Devil May Cry - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Seeing Through the Person: Dante's Friend ❯ Hidden Treasues and a Surprise Attack ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I only own Angel. I don't own Dante or Devil May Cry.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Dante stood outside of Angel's room looking at the picture in front of him. It was one of those pictures that seem to watch you wherever you go. Dante wanted to pull out Ebony and Ivory and fire at it, but he couldn't do it unless he wanted Angel yelling at him. At that moment, Angel's door opened.

 

"Bout time!" Dante said turning to face Angel

 

Angel was wearing jeans and a purple sleeve-less shirt. Her dagger was right by her side.

 

"Well excuse me! I can't wear these kind of clothes in the mansion or the butler would make me change!! I have no choice but to hide them!" Angel explained while crossing her arms tightly across her chest.

 

"You act like I'm mean!" Dante said

 

"Mean is used a lot in sentences… Yes, you are vile!" Angel responded

 

Dante's eye twitched. "Got any other words?" He asked

 

"Let's see…. Wretched, Vile, Mean-tempered and that's all I remember!" Angel said flashing a smile at Dante.

 

"SO YOU'RE SAYING THAT I'M ALL THAT?!" Dante shouted

 

"YES YOU ARE!!" Angel shouted back

 

Dante turned away from Angel their backs up against each other.

 

"If you say one more thing that-

 

"If you respect me I'll respect you! If we want these creatures out of my mansion we'll have to work together!" Angel said glancing up at Dante from the corner of her eye.

 

"Shake on it!" Dante said turning to face Angel

 

"Agreement!" Angel said taking Dante's hand and shaking it.

 

After shaking each other's hand, they stopped.

 

"Which way Angel?" Dante asked

 

Angel looked at the two-different hallways.

 

"Hmmmm…. I think the library for now!!"

 

Angel turned away and started to walk to the library. Dante looked at all the paintings in the hallway. Pictures of places he's never seen before and of people.

 

"How big is this house?" Dante asked looking down at Angel

 

"Pretty big! I'm not so sure myself! I had a bad memory in this house!" Angel said

 

"What happened?" Dante asked

 

"I got lost!" Angel replied looking up at Dante

 

Dante snickered. "You got lost? In here? That's funny!" He said nearly on the point of breaking out into laughter.

 

"THAT'S NOT FUNNY!!! I WAS ONLY SEVEN!!! I GOT SCARED OUT OF MY WITS!!!! Angel snapped

 

"Then that means you've never been into all of the rooms?" Dante asked

 

"Yep!" Angel responded while beginning to walk again to her destination.

 

Angel stopped in front of a door, reached into her jean pocket, and pulled out a key. Angel then directed her attention to Dante.

 

"If you see anything tell me!" Angel said as she turned the key

 

"Marionettes!" Angel heard Dante say

 

Horrified, Angel turned the key as fast as she could took Dante's hand, ran into the library, slammed the door and locked it! Angel let out a sigh of relief.

 

"That was close!" She sighed

 

"Gotcha!" Dante said with smile across his face

 

Angel looked up at Dante. "What's that supposed to mean?" she asked

 

"I tricked you Angel! You're such a chicken! There weren't any Marionettes out there!" Dante said with a chuckle.

 

Angel glared at Dante. "That was rude!!" She snapped

 

Angel turned away from Dante and headed to a bookshelf but was yanked back. Angel looked at her left hand; she was still holding Dante's hand. Angel blushed then quickly let go of Dante's hand. Angel looked away and headed to the bookshelf embarrassed from what just happened. Dante noticed the only black book on the bookshelf and decided to look. Dante took the thin book in his grip, as soon as he pulled it out of the shelf two pieces of paper landed on the floor. Dante bent down and picked them up.

 

"What's this?" He wondered

 

Dante studied the papers, one was a birth certificate, and the other was a drawing. The picture looked like a seven-year-old drew it. Dante turned his attention to the birth certificate. Dante went over it and the name.

 

"I was close…. Her name means `Helper of Mankind!' I was too damn close!" Dante said as he looked up at Angel

 

Angel looked at the row of books and noticed one that was different then all the others. Why had she never noticed it before? She had read every book in the library! Angel pulled it out and noticed it was lighter then all the others. Angel opened it to notice it was a hollow book. Inside it was a key.

 

"What's this?" Angel wondered as she reached for the key.

 

As soon as the key was tight in Angel's grip, part of the floor moved back to reveal a secret passage that lead to a dark pit. However, Angel didn't notice it.

