Demon Diary Fan Fiction ❯ Now and Always ❯ Books and Roses ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer~ this is my first Demon Diary fic so please don't hate me too bad if Raenef and Eclipse are out of character! I don't own them either come to think of it… no, those rights aren't mine, and I'm only writing this for entertainment, no profit is being earned

 

Summary~ Eclipse and Raenef divulge in unspoken love and devotion, but the Gods see them as Demon Lord and liege, and frown upon their relationship that goes far beyond that of Demon Lord and liege.

 

Pairing~ Eclipse and Raenef, of course^^

 

FYI* things like this = thoughts

"things inside quotations" = what they're saying outloud

`things inside single quotations' = telepathic words between them

bolded! = flashback

 

Raenef awoke to find himself sprawled on the library floor. He had been reading up on how to be a true and proper Demon Lord, but nothing had sunk into his head.

Maybe Eclipse is right… Maybe I can't do anything right… He had wanted to yell at me so badly; I could hear him yelling at me in his head, but I had to cry… I need to stop being such an innocent. I need to become a true Demon Lord, maybe then Eclipse won't get so mad at me.

"Rae? Why are you in here this early?" Erutis asked as she walked into the library. She had her sword in its hilt and she looked calmed, which meant she had just come from her morning practice. If only I could be the Erutis of Demon Lordship. After all, she was a swordmaster.

"I must've fallen asleep here last night. I wanted to read more about how I should be. I want to impress Eclipse…" Raenef said letting his voice fall. He wanted to impress Eclipse by becoming a proper Demon Lord; wanted to make Eclipse proud to be with him instead of embarrassed.

She sat down next to him on the floor and threw an arm around his shoulders. "You know what I think?"

Raenef looked at her innocently.

"I think Eclipse is impressed that you've made such improvement, but you scared him yesterday. If he hadn't moved when he did, that pillar would have made you into a pancake. He was shaken by it, I mean he couldn't even yell at you. Don't get yourself down, he does care about you." Erutis said in a sister-like tone.

Raenef just looked at her. Now that he thought about it, last night on the balcony Eclipse had smiled at him and Raenef had felt such a strong bond between them that it had scared him. Not as much, however, as the feeling of almost hurting Eclipse, no, nothing could match that level of emotion; that level of scariness.

When the pillar had broke, Raenef had been so scared, so unaware, of what was happening that he hadn't been able to move. It was exactly how Erutis had said, if Eclipse hadn't pushed him out of the way, he would have died. If Eclipse hadn't have slide the last inch he did, Raenef would have been responsible for injuring his tutor; his best friend; the person he loved…

"Yo! Hello?! Is anyone even in this castle?! Oh, there you two are!" Chris exclaimed as he walked into the library. "And here I thought Erutis couldn't read!"

Erutis laughed a bit maniacally, then pounced. She whacked Chris over the head with a particularly heavy book entitled "1000 Ways of a Demon Lord."

"I CAN read, you imbecile! Probably better than you can. Now, can we stop being childish and listen to Raenef?"

"You're the one being childish! Who hit whom with a book? And yes, let's listen to Raenef who's been too quiet the entire time I've been in here. So, what's wrong, Raenef? Did Eclipse yell at you again?" Chris asked sitting on the opposite side of him.

"No, I just need to think a little. I'm going to get breakfast, and then I'm going to study." Raenef told them before going to the kitchen.

What am I going to do? The only reason Eclipse is here is because it's his job. And he can't possibly feel the same way I do about him, so I'm at a loss there. I don't even know if we were ever friends…

He grabbed some tomatoes and went out to the grounds surrounding the castle. As he walked around, munching on tomatoes, he found his feet leading him to the garden. The flowers were in full bloom, there were roses everywhere. The gardeners had really outdone themselves this season, Raenef mused. Roses were his favourite flowers; even Eclipse had mentioned how beautiful they looked.

Said demon was standing in the yellow roses. His hair was untidy and was down, the way Raenef liked it. He was wearing silver robes that defined his figure nicely. He simply took Raenef's breath away.

Eclipse was holding a single rose and staring at it, as if hoping it could give him answers. He was twirling it in his slender hands, and capturing Raenef's attention very well.

Eclipse could feel his presence, Raenef already knew this. But when he turned to face Raenef, it was a wonder his heart didn't pound right out of a chest with shock and an overwhelming feeling of passion directed at Eclipse. How he was managing to stand was a mystery in and of itself.

"Master Raenef. What brings you out here this early? The sun has barely risen." Eclipse said, voice devoid of feeling and emotion.

You! He wanted to say so badly. He wanted Eclipse to feel how much he cared. He wanted Eclipse to know how sorry he was for being a screw-up and not knowing how to do anything that he had taught him thus far. He wanted to show Eclipse that there were things he could do well, like loving him and wanting to keep him safe no matter the cost.

"I just grabbed some breakfast and I was on my way to train. I know I need to get better and hone my skills." Raenef said before he could stop himself. Why can't I tell him how much I care? "And please, for the hundredth time, don't call me master or lord. Just Raenef."

"If I may, Raenef, may I steal a moment of your time before you begin your training?" Eclipse said slowly as if he wasn't sure of what he was saying.

"Yes." Raenef said instantly. Eclipse didn't have to ask to talk to him. Ever.

Eclipse walked towards him, and Raenef almost died. He's so… perfect; so beautiful.

Eclipse stopped walking when he was but an inch away from Raenef. He looked down into the younger demon's eyes, his own full of emotion. Eclipse wanted Raenef to see how much he cared and loved him. There was nothing Eclipse wouldn't do to keep him safe and unharmed.

Raenef stared into Eclipse's eyes and gasped. There was so much love (I have to be dreaming! This is exactly what I want. I want Eclipse to love me, but it can't be real… it's too good to be true…) behind them that it took his breath away.

In a moment Eclipse had tilted Raenef's head up and captured his lips. The kiss was filled with so much passion, but lasted for only a moment. When Eclipse leaned away, Raenef opened his eyes.

Eclipse took one of Raenef's hands and placed the rose in it. It was a simple gesture, but to Raenef it was the second most meaningful moment of his life. Eclipse was silent before he disappeared to the depths of the castle, leaving a very emotional Raenef to process his thoughts and feelings.

 

 

See, I told ya I'd write more next time around and I did ^__^ I'm liking how this story is going, and I have a lot of ideas for this story. I could turn it into a fluff, or I could turn it into a lime, but you'll have to wait until the end, just like me XD my mind is processing way too many ideas and possibilities for this fic, and it's mad hard to capture them all before they get replaced with another thought or idea; it's good and bad I suppose. -.-`

So, until the next chapter, I look forward to reading your reviews!

 

Hugs n kishes,

~*aaia*~