Digimon Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Second Annual Mediaminer.org Big Fanfiction Contest/Award Ceremony/Oscars/Emmies/Golden Globes Thingie! ❯ Drama ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Special thanks to all participants

Special thanks to all judges

Special thanks to Microsoft for sponsoring this event

Special thanks to NBC for letting us have their auditorium

Special thanks to all the fans of Doctor Who

Special thanks to Joel Hodgson for creating Mystery Science Theater 3000

No thanks to Orson Scott Card for insulting Star Trek in his book `How to Write Science Fiction and Fantasy.' Cheap bastard...

**

The podium lights go up, and the person who is now stacking books on the floor to get up onto the podium is a little flash animation character, who is wearing no shirt, boxing gloves, and a luchadore's mask. He stands up on the books and talks into the podium.

"Okay, folks, da name is Strongbad. I'm from dis little place called Homestarrunner.com. PsyWeedle gave me a huge freakin' check to come here and speak, so, um... Welcome one and all to dis place that I don't know what's going on. Um... Yeah… Wait, something's coming in on my microphone!"

Strongbad waits for a moment as things are explained to him. "Fanfiction?! Ugh... All those people with bad freakin' spelling... It's called spell checks, you idiots! Holy crap... Erm, anyway, here to announce da winner of da Drama section, here is da hot babe Lady Sephiroth!"

Strongbad walks offstage shaking his head in frustration as Lady Sephiroth takes the podium. She kicks away all the books that Strongbad was using and smiles happily.

"This year's Drama category was the biggest ever, with over 100 entries being submitted for it! As such, all the nominees will not be named. Also, some of the excerpts for the winners were a wee bit long, so they'll be trimmed down for space here to cut costs. The first is for the Soap Opera Award, or best Drama. The winner is..."

She opened the envelope and looked at the name written. "`The Flame,' by Lady Pesh!"

Lady Pesh, one of the judges herself, screamed happily and ran onto the stage to get her award. She waited for a moment as the screen finally came down, Psy in the backstage holding a screen-control remote that has been duct-taped back together.

EXCERPT:

Kira's lips were blue and her body was shaking as she tried to use her ki to warm the surrounding water. She finally got the liquid to a tolerable level and relaxed a little, "What kind of Heaven forsaken place is this?"
"Not all of their springs are cold. But most of the hot ones are tourist spots." Vegeta sat down next to the water's edge.
"Aren't you coming in?"
"Not with you like that."
"Why not? It isn't like we haven't seen each other naked before."
"True, but remember what happened the last time we were naked together?"
"It was our wedding night! We were supposed to have sex! Now get in here, or I'm coming out."
"That's fine. I didn't say you had to swim."
"If I come out, I'm not getting dressed until we leave," Kira threatened.
"Fine, I'll get in. But keep your hands off."
"How about the rest of me?"
"Kira," Vegeta warned as he pulled his shirt over his head.
"I know, I know. Just get in here and help me keep this water warm."
Vegeta unbuckled his belt and found a sudden usefulness for underwear, shame he wasn't wearing any. The instant his pants left his ankles, he dove into the chilly water.
He surfaced quickly and shook some of the excess liquid from his black mane, "Just keep your distance, Kira."
She nodded obediently as she treaded the water. Vegeta glowed for a few seconds as he warmed the water to a pleasant temperature. "This is really beautiful here," Kira commented.
"I come here to relax when things get stressful."
"Does anyone else know about it?"
"Just you and me."
Kira smiled, "Thank you. It feels good to know that you still trust me."
"Kira, there is nothing I can hide from you. I'm not even going to try."
"Ah!" Kira yelped and splashed her way to the other side of the pool when a huge fish brushed against her feet. She halted her retreat when she found a solid mass blocking her path.
"Relax, it's just a fish," he chuckled and nuzzled the back of her ear.
"I knew that, but how else was I going to get over here without you running away?" she giggled deviously.
"Do I look like I'm running away?" he purred as his hands glided over her stomach and secured her against his. His breathing came in jagged shudders as his hardened flesh was pressed between them.
"Why the sudden change of heart?" Kira gasped when she felt his arousal pressed firmly against the small of her back.
"You're still my wife, aren't you?" She snaked her fingers through his hair as he whispered to her in a throaty tone.
"What about-" Kira's thought disappeared when Vegeta turned her chin toward him and his lips pressed to hers with a crushing pressure. Their tongues danced erotically as his hands roamed her vessel. His fingertips lightly traced the curves under her breasts while his thumbs teased their rose peaks, earning a subtle moan from her throat. His hands eventually abandoned her bosom and traced her figure to the swell of her hips. Without breaking their breathless kiss, he tipped her hips forward slightly and aligned with her eager slit. He thrust forward impatiently and met with utter disappointment when her opening evaded him. "Wait."
"What's wrong?" he asked in pure bewilderment.
"I can't do this."
"But, Kira, we belong to-"
"Yes, I know. We belong together, but what happens when we finish here?" She turned to gaze into his onyx orbs. "It's over. We go back to Capsule Corp., and I'm just the ex-girlfriend again. I can't live like that. I'm yours, Vegeta. I'm yours forever, but you will never be mine as long as Bulma lives."
"Kira," he pressed his palm to her cheek and brushed away a fugitive tear. She held his hand in place with her own, and tried to hold her voice steady as she continued.
"You should be with her now. Your duty as her husband demands it."
"But, I'm your husband, too." Vegeta had unintentionally twisted the knife in Kira's back, but he realized it too late when stars began bursting in front of his eyes and a handprint reddened his face. When his vision cleared, the Saiyan found Kira already in her shorts and searching for her bra. "Where are you going?"
"Away." She fastened the hooks of her bra while Vegeta emerged from the pool to fight a nearly losing battle between his wet body and leather pants.
"What about us?"
"Why should I stay here and torture myself for something that will only be denied to me?" She zipped her boots, settled her hat, and raised her ki to blast off. The second his fly was securely zipped shut, Vegeta tackled Kira to the ground.
"Because you belong with me!" he shouted as he held her wrists to the mossy surface.
"Vegeta, if there is one thing I've learned during my time here, it's how to put my own needs before anyone else's."
"You're not going anywhere."
"You can't stop me!"
"As your mate and your prince, I ORDER you to stay!"
"Do NOT provoke my wrath, monkey!" Kira sat up despite Vegeta's weight and pushed him harshly away onto his haunches.
"Kira," Vegeta's voice was barely a whisper. She had struck him deeply with the demeaning word. She had always shown him so much respect as a member of his race and a cousin of her own, but now, it felt as if she truly loathed the man he had become. The rims of his eyes sparkled as he held back heartbroken tears.
Kira closed her eyes as she stood above him and mumbled, "Kaioshin, I want to come home now." Her eyes sprang open suddenly with what appeared to be shock for a moment before she clenched her teeth and a flood of tears dripped through her lashes. "No, not yet," she whispered gently.
Vegeta watched her for a moment before pulling himself to his feet. "What do you want, Kira?"
Her chest shuddered heavily and a labored sob stuttered from her throat, "You." With that single syllable, her knees gave way for the rest of her body to collapse. Vegeta managed to catch her in time to guide her safely to the forest floor where she curled herself over her knees. He gently pulled her into his lap and tossed her hat aside. He kissed her forehead and rocked her gently as torrents of doleful wails echoed through the trees.
The pair sat there for what seemed like an eternity while Kira cried out more than three decades of desolation. The forest was in a hush as Vegeta tried to comfort his love. Even the waterfall behind them seemed to quiet itself in observance of the mourning of her heart.
When the howls of Kira's tortured spirit finally started to wane, Vegeta ventured to lay back on the ground with her. He rubbed her back soothingly as her breathing was repeatedly interrupted with the last hiccups of her crying. "It isn't fair," she mumbled.
"I know," he replied between the lingering kisses he was covering her forehead with.
"I need you," she whimpered and snuggled closer to his muscled form.
"Kira." He brushed his fingers through her damp hair at a loss for words. He quit worrying about what to say to her rather quickly when he found his lips embraced by hers. Their tongues greeted each other again as their impassioned needs brought them crashing together once more.

