Digimon Fan Fiction / Fatal Fury Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ THE BOYZ ❯ Private Talks ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Robster80 presents...

THE BOYZ:
PART 2 - Private Talks

Dedicated to Fanboyimus Prime

Last time: Quatre, Piccolo, Ranma, and TK threw a small party to celebrate their moving into a four-person apartment. Stories were exchanged, including why some of them had decided to move into the apartment. TK was about to go get the pizzas the four had ordered when suddenly...


A tall blond teen rushed into the room and slammed the door after him, pressing his back to it. "Could I hide here for a while?" In his hand was a large plastic bag filled with some clothes.

TK recognized him right away. "Matt! What happened, big bro?"

"I was coming down to visit you and bring some extra clothes for you when I ran into Jun-."

"Say no more, Matt. I understand." He turned to face the others. "Guys, meet my older brother Matt. Is it okay if he stays here for a while?"

All three nodded.

"Sure."

"Why not?"

"A brother of yours is a friend of mine, TK."

Then they all asked, "Who's Jun?"

A knock on the door came as if to answer their question. TK moved matt aside and looked out the peephole. He immediately frowned.

Matt grew pale. "Don't tell me I led her here," he whispered.

TK faced him and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. "Worse," he whispered in anger. "You led her, Davis, and Kari right to here!"

"Ahem!" Quatre coughed loudly, catching everyone's attention. He motioned TK and Matt to go into another room as he approached the door. Another knock came, but Quatre waited until both brothers were out of sight, and then opened the door to reveal three teens: two girls and one boy, all with brown hair. One girl had her hair neat while the other two had their hair spiked. Quatre looked at them and said, "Can I help you?"

The spiky-haired girl said, "Sorry to bother you, but we were following my boyfriend up here and we thought he came in this apartment. Have you seen him?"

Quatre thought for a moment. "Not sure. Can you describe him?"

The boy rolled his eyes. "Just give it up, Jun! He wouldn't hide in an apartment that belongs to someone he doesn't know."

<If only he knew...> Quatre thought as Jun faced the boy. "Davis, I know what I saw and I'm positive he came this way."

The other girl, Kari, said, "No offense but only fools are positive."

Jun ignored her and faced Quatre again. "He's about my height, with blond hair, and a green jacket."

Quatre shook his head. "No, I haven't seen anyone like him. One of my roommates is blond, but he's about the same height as your brother and his friend, so it can't be him. Sorry."

Jun bowed and said, "Thank you anyway. Sorry to disturb you." She then led the other two away as Quatre closed the door. TK and Matt re-entered the room, with a "Are they gone" look on their faces. Quatre nodded. "I discouraged them, don't worry. Just wait a few minutes and you'll be able to slip out without them knowing."

"I doubt that," Piccolo said after sipping his second glass of water. "She's got that same determination Goku had. My guess is that she'll wait at the lobby for your brother, TK."

Matt sighed heavily, knowing Piccolo was right. "Looks like I'm stuck here. I'm just lucky my girl Kristen is out of town for tonight at her uncle's. She really hates Jun as much as I do."

Ranma, who had changed back during the interruption, patted his back. "I know how you feel. At least she doesn't want to marry you-."

Matt glared at Ranma. "Don't say anything that would give her any ideas!"

TK held his brother back. "Let him alone, bro! He's got three women out to marry him, so he's got worse than you."

Ranma then said, "I have an idea! We still have to go get the pizzas, so why don't Matt and I go get them?" He took Piccolo's water again and doused himself with it, changing into his/her cursed form. Matt stared at her with wide eyes.

"It's a curse," Ranma-chan said. "I'll explain later. Come on!" With that, he dragged Matt out the door, taking his keys with him.


******************************************************** ************************


Akane scoured the streets in search of Ranma. He had moved out by himself while she was gone, but luckily, she came home earlier than she expected. She had checked at Ukyo's and Shampoo's, twice. He wasn't there and neither girl had seen him at their restaurants in weeks. The thought of him going to the Kuno Mansion was out since Kuno would constantly try to kill him. Now she was worried instead of angry.

"Where is that baka?" she asked herself, still worried. "Why would he leave like that? He's not with the other girls, and his mother hasn't seen him at all... where could he be?"

She suddenly stopped as she saw Ranma-chan and a boy run down the opposite street from her. Hiding behind a tree, she watched as they stopped in front of the new pizza place and shake hands.

"Thanks for the help," she heard the boy say.

"No problem," Ranma-chan replied. "Like I said, I know how you feel. The girls chasing me wanna marry me except for one. She'd rather see me dead." There was a hint of something in his voice.

Akane watched as the boy waved and ran off while Ranma-chan entered the pizza parlor. "What is he up to? And was he talking about me? The way he said that last part... regret? Sadness?" Deciding to confront him, she walked over to the parlor and entered. The only people in there were several groups, couples, waiters, and a woman at the counter. Walking over, Akane asked if she had seen a red-haired girl come in.

"Yeah," the woman said. "She was picking up an order of two pies. The strange thing is that she asked if she could use the back door. I saw no harm in it, so I told her she could and she bolted out in less than a second."

