Digimon Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Second Annual Mediaminer.org Big Fanfiction Contest/Award Ceremony/Oscars/Emmies/Golden Globes Thingie! ❯ General ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Special thanks to all participants

Special thanks to all judges

Special thanks to Microsoft for sponsoring this event

Special thanks to NBC for letting us have their auditorium

Special thanks to all the fans of Doctor Who

No thanks to the idiots who canceled Invader Zim

Special thanks to the writers, actors, etc. of the movie Pirates of the Caribbean

**

The lights quickly came back on, making clear the fact that power was restored. Everyone looked around, confused as to what happened, but shrugged it off, figuring that some evil mutant staplers were trying to take over the world by disrupting their contest or something. Fanilia stepped up to create order and continue the contest.

"Erm, anyway, let's give a round of applause to Youkai Princess, the judge of the General Awards!" she shouted.

Psy and Fan each gave a hug to the woman, who was wearing a blood-red dress on her as she took the podium.

"The General section is for awards based on the fanfic itself, not on any specific genre. There were three awards for this section, with nominees and winners for each. The first is that all-glorious title of `Best Fanfic,' the most acclaimed award for this section. The nominees, unfortunately, were lost due to an e-mail incident, so I apologize to those who wanted their names in."

Youkai took an envelope in her hands and opened it. "The winner for the Best Fanfic award is... `The Attractive Power,' by Julia and Tania! Let's show a clip!"

The group waited for the screen to come down and give the excerpt for the winners. From behind the stage, Psy was constantly pressing a button for the screen to come down and the projector to start, but it wasn't happening. He gave a bewildered look to Youkai, and she winced and covered up her annoyance.

"Erm, it seems the clip is not available, either, so let's just present the award!"

The two authors quickly got up and took the award from Youkai after much applause from the audience. It was Julia who did the acceptance speech:

"We're ecstatic to receive this award. Never did we think we'd ever get this one. It's just such a surprise. We're just going to cry now!! We won't though. Anyway, thank you so, so much for picking our fanfic. Thank you to the judge, Youkai Princess for taking the time to reading this fanfic, thank you to MediaMiner.org for hosting this contest."

After a brief round of applause, the two retook their seats and Youkai presented another envelope. Backstage, Psy was still `arguing' with the screen control.

"For Best Character, the winner is... Adrian, from `Adrian's Pride,' by Katrina Kadabra! It should also be noted that Katrina won a few awards last year!" Katrina and Adrian step up to the microphone. Katrina is first to speak.

"Wow, everyone, thanks so much. I have to admit, Adrian has been one of my favorite original characters to work with, because she's very unique. It's always interesting to explore what kind of effect a society can have on its members. In this case, it drives Adrian's parents to raise her as a man, thus Adrian grows up with a conflict between what she knows and what she's been taught."

"You know you're making this way over complicated?" Adrian intercedes.

Katrina sweatdrops.

"Am I?"

Adrian nods. "And another thing. Is there a special reason you keep calling me 'her'?"

Katrina sighs and takes the award, promising to explain things later.

Youkai stared, trying to determine if Adrian was a guy or a girl, but shrugged and decided to finish the last award up.

"The last is the Red Herring Award, which is for the best plot twist in a story. The winner is..."

She opened the envelope. "`Tomorrow,' by Shen Long!"

Shen Long quickly got to the podium and solemnly took the award. "Many thanks to Media Miner for running this competition and for providing a web site for authors to display their many talents. I'm humbled that my fic has been chosen to take this honor and wish to thank the judges for their time and effort in judging the many excellent fics that have been submitted. Again, thank you."

Both Youkai and Shen Long left the podium, and Fanilia retook the podium so she could speak.

"That's it for General! Next up is Drama!" she stated.

Meanwhile, backstage, Psy jumped up and down on the screen control.

Continued...