Digimon Fan Fiction / Fatal Fury Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ THE BOYZ ❯ No Time For "Hide-And-Seek" ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Robster80 presents...

THE BOYZ:
PART 4 - Not Time For "Hide and Seek"

Dedicated to Fanboyimus Prime

Previously (Piccolo): I took Ranma and TK up to Kami's Lookout, where Gohan tested their fighting skills. As I suspected, TK had been learning several techniques used by the fighter Terry Bogard. Meanwhile, three mysterious men entered the Nermia District, one of them looking for Ranma. At the same time, Kari Kamiya and Akane Tendo begin their separate search for either Ranma or TK. Later, Quatre returned to the apartment only to be greeted by fellow Gundam pilot Wufei, who was also looking for Ranma...


"Kari, why are you doing this?"

Kari sighed heavily at Davis as they re-entered the lobby of an apartment building for the third time that day. She turned to face him. "Look, Davis, you can go home if you want, but I'm not going to give up until I'm sure whether or not TK's up in that apartment!"

Davis groaned at this. "I don't see why you are so worked up about that guy! You've hardly spoken to him since we started dating, and he's been avoiding you. I'm sure he doesn't want you around."

Kari tried to hold back her anger. <And I started dating this guy for what reason?> "I just want to know if he's here or not. If he's up in Apartment 642, then I'll at least know where he is-."

"Excuse me," someone said behind the two teens. They looked to see a black-haired girl somewhat older than them. "Did you say you were headed for Apartment 642? I'm going up there as well to look for someone I think answered an add in the news a few days ago."

Kari smiled and said, "Then why don't we all go up together? Maybe we'll both find who we're looking for."

"NOT WITHOUT US!"

The three looked to see three more women walk up to them. The black-haired teen glared at them. <Shit! How'd they find me?!>


**************************************************** ****************************


Piccolo landed on the roof first, followed by TK and Ranma, who were still getting used to flying on their own. "You'll both improve after some more training tomorrow," he said to them. "I'm glad you two are such fast learners."

They walked down to their floor and entered the apartment. Quatre was sitting at the table, drinking tea.

There was another person sitting opposite of him, who turned to glare at Ranma. "I've finally found you, Saotome."

Ranma frowned as he slammed the door behind him. "Hello, Wufei. I should have known that if Ryoga and Shampoo followed me back to Japan, you would as well."

Wufei got up from his seat and walked over to him. "Do you remember, or have any idea what you and your father did to my family's honor?"

"I can guess. Pop engaged me to your sister for food, then double-crossed your family and stole me back, as he did before with other families he conned. I was too young to understand what he was doing in those times, but now I know about SOME of the engagements."

Wufei facefaulted on the spot. "What the hell are you talking about?! Your father challenged my father to a fight during your stay at our dojo, lost, then sucker-punched my father and stole food from us, thereby staining my honor! ...He actually sold you to numerous engagements for food?"

Ranma nodded disgustedly. "To top it off he engaged me to the daughter of his old sparring partner Soun Tendo, as a matter of honor towards the School of 'Anything-Goes' Martial Arts, like he actually knows what honor is. I came to this apartment to get away from all that for a while. Now, what do you want to do to me?"

"I challenge you to a duel of honor, Ranma Saotome, for the sake of my family's honor which your father ruined. It will not be to the death, since I now realize you had nothing to do with his actions in the past. Just you and I, no weapons, no losses, no gains."

TK then got an idea. "Hey, you two! Why not fight each other in the upcoming tournament? That way you can settle your differences there."

Ranma nodded. "Good thinking, kid. What do you say, Wufei?"

Wufei was silent for a moment. "Agreed. This will also give me time to train myself. You mentioned Soun Tendo... is he related to a Akane Tendo? I ran into her on my way here. She was looking for you, but I told her nothing. I wanted to have my challenge first before anyone else got in the way."

Ranma said, "She's his daughter... and my reluctant fiancée."

Piccolo then heard several people coming down the hall towards them. Since he had better hearing than humans the others didn't notice. He stuck his head out of the door and his eyes went wide. After quickly closing it again and locking it, he looked at Ranma. "This Akane... is she about TK's height?"

"Yeah."

"Short dark hair?"

"Yeah."

"Looks like a tomboy?"

"Sorta. ...Why?"

There was a sudden knock on the door. Piccolo then whispered, "That would be her! Plus a few other girls."

Ranma dashed to the door and looked out the peephole. He then gasped as he turned back to the others.