END EXCERPT

There was a huge standing ovation, with clapping continued for several minutes before Pesh finally managed to get them settled down to say her brief acceptance speech:

"My first thanks go to PsyWeedle for hosting this contest again and to Lady Sephiroth for reading through my excerpts. Finally, I must thank my husband for his never-ending support and inspiration."

She bounced off stage with glee in her eyes as Sephiroth retook the podium. "The next award is the Sob Story Award, or most dramatic/tragic tale. The winner is... `From a Broken Hikari,' by Yami's Girlfriend!"

At the Yu-Gi-Oh table, both little Yugi and Yami quickly hid under the table to avoid any raging fangirls as Yami's Girlfriend (the author) quickly got onto the stage and took the award. The excerpt screen followed...

EXCERPT:

I loved you.

I thought you loved me too.

I thought you cared.

I believed you when you told me I would never be alone again.

I believed you.

But where am I now?

Alone.

Its what I was and what I will always be.
Where I am and where I will always be.

You know if I had never gotten the puzzle than I would have never gotten friends. What happened to those friends?
They just left. No longer caring about me, but you now that you have your own body. You knows what it feels like to be left alone like this.
So why would you put me through it? Again.

Why don't you care anymore

When I know that you still do?

Why do you pretend you hate me? Or do you really hate me and Im just to naïve to see it?

Why do you do to all the things that bitch tells you to,
When I know that you don't want to?
Are you that desperate for a good fuck?
She doesn't love you .
She never has and never will.

But I can. And I do. And I always will.

I love you Yami.
I even told you and you just shook your head and walked away saying you had Anzu.
That rebroke my already broken heart.

I tried to talk to you one day after school, but you ignored me.
You smashed the glued fragments into smaller pieces.

I smiled and waved to you and you came over to me and told me never to talk to you again. And that you hated everything about me.
You crushed my heart to the point where it cant be fixed.

But I still love you.

I have forever loved you.

And

I will forever love you. For who you are.
Not your body, like Anzu does.

I cant live with a heart that's nothing but crumbs. So this is my good bye.
May you have a happy life with Anzu.

Your Hikari,
Yugi Motou

END EXCERPT

There were lots of people crying at their tables, although certain people (i.e. Spike Spiegel, Vegeta, and Heero Yuy) merely rolled their eyes from the tragic letter. Yami's girlfriend smiled and began her acceptance speech:

"Umm... well. Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! I'm not really that good of a writer so... this is a big deal for me! I'm so happy! Thank you so much and if you haven't read it, please do because I love feedback! Even bad feed back cause it helps me improve myself as a writer. Just not flames."

She left the stage and allowed Strongbad to return to the stage. Strongbad growled and quickly set up his book stack back together and stood up.

"Dat's it for Drama, folks! Next up is da Romance, which Strongbad is especially good at. What da difference between Romance and Drama is like, da greatest mystery of all, but who am I to ask? I just want to get out of here..."

CONTINUED...