Digimon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Diamon Serenades ❯ Flavor of the Weak ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Flavor of the weak."

By: Squall

[Author's notes: Kazudamon and Sulcromon are a little OOC (Out Of Character) in this fic. Sulcromon kind of becomes the submissive girlfriend, while Kazudamon acts like a big jerk. This was the only way I could get them to work in this story so bare with me and enjoy ^_^.]

"Alright! TGIF is on!"

'Twas a lovely night outside… but Kazudamon, a purple and white Digimon of the canine variety, would know nothing of that because he was inside, parked in front of the "idiot box" watching ABC's Friday night line up. In the other room, Sulcromon, a gray dragon Digimon with red stripes, tinted her nail a bright rose color. She had just taken a shower so the top of her head was wrapped up in a towel.

"Hey babe! Could y' get my dirty collars out of the hamper while you're in there?" Kaz yelled from the other room. "Whatcha, doing in there? You been in there for a while!"

"I wanna make sure I look good for tonight." Sully replied.

"Oh? What's so special about tonight?" asked Kazudamon.

"Kaz! Don't tell me you forgot!" said Sully with an exasperated tone.

"Forgot what?" said Kaz with a dumbfounded look.

"We're meeting our new neighbors from the 'net today." Said Sully, becoming more frustrated. "They'll be here soon and you haven't even taken a bath yet!"

Kaz didn't feel like getting the third degree from his girlfriend so he ignored her and picked up the phone. Pulling out a number he had hidden under the couch cushions, Kaz began to dial.

At the same time there was a knock at the door.

"Kaz, could you get that?" Sully called from the bathroom. "I'm getting dressed and I can't get away now."

Kazudamon gave no sign that he had even heard her as he held the phone to his ear, anxiously waiting for the other party to pickup. The phone rang a couple times before it was answered by a voice belonging to a most familiar Fox-type Digimon.

"Jennifer and Foximon's Digi-hangout. Foximon speaking." Came the reply.

"Guess who?" Kazudamon said slyly.

"Kaz? 'That you?" Foximon asked.

"The one and only." He replied.

"So what's new?" said the fox. At the same time, the knocks at the door became slightly louder, and Sulcromon was wondering why Kaz hadn't answered it yet.

"Nothing much." Kaz said, nonchalantly. "Things are a little boring around here. I was thinking we could go out sometime."

"You mean, you, me and Sully?" asked Foximon.

"I was thinking just you and me." Kaz answered.

"As friends, right?" Foxi blurted out quickly. "I wouldn't want to come between you and Sully." She was becoming a bit uncomfortable.

"Hey, whatever you want, babe." Kaz said with a laid-back tone.

Finally the knocking had become so loud that not even Kaz could ignore it. He laid a paw over the phone's speaker as he turned his head back and yelled, "Sully! Babe! Umm, that door ain't gonna answer its self."

"Ugh!" Sully rolled her eyes. She loved Kaz dearly but situations like this really got under her skin. Fortunately she had gotten dressed quickly and wouldn't have to worry about looking good while she answered the door. She was wearing a red sequence mini skirt to match her stripes.

She quickly walked over to the door and opened it. Waiting patiently outside was a short rabbit/opossum-like creature with black and white fur, large reddish-orange eyes, and a long white tail adorned with a platinum tail ring. Other than that, Sully also noticed him wearing a little black bowtie and he was carrying a small package.

Standing beside him was a somewhat taller, rodent-like creature with crimson red fur, pail yellow horns, long droopy ears, small bat-like wings, and what appeared to be pentagrams/pentacles on his cheeks.

"Hi. I'm-" the smaller of the two began before he was suddenly over come with emotion. His eyes turned from their usual reddish-orange to a bright pink [A/N: Diamon's eyes change color depending on his mood. Reddish-orange denotes "cheerful" which is his most common mood (reddish-orange is also sometimes used as the neutral color). Pink denotes his second most common mood, "Love"] as he found himself staring at Sully, utterly infatuated with her every feature.

"Ugh! Here we go again." Said the rodent in his raspy voice. A hint of annoyance could be detected in his tone. "Please excuse my companion here. He does this sort of thing whenever he meets a girl." he bowed politely (a bit uncharacteristic for him) before continuing. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Devilchu and he is Diamon."

"Nice to meet you." Said Sully with a smile. Then she realized something. "Excuse me, but weren't there supposed to be more of you?" she asked.

"The others are out on business," Devilchu began to answer (Diamon was to nervous to talk to her). "And Patachu, my nephew, it's passed his bed time so he couldn't come either."

