Digimon Fan Fiction / Fatal Fury Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ THE BOYZ ❯ The Storm Is Coming ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Robster80 presents...

THE BOYZ:
Part 5 - The Storm is Coming

Dedicated to Fanboyimus Prime

Previously (Ranma): Piccolo, TK, and I came back to the apartment to find Chang Wufei, a Gundam pilot who wanted to fight me in an honor duel (Not another one!). TK suggested we fight in the upcoming tournament, which we agreed. Just then, my fiancées and Kari showed up at our door, and TK and I had to hide with help from Piccolo. We gave them the slip, but then my cousin Relena arrived with her bodyguard/boyfriend Heero Yuy, another Gundam pilot. Meanwhile, Davis left a threatening note for TK with Matt, who decided to give it to Kari after reading it himself. Also, Tai convinced Kari to continue her search for TK...



"BURN KNUCKLE TENSHIN AMAGURIKEN!"

Ranma was caught off guard as TK launched a combination of his technique and the Burn Knuckle. About 547 blue fists hit him as the two sparred at Kami's lookout with Piccolo and Gohan watching them from aside. Fortunately, his training under their Namekean roommate had made him just as tough, if not tougher, than Ryoga.

"HIRYU-SHOTEN-HA!"

TK smiled as Ranma released the cyclone created from their hot and cold kis. <He took the bait!> he thought as he was spun into the air. He quickly threw his arms out and his wrists together, aiming his open palms at Ranma. "KAMEHAMEHA!"

The beam fired from TK's hands, but the force to the cyclone threw it back at him, hitting himself in the chest. He flew out of the cyclone and over the edge of the large platform.

Ranma gasped, and quickly flew after his friend, catching him but the leg only several feet down from the Lookout. "You okay?"

TK smiled sheepishly. His shirt was torn and his chest red from the blast. "Yeah. Pretty stupid of me, huh?"

"I've seen worse." Ranma pulled himself and TK back onto the platform. At least you didn't hurt yourself too badly."

Piccolo called to them. "That's enough! You two did excellent for today. It was a good plan, TK, but you needed to take consideration that you're not close enough to Ranma's level. Still, you should do fine against someone of Terry Bogard's skill."

TK frowned, but Ranma patted him on the back. "Don't worry about catching up to me, kid. You've gotten farther than any of us expected during the training. And that combo you pulled on me was amazing!"

This made TK smile. "I also have one more trick. Watch this!" He flew up into the air a bit. "Hey, Gohan! I need a target."

The boy nodded and flew up the same distance as TK had, then flew back a bit. TK grinned, then concentrated. "KAMEHA TENSHIN AMAGURIKEN!"

Gohan's eyes when wide as he saw hundreds of small Kamehamehas fly at him. He was so surprised by this he barely had time to power up for evading them all. Franticly, he dodged most of them, with a few bolts singeing his gi and hair. Once TK had stopped, Gohan looked at him in shock. "When the hell did you come up with that?!"

"I trained while you were asleep during our times in the Room of Spirit and Time."

Piccolo grinned a little. "You've gotten a bit sloppy, Gohan. Is your mother still cramming you to be a scholar 24 hours a day?"

Gohan and TK flew back down to them. "Hey, at least she gives me a break every now and then. It's kinda hard training... now that dad's gone."

Hearing this, Piccolo regretted his words. Gohan was still adjusting to the death of his father. He walked over to the boy. "I'm sorry, Gohan. I miss your father, too, sometimes."

[Oh, get over it, you two! I'm doing just fine!]

Ranma jumped at the ghostly voice, landing in TK's arms. TK was having trouble lifting the older teen. "Putting on a little weight, aren't you?" he said.

Gohan smiled. "Dad! Is that you?"

[Who else would it be? Elvis?]

Piccolo's face was neutral. "You've been hanging around King Kai for too long, Goku. You're starting to pick up his bad jokes."

A different voice then spoke. [Hey, I resent that! It's just that the jokes I know are old ones. There's just no respect for the classics anymore!]

TK finally dropped Ranma, who landed hard on his butt. "Ow! You need to build up those arm muscles."

Goku's voice then came back. [Heh, heh! I see you two are coming along just fine under Gohan and Piccolo's training. Not bad.]

TK said, "Thanks. Uh, are you the one who defeated the Red Ribbon Army single handedly, and won the last Supreme Martial Arts Tournament a few years back?"

[Yep. Of course, I was still a kid when I fought the RR. I think about the same age as Gohan was when we fought Cell.]

Gohan spoke next. "How are you, dad? Any problems?"

[I'm fine, son. There was a little trouble in Hell concerning some of our old 'friends,' but nothing I couldn't handle. I've met a few good dead fighters from all across the universe, and even fought in a special afterlife tournament.]


