Demon Diary Fan Fiction ❯ Didn't Mean It ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Demon Diary.
 
Chapter Five
 
Raenef raced through the halls of the castle at a reckless pace for close to fifteen minutes, before remembering that he could teleport. Would Eclipse be in his room? Or would he be in some old, forgotten room like before? I don't have time for this! Raenef settled for picturing Eclipse's face and saying, “Go!”
 
Raenef landed on top of Eclipse, causing them both to, once again, go crashing to the floor. Raenef quickly pulled himself off of his teacher, and watched as Eclipse slowly stood up, not quite meeting his eyes.
 
“Eclipse?”
 
No response. Eclipse wasn't going to say anything, Raenef could tell. So he took the initiative, and began to say everything running through his mind.
 
“Jeez, Eclipse! Are you crazy? You don't just do that, teleport away in a moment like that! Why do you always run away? Can't you see how much I love you? Don't you get it yet?” Throwing himself at Eclipse, Raenef embraced his beloved tutor, and continued his rant, although he was no longer sure of just what he was saying.
 
Eclipse stared in shock at his lord. The outburst was so unlike him. His words rocketed around in his brain, echoing over and over again. Can't you see how much I love you? He tried to wrap his mind around this. He had denied himself any sort of notion that Raenef would ever love him for a long time. Sure, he had noticed a small attraction between the two; he wasn't completely oblivious. But love? It seemed too much for him to take in. So he just sank back down to the floor, and leaned back against the wall.
 
Raenef sighed as he felt Eclipse slip through his arms, and then sat down next to him. “Okay, I've calmed down a little. Why did you leave?”
 
Eclipse blinked blankly at him. It took him a moment to process the question. “I… am sorry, my lord.” He ducked down his head, although he already knew that Raenef would forgive him. He was too beset by confusion to look into his eyes at the moment.
 
Raenef scooted closer to him, and leaned his head against Eclipse's shoulder. There was a moment of peaceful silence, and then Eclipse spoke up.
 
“Did you mean that, Lord Raenef?”
 
Raenef looked up at him, and saw that Eclipse was staring at him earnestly. “Mean what? That I love you? Yeah, although this isn't how I wanted to tell you. Not at all. I guess I sort of lost it there for a moment.” Raenef waited for Eclipse's response, half dreading it and half anticipating it.
 
Eclipse let the words settle in his mind, and then reached over and pulled his young master into his lap. He buried his face into Raenef's hair, and murmured, “I love you, too,” very quietly, but Raenef heard every word. He turned around so that he could see Eclipse's face. Hope and happiness and a hundred other positive emotions shone out from his eyes. Raenef wrapped his arms around Eclipse's neck and was happy when he felt Eclipse's arms encircle his waist. He leaned forward and rested his forehead against Eclipse's, and said, “I'm glad.”
 
Eclipse leaned forward and lightly kissed him on the lips. Raenef kissed back as he laced his fingers through Eclipse's mane of dark hair. Then, pulling the demon closer to him, he broke off the kiss and nestled his face into Eclipse's collarbone. “I'm so glad,” he said, because it felt nice to say. They stayed like that for a little longer, and then Eclipse broke the silence.
 
“My lord?”
 
“Yes, Eclipse?”
 
“Does it bother you that I always refer to you as `Lord Raenef' or `my lord'?”
 
“You know, it does. No too much, but enough to irritate me a little. How about we change it?”
 
“To what?”
 
“You choose.”
 
“Then I shall call you… my love.”
 
Laughter bubbled up from inside of Raenef. “Yes, I think that will do nicely. Although, it sounds as if you've spent some of your time reading romance novels,” Raenef teased.
 
Eclipse pulled Raenef closer to him, and replied, “I don't care. I shall call you my love, and my little Raenef, so that everyone who enters this castle will know that I love you.”
 
Raenef blushed a little at the strong determination in his voice, and pulled away so that he could look him in the face again. He looked for something to say, something that would express his absolute joy. Finding nothing, he kissed Eclipse again, this time with more passion. They stayed like that for a long time, reveling in their newly discovered love, and each dreaming of the expectations of their future.
 
 
A/N: In case you couldn't tell, this is the last chapter. Apologies for lack of length and sappy ending. Reviews are greatly appreciated.