Demon Diary Fan Fiction ❯ Didn't Mean It ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Demon Diary.
 
Chapter Four
 
Eclipse teleported Raenef back into his room, and gently placed him on his giant bed. With a small sigh, Raenef turned over and curled up in a small ball, making Eclipse smile. He quickly went away to prepare some food for when Raenef woke up.
 
About half an hour later, Eclipse came back with a meal, and found that Raenef was still sleeping peacefully, although now he was stretched fully on his back. Eclipse set down his tray and sat on the edge of the bed. He reached out and brushed a strand of Raenef's hair back from his face. /Your hair is soft, too, my lord./
 
Eclipse felt a small hand grab his and pull him down onto the bed. He looked up to see Raenef's sparkling eyes staring at him. “Ha ha! Did I fool you, Eclipse? Did you think I was really asleep?”
 
“Yes, my lord,” Eclipse said, trying to will his heart to stop beating so fast. He tried to convince himself that it was beating because he was surprised, and not because of his close proximity to Raenef, but failed miserably.
 
He pulled himself up to a sitting position, and said, “My lord, your food is ready. Would you like me to bring it here?”
 
Raenef considered this, and shook his head. “Nah, I'm actually not that hungry. I'll eat it later, though. I wouldn't want all your work to go to waste.”
 
There was an awkward pause, and then they both began to say something at the same time. They looked at each other and blushed.
 
“You first, my lord,” Eclipse said, ever the faithful servant.
 
“Well… I was just wondering; do you ever sleep? I mean, besides yesterday in the library, I've never even seen you look tired before. No matter how late I go to bed, you're always still working or something.”
 
“Does this bother you, my lord?”
 
“Oh, no, not really, it just seems, you know, kind of unhealthy.”
 
“Well, I do sleep, but usually only for an hour or two each day.”
 
Raenef gaped. “What? Only two hours? How do you survive?”
 
Eclipse considered this, then plopped himself down on the bed, turning on his side to face his liege. “Now that you mention it, I am a bit tired, my lord.”
 
Raenef turned bright red, and immediately turned away from him. “Um… well, yeah, that's what happens when you don't… sleep...” Raenef stuttered, shocked at Eclipse's actions.
 
Eclipse frowned. “I'm sorry, my lord. I seem to have made you uncomfortable. I apologize.” Eclipse started to sit up, intending to go to his room and slap himself for being so forward.
 
“Wait!” yelled Raenef, launching himself at Eclipse. The sudden addition of his weight threw off Eclipse, and they both flopped ungracefully back onto the bed. Eclipse quickly untangled himself from Raenef, and said, “My lord, are you alright?”
 
“Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry,” Raenef said with a grin.
 
Eclipse sighed with relief. “What did you think you were doing, my lord?”
 
Raenef paused, and then blushed furiously. /Oh my god, what was I thinking? I can't believe I just did that! What am I going to say? Ohgodohgodohgod…/
 
“Uh…I just figured that, um,” Raenef struggled to come up with an excuse. “I just thought, you know…”
 
“You seem flustered, my lord,” said Eclipse with concern.
 
“I just wanted you to stay!” Raenef blurted out. He turned an even brighter shade of red and covered his face with his hands. “I mean, if you're tired, you should be sleeping, and, well, you were already here, so there's no point in going to your room because I know that then you're just going to do paperwork, and, um, I'm rambling.”
 
Eclipse blinked, and said, “Raenef, would you like me to stay here?”
 
Raenef nodded, still covering his face with his hands. “Unless, of course, you want to go. It's your choice.” Hearing no response from Eclipse, Raenef sighed. /He must have left. Dang it. I really wanted him to stay./
 
“As you wish, my lord,” Eclipse said as he settled himself next to Raenef once again.
 
“Really?” Raenef said, taking his hands away from his face and staring at him in surprise. Eclipse was already asleep. Raenef smiled, and curled up into a ball to sleep next to the warm presence of the dark-haired demon.
 
~~~
 
Eclipse was the first to wake up after their little nap. At first, he couldn't remember what he was doing in Raenef's bedroom. Then it came back to him, all in a rush. /What on earth was I thinking? I am SLEEPING in my master's bed! That provokes dirty thoughts. I need to stop thinking. But first, I need to get out of here and go to my own room./
 
It was then that Eclipse realized he was in a, well, compromising sort of position. During their sleep (which couldn't have lasted more than thirty minutes), Raenef had moved closer to him. Much closer. His face was pressed against Eclipse's chest, and his hands were gripping Eclipse's robes. His legs were slightly intertwined with Eclipse's own, and he looked utterly adorable.
 
As for Eclipse, since he was so much taller and broader of build than Raenef, he was pretty much just blanketing him. His arm was wrapped around the young demon lord, and he was turned slightly, so that he was leaning a bit on top of him.
 
Eclipse quickly jerked his arm back. Unfortunately, the sudden shift of his weight caused him to topple off the edge of the bed. He seemed to have been doing a lot of toppling lately. And, of course, since Raenef was gripping his robe like that, he toppled with him. They landed in a heap on the stone floor.
 
“Ow…” Raenef said as he slowly woke up. Eclipse, in a panic, started to say “go”, but stopped halfway as Raenef's big blue eyes blinked sleepily at him.
 
“Eclipse? Where are we?”
 
Eclipse was too surprised to think of an excuse to tell him, so he said, “On your floor, my lord. I… fell off the bed.”
 
“YOU fell off the bed? How?”
 
Eclipse just blushed. /What am I supposed to say to that? I was so surprised at our… position, that I fell off the bed and dragged you with me? HELL no./
 
Raenef's eyes widened as he took in what Eclipse's blush might mean. Eclipse had somehow become flustered enough to fall off the bed, and now Raenef was lying on top of the demon on his bedroom floor. /Oh god. How close was I to him when he fell off? Obviously close enough for him to accidentally pull me off with him./
 
“Um…” Raenef said, turning a similar shade of red. Not knowing what to say, he simply stared into Eclipse's eyes, waiting for him to say something.
 
Eclipse stared back, thinking about what a clear blue Raenef's eyes were. Not once did it occur to either of them to get up off the floor.
 
The seconds ticked by, and Raenef found himself imagining what it would be like to kiss Eclipse. No matter how many times he told himself not to think about thought, he couldn't stop. And slowly, he realized that his face was getting closer to Eclipse's. /Oh my gosh! What am I doing? He'll kill me if I kiss him!/ Then Raenef realized that it was Eclipse that was moving, not himself, and decided to stop thinking.
 
Their lips just half an inch apart, Eclipse suddenly froze. Without thinking, he did what all of his demon training told him to do; he said, “Go!” and teleported back to his room.
 
Raenef fell onto the stone floor, and sat in shock, trying to process what had happened. He then banged his head against the stone floor, and decided that he wasn't leaving his room ever again.
 
Five minutes later, he had changed his mind and ran out of the room, intent on finding Eclipse.
 
In his room, Eclipse was leaning against his wall, breathing hard. /I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't have done that,/ he kept thinking to himself. /Obviously, Raenef wouldn't have protested. That was probably my only chance. And I blew it./
 
 
Reviews are greatly appreciated and inspire me to update sooner.