Akane sighed, "Thank you," and walked out the main door. Figuring Ranma would be long gone by now, she decided to go home and try again tomorrow. As she walked home, she saw something whiz by her, screaming "OUTOFSHAMPOOSWAYPREVERTGIRLSHAMPOOLOOKFORAIREN!!!"

Akane knew from the tone, language, and the color of purple that it was Shampoo. <Maybe it wasn't a hot idea to storm into her place and inform her Ranma was missing...>


********************************************** **********************************


Ranma sighed with relief as he collapsed onto his bed that night. He had finished unpacking his belongings in the room he and TK were sharing for their stay. "So," he said turning to look at TK as the boy was hanging up a poster. "You needed your own space as well?"

TK looked at his roommate. "You ain't just whistling 'Dixie,' brother. Matt's a popular musician in town, and he gets a lot of stuff from the money he and his band make." After he got his poster up, he sorted through some of his pictures. He stopped at a photo of him and Kari from their trip to New York two years ago, and grew sad.

Ranma saw the look and said, "I don't mean to pry, but I'm guessing you really care for your best friend more than she knows." He looked up at the ceiling. "I do care about Akane, and I would like to marry her... if she would just trust me more than she gives me credit for. I never asked for the life I was given."

TK put the photo away. "And every time you two finally get comfortable, something or someone pops up and ruins everything, right?"

Ranma nodded. "I envy you, TK. At least you're in love with someone who trusts and understands you, and even calls you her best friend. Me? Akane thinks I'm nothing but a sex-changing pervert who's always running around behind her back and insulting her because I get a kick out of it. I didn't have a good life as she did, and I envy her at times. Her family loves her. My old man's got no real understanding of honor, and my mom rarely trusts me after she discovered my curse."

TK was silent for a moment, then chuckled. "You know, I think it was fate that brought the four of us together instead of Quatre. Fate put that ad in the paper, and it made us find it."

Ranma smiled. "Fate's like that sometimes. It's given us hard times mostly, but now and then it curves some good things our way." He then sat up. "Mind if I see that one photo?"

"Only if I see one of Akane."

They swapped pictures and examined the girls in them. Ranma said, "How long have you known this girl?"

"Since we were eight. Our older brothers once joked that we were 'Digi-destined' to be together forever." TK looked hard at Akane's picture. "She's cute-."

"She is not cute!" Ranma exclaimed, then he whispered, "She's beautiful. I just wish I could tell her that without my foot getting in my mouth."

There was a knock on the door before Piccolo entered. "Get some sleep, you two! Tomorrow we begin your training!"

Ranma shot a glance at TK, then a puzzled one at Piccolo. "He's training, too?"

TK gave Piccolo a "who me" look before the Namek said, "Yes. I can detect ki energy, you know. I noticed it when we first met that you've got something that even your friends the Digi-Destined don't know about. Maybe you can improve before the upcoming tournament." They had found out earlier on the news that Mr. Satan was sponsoring another tournament, and that the famous fighter Terry Bogard was going to attend.

TK smiled at this. He had been secretly studying Terry's moves from film clips of him and had mastered some of his attacks.

Piccolo also smiled, but at TK's reaction. "I thought you'd like that. Now sleep! We start early." He then closed the door and waited for the two boys to sleep. <Those two should be easy to train. They're not as unskilled as Gohan was, but not as strong as he was, either. And that smile TK gave reminds me so much of Goku's determination.>

[I agree! They're good kids.]

Piccolo closed his eyes. [Goku! You've been spying on me?]

[Actually, I've had my eye on them for sometime, especially Ranma. Hey, don't forget Gohan's gonna visit tomorrow after he gets his homework done. Maybe he can help teach these guys.]

Piccolo nodded. Gohan was now ready to teach students now, especially since that he was now the strongest being on Earth. [I think he'll like these two.]


******************************************************* *************************


Quatre sat at his computer in his room. He was wearing a headset with a microphone and spoke into it. "Well, let's just say that my roommates are anything but ordinary. However, I think we'll get along fine. We're taking a training trip tomorrow, on account that they want to participate in the upcoming tournament. Say, tell the girls that my one roommate is the brother of Matt Ishida, the musician! I am not kidding you, Duo!"

Quatre paused for a moment as he sent out some e-mail. "I just sent out the address to you guys and photos of my new friends. You won't believe them when you see who one of them is."

He winced as the voice on the other end screamed in the earpiece. "Wufei, there is no need to shout! ...You know Ranma? His father did what?! I... I'm sure Ranma didn't know..."

<Oh shit! What have I done?!>


End part 2


Next (Quatre): Next time, Piccolo takes TK and Ranma to some place waaaaaaay up above the planet and they meet the boy Gohan, who's supposed to be the one who killed Cell. After showing off their skills, they get to see the Room of Spirit and Time. Meanwhile, Akane and Kari begin their separate search for Ranma and TK. Also, who are the three mysterious men just entering the area, and why is one of them after Ranma? Next episode of THE BOYZ: Searching For Answers.

Author's notes: I know that Funimation changed the names of both Mr. Satan and the Room of Spirit and Time to Hercule and the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, but I prefer the Japanese names because it fits them so much better. Also in the next ep, we get to see Matt's girlfriend (Kristen), Mimi, Mr. Satan, and Ukyo. Stay tuned, and Ja ne!