"Oh. Okay. C'mon in then." Sully invited.

The three of them step into the parlor where Kaz was still on the phone. She stopped and turned to face him.

"Kaz, could you show these two around? I haveta check on the food." Said Sully as she hurried off to the kitchen.

"Whatever." Said Kaz, barely giving her a second glance.

After Sully had left, Kaz turned to the pair and asked, "So, who are you guys?"

"I'm Devilchu and he's Diamon." Devilchu took the liberty

"Devilchu? That's an odd name for a Digimon." Kaz commented.

"I'm a Pokémon." Devilchu explained, slightly perturbed that Kaz couldn't tell.

"Pokémon, huh? Well, nobody's perfect." Said Kaz before returning to his phone conversation. Devilchu snorted with aggravation.

Diamon finally snapped to his senses. He turned to Kaz with a wide smile on his face as he exclaimed, "Kazudamon! Who was that vision of loveliness!!"

Kaz pulled the phone away from his ear and answered "Who? You mean Sully? She's just my girlfriend."

Upon hearing the words "my girlfriend" Diamon's heart sank. His bright smile turned to a depressed frown, his tall ears and long tail drooped, and his eyes turned from bright pink to light blue.

"Oh." He said blankly.

While Kaz and Dia chatted, Devilchu took the chance to look around.

"Nice digs y' got here." he said vacantly. Then the Nintendo64™ sitting on the entertainment system above the TV caught his eye.

"Is that what I think it is!" Devilchu shouted suddenly. He walked over to it for a closer inspection and began to salivate when he noticed all it's many accessories.

"Oooo! Expansion card! Turbo handle! Rumble pak!" he named them one by one.

Kaz, noticing Devilchu's excitement, rested the phone by the receiver and spoke up.

"A hardware fan, eh?" he said. "How would you like to go a few round at Super Smash bros.™?"

"Super Smash bros.™?? Sure!" Devilchu said excitedly.

"Okay. Let me just get the spare handles and rumble paks outta my room." Kaz said as he got up and began to walk to his bedroom.

"I'll come with." Devilchu offered.

"Oh, Dia, Could y' hang up the phone for me?" Kaz asked as he exited the room.

Diamon put his package down on the coffee table before walking to the phone. He picked it up and was about to place it back on the receiver when his sharp ears picked up a familiar voice.

"Kaz? You still there?" Diamon recognized it instantly.

"Foxi?" he said, a bit confused.

"Dia? Is that you?" said Foximon, recognizing him as well.

Meanwhile, as Kazudamon and Devilchu walked to Kaz's room they passed the kitchen and a tempting bowl of fruit caught Devilchu's eye. He took an apple without some much as asking first, and leaned against the countertop as he ate it. He looked over his shoulder and saw Sulcromon working at the stove. Watching her, he began to think about her and her relationship with Kazudamon. Kaz was kind of an unappreciative boyfriend, and he wondered what she thought about it. So he decided to ask her about it.

"Are you and Kaz really an item?" he said.

"Yeah. Why do you ask?" Sully replied, pausing for a moment to give him her attention.

"Well, it's just that he seems like kindda a jerk sometimes." Devilchu answered.

"I know. But he's really a great guy." She said. "When we were first going out he was really supportive and helpful. Stuff like that, y' know. I can't really imagine my life without him."

"You must really love him." said Devilchu, uncharacteristically serious.

"With all my heart." She replied, just as serious.

That was what Devilchu was afraid she'd say. Despite what Kaz might have been like in the past, Devilchu had a feeling that he wasn't that way anymore. He had become quite insensitive and Devilchu feared he might break Sully's heart. And although he was an evil Pokémon, there was one thing Devilchu couldn't stand… to see a lady cry.

"Yo! Devilchu! You coming or not?" called Kaz.

Devilchu quickly finished his apple and hurried off after him. He didn't like the way Kaz paid little or no attention to Sully but decided that it was really none of his business.

Devilchu was amazed. Kazudamon's room was almost as messy as his. As Devilchu looked around he noticed clutter in just about every corner of the room. He also noticed that several posters of a particular nature adorned the walls.

"Quite a collection of posters y' go here." said Devilchu as he began to name them one by one.

"Let's see; y' got Biyomon, Gatomon, Lillymon, Angewomon…" Devilchu paused, utterly stunned at the last poster that caught his eye.

"Sweet Beelzebub!" he shouted while crossing himself. "It's the extremely rare holo-foil Silvermon poster!"