************************************************ ********************************


<Ranma and Miss Relena,> Quatre thought as he walked downtown. <They're distant cousins! Who would have guessed that?> Suddenly, his stomach began to roar. Looking around, he saw a Chinese restaurant that was two buildings down. He read the sign carefully.

<Uh-oh! That's where that one girl Shampoo lives and works. I shouldn't stop there to eat.> His stomach roared louder than ever before he could start walking again. <Looks like I don't have much of a choice. I'll have to keep my guard up.> Quickly he walked over and entered the Nekohanten.

Quatre looked around and was thankful that Shampoo wasn't in. Instead, a tall man with a familiar red coat and white apron was cleaning a table. The man looked up and smiled.

"Welcome to the Nekohanten, sir," the man said as he took out a pad, pencil and menu. "Table for one?" He led Quatre to a clean table and sat him down before giving him the menu to look at.

"Our special today is duck ramen." Suddenly, a loud and violent quacking came from the kitchen. <Man! Shampoo and Cologne sure torture poor Mousse badly with these kinds of jokes.>

Quatre glanced at the menu, then at the waiter. <Here goes.> "I'll have the super deluxe ramen, please, Vash."

The man jotted the order and was about to go to the kitchen when he did a double take. "What the-?! How do you know my name?" He looked at the teen carefully, and then gasped. "QUATRE?!"

"Hello, Vash. It's been a while."

Both Vash and Quatre recalled their first meeting on Quatre's home colony, when Vash was hiding out as one of the Maganac Corps. They had become good friends even though Vash had to return to his home and Quatre began his training to pilot the Gundam Sandrock.

"Vash!"

Both men looked to see Cologne standing in the doorway to the kitchen. Vash gulped. "Forgive me, boss! I-."

Cologne's calm voice cut him off. "Vash, why don't you take your break now and talk with your young friend there? I'll get you both some SD ramen." With that, she returned to the kitchen.

Vash nodded and sat down across from Quatre. "So, how are you, kid?"

"Fine. I'm sharing an apartment with three other friends for over a week while taking a well-deserved rest."

"Yeah. I heard about the battle between OZ, White Fang, and the Gundams. Is it true you were one of the G-pilots?"

"Yes. I got the one called Sandrock. Too bad you didn't show up sooner. I would have liked to have shown it to you before I had it and the other Gundams destroyed."

Vash frowned. "Well, sad to say, I still have a price on my head back home. Still the same number for the same crime. An insurance company even sent two women to follow me to make sure I didn't cause any more damages. Of course, with the wild rumors about 'Vash the Stampede,' and my acting stupid, they never suspected the truth at first glance. I also have several bounty hunters trying to collect on me."

"You should meet my one roommate. He has similar problems, but not as severe." <Careful, Quatre! You almost blew it for Ranma!> "So, you came here for a while?"

Vash smiled. "Yep. No one on this planet knows of me or of my reputation, and it's very quiet. The owners of this business were very kind to take me in as a dishwasher, and right now I'm filling in for Madame Cologne's great-granddaughter. It seems she's married to this one guy because he beat her in a fight, and now by her Amazon law, he's her husband."

Quatre started to sweat a little, but remained calm. "Really? Lucky guy."

"I dunno. From what I hear, he's very reluctant to go through with it. But, the girl loves him and won't give up. He disappeared a few days ago and now the girl's gone looking for him after the lunch rush dies down."

A bicycle bell rang from outside. Vash looked towards the main door. "That's her now."

Quatre turned to see Shampoo walk in and meet his eyes. <Oh shit!>

The purple-haired Amazon narrowed her eyes as she walked over to the table and the two men. "What pretty boy doing here? Come to tell Shampoo where husband is, yes? And you, Vash. You belong in kitchen washing dishes, not in dining area chatting with customers."

Vash calmly looked at her. "Mousse had an accident, so your great-grandmother asked me to help her wait on the remaining customers. I'm on break now, and this young gentleman happens to be a old friend of mine."

"Shampoo no care, Vash! You go back to washing!"

Cologne hobbled out on her cane. "Shampoo, leave Vash alone! He is on break, as he said. Come help me, now, please?"

Shampoo looked at the Amazon matriarch. "Great-Grandmother, this is boy who is hiding Ranma in apartment and no let Shampoo see him!"

Quatre quickly got up and pulled out some money before slamming it onto the table. "Keep the change! I'll see you later, Vash!" He made ready to run out, but Shampoo grabbed his arm as Cologne hopped up to him.

"My Shampoo never lies to me, and I can see you're nervous about what she and Vash have been saying. Now, tell us where Ranma is. And do not lie, because shampoo is the strongest fighter of our tribe."