"It's her," he hissed. "Plus the three other girls out to marry me, and I think Kari and her boyfriend!"

TK grew pale as he faced Quatre. "Uh, what did you tell them yesterday?"

Quatre's eyes went wide. "I said that one of my roommates was a blond and about your height!" After there came a second knock, he said, "Uh, Piccolo? You hide those two and their stuff! Wufei, I want you to pretend you live here! If they get a hold of Ranma, then there may be no chance of you having your duel."

Piccolo and his new students quickly dashed to Ranma and TK's bedroom and closed the door. Quatre nodded at Wufei, who then opened the door. He saw Akane, Kari, Davis, Shampoo, Ukyo, and Kodachi standing out in the hall. "May I help you ladies and gentleman?"

Kari stepped up first. "I'm looking for someone-." She then saw Quatre walking towards them. "Oh, hello, again!"

Quatre said, "Hello. What can my roommate and I do for you?"

"Sorry to bother you again, but I remember you mentioning one of your roommates being a blond and about my height. I'm looking for a friend of mine who fits that description named Takeru Takaishi. Does he live here?"

Quatre said, "He was considering moving in here, but he then changed his mind. I haven't seen him since yesterday when he dropped by during your last visit."

Davis then said, "Then why didn't you tell us he was there in the first place?!"

Wufei calmly looked at him. "You did not ask us then."

Ukyo then stepped forward. "I'm looking for Ranma Saotome, my fiancée-."

Shampoo immediately said, "Ranma not Spatula girl's fiancée! Ranma is husband of Shampoo!"

Wufei's facial features did not change, but he was shocked at what the Amazon said. <So, the Amazons near Jusenkyo DO exist still! And Saotome was unfortunate to defeat one of them. I share his pain, for who would want to live in a female-dominant society where men have little rights?>

Kodachi then said, "Neither of you charlatans are worthy of MY darling Ranma! Only I, Kodachi Kuno, have that right!" The three of them then started arguing with each other.

Akane saw the opportunity and said, "Anyway, did a Ranma Saotome move in with you, sir?"

Quatre started to sweat, but from the way that the other girls were arguing. "He did drop by, but he also changed his mind."

Akane shook her head. "You're a nice guy, but I don't appreciate being lied to. I was informed from a reliable source that he was seen entering this building yesterday but never left, and you did place an add for three roommates. If you don't mind, I'd like to search for myself."

Davis quickly said, "Well, my girl and I are done here, so-."

Then Kari said, "I'd like to see for myself, as well."

Davis fumed. <Damn it, Kari! You're MY girl, not BJ'S!>

The others agreed to this and barged into the apartment. Wufei said to them "Very well, but after that, we insist that you leave here or else we shall have to call the police!"

Unbeknownst to any of them, Piccolo and his students were moving so fast that no one saw them but only felt a draft. "Would any of you care for a drink?" Quatre asked. Davis, who was looking around as little as possible, said, "Sure, I'll have one."

Ukyo opened the door to Quatre's room and called out, "Whose room is this?" Quatre came up to her after giving Davis a can of ginger ale. "That's my room."

Akane asked the same question about Ranma and TK's room, but Wufei said it was his. Both girls asked, "Why do you have two beds in there?"

"Uh, those are for incase we has guests," Wufei lied. "You never know when people will drop in unannounced, especially family members."

Shampoo then found a clean shirt on an ironing board. It was a white Chinese vest, like the one Ranma owned she once saw him in. 'What this?" she demanded. The others, except Kari and Davis, recognized it as well.

Wufei grabbed it and said, "This? It's a shirt... and that's the ironing board, and that's a chair, and there's the door leading out. (And I wish you'd all use it!)"

"That looks like Ranchan's favorite shirt!" Ukyo exclaimed. "He has a collection from his stay in China."

Quatre quickly said, "No, I'm afraid not. That's Wufei's shirt. Isn't it?" He said that last sentence to his friend as a hint.

Wufei caught the hint. "Why, yes it is! I forgot was ironing it last night. You all like it?"

Davis then replied, "Well, since he's from China, obviously, that's a good point."

Kari then looked in Quatre's room just as Piccolo moved his bed out. <Drafty in here,> she thought. "Hey, Miss Kuonji! I thought you said there were two beds in here."

Everyone else came over and saw that there was only one bed. Ukyo faced Quatre, who said, "What's the matter?"

"The last time I was in here, there were two beds. Now there's only one."

Quatre gasped and said, "Please, madam! I have no interests in your personal life!"