"Ah. You have good taste. That poster is one of my favorites." Said Kaz. "I only wish Sully was half as good looking as these girls."

That disturbed Devilchu. Being a Pokémon, he wasn't the best judge of Digimon beauty, but from what he could see Sulcromon was a very desirable mate. He feared he might have been right about Kazudamon.

While this was going on, Foximon had explained to Diamon over the phone about her and Kaz's conversation.

"He asked me out." She said. "And I don't think he meant it in a friendly manner."

"I don't believe him!" Diamon said in a shocked and disgusted fashion. "Here he has a great girlfriend and he's flirting with other girls behind her back, the cad." He wrinkled his nose at the thought of it.

"Diamon, I want you to promise me something." Foximon requested.

"Sure. Anything you want, Foxi." Dia replied.

"I want you to watch out for Sully. She may need it." Foximon's was voice full of worry.

"Will do." Diamon took on a determined smile.

"Goodbye, Dia. And good luck." knowing Diamon was on the case, Foximon's voice already sounded reassured.

She paints her nails
And she don't know
He's got her best friend on the phone!
She'll wash her hair
His dirty clothes are all he gives to her!
And he's got posters on the wall
Of all the girls he wish she was
And he means everything to her!!

As Diamon entered Kazudamon's room, he and Devilchu had just pulled a large box out of his closet and were digging through it. Diamon walked up to it and looked inside. The bottom of the box was covered with spare handles, rumble paks, and various other Nintendo™ accessories.

"Here it is!" called Kazudamon as he held up a transparent purple handle. "This ones my favorite"

"I think I'll take this red one." Said Devilchu, holding up the aforementioned handle.

"Okay, but don't take the blue one. That's Sully's favorite." Kazudamon warned.

"I think you mean the gray one." Diamon suggested.

"Oh? And what makes you think that!" said Kaz, a bit annoyed that Diamon would think he'd know more about Sully than him.

"Because it's decorated with red stripes and it has the word 'Sully' written under the analog stick." Said Dia in a deadpan fashion as he held the handle up to shown them.

Kaz slapped his forehead as he said, "That's right! She likes the gray one because it's the same color she is."

"Gee, how'd that slip your mind?" said Devilchu, sarcastically.

"Speaking of things slipping one's mind," Dia began. "I just remembered that I had brought an ice-cream cake for this party and left it on the coffee table. Does Sully like ice-cream cake, Kaz?"

"How should I know?" said Kaz with a shrug.

Both Diamon and Devilchu gave an almost simultaneous sigh of resignation.

"Just drop it, okay?" said Kaz, becoming irritated. "Let's just go out and get this stuff set up." And so the trio exited Kaz's room and headed back to the parlor.

They walked back into the parlor one by one, each carrying a handle and rumble pak they had picked out (BTW, incase you were wondering, Diamon picked out a black handle).

"Umm, Diamon?" said Sully, causing the rabbit/opossum to stop and face her.

"Yeah, Sully?" he asked.

"I forgot to ask," she began. "What was in that package you brought?"

"Oh that was just an ice-cream cake." He said with a smile.

"Ooo! Ice-cream cake. That's my favorite." Said Sully, almost giddy.

Ice-cream cake is her favorite and Kaz didn't even know. This guy's not much of a boyfriend. Dia thought to himself.

"Let me just get it real quick and pop it into the freezer until after dinner." Said Sully as she scurried off. Dia just stood there and pondered all this for a moment. Then he sighed and shook his head.

Her boyfriend
He don't know
Anything about her!
He's too stoned!
Nintendo!
I wish that I could make her see
She's just the flavor of the week!!

The three boys plugged in their handles and began to play. Devilchu decided to play as Pikachu; a fellow Pokémon of the electric rodent verity, while Kazudamon decided on playing as Link and Diamon opted for the classic plumber, Mario.

Diamon was never very good at video games. This was due to the fact that he had short, stubby fingers. But he thought that it really was no excuse for how badly he was being beaten seeing as how Devilchu was doing well despite lacking pinkies, and Kazudamon was doing the best of the three of them despite lacking an opposable thumb entirely. The real reason he was losing was because his mind wasn't focused on the game. He was thinking about Kaz and Sully and the way they treated each other. Sully was really kind, always polite and doing whatever is asked of her. Kaz seemed to be neglectful and thoughtlessly forgetful; thinking of him self first and others last… if ever!

Diamon decided that he should probably stop thinking such bad things about someone. After all, this was only his first impression of Kazudamon. But while his mind wandered he didn't realize that Mario had racked up considerable damage (about 125%) and with one well place blow from Link, Mario was sent flying off the screen.

