Demon Diary Fan Fiction ❯ Demon Countess ❯ Induction Ceremony ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Kio was relieved to find herself awake in her room. The way Krayon gazed at her was unnerving and made shivers go up and down her spine. She looked around the room and saw that Eclipse had gone. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and yawned as she stood up to leave, she was still in the clothes she wore yesterday, a regular yukata in a soft blue hue. (THINK KENSHIN'S OUTFIT!) She walked out and roamed through the hallways, looking for Eclipse. Then she thought of a garden she walked through on her way here. "ï§ï¡ï²ï¤ï¥ï®& iuml; Go!" she said.

Kio closed her eyes and opened them again to find herself in the garden. She was satisfied and saw Eclipse sitting on a nearby bench with a scroll in his hand. When he noticed her, he stared at her with awe. She had found her way around for the first time. Kio blinked at him and said "Eclipse, don't I have training today?"

Eclipse snapped out of it and replied "No, my lady, we have been called for another induction ceremony. The only thing I need to teach you before we go is how demon lords and demon countesses act in formal occasions. First of all, you must keep a solemn look upon your face and an air of confidence around yourself. Second, do NOT yawn, it was quite embarrassing for my last master. Third, keep in mind of your position and your dignity. Fourth, do try to keep a gloomy expression in front of the senior demon lords and countesses. Fifth, I beg you NOT to humble yourself when presenting yourself to the senior demon lords. Sixth, as my last master forgot to do, please remember to salvage the honor of being a demon countess. Bow your head slightly when the senior demon lords approach you. Do not bow, it will only give them the impression that you are weak. I trust you not to say anything that will embarrass you and I, my lady. That is all."

"Must I wear something specific?"

"Something formal yet intimidating, lady, if it pleases you."

"Thank you, Eclipse."

"You mustn't thank me, lady. I am your minion and you are my lord."

Kio nodded solemnly and transported back to the bedroom. She dressed herself to look sort of punk and bandit looking. She wrapped a bandage all up her arm and a black sleeveless shirt. A strap of leather that looked like a belt acted like a choker for a necklace. Then she put on baggy grey/silver pants that felt like silk. She then threw a black cloak over her shoulder. The front of her body was visible between the folds of the cloak. Finally, she put on black boots that came up to her knees. When she was finished, she went back out to the garden to meet Eclipse there. He nodded and said "Intimidating enough..." with a slight blush.

Kio didn't notice this and smiled as she said "Well, how do we go to this induction ceremony?"

Eclipse took her hand, his bangs covering all of his upper face and blush, and said "ï£ï¥ï®ï´ï¥ï²&iu ml;·ï¯ï²ï¬ï¤ï Go!"

Suddenly, they were inside a great building filled with elegant and yet intimidating demons lords, ladies, and countesses. They talked amongst themselves in groups, probably allies. Kio simply took a seat on a nearby couch that was empty and crossed her legs and arms, giving her an air of confidence and importance. Eclipse stood at her side watching her. Suddenly Kio tensed up, she felt a familiar presence and she didn't like it. It was to her left, Eclipse was to her right, and swerved her head that way. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped slightly. Eclipse looked that way as well and didn't like what he saw. There stood Krayon, Demon Lord of Egae, smirking at Kio hungrily. Eclipse growled and moved closer to Kio protectively. Krayon didn't notice this and walked closer to Kio. He sat down on the couch and said "Hello, my dear. How are you this fine day which, I must say, is not as fine as you?"

Kio just glared at him and said "Hello, Krayon. I'm fine. And by the way, didn't I tell you that flattery will get you nowhere?"

Krayon was about to answer when Eclipse said "I'm sorry for intruding, but I'm sure my lady wouldn't mind. Have you met Lord Krayon before, my lady?"

Kio nodded and said "Once before, in a dream..."

"I see you've come from serving a scrawny kid like Raenef to a beautiful young woman like Kio, Eclipse..." said Krayon.

Eclipse clenched his fists and his jaw in anger, which was unnoticed not by Krayon, but by Kio. Kio turned back to Krayon and said "Please excuse us, Krayon..."

Kio lightly grabbed Eclipse by the arm and led him around a corner, where they would be unheard. Eclipse calmed down somewhat, being in the presence of his lady and no one else. Kio sighed and said "Don't let him get to you, Eclipse."

Eclipse growled and said "You like him, don't you?"

Kio punched his arm lightly and said "No I don't! I hate him just like I hate Goh! I don't like Krayon... I like..."

Eclipse looked at Kio suspiciously and said "Go on, lady Kio..."

Kio looked down, not able to look him in the eye and said "I like..."