Demon Diary Fan Fiction ❯ Demon Countess ❯ Induction Ceremony Part 2 and Thoughts ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Kio looked down, not able to look him in the eye and said "I like..."

Kio was about to continue until they both heard someone say "Presenting, Lord Aureleid!"

Eclipse sighed and held a solemn face once again. "Now, my lady, is time to present yourself as you should in front of your senior demon lords..." he said.

Then the herald said "Now, we shall begin the introductions. Junior demon lords, bow before your seniors!"

Kio did as she was told and bowed her head slightly with a solemn and bored look on her face. Eclipse sighed in relief. "I think I'm going to like this new master, ermm... mistress of mine..." he thought.

Lord Aureleid approached Kio and looked her over, trying to see if he can recognize her. He did not and demanded "Address yourself."

Kio raised her head slightly but it was still bowing slightly. "I am junior demon countess, Kio, godsend of Freya, goddess of the demons, sir."

"And I see that Eclipse serves you, another assignment from the gods?"

"Yes, sir..."

"Very well, carry on with the ceremony."

And with that, everyone got back to conversing among themselves and Kio returned to Eclipse's side, trying to keep herself out of sight from Krayon. Eclipse was about to turn around and ask her who she liked but thought against it. "Why do I even care?" he thought.

Then, a man no older than Kio walked towards them. He had tied up blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. He wore a long cloak that covered everything accept his head. A strip of clothe with runes written on it formed an X in front of his cloak. (Think Raenef the Fourth's outfit without he big hat!) He smiled warmly to Kio. Then she realized that he was one of the few demon lords that stood behind Lord Aureleid. That can only mean that he was very important and powerful. Kio bowed her head slightly and he chuckled. "No need to do that, Kio." he said.

Eclipse smiled slightly and pulled Kio forward gently. He looked down at her and smiled even more. "Lady Kio, this is my previous master, Lord Raenef the Fifth. Lord Raenef, Lady Kio."

Raenef bowed his head politely and smiled even more. Kio smiled back and said "It is an honor to meet you, Raenef..." as she held out her hand.

Raenef took it and had that cute anime smile ^_^ on his face. "Well, I must go now. Take care, Kio, Eclipse!" he said and took off.

Eclipse watched him leave and turned back to Kio. He sighed and said "It's time to go home, lady."

Kio nodded and followed him out. Eclipse again, grabbed her hand gently and said "ï+ï¡ï¬ï¡ï£ï&y en;ï Go!"

They reappeared back at Kio's own territory and went back inside to go to sleep. Kio went back to her room while Eclipse stayed behind in the garden. He needed some time to think about this mission the gods gave him.

~*~*~*Eclipse's POV~*~*~*

Why did the gods assign me to such a... humane mistress? She is so innocent and yet so obedient. Lady Kio is quite amazing though...

Why did I just think that? Do I LIKE her?! No... it shouldn't be this way... it CAN'T be this way... She is my mistress and I am her minion and it should always stay that way. It always will...

~*~*~*Kio's POV~*~*~*

Thank the gods for that herald. He saved me from revealing one of my most protected secrets. I can't tell Eclipse that I love him. It's not that I'm afraid of rejection it's just that... He believes so much about rank that he'll think that he's not fit to love me and he'll just reject me, slowly and carefully as not to hurt my feelings. He may be quiet but there's something about him that... attracts me to him. His soft, raven black hair, his piercing red eyes (his eyes were red in the cover, correct me if I'm wrong), his pale, soft skin, the warmth of his touch, the sensation he gives me when he glances at me. It's all so... mysterious...

Wait... Eclipse... He was in my vision! He was the man smiling at me at my side. Are we destined to be together?... It's a future that I hope to see...

~*~*~*Normal POV~*~*~*

~*~*~*The Next Day~*~*~*

Eclipse walked into Kio's room with a tray of food in his hands. He put it on a bedside table and shook Kio's shoulders lightly. "Lady Kio..." he muttered softly.

Kio moaned softly and Eclipse blushed. She turned on her side, facing Eclipse, and muttered something in her sleep. Eclipse moved closer and found that she was muttering his name over and over again. Eclipse blushed more and looked away. "I can't fall for her. It'll never work..." he thought over and over again.

He began to walk away but his hair was being pulled back by someone. He turned around and saw that Kio had grabbed a strand of his hair, she was still asleep. "Eclipse..." she whispered.

Eclipse sighed and decided against leaving and waking Kio up. He sat down on the bed beside her and leaned back against the headboard. He sighed. He rubbed his face sleepily. Then, he looked over to Kio. The candles on the walls played with the shadows that cast themselves on her face, making her look even more innocent and childish, despite her skills with the sword. "What am I going to do about you, Kio?" he asked to no one in particular as he stroked her cheek gently.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next day, Eclipse avoided looking Kio in the eye at all times. As much as Eclipse kept on denying it, he loved Kio and he couldn't spend one minute without thinking about it. He was deep in his thoughts when Kio began to wave her hand in front of her face. "Umm... Eclipse... Are you alright?" she asked when he finally came to his senses.

Eclipse sighed and replied "You needn't worry, lady, it's nothing, I was just thinking about what we should start with today..."

"Alright... So what ARE we going to do today?"

"We have to start with the basics of your skills, and since you already know about Demon Lord etiquette, you also need to learn about the Hangma War."

Eclipse walked towards a study and Kio followed. "First, I must teach you about the attributes and mezraez. There are exactly 5 attributes, none unknown. They are fire, water, wind, darkness, and light. All living creatures imitate the very first element it comes in contact to. This experience determines which attribute the creature obtains. In rare occasions, the second element that the creature experience dominates over the first and the secondary element evolves, becoming the creature's main attribute. As for mezraez, they are the measurement of magical energy. You collect it by slowly taking energy from your own without exhausting yourself. You're going to spend all of today trying to collect as many mezraez as you can. I'll see how many you have at the end of today."