"That's game, little dude." Kaz taunted.

Being knocked out of the game, there wasn't much for Dia to do until a new round began, so to pass the time he looked around the room and began to scrutinize every corner. To say that he was shocked at what he saw would've been an understatement. Bookshelves, walls, end tables, just about everywhere he looked he saw pictures of Foximon, Huntermon, and several other girls (think, all the girls in Kazudamon's crushes page). Here, all the girls Kaz had ever had interest in, or had ever had interest in him, were displayed like trophies. And amongst them all there was but one picture of Sulcromon.

At this time the phone began to ring. Sulcromon was too busy with the stew she was making at the moment so she called out, "Kaz! Could y; get that? I can't get away from the stove right now."

Kaz was far to into the game to even have heard her. Every move, every sound, he cared more about winning then listening to Sully.

Look at how he ignores her. Diamon thought to himself. She might as well be talking to herself. In fact, she might be better off if she were all-alone and he would just go far away and never come back.

The phone continued to ring unanswered as the game became more intense.

"Ha, ha! Gotcha!" Kaz shouted triumphantly as he unleashed a brutal combo.

"C'mon, my yellow brother! We must seize victory!" shouted Devilchu as he desperately continued to fight on.

"Hey babe! Could y' put on some tunes for me to kick this demon rat's butt to?" Kaz asked, completely forgetting that Sully was to busy with the food to be bothered.

"But Kaz-"

"I don't hear any tunes, babe!" Kaz interrupted.

Sully gave a sigh of resignation and decided that she could probably get away from the stove for just a few moments.

"What do y' wanna hear?" she said half heartily.

"I don't know!" Kaz said pretentiously. "Something good!"

"How 'bout one of Em's 'Bon Jovi' CDs?" she asked.

"Yeah! Put that one on!" he replied.

"Bon Jovi, huh?" Devilchu began. "Squall, that's my Pokémon trainer and Diamon's Digidestined, he's a big 'Bon Jovi' fan, too. We never hear the end of those JBJ songs."

"I hear y', Poké boy." Kaz concurred.

Diamon could not stand sitting next to this neglectful wretch any longer. He decided he'd get up and help Sully in the kitchen. Maybe keep an eye on the stew while she put on the music… anything to get away from Kaz.

Sully was just about to go get the CD when Diamon walked into the room. This was only the second time he had seen her up close since he got there and he was positively taken aback by her stunning beauty. He knew she was spoken for, but he couldn't help but fall in love with her all over again. Not only was her physical beauty appealing to him, but her style was unmatched and her outfit was to die for.

"C-c-can I help you?" he nearly choked on the words.

"Oh thank you." she said, graciously. "Could you get the CD for me? It's in the booklet by the stereo."

"Sh-sh-sure." Diamon stuttered out. He turned; ready to leave when something stopped him. He thought that maybe he should talk to Sully about the way Kaz acted toward her.

"Umm, Sully?" he began.

"Yes?"

"…Nothing." He decided against it.

It's Friday night
She's all alone.
He's a million miles away!
And she's dressed to kill!
The TV's on
He's connected to the sound!
And he's got pictures on the wall
Of all the girls he's loved before
And she knows all his favorite songs!!

As Kaz continued to pummel Devilchu at "Super Smash bros.™" the phone's ringing became more impatient. Dia had picked out the Bon Jovi album, "Crush" and was about to place it in the stereo when one last ring finally annoyed Kaz into paying attention.

"Sully! Babe! That phone ain't gonna answer itself!" he shouted.

But you're sitting right next to it!!! Thought Diamon, exasperatedly as he placed the CD in the stereo.

"If it's not one thing it's another." Sully said to her self. She sighed and walked over to the phone to answer it. "Hello. Sulcromon here." she listened as the person on the other line talked to her. Then she gave a nod before holding out the phone and saying, "Dia. It's for you."

Diamon walked over and took the phone from Sully.

"Who is it?" he asked politely.

"Dia, it's me, Kawii." Came the answer. "So how're things over there?"

"Bad." Was his answer.

"Why bad?" Kawii asked. Dia sighed before giving an answer

"It's Kazudamon and the way he treats Sully." He replied.

"How does he treat her?" Kawii asked a bit worried.

Diamon took in a deep breath before he began to explain what was going on with Sulcromon and Kazudamon.

Her boyfriend
He don't know
Anything about her!
He's too stoned!
Nintendo!
I wish that I could make her see
She's just the flavor of the week!!

