Digimon Fan Fiction / Fatal Fury Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ THE BOYZ ❯ Searching For Answers ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Robster80 presents...

THE BOYZ:
PART 3 - Searching For Answers

Dedicated to Fanboyimus Prime

Previously (Quatre): Our intro party was interrupted when TK's older brother Matt showed up, and asked us to hide him from some girl named Jun, who had been following him with her brother Davis and TK's best friend/secret crush Kari. After I told them to try elsewhere, Matt and Ranma-chan sneaked away so Ranma could get the pizzas we had ordered. That night, Ranma and TK had a private talk, then Piccolo told them that they would be training for the upcoming tournament sponsored by Mr. Satan. I was buddy chatting with my fellow Gundam pilots about my new friends, but it turns out Wufei has a grudge against Ranma...


TK looked at his clock, which read 5AM. He looked over at Ranma, his roommate, who was still asleep. Quietly, he got up, dressed, and went to the kitchen for a quick breakfast before he, Ranma, and Piccolo left for training.

<I hope I can keep up with those two,> he thought as he cooked himself an omelet. <The only kinds of attacks I know of are the Burn Knuckle and Crack Shot. I'm still amazed that I learned them after seeing Terry Bogard in action only a few times.>

TK sat down at the table and ate his breakfast in silence when Piccolo walked in, still wearing his usual gi, turban, and shoulder harness with the cape. The Namek looked at him and said, "At least one of you gets up early. Finish quickly, while I get Ranma up."

TK wolfed down the rest of his omelet as Piccolo entered his room and threw Ranma out of bed. "What the hell was that for?!" Ranma screamed. Then he remembered he was going to train today and quickly got ready.

Quatre entered the kitchen just as his three roommates were ready to leave. "I'll see you guys later on," he said. "I'm going grocery shopping today with the lists we made last night."

"If you need any help, call my brother," TK said as he, Piccolo, and Ranma walked out the door. Once they were out on the roof, Piccolo grabbed them and flew into the sky.

TK said, "Whoa! Angemon and Pegasusmon never flew this fast!"


****************************************************** **************************


A lone figure stepped out of Tokyo Station, carrying only a duffle bag on his shoulder. The light breeze ran through his short black hair as he surveyed the city he had just entered. He ignored the people's stares at his Chinese features and clothing as he hailed for a taxi.

<I will have my revenge, Ranma Saotome!> he thought bitterly.


*************************************************** *****************************


Another lone figure found himself in the middle of another part of the city. <NOW where am I?> he thought sadly as he gazed at a small box under his arm. <I have to get these chocolates to Akane before they go bad.>

Looking around, he found a newsstand with several paper labeled "Nerima Gazette."

<Nerima! I made it! Now I have to get to the Tendo Dojo.>

"Ryoga?"

The familiar voice made Ryoga turn to see a familiar girl wearing a purple combat suit and had a giant spatula strapped to her back. "Hello, Ukyo. What's up?"

Ukyo walked over to him. "Have you seen Ranchan anywhere?"

Ryoga grimaced at the name. "Not really. Haven't seen him since the wedding fiasco."

Ukyo sighed. "Akane burst into my restaurant yesterday demanding where he was. It turns out he's moved out of the Tendo Dojo finally, but no one's seen him at all. I've been looking for him last night, as did that hussy Shampoo, but we can't find him."

Ryoga's face lit up at this. "He moved out?! That means I finally have a chance with Akane! Later, Ukyo, and good luck with your search!" He took off running down the street, laughing like a schoolboy.

Ukyo shook her head as she watched him go. "Jackass. The Dojo's in the other direction."


************************************************* *******************************


Yet another lone figure roamed the streets of Tokyo. He wore a red coat with one long sleeve and one short one, and orange sunglasses. His blond hair stood up like a Super Saiyan's, but he was human.

He calmly looked around and said to himself, "This planet seems peaceful enough... luckily, no one back home noticed that I sneaked away on the last shuttle for here. Best of all, no one has ever heard of me or double dollars here. Finally, I'll have some peace!"

As the man walked, he noticed a sign that said, "Dishwasher wanted" in a window of a Chinese Restaurant. He looked up at the name of the restaurant. "Nekohanten? Cute name. Well, this looks like a nice, quiet place to earn some cash."

He knocked on the door and waited until a small, old woman on a large staff opened the door and said, "Good morning. Have you come to apply for the position of dishwasher?"

"Yes, ma'am. I'm new in town and I could use some work to keep myself busy."

The old woman led him in and said, "Well, you've come to the right place. My Great-granddaughter and I, along with a... family friend... run this small restaurant, and lately we could use some extra help. Mind you, though, my great-granddaughter has a husband, so do not make any moves on her."