 

Dante looked at the drawing: It was a young girl about seven standing next to a tall man. The man had white hair like Dante, and then Dante figured it out…. It was him!

 

Angel examined the key in her hand. Angel then turned around. "Hey, Dante! Look what I fooouuuund…" Angel had fallen into the pit.

 

Dante put the birth certificate back in the book and kept the drawing in his hand. "Hey, Angel what this?" He asked. Dante looked around the room. Angel was gone. "Angel? ANGEL?" Dante shouted

 

"I'M DOWN HERE!!!" Rang a voice

 

Dante looked down into the pit. "That you Angel?" he asked

 

"Yeah!" Angel responded

 

"You ok?" Dante asked

 

"If you consider landing on your butt on cold stone and falling into a pit… You decide!" Angel replied

 

"Move! I'm comin' down!" Dante said putting the drawing into his coat. Dante looked down into the pit and leaped.

 

~Down in the hole~

 

Dante looked at Angel.

 

"How did you find this?" He asked

 

Angel and Dante were standing in a secret bedroom. Books where on bookshelves and much, much more. Angel then spotted a treasure chest. Engraved on it was: My Little Angel! Dante looked around the room.

 

"Angel! HOW THE HELL DID YOU FIND THIS ROOM?!?!" Dante shouted hoping Angel heard him this time

 

"All I did was take the key out of this book and I fell in here!" Angel said showing Dante the hollow book. "I think the key will open that chest!" Angel said pointing to it.

 

"Maybe!" Dante said

 

Angel and Dante walked up to the small treasure chest. Angel looked at the key, before Angel could put the key in the hole a sound rang through the room and throughout the mansion.

 

"Dante?" Angel asked

 

"I have the feelin' somethin' bad is goin' happen!" Dante said looking around the room.

 

Angel looked at Dante then back at the treasure chest. "Dante grab the chest!" She said

 

"What?!?" Dante asked

 

"Grab the treasure chest you dolt!" Angel snapped

 

Dante grabbed Angel and the chest and jumped up through the hole and ran back to Angel's room.

 

~In Angel's room~

 

Angel popped the key into the hole and unlocked the chest. When Angel opened it, she stared in awe at something.

 

"What is it?" Dante asked

 

Dante got behind Angel and looked into the chest, was Dante's eyes playing ticks on him? No, they weren't! Dante was actually staring at five Untouchables and ten Holy Waters. Jackpot! He thought

 

Angel picked up a Holy Water and studied it. Before Angel could ask Dante a question, laughter filled the hallway. Dante and Angel had left the door wide open. Dante shot up and ran to the doorway. Angel took the key in her grip, put it in her pocket, closed the lead of the chest, and hid it under her bed. Angel got up and stood next to Dante in the hallway.

 

"What is it?" She asked

 

"Sin Scissors! Stay here!" Dante said as he pulled out Ebony and Ivory and headed off in the direction it came from.

 

Angel stood in the hallway looking around. Angel prayed it wouldn't take Dante a long time cause Angel grew afraid.

 

Dante turned a corner and looked down the hallway. A black figure peered at Dante from behind a pillar near by. At that moment, something went flying past Dante laughing an evil laugh. Sure enough, it was a Sin Scissors.

 

"Found ya!" Dante said as he chased after the ghost like creature.

 

The black figure watched Dante chase after the thing.

 

Angel gulped. "I-if D-d-dante doesn't hurry I'm g-g-going to k-k-kill him!" She stuttered

 

Angel then spotted something at the corner of her eye. Angel whirled around to see Dante staring at her.

 

"Dante where the heck where you?!?!" Angel snapped

 

Dante didn't answer, he just looked at Angel. Enraged Angel walked up to Dante and slapped him.

 

"You ditch me then not even answer my question! What do you have to say to yourself?" Angel asked angrily

 

Dante's eyes were huge and then glanced back at Angel his glare sank into her eyes again. Dante raised his hand in the air and grabbed Angel's throat. Dante raised the girl in the air, her feet couldn't touch the ground.

 

"Dante….. what…… are you….doing?" Angel asked in between breaths. Angel took Dante's arms in her grasp.

 

Dante didn't reply he just smiled evily at Angel.

 

"DANTE!!!" Angel shouted

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Uh-oh Angel's in trouble!! Why is Dante doing this? On the other hand, is it something else? Read and review!