Ukyo glared at him as Kodachi then looked in the living room to se the missing bed. "What is that doing there?" she asked.

Wufei looked at the bed. "I don't see it doing anything."

Akane had a hunch and looked again in the other bedroom. "Hey, you! Wufei!" As he came over to her, she said, "Am I crazy, or is there only one bed in here?"

Wufei crossed his arms at her and said, "Now which question do you want me to answer first?"


***************************************************** ***************************


Cologne hobbled into the kitchen of the Nekohanten, where her new dishwasher was about finished with his duty. <My he works fast,> she thought. <Especially for one who has one robotic arm.> "Vash!"

Vash looked up while drying the last plate. "Yes, Lady Colonge?"

"Shampoo has not returned from her delivery, and the customer says that the order was received."

Vash put the plate away with the others. "You assume she went looking for this Ranma again."

"There could be no other explanation. Business has died down for the afternoon, and I see you are done with most of the dishes save for those being used now. I want you to go look for and fetch her before the dinner rush starts. Mousse will fill in for you."

Vash nodded as he removed his apron. He knew that Mousse wouldn't be a good choice to send after the girl since he was mostly blind without is glasses, which were usually off his eyes, and because Shampoo would've pounded him for trying to romance her if he did find her. "On my way, boss!"

Cologne then gave him a small bowl of ramen and chopsticks. "Consider this your break meal," she said. "But come back fifteen minutes fater you've finished eating, just in case."

Vash nodded and left, eating as he walked.


***************************************************** ***************************


"That's enough!" Quatre exclaimed. "You have all been searching the apartment over five times, and you found nothing." He opened the door to the hall. "I'm sorry, but now I must insist that you all leave!"

Shampoo grabbed the teen by the shirt and said, "Shampoo smell rat! I no leave without Airen!"

Wufei then said, "If you don not vacate the premises right now, we'll have you arrested for breaking and entering! Remember, we did not give any of you permission to enter our place."

Davis grabbed Kari by the arm. "Exactly why Kari and I are leaving right now! And for the record, I was against this whole thing from the start. Let's go, Kari!" He tried to pull her out the door, but she freed herself from his grip and pulled out a piece of paper.

"If you do see TK," Kari said to Wufei. "Could you please give him this, and tell him that I'd like to see him sometime soon?"

Wufei looked at the paper, which had a number and an e-mail address. He nodded. "I will see to it should I see him, but I make no guarantees."

"Thank you. I'm sorry for bothering you." With that, Kari and Davis finally left.

The others, however, were still determined. Akane looked at Ukyo and Shampoo. "Don't you both have restaurants to attend to?" she said with ice in her tone.

Ukyo glared at her. "As the sole owner of 'Ucchan's,' I can close and open my restaurant any time I choose to! I'll wait here as long as it takes."

Shampoo was also glaring at Akane. "Shampoo no leave without Airen."

"He's NOT you husband, you hussy!"

Kodachi was about to speak her mind, but she suddenly was rushed out the door and down the hall, screaming violently. The same thing happened to Ukyo and Shampoo. Akane, Wufei, and Quatre blinked at what happened, unsure what had just occurred. Akane, thinking the girls figured out where Ranma might be, rushed after them, but not before saying, "I'll be back to try again!"

After she had gone, Ranma, TK, and Piccolo rushed back in and locked the door. They were panting as TK said, "Wow! I never ran so fast and so much in my life."

Ranma placed a hand on TK's shoulder. "At least we gave them the slip."

There came another knock on the door. Quatre looked through the peephole and said, "It's okay. It's only Heero and Miss Relena." He opened it and let in Relena and Heero.

Relena blinked when she saw Ranma and said, "Cousin Ranma?!" She hugged him. "It's been too long! My, you've grown some."

Ranma blinked, hoping that the last time he saw his cousin was not when he was on his trip with his father.

Heero was silent, but looked about the room. As soon as he spotted Piccolo, however, he quickly pulled out a gun and fired a shot.

Piccolo quickly caught the bullet with two fingers and calmly shook it at Heero. "Now, was that really necessary?"

Heero put back his gun. "Force of habit. I was trained to shoot first if I was to ever run into you Z Warriors."

Relena glared at him. "Heero, that's no way to treat Quatre's roommates! Oh, hello Wufei. What brings you here?"

"Honor," Wufei said simply. "I will see you again at the tournament, Ranma Saotome. Be there!" With that, he gave TK the paper that Kari gave him earlier and then left.