"Don't worry. I have no interest in married women. Besides, finding a job and a place to stay is more important for me right now."

"Very well. We have a spare room upstairs that you are welcome to use. Now come! I need help setting up before we open today."


***************************************************** ***************************


Gohan was struggling with the last of his homework for Algerba IV in his room. <This one's tricky...> he thought, chewing on his pencil.

Suddenly, his mother entered the room and looked at his progress. "That's good enough, Gohan," she said. "Now go and play, but be back in time for dinner."

Gohan smiled. "Thanks, mom!"


******************************************************* *************************


TK and Ranma were startled at how high up they were on Kami's Lookout. Piccolo had just brought them there for their training, and a small child that resembled Piccolo and a black and chubby goblin in Indian clothes and a turban greeted them.

The boy bowed at them and said, "Welcome back, Piccolo. I see you have new students with you."

Piccolo bowed back. "Thank you, Dende."

Ranma looked at Piccolo funny. "Dende? I thought you said his name was Kami-. OW!" He was the promptly hit in the head with the staff Dende was holding.

Piccolo smirked at this. "It is the name he was born with. Also, he doesn't like to be called Kami, so watch yourself." He then walked over to the edge of the platform and looked down at the earth below. Suddenly, he smiled. "Here he comes now."

Gohan flew up and landed next to Piccolo, giving his old teacher a warm smile. "Morning, Piccolo!"

"Hello, Gohan. I need your help with two new pupils of mine for today." The tall Namek nodded back at Ranma and TK.

TK crossed his arms. "That's the kid who killed Cell? I thought he was a blond."

Gohan looked back at Piccolo. "I see," he said. "They both have good potential." He walked over to TK and said, "Show me some of your moves."

TK shrugged. "Okay. But you asked for it." His right hand formed a fist as he pulled back for a punch. "BURN KNUCKLE!" he shouted as he threw his now glowing fist into Gohan's face, sending the boy staggering back a few feet.

Gohan shook his head a bit, then said, "Not bad for a beginner. Got anything else?"

TK was stupefied, but launched a kick, yelling, "CRACK SHOT!" To his surprise, the kick was blocked by Gohan's raised arm. Finally, he put his leg down and said, "That's all I know."

Gohan smiled at him. "Those would match some of the normal fighters, but not a half-Saiyan like me. Still, that's pretty good." He then walked over to Ranma. "Your turn."

Ranma shouted, "KACHU TENSHIN AMAGURIKEN!" Hundreds of punches flew at Gohan, all missing him. The boy said, "Not bad, but when Piccolo and I get done with you, you'll be throwing more punches and much faster ones at that." He backed away twenty feet and said, "Now show me a ki bolt!"

Ranma nodded and pointed his palms at Gohan. "MOUKO TAKABISHA!"

The blast flew at Gohan, but he swatted it away as if it was a fly. "Anything else? I know you have more techniques."

Ranma said, "I do have one more, but I need my opponent's hot chi to use it."

Gohan blinked. "You know the Hiryu-Shoten-Ha then? Dude, I've been trying to learn that! Could you show me?"

Piccolo said, "That's enough gabbing. Gohan, you'll take TK into the Room of Spirit and Time first for four hours. Then Ranma and I will go in for the same amount of time."

TK said, "Cool but one question: what the heck is the Room of Spirit and Time?"

Mr. Popo said, "Just follow me, gentlemen!"

Ranma and TK looked around before realizing he was addressing them. They walked with Popo, Piccolo, and Gohan around the small palace to a door with a clock over it.

"This, " Mr. Popo said, "Is the door to the Room. For every two hours of real time, one month goes by in the Room. Piccolo, Gohan, and several others have survived for twenty-four hours inside when they were preparing for the Cell Games."

"Why can't we all go inside?" Ranma asked.

"Because only two people at a time my use the Room." Mr. Popo then opened the door. "Gohan, TK, good luck."

TK walked in, followed by Gohan. As the door shut behind them, they ventured to see the white void surrounding the small building. TK said, "I feel strange... like I'm a bit heavy all over. And I'm having a little trouble breathing."

Gohan said, "It's just the gravity. B ecareful not to venture out too far from here or you may never get back. It gets blazing hot during the days sometimes, and extremely cold at night. The first time my dad used the Room, he could only survive for a few months."

TK said, "So, what should we do first?"

"First, we'll get you to fly using your ki. Then, I'll show you an attack I learned from my dad."



************************************************** ******************************


Matt was watching TV later that morning. He changed the channel to the news about the upcoming tournament sponsored by Mr. Satan.

The champion said to the audience, "I will take on all challengers for the title of Strongest Man in the World and a cash prize of one million yen. However, I'm very sure that I will come out on top again!"

