Digimon Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Second Annual Mediaminer.org Big Fanfiction Contest/Award Ceremony/Oscars/Emmies/Golden Globes Thingie! ❯ Continuation ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Special thanks to all participants

Special thanks to all judges

Special thanks to Microsoft for sponsoring this event

Special thanks to NBC for letting us have their auditorium

Special thanks to all the fans of Doctor Who

Special thanks to the guy who invented the Pet Rock. I mean, come on, it's a Pet Rock!

No thanks to Aaron Sorkin for leaving The West Wing this season

**

PsyWeedle entered the stage, his tuxedo disheveled and out of place as he waved and winked to a nearby pink-haired director that stood nearby. He cleared his throat before he began his next brief statement.

"Ever have an anime or movie that ended and you never really liked how it ended? Or something that ended that you just really wish that there could be more done with it? Well, for that, we have Continuation, where the author creates a story based on an anime on how they want to continue it. And for this award, we have Duo!

There was heavy cheering among the Fangirls.

"No, not Maxwell, the guy's name is Duo." Psy stated as Duo walked onstage.

The Fangirls let out a heavy sigh in depression. Duo rolled his eyes and took the podium.

"Unfortunately, for this award, there were no entries for the Post-Apocalyptic Award, which would be stories set in a dark future. However, we did have many entries for the Right After These Messages Award! And the winner is..."

Duo opened the envelope.

"Julia and Tania's `The Attractive Power!'" he announced.

The two authors yelled in happiness and ran up to the stage holding the award they had won earlier. The excerpt screen came down as usual...

EXCERPT:

Meanwhile, Sakura feared not much better. "Where's the aura?" she said, running-her steps showing signs of fatigue as she heavily stamped on the floors.
She had been chasing the aura in this suffocating smoke for a while now and it was causing her to lose a lot of energy. The smoke was getting worse every passing second-rather she was getting worse; and although she had only been in this environment for a few minutes, she didn't know how much longer she could stand it.
Sakura halted in her tracks, unable to pinpoint the aura's location. "I can't sense it. It's gone," exhaling heavily, coughing repetitively as she shielded her eyes from the smoke, feeling them sting. "I have to stop all of this," deciding that defeating the magic was more important.
Flaccidly throwing a Sakura card into the air, Sakura raised her transformed sealing rod before weakly commanding, "Windy!" The white spirit obeyed her mistress as its long, slender figure powered through the vicinity effortlessly.
Keeping her gaze on Windy, the spirit continued to move boldly ahead, trapping and containing the smoke within her form. Hope ran through Sakura as she witnessed a path devoid of smoke emerge. Just as it looked like it was working, Windy suddenly halted in her path, confused to why her hold had been broken. Windy spun herself around as she watched the smoke circle her figure before it settled back in the space it had occupied not too long ago.
Sakura gasped, "What? It's not working!" once again, letting out a few coughs-each consecutive cough harsher than the previous; the dark, thick smoke had surrounded her once more.
"What can I do? Why isn't Windy working on the smoke?" Sakura questioned-desperation apparent in her tone as Windy returned.
Suddenly, Sakura felt herself give way to exhaustion. "I spent too long chasing the aura…" she said to herself, realising her mistake.
Sakura collapsed to the ground. Her hands and knees hit hard against its surface as she was forced to let go of the grip she had around the sealing rod upon contact.
In and out… in and out, she told herself, concentrating on her breathing for the while-although uneven. If she were to defeat this magic, she needed to stay conscious; it was all up to her. There was no one else to do this; she was the card mistress. She had to stay awake.
Groggily, Sakura stood up, pushing herself to carry on. Every part of her body pained and ached, limbs like anchors at every movement she took. Her throat felt unbearably sore now that she swore serrated knives were slicing through the walls each time she swallowed.
Trying to stop the awful sensation, Sakura placed a hand around her throat. With her free arm, she then placed it over her nose and mouth area in an effort to protect the smoke from entering her system any further.
Unexpectedly, the aura appeared again, but it was confused with something else. She didn't know what though. "What?" Immediately, Sakura shot her head up, forgetting any discomfort she felt a moment ago.
LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT… Sakura's feet ran, but she didn't get very far as the coughs took control of her, forcing her to stop once again. "I can't stand this much longer." Her head began to sag, eyes closing to only slits, "Why… are you doing this?" voice losing strength.
Feeling breathless, she realized her first priority was not finding the aura, but saving herself and clearing the smoke: the aura had to come second.
Body slumped, Sakura stood still, trying to recover a little bit of her strength. As she thought, her coughs continued to surface. Coming up with an idea, she took off her blazer (school jacket), draping it over her left arm. "Watery," she commanded.
A spray of water lightly soaked the blazer as Watery swept past it. Content with the amount of saturation, Sakura sluggishly grabbed it to place the blazer over her mouth.
"A little bit better," she said. "Okay, what can I do to get rid of this smoke?"
"I already tried Windy, but it didn't work. Why not? What can I use to defeat the magic?"
Her eyelids blinked wearily a couple of times.
"I burnt my croquettes one time… and the kitchen filled with smoke, so I waved a cloth and the smoke cleared," she recalled. "But how come Windy didn't clear the smoke?"
As she continued to find the solution, Sakura's balance began to lose itself. She was beyond exhaustion, but held on.
"Ar…Arrow-I need to open windows… Arrow," she commanded, finally finding the answer. Arrow flew out of the card, waiting for a command from her mistress, but none came.
"I'm… tired…" Sakura barely got out, swaying further as her head lost elevation.
Not having enough magic to sustain Arrow, the blue figure dissipated away. Sakura slowly inclined off to the side as gravity pulled her closer to the hard floor below. There was nothing left in her to fight anymore.
"I couldn't do it…" she said to herself, disappointed as she closed her eyes.
Sakura continued to fall to her slumber. At any moment now she was going to crash to the floor, hitting head first. No doubt the right side of her head would throb immensely, but she didn't care; she didn't have the energy to care.
Inches above the ground as she expected to feel its hard surface beneath her, she felt firm arms wrap around her shoulders before they trembled slightly. She opened her eyes ever so slightly to see the arms of the figure. Then Sakura noticed another figure: the second figure was unconscious as its long hair hung over the first figure, tickling her face.
"W-what's… going on?"
"I-it's okay," the figure said, voice losing strength also, "I'm here to help you." Sakura nodded, laying her trust in the figure.
In her periphery as she rested, she could see a line of floating spheres of light, tracking all the way back in the path the figure had come from.
"We're all going to get out of here, Kinomoto-san," she heard him say.
"Sato-kun?"

END EXCERPT

This time, it was Tania who have the speech:

"Wow, thank you for this great award. When we first decided to enter into this contest, we had our doubts. But we're glad that in the end, we gave it a go and submitted it. Thank you so much to the judge, Duo for taking the time to reading this fanfic, and to MediaMiner.org. We're just so happy."

The two exited the stage holding their two awards. Duo left the stage and allowed Psy to take it once more.

"Only one more section left, folks! Then we can all go to a bar and get drunk!"

And there was much rejoicing.

"Hurray!"

**

In the shadowy-lighty- ah hell, I can't do this...

"Yes, our time is now at hand! Let it be done!"

Continued...