Digimon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Digiball GT: The Ultimate Power! ❯ TK's battle ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SEVEN
 
 
TK and Thormon soared through the early morning skies toward the flashing dot on TK's D3.
 
“It's a Digiball alright, and it's not much further ahead.” He said, “We should be there soon.”
 
Thormon then looked sternly ahead, “TK, be careful. I just got that funny feeling.” He said.
 
“Yeah, I can sense a really big burst of energy somewhere.” He said “Looks like I I've found the first one.”
 
* * *
 
TK and Thormon kept flying until they landed next to a river in a rain-forest, deep in the Amazon.
 
Something didn't seem quite right there. The trees looked awfully sick and droopy; the river was black instead of clear: and the air seemed rather dark.
 
TK looked around him and called out, “I know you're in here somewhere; Show yourself!”
 
The trees and the leaves began quivering, and a faint laugh was being heard in the distance.
 
“Heh… heh… heh! Takeru Takashi… I was expecting you!” said the Digimon as he steep out of the bushes.
 
He did have Daemon's face, but looked nothing at all like him. He looked a bit like an alligator and a dinosaur fused together.
 
“TK, look on his forehead!” said Thormon. Right there in the middle of this Digimon's head was indeed the Digiball of Hope
 
“Tell me,” said TK, “Are you one of the Eight Daemon-Brothers?” The Digimon laughed again.
 
“Why yes I am!” he said, “My name is…RYAN-DAEMON… and I'll bet you're wondering where I really came form.”
 
TK didn't understand, and neither did Thormon. “It's really quite simple.” said R.D.
 
“During his imprisonment in the Dark-Ocean, Daemon found the shattered remains of dark Digimon you and your friend's defeated in the past.”
 
Thormon, and TK looked up, “So you're say, that each of you were made from some of the remains of our old foes?” asked Thormon.
 
“Precisely… It's a real shame though you two won't be around much longer to tell your colleagues that.”
 
“Oh, ho… I've been waiting for this for a long time since you beat me on File-Island!”
 
“File-Island!” said TK, “Wait a minute. Are you built from, who I think you are?”
 
“Why yes, took you long enough. I am indeed made up of the energy that belonged to your first arch-nemesis… DEVIMON!!!”
 
TK hung his head low, “Devimon again huh? Well that's just great” he said, “I never thought I'd have to see any part of him again.”
 
Just then, he flexed his fists, “But now that I'm a lot older, I can stand up to what I feared… YOU BIG CREEP!!!”
 
“Uh… TK?” said Thormon, “I don't think we should make him any angrier than he already is!”
 
R.D just flexed his legs, “Too late my doomed friend… HERE I COME!!!”
 
The battle was on, and TK was up first.
 
TK started by charging forward for a straight on attack, but when he made contact with the Digimon's gut, he bounced right off it.
 
It was as though he just tried to hit a wall made of rubber. “I don't understand!” TK cried. “It didn't even tickle him!”
 
“Well of course not silly!” said R.D, “My extra layer-cushioned skin bounces those attacks right off of me.”
 
TK wouldn't believe it for an instant, and kept right on attacking R.D's gut, with the same result.
 
Not even Thormon himself could land a punch without it being bounced right off the batch of blubber
“You just don't give up hop do you?” said R.D, “I guess that's what makes you weak over the rest of your comrades.
 
“You Lie!” shouted TK, “Hope is the very reason I was chosen to be a Digi destined in the first place.”
 
“Because I always believed that there was a way we could all win our battles, even thought I could barely face up to the truth.”
 
R.D just laughed, “If I wanted to hear that soppy story I would've destroyed a library in town.”
 
“Do think that for one instant that Hope will be the key to you victory, which will never be: mind you!”
 
“Here let me give you a run down of my ability. I am covered in front with layers of cushioned rubber.”
 
“Whatever attacks you send to me will just bounce right off, and do barely any damage to me!”
 
“However… I DOUBT IT WILL WORK FOR YOU!!!” The Digimon slammed his fist right into TK's face sending him hard to the ground.
 
“TK…I'm come… AGRH!!!” R.D was quick enough to tackle Thormon right in his tracks.
 
“I don't think that's a good idea!” said R.D “Flattery will get you nowhere this time, Fool!”
 
R.D began to put all his heavy body mass on Thormon, when suddenly from behind him…
 
“WOLF-FANG-FIST!!!”… TK charged forward and slammed his fist into R.D's back knocking him into the river.
 
R.D held his back in pain when he came back up, “How in the world did you just hit me like that?” he asked.
 
“It's very simple” said TK, “I knew with all that blubber in front of you, attacking you from there would be foolish.”
 