"That sounds horrible." Said Kawii, sincerely.

"Yeah, I know." Dia agreed. "And the worst part is that she really cares about him. I wish there was someway that I could show her that Kaz is all wrong for her."

"I wish I could help," Kawii began. "But I only called to say that I just got back and to ask whether or not it was to late for me to drop by."

Diamon opened his mouth, ready to answer, when something suddenly crossed his mind. Kazudamon seemed to be a big flirt, and Kawiimon was very desirable by Digimon standards of beauty. She was a sweet young fox-type Digimon and as if that didn't make her attractive enough, she also had soft, shiny orange fur, long, luxurious blond hair, two long, beauty bushy tails, and sparkling, emerald green eyes. Thinking of this, a plan began to spin itself in Diamon's mind.

"No. It's not to late for you to drop by." He said, slyly. "Listen, Kawii. I got me a plan." Because of Dia's close proximity to Kaz, he spent the next few moments explaining his plan to Kawii over the phone in whispers (not that Kaz would have noticed anyway. He's still paying more attention to the game than anything else).

"Well… okay." She began. "I'll beam over on the transporter pad right away."

"Thanks, Kawii." Diamon said before hanging up.

"Good night!!" and with a final keystroke, Kazudamon defeated Devilchu.

"Awe man!" needless to say, Devilchu was disappointed.

Then suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Kazudamon was just about to tell Sulcromon to answer it when…

"I'll get it!" Diamon shouted suddenly, not giving Kaz a chance to ask Sully to do it. Diamon quickly got up and skipped over to the door. Of coarse, he already knew who it was and as he drew near the door he was hoping that his plan would go off without a hitch.

"Hello, Kawii." Diamon greeted as he opened the door to the fox-type Digimon.

"Hey, Dia." Kawii's voice sounded a little apprehensive.

"You remember the plan, right?" Dia asked.

"Dia, I don't know about this…" she sighed. "But I'll do it. Now who is this guy?"

"That's him. The purple mutt on the couch." Dia said as he pointed Kaz out.

"Whoa!" Kawii was stunned. As this beautiful specimen of canine Digi-dom met her eyes, she was knocked head over heels.

"So will y' do it?" Dia inquired.

"Are you kidding?? He's a major hunk! Of coarse I'll do it!!" Kawii replied, excitedly.

Kaz was pretty proud of himself as he gloated over his victory. Devilchu was becoming sick of his arrogance.

"Hello there, Kaz." That's when Kawiimon caught his eye.

"I am Kawiimon. Pleased to meet you." she said politely.

"Well hello yourself." Kaz said slyly while reaching over and putting the picture of Sully that rested on the coffee table face down. "So where y' been all my life, babe?"

"Umm, a glimmer in Squall's eye?" Kawii was becoming a bit uncomfortable. Sure, she thought Kaz was handsome, but she also knew he already had a girlfriend, and the way he was openly hitting on her while his girlfriend was in the other room was unsettling to her.

"Are you tired, babe?" Kaz said in the tone all cheesy pick-up lines begin in.

"No. Why?" Kawii asked, a bit confused.

"'Cause you been running through my mind all day." Kaz answered in the tone all cheesy pick-up lines end in.

Sully looked over into the parlor and saw Kaz flirting with the new arrival. This made her very upset, so she quickly scampered into the parlor to see what was going on.

"Kaz! What's going on?" said Sully with concern. Her being there annoyed Kaz so he gave it to her straight.

"Beat it, babe. Y' bother me." He said

"Huh?" Sully didn't quite get it.

"Let me spell it out for y', babe. Get lost! Why don't you go into the kitchen and finish making dinner. Anything so long as you leave me in peace." Kaz didn't pull any punches.

Sully couldn't believe what he had just said. After years of being together to think that it would end like this? She couldn't bear it, and she began to cry. And in the mist of all this, Diamon watch and cursed himself. His plan backfired. Instead of helping Sully to see Kaz for who he really was, Dia only succeeded in causing her more pain.

Her boyfriend
He don't know
Anything about her…

Diamon stared at Sulcromon, her tears cutting him to the quick. Devilchu watched as well, equally as hurt. Like I said, he couldn't stand to see a lady cry, and as he watched Sully cry he almost began to cry himself. And Kawii, she felt like dirt. She blamed herself for causing all this. Kaz continued to hit on her but she didn't listen. She felt too ashamed of herself to think about anything else.