Quatre began sweating bullets. <This is a fine mess! What'll I do?!>

Vash stood up angrily. "Both of you," he said with a strong, stern voice. "Let him go!"

Shampoo snorted. "Keep nose out of Amazon business, Vash, or else lose nose!"

With lighting speed, Vash drew a silver gun and pointed it at the young girl, taking the safety off. "And you'll lose more than your nose if you don't let my friend go right now!"

He then quickly shot his left arm at Cologne and, to everyone's surprise, the hand split open for a spilt second or two for a small, automatic gun to come out from his robotic limb, aiming at her. Both Amazons looked at him in horror.

"You've been nothing but kind to me during my stay here. I've never killed anyone, so please don't make myself kill you. I know you're both fast, but not fast enough for a gunman of my skill. I'm telling you for the last time: Let. Him. Go. Now!"

Shampoo slowly relaxed her grip on Quatre, who broke free of the hold. Vash motioned towards the stairs. "My things are up in the first room on the left. Grab them for me and we'll leave."

Quatre did so in a hurry. Vash met him at the front door, still aiming his guns at Cologne and Shampoo.

"I'm truly sorry about this, ladies. Consider this my resignation as dishwasher and waiter." With that, he and Quatre exited quickly.


**************************************************** ****************************


Ranma and the others returned to see Vash, Quatre, Matt, and Kristen waiting for them. They were sipping tea at the table.

Matt and Kristen hung their mouths open when they saw TK wearing the same gi, cape, and turban as Piccolo. Not only that, but he appeared to be older by a year.

TK looked at them and said, "Oh, so you like it? Piccolo gave it to me, made to order. The turban sure beats my old white cap."

Kristen recovered form the shock and walked up to him. "TK, you look great! All you need is a splash of green on your skin and you're a perfect impersonator." She then looked to see Piccolo. "Hi, my name's Kristen, and I'm a huge fan of yours and the others from the Supreme Tournaments and the Cell Games."

Piccolo just looked at her. "A fan. How... nice."

Ranma came up to her, wearing an orange and indigo gi similar to Gohan's. "You'll have to excuse him. He doesn't let fame go to his head like some other fighters. Quatre, who is your friend?"

Vahs spoke up for Quatre. "I'm Vash, and I used to work at the Nekohanten until a few minutes ago. Cologne and Shampoo tried to force Quatre into telling them where you were, so I had to step in." He pulled out his gun to show everyone. "I doubt they'll be happy to see me for a while."

Suddenly, a man with black hair that stood straight up and wore a blue gi entered through the window. He glared at Piccolo.

"I thought the one power level was familiar," he sneered. "What are you doing here, Namek?"

Vash quickly too aim and fired at the man's arm, but the bullet was easily and quickly caught in the man's hand. <Holy shit, he's fast!>

Piccolo fumed. "Why are you here, Vegeta?"

Vegeta examined the bullet before he looked at Vash. "You're pretty quick with a gun, pal. But I'm much faster with my fingers." He then looked at Ranma and TK. "So, you two have been training with the Namek. What for? He's weak compared to me. In fact, so are you."

TK looked at Vegeta funny, as if he saw him somewhere before. <I know he was at the Cell Games, but I think I know him from somewhere else...>

Vegeta stalked over to TK. "What are YOU looking at, kid?"

TK then made the connection. "I know you! You're married to my aunt, Bulma Briefs."

This made Matt's eyes widened. "My god, TK's right! She showed us a photo of you in her last letter."

Vegeta raised an eyebrow. "That woman is your aunt?"

Piccolo couldn't believe it himself. <TK's related to that bitch?>

Quatre was the same, though he remained calm. "No kidding, TK?" <First Ranma is Miss Relena's cousin, and now this!>

TK nodded. "She's my mom's sister, though my mom took my grandmother's maiden name."

Vash said, "Uh, who's Bulma Briefs?"

Vegeta was silent for a moment before he placed a hand on TK's shoulder. "Then, there's only one thing for me to say."

Piccolo stood ready in case Vegeta would try to fight TK. Ranma joined him.

"You have my pity, boy, for being of the same blood as that woman."

Everyone but Vegeta and Vash sweatdropped. "Huh?"


End part 5


Next: (Vash) The day of the Tournament arrives, and Ranma and TK are primed for battle. Wufei and Ryoga show up, as well as Terry Bogard, Joe Higashi, and Wufei's surprise sensei. And while Akane, Kari, and the others watch via television, a mysterious villain watches from the shadows. Who is this shady character, and how will Mr. Satan try to worm his way outta fighting the winner?

Next episode of THE BOYZ: "Let The Games Begin!"