"What a yutz," Matt said as the so-called hero of Earth fired up the crowds at the press conference. "I'll bet he never even saw what happened to Cell at the Games."

There was a knock on the door as he shut off the TV. Carefully, Matt looked out the peephole to see two girls: one was Japanese with pink hair, and one was Vietnamese with long black hair. Smiling, he opened the door and said, "Mimi! Kristen! Nice of you two to drop by!"

Kristen hugged her boyfriend as Mimi said, "Hi, Matt! We came to see if you and TK would join us for a trip to the mall and a movie."

Matt reluctantly broke away from Kristen and said, "I'd like that, but TK isn't here."

Kristen asked, "Well, we can wait a little for him..."

Matt shook his head. "That won't do. You see, we're short on room since my parents remarried each other, and TK moved out-."

"HE WHAT-?!"

Matt, Mimi, and Kristen looked to see Kari standing a few feet from them, with Davis behind her. Kari said, "Please tell me this is a joke, Matt! TK didn't move!"

"He did, Kari. He found an ad in the paper about sharing an apartment for a two-week trial, and we decided he should take it while I clear out some of my old junk."

Kari couldn't believe what she was hearing. "Where is this apartment?"

Davis groaned at this. <What's she so worried about TC for? I'm her guy, not him!>

Matt didn't look at her. "I can't tell you."

"You mean you won't tell me, is that it?"

"No. He made me promise that I wouldn't tell anyone where he is. He said he also needed to get away from certain people for a while. Sorry about this, Kari, but my lips are sealed."

Kari grew sad at this. "I understand, Matt. Well, the next time you talk with him, please have him call me?" She turned to walk away when she remembered something from last night. <Wait a minute! What was it that guy said?>

["One of my roommates is blond, but he's about the same height as your brother and his friend, so it can't be him."]

<That apartment! Maybe that's where TK is! It's worth a try!> Kari took off down the hall and got in the elevator before Davis could follow her.

<I knew something was wrong with him! If only I had paid more attention instead of focusing on Davis... Maybe TK feels the same way I felt before Davis and I started dating.>


************************************************* *******************************


Akane stormed into Nabiki's room later that day. "Nabiki, I want you to help me find out where Ranma's gone to."

The middle Tendo sister said, "It will cost you, Akane. He may have left Japan, you know."

Akane said, "I don't care if I spend the rest of my life paying you back, Nabiki! Nor do I care if he has left the country, as long as I can find him. I need to know for sure why he left."

Nabiki looked up from her laptop and said, "Didn't it ever occur to you, dear sister, that he left to get away from everyone, especially me, the other girl, his father, and you? He's tried to be nice to you since the failed weeding, and I know that he still holds a grudge against Shampoo and the others for nearly killing you. I even saw him yell his head off at all three girls to leave him alone, and they refused to."

Nabiki resumed her typing. "And you, Akane, took everything out on him, never giving him a chance to apologize or talk. He may never want to see you again."

Akane carefully absorbed what Nabiki had just said to her. Ranma had been trying to please her since their failed wedding, even forcing himself to eat her cooking though he would throw it all up after he ate every time. Looking back on this, and even further, Akane realized that maybe she had been to harsh on Ranma.

"Maybe you're right, Nabiki... but I can at least try to apologize to him! I'll find him, even if I have to turn the whole city upside down."

Nabiki smiled. "Well, you passed the test I set up for you for just such an emergency, so I'll reduce my fee by half. I've already got lookouts posted all over Japan, and even have one of my best hackers checking records for all traveling companies in case Ranma has or will exit the country. If anything comes up, you'll hear from me."

Akane hugged her sister. "Thank you Nabiki."

"Whatever, sis. But, you might wanna see this one shrink I know. If you want Ranma to come home, you'll have to get control of your temper..."


************************************************** ******************************


Quatre entered is apartment that afternoon and set several grocery bags on the table. "This should last us the rest of the week," he said happily. Then there was a knock on the door.

"Hm, who could this be?" Forgetting to check through the peephole, he opened the door and gasped. "WUFEI?!"

Wufei's face was neutral. "Quatre. Where is Ranma Saotome?"

TO BE CONTINUED...

Next (Piccolo): TK, Ranma, and I finish our training for the day and come home to meet Chang Wufei, who for some reason hates Ranma. Things get complicated when Kari, Davis, and all of Ranma's fiancess come looking for Ranma and TK, forcing us to take desperate measures. Also, we learn more about the strange man at the Nekohanten as well as more guests show up, including Ranma's female cousin.

Coming up in THE BOYZ ep. 4: No Time For 'Hide-and-Seek'