio."

She reluctantly led him outside and to her dojo. When she stopped in front of the courtyard gate, she turned around to face him. "I know that you know my name. Now I want to know yours. It is unfair-"

"My name is Eclipse..." he replied.

"Why do you want me?"

"Why don't we discuss this inside? That way we don't have any unwanted ears to hear what I have to say."

"Then my brothers and sisters can hear?"

"If they must..."

"As you wish..." she said and pushed open the doors.

He sisters and brothers ran to greet her. They stopped when they saw the stranger with her. "What is wrong? This is Eclipse. He apparently has something to tell me. Please, treat him like a proper guest."

"'Nee-chan... We have another guest..." Khryse said.

"Oh? Who is it this time?"

"It's that boy down the street that really likes you. He won't take 'no!' for an answer..." Koru said from behind his siblings.

"Oh no... Not Goh again..." she said and walked towards the open doors which led to the living quarters where her siblings slept.

There was a handsome by that was a year older than Kio. He wore fine clothes and jewels adorned his slender neck. He stood and said "Why, hello, Kio. I didn't expect you to come so early, especially after a trip from the palace. My offer is still open for you-"he stopped when he saw Eclipse, who scowled at him.

"And I still reject the offer, Goh. I told you, I will not marry until Koru is of age to take care of the other siblings."

"But it is a waste of your beauty. Koru won't be of age in 6 years and you are 17 now. When you are ready to marry, you will be 23. I've always liked to marry young-"

"You haven't changed a bit, Goh. Always thinking about you. Would you please leave? You are scaring the children and I have another guest to entertain."

He straightened, went up to Kio, and kissed her on the cheek, she winced. He then smiled at her and left. Kio sighed as he closed the courtyard door. "Now, what is it you must tell me, Eclipse?" she asked him.

"Must the children hear what I have to say? It may be a bit shocking to them."

"They are only shocked by sudden blows from practice. I am certain that they won't find your news that surprising."

"So be it... You are a demon lord chosen by the gods, Odin and Freya. I am to train you in proper demon lord etiquette and attacks. In order to do so, I must take you away to the palace in which you may rule." The children began to cringe in fear of the demon that they thought was a human man that liked their older sister, but they would not want to embarrass their most beloved sister.

"May my sisters and brothers come too? And who shall take care of my dojo. I care for it very much and my late father would be very disappointed if I abandoned it-"she stopped when she had a sudden vision.

Her lavender eyes became pale and her Sight overcame her. She saw her father and he smiled at her. He said "Daughter, go with Eclipse, and leave the dojo to Koru. He will run it as well as you have. He may be 12-years- old but he has great skill in sword-wielding. He will succeed you greatly."

The color to Kio's eyes returned and she fell. She landed in Eclipse's arms and her siblings began to surround her with worry. Her voice was coarse but she could still talk. She said "It's alright. I'm fine. It's just my Sight. Father spoke to me... He told me to leave the dojo to Koru and go with Eclipse..." she turned to Koru and said "Promise me that you will take care of our siblings and the dojo..."

Koru nodded and Kio smiled at him. She turned to Eclipse and said "Let us go. If I want to be a great demon lord, then I must start my training as soon as I can."

Kio hugged her siblings and made her last-minute goodbyes. When she was done, she left with Eclipse and her best and favorite sword.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

When Eclipse and Kio reached the gates of Pulhel, Eclipse grabbed her wrist so she could go now further. "What's wrong, Eclipse?" she asked.

"There is no more need to travel on foot... I have another way of traveling to your castle in which you shall rule...ï ï+ï¡ï¬ï¡ï£ï&ye n;ï Go..." he replied.

All of a sudden, Kio and Eclipse disappeared. When she opened her eyes after that experience, she saw a great palace before her. "How... How did we get here?..." she asked.

"All you need to do is picture the destination in your mind and say 'go'. Then, you'll appear in that place."

"That's all..."

"Yes... Now, get some rest... It is late..."

Kio looked at him puzzled and said "I don't know how the bedroom looks like so I can't picture it in my mind."

Eclipse sighed and said "Come here..."

Kio obeyed and he clasped her hand. "ï¢ï¥ï¤ï²ï¯ï¯& iuml;