******************************************************* *************************


Matt and Kristen sat in his apartment, watching another live interview with Mr. Satan about the upcoming tournament. Kristen frowned. "I hate that guy! You know, I heard from a reliable source that he just sat back while those other fighters did all the work and then he took all the credit."

Matt nodded. "Same here. That reminds me, remember I told you where my brother was really hiding out? Well, one of his roommates is one of those fighters. The big green one, I think."

"Really?! Man, you're brother is so lucky! Maybe when you visit him next time, I could come along."

Just then, the TV showed Mr. Satan speaking to the press. "There have been rude comments on how little I'm offering for the tournament to earn the privilege to fight me. They say that 1,000,000 yen isn't enough. Then I gladly raise the stakes a little... 1,000,000,000,000,000 yen and a free trip around the world to the winner of the tournament, regardless if he defeats me or not!"

The crowd cheered at this. Kristen fumed. "He's just bribing the winner publicly, so he can come up with a sudden illness at the last moment and call off his fight! That bastard!"

Matt put his arm around her. "Now, now! Don't use that kind of talk. You're just wasting your breath over that loser, as we both do over Jun sometimes." He then picked up the phone and dialed a number. "Hello, could I speak with TK please? It's his brother, Matt. ...Hiya, squirt! I'm just hanging at home with Kristen. You saw the latest update on the tournament? Me, too. Say, Kristen asks about you, so I thought maybe she and I could drop by later in the week and see how you're doing? ...Okay, Friday afternoon, it is!"

The doorbell rang just as matt hung up. He opened the door and saw Davis standing there. "And what do you want?"

Davis shoved a paper into Matt's hand. "That's for your brother, should you next see him." Not saying anything else, he left.

Matt closed the door and began to read the paper. "Don't you know better than to read other people's mail?" Kristen said. Matt looked at her. "Since it's Davis, that rule is null and void." He looked back to the note, and frowned at what he read:

"TI,

"Let's set the record straight: Kari is MY girl, not yours! I don't know what you're up to making her look for you, but stop it because she'll never be yours! If you don't get off my case about this, I'll be forced to pound you, and don't think I'll go easy on you since we're both Digi-Destined, because I won't. And big brother can't help or else I'll sick my sister on him. Get it? Kari and I are meant to be together, so BUTT OUT!

"Davis."

Matt calmly folded the paper up and pocketed it. "So, Kari is having second thoughts about her current relationship with Davis. Well, I didn't tell Davis that I'd deliver his note, so it's his tough luck."

Kristen asked, "So, what will you do since he's threatening TK?"

A wicked smile crossed Matt's lips. "I think Tai and Kari will be very interested in seeing this note. Davis didn't say I couldn't show them it, either."


**************************************************** ****************************


Tai came home to see Kari sitting on the sofa, staring at the blank TV screen. He sat down beside her. "What's wrong?"

Kari didn't look at him, but replied, "TK's missing. He moved out of his parents' apartment and no one will tell me where he is."

Tai sighed heavily. "It was because you were dating Davis, right? That would be my fault, since I hooked you two up without knowing how TK felt about you." Kari looked at him as he continued.

"Sora and I were on a date one time and we saw you two kissing. I was smiling, but then Sora made me look down further and I saw TK watching you. He stared at the two of you, then quietly turned and ran off. I told Matt what I had done, and he gave me that black eye mom asked where I got. Of course, I had to convince him to do it. I tried to apologize to TK and offered to fix things, but he refused politely. He also asked me not to say anything to you. Like me, he just wanted you to be happy."

"Even at the cost of his own," Kari said, returning her gaze to the TV. "That's why he won't see me, just when I realize..." her eyes began to fill with tears. "When I realize how much he really means to me. Two years ago he said he cared for me, back when I was having nightmares of Dracomon... and I told him after he rescued me... that I cared for him, too."

Tai pulled out a travel pack of tissues and gave one to Kari to dry her eyes. "Why don't you try e-mailing him? Don't you have his new address?"

"No..."

Tai pulled out a small black book and said, "Well, it's a good thing I do." After flipping through several pages, he showed Kari a page for TK's address, phone, e-mail, and Instant Messenger name. "Now get going and reach him!"


To be continued...

Next (Ranma): The tournament's three days away, and TK and I are training hard. Then, Matt and Kristen show up for a visit, but with Vegeta, Jun, and Davis right behind them. Plus Quatre comes face-to-face with Vash... Oh, and TK and I get new clothes for the tournament.

THE BOYZ, part 5: The Storm is Coming