“However, as springy as you are in front, the back is an entirely different matter!”
 
R.D came out of the water feeling a little steamed; “Now you've really pushed me!” he snorted, and stuck out his arms.
 
“HAZY-MIST!!!” he shouted.
 
Form out of his arms shot a field of poison energy, and while TK and Thormon were blinded by the fog, R.D ran and hid himself…somewhere.
 
When the smoke cleared, TK and Thormon couldn't see R.D anywhere. “He's in there somewhere!” said Thormon.
 
“Wherever he is, I can't sense his energy.” said TK, “He must be blending in with his surroundings.”
 
“Very perceptive TK!” said R.D's voice, “I have taken the liberty of poison this entire forest, making perfect for my needs.”
 
“So, as you can tell, I have the upper hand now, I can see you, but you see me!”
 
“MUD-PACK-BLAST!!!”
 
TK and Thormon were being hit from all sides by heavy mud balls which really burned.
 
Seeing as how they were at a disadvantage, TK and Thormon retreated further into the forest, away from the mud-balls.
 
“What are we going to do TK?” asked Thormon, “We can't just go out there and look for him; He'll turn us into Mud-Pies.”
 
“I think I have an idea that can draw him out.” said TK, “You go out there and force him to shoot at you.”
 
Thormon looked confused, “Let him shoot at me? What good will that do?” he asked, “You'll see, just do it!” said TK.
 
Thormon had no choice. He leapt out of the bushes and made faces saying, “Nah…nah… You can't hit me!”
 
“Oh I can't, can't I!” said R.D's Voice and he shot more mud-balls out for Thormon to dodge.
 
“Okay, here goes nothing! Said TK. He put his finger to his forehead and began concentrating.
 
Finally, he opened his eyes and began darting his finger all over the place, for one direction to another.
 
“SPIRIT-BALL-ATTACK!!!”
 
A small light of energy in the shape of a bowling-ball began bouncing all over the forest.
 
The ball only moved to another area when TK moved hi fingers, cutting down everything it touched.
 
But after a while, TK had cut down the entire section of the forest they were in, and he still didn't R.D.
 
Suddenly, he heard R.D unleash another Mud ball attack from in the direction of the river.
 
Using what he had left, TK fired his Spirit-ball right onto the murky waters, and as the ripples moved, he saw a little bit of green skin underneath it.
 
“Thormon,” he cried, “Aim for the water!”
 
“So, there you are!” said Thormon running over the river and aiming his fist ready to punch the water surface.
 
“ELECTRO-PULSE!!!”
 
His fist charged up with electricity as it made contact with the water, sending electrical energy throughout it.
 
R.D jumped out the water consumed by electricity, “WHAT… BUT THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!” he cried.
 
“HOW COULD YOU HAVE BEATEN ME IN MY OWN POISONOUS ENVIROMENT!!!?”
 
“You should've known better.” Said Thormon, “That even the murkiest of water can still conduct electricity.”
 
“Exactly Right!” added TK, “Now that's he's still wet, let's dry him up but-good.” TK then flexed hi arms together…
 
“KA…ME…HA…ME…HA!!!” He fired straight at R.D's gut which put a hole right through him.
 
“Physical-attacks may not work on blubber, but energy sometimes can!” he said. “Take it away, Thormon!”
 
“Coming right up!” said Thormon, as he held his hands into the air and two lightning bolts appeared in each hand.
 
“NO…YOU CAN'T! YOU WOULDN'T!!!” cried R.D, “I can, and I am!” said Thormon!
 
“THUNDER-FORCE!!!”
 
He fired one thunder-bolt into R.D's pierced gut, and the other right at his face.
 
“YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHH….NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!” he cried, and when all had quieted down, he was gone.
 
The forest began resuming its normal status, including the trees TK accidentally knocked down with the Spirit-ball.
 
Once again the trees were perfect, the air was clear, and the river was no longer murky again.
 
Which was a good thing, or else TK wouldn't be holding up eh Digiball of Hope he had fished from the lake.
 
The Digiball was no longer black, but it once again shown brightly as though it was brand new.
 
Although they had won that battle at least, both TK and Thormon were not as amused.
 
“If that's how tough that guy was, Imagine how much stronger the others might be!” said TK.
 
“You could be right TK!” said Thormon, “Still, at least that's one down, and seven more to go.”
 
TK rekindled his happiness, “Yeah, I guess we did pretty well.” He said, “Now come on, let's go find the others. Maybe they need our help.”
 
“Coming right along.” Said Thormon as he and TK headed back into the skies.
 
They had successfully obtained the first of their eight missing Digiballs. With the other seven still out there with more Daemon brothers guarding them…
 
…The quest to save the world has only just begun!