Demon Diary Fan Fiction ❯ Demon Countess ❯ Nightmare in Krayon's Realm ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Kio woke up in her dreams, not in the bed she fell asleep on, but in a dense, unfamiliar forest. Kio sat up and felt something rub against her leg. She looked down and saw her sword sheathed at her hip. She smiled and thought "At least I can protect myself..."

"Hm... You're pretty..." she heard someone say from behind her.

Kio turned around and unsheathed her sword at the same time. She saw a demon floating in the air in front of her. He had blonde, wavy hair that came down to his waist and blue eyes that stared at her like ice. He wore a long, black coat and a white cloak billowed out behind him. Every time his eyes sparkled, she tensed up, unaware of what the stranger had to say. Kio growled and said "Flattery will get you nowhere..."

"Hm... Pretty, fiery, and modest. I like that in a girl..." he replied with a sparkle in his eye.

"What exactly are you inquiring and who are you exactly?"

"I am Krayon, Demon Lord of Egae. And who might you be?"

"I am Kio, Demon Countess and godsend of Freya, Lady Goddess of the Demons. And I am asking again, what were you inquiring?"

"Well, Miss Kio, I like you."

Kio choked and burst out laughing. Krayon glanced at her and said "What is so funny?"

"You're joking right? You have to be joking. I thought Demon Lords thought of other Demon Lords as rivals."

"That's where you're wrong. Some of us have allies."

"Hmph... Well... If you don't mind, I'm going to wake up now... I have training with Eclipse."

Kio turned around and concentrated on waking up but she heard Krayon say "What makes you think that I'll let you leave?"

"What are you talking about? This is my dream."

"Yes, this may be your dreams but all dreams are one realm, my realm. I can decide whether or not you wake up."

"I have to train."

"Oh, I know that, my dear. But I want you to stay."

Kio thought she was beat but then had an idea. "If you want me as one of your allies, then let me train, or else you'll never have me be your side." she said.

"Fine, dear, but only because I like you."

Kio disappeared and Krayon smirked. "No matter what, I'll make sure I make you mine, my dear Kio..." he said with a smirk.