As Dia continued to stare at Sully, her sorrow seemed contagious, as his reddish-orange eyes once again took on the hue of light blue. Then his gaze shifted to Kaz. How could this arrogant jerk hurt one as beautiful as Sully? Looking at him, Dia's sorrow turned to rage. Devilchu, sensing negative emotions filling the room, suddenly jerked his head in Diamon's direction.

Uh-oh! His eyes are turning red. Devilchu thought. And indeed Diamon's eyes were turning red… a deep crimson red, which Devilchu knew was a sure sign that Diamon was becoming angered.

Then… something unexpected happened. His eyes change color again. This time they turned all black with white pupils.

Whoa! Never seen that one before. He must be really pissed! Devilchu thought.

Diamon could not hold in his rage any longer. He picked up a big rock (don't ask me where he got it), walked up behind Kazudamon and…

He's too stoned!
He's too stoned!
He's too stoned!
He's too stoned!!

Upon the fourth strike the rock shattered over the back of Kaz's unsuspecting head.

"Whoa… That was violent." Said Devilchu in a deadpan tone.

"On behalf of the author I would like to apologize to any readers who were offended by that overtly violet material." And Kawii gave the public service announcement.

Despite the *ahem* "violent" beating he had received from Dia, Kaz was still standing, although a bit wobbly. Dia felt that Kaz had not yet received enough of a thrashing. He wanted to make him fell physically all the pain he had caused Sully emotionally. So he ripped the Nintendo64™ out of the wall and (ignoring some slight protest from Devilchu) proceeded to smash it over Kazudamon's head. And with that final blow, Kaz was knocked completely unconscious.

Sully watched the whole thing in utter shock. She finally ran over and pulled Dia off of Kaz.

"Dia! Stop! I think he's had enough!" she shouted frantically.

"Huh?" Dia finally returned to his senses. His eyes returned to there usual reddish-orange as he began to calm down. "Oh my God. What've I done?" he said, his voice full of worry.

"Will Kaz be all right?" Sully asked.

"He'll be fine… when he wakes up." Kawii reassured.

"Sully… I'm sorry about all this. This was all my fault." Diamon apologized as sincerely as he could.

"No… part of the blame belongs to me." Kawii began somberly. "When I got here, Kaz started flirting with me… and part of me liked the attention. If I hadn't come this wouldn't have happened."

"No, this still would've happened," Devilchu began. "Maybe a little later on, maybe with a different girl, I don't know. All I know is that Kaz is a jerk with a wandering eye, and the moment he found a prettier girl than you, Sully, he was gonna leave without the slightest thought of your feelings."

Her boyfriend
He don't know
Anything about her!
He's too stoned!
Nintendo!
I wish that I could make her see
She's just the flavor of the week!!

Devilchu inhaled and exhaled deeply. Kawii and Dia were amazed. Devilchu had never spoken this seriously about anything before.

"Listen, Sully," Devilchu began again. "Dia didn't want to see you get hurt… none of us did. We just wanted to help you see Kaz for the kindda person he really was. We're sorry things turned the way they did."

Yeah she's just the flavor of the week!!!

Sully smiled. "I understand." She began. "You only wanted to help me. Thank you."

"Don't thank us," Kawii started. "Thank Diamon."

"Yup!" Devilchu nodded. "He was definitely the one who wanted to help you the most."

"Is that true, Dia?" Sully asked.

Dia nodded, starting to blush slightly. Then he took Sully by her paws, looked deep into her eyes, and spoke.

"Sully…" his voice was serious, yet comforting. "Kaz was all-wrong for you. You are beautiful, but he couldn't see that. You need someone who can see not just the beauty you have on the outside, but also the beauty you have on the inside. I know there's someone like that out there for you… you just haveta look."

"Oh Dia, you're so sweet…" she said tenderly. Then she leaned over and kissed him lightly on the cheek.

Diamon couldn't believe it. Sulcromon, the loveliness whom had won his heart earlier that night was now kissing him on the cheek! He was so over come with emotion that he……… fainted.

She makes me weak…

The End

Disclaimer: I do not own nor do I claim to own "Digmon: Digital Monsters" and "Pokémon" or any characters or story lines there of. Nor do I own the song "Flavor of the Weak." They belong to their rightful copyright holders. The characters of Sulcromon, is rightfully the property of Chase and the character of Kazudamon is rightfully the property of Cowgirl Em. The character of Foximon is rightful property of Jennifer and the character of Silvermon is the rightful property of Rachel. All I own are the characters of Diamon, Kawiimon and Devilchu and the plot.