Digimon Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Second Annual Mediaminer.org Big Fanfiction Contest/Award Ceremony/Oscars/Emmies/Golden Globes Thingie! ❯ Original ( Chapter 10 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Special thanks to all participants

Special thanks to all judges

Special thanks to Microsoft for sponsoring this event

Special thanks to NBC for letting us have their auditorium

Special thanks to all the fans of Doctor Who

Special thanks to iUniverse.com for publishing my book Angel Armor: Just a Boy

No thanks to you stupid soccer moms and lowlifes who forced the administrators to create the Club Miner section of the Mediaminer forums. I mean, for God's sakes, get a fucking life and leave us alone! Let us have the one true freedom we have - to look at naughty pictures, have discussions that are of a sexual nature, and participate in roleplay stories that have an adult theme to them! If you don't want your kids doing those things, EXERCISE MORE CONTROL OVER YOUR KIDS, YOU GODDAMN- *the sixteen year old is once again dragged away kicking and screaming*

**

PsyWeedle and Fanilia walked on stage to talk about the final category and promptly took the podium. Most of the guests were becoming annoyed by the whole experience and just wanted it to end so they could get on with their lives, while quite a few were drunk off their feet and not caring anymore.

"Our final category for the evening is Originals. This category consists of stories that are wholly original, for lack of a better term, since every idea has been used and reused in the past 2000 years of human existence, so nothing is truly original." Psy said.

"Last year, this category did very well, so we were happy to do it once more! Psy here even mentioned his book that he was writing in the last one, and now it's all finished and up for sale at Amazon.com and Barnesandnoble.com!"

Fan paused when she realized what she was saying. "Hey, wait a minute, why did I just mention your book when we were doing stories that were up on Mediaminer.org?"

"Because I just happen to be the author of this fic, Fan, so I can pretty much control what you say and shamelessly promote my work in the hopes of gaining a vast fortune and the adoration of millions."

Before Fanilia could complain, Psy whisked her off backstage and allowed Nate Grey, the judge for Originals, to come on and announce the winners.

"Now, before I tell you who won, I'd just like to promote Psy's book- HEY! Let me say what I want to say!"

Oh, fine, you big baby...

"Anyway, I'd just like to say that a great number of the fics submitted to this category weren't original. Original means that you are using original characters, storylines, etc. That doesn't mean you can just shove a bunch of characters from an anime into a story and say it's original. Anywho, the winner for Most Original Story is..."

He opened the envelope. "`The Sade Ghost Story,' by Evie!"

Evie's mouth hung open in disbelief as the excerpt began playing...

EXCERPT:

She was walking down the street with a plastic bag in her right hand and a friend to her left. The friend, a shorter girl with reddish-brown hair and fingers with torn cuticles, was chattering incessantly. Most of their walk seemed to consist of the latter talking and the former nodding to affirm that she was, indeed, paying attention.

Halfway down the street they reached an apartment complex where the two girls parted. The friend continued down the street and the girl entered the building, proceeding to walk briskly up the stairs. The movement caused her hair to bounce slightly, made the bag in her hand crinkle and sway. She turned on the third floor and entered a hallway with doors identified by letters and numbers. At the second door she stopped and fished a key out of her pocket, unlocked the door, and entered the apartment. The lights were turned off inside, as if nobody was home, but noise could be heard from down the hall. Though the place was dim, he was surprised to find that it wasn't gray. In fact, as far as he could see everything in the doorway was its normal hue.

She simply sighed and walked into a room to her right. He waited a second before following her, and was puzzled to see the contents of entryway fade to black and white. It was like her presence turned things to their standard colors. Still mystified, he followed into the room she'd disappeared into - the kitchen - where she was glancing at a notepad on the counter. He read it over her shoulder: Sade, out of milk.

END OF EXCERPT

"It won?" Evie asked.

Her story, still on the screen, laughed. "Hah! I told you I didn't need to be revised again. Stupid STUPID hobbitses!"

"It won. Wow. Thank you anyone who read it. That was very nice and patient of you. LONG LIVE THE MM.org BIGASS FANFIC CONTEST!!!"

Nate tossed the award out to her before he began again:

"Next up is Most Original Character. And the winner is... Kira, from Lady Pesh's `The Flame!'"

Lady Pesh ran out from backstage after giving Psy a kiss (teehee, author powers are amazing!) and the excerpt screen began once more...

EXCERPT:

The warriors washed their hands and faces in twin sink basins in the downstairs bathroom. Vegeta scrubbed his face vigorously and paused to watch Kira doing the same in the mirror. "You're staring."

He jumped; she hadn't even looked up. His heart ached for the creature who could read him inside and out even better than he could himself. He turned and reached for a towel hanging nearby. He padded his face dry and turned back just as Kira blindly stumbled into him while searching for a towel. It was her turn to be startled when he pressed the drier side of the towel to her face. Her hands carefully clasped over his as he sopped up the moisture from her face. She grinned wistfully when her eyes emerged from the cloth and found his ebony depths.

Her grin gracefully spread into a smile. "You missed a spot." She took the towel from him and inspected the inner corner of his right eye as she meticulously removed the speck of dirt. She didn't realize how close she had leaned in to accomplish the task and felt a suddenly hot tingling sensation between her legs. "Vegeta," she faintly breathed his name over his lips. His breath shuddered as his hand accidentally grazed her hip. Her hands caressed his trembling chest as one of them slid up to tangle in his hair.

"Kira, I-I can't I-" Vegeta's unwilling protest cut off abruptly when her lips brushed a velvet sensation over his own. Her full tiers closed lightly around his and her tongue probed gently to gain full access to her prince. He closed his eyes tightly to ward off the powerful urge to oblige her as he firmly grasped her shoulders in slow preparation to push her away, but he could feel his desire for her winning as he felt his lips parting to accept her.

"Hey! Breakfast is ready!" Bulma called from the other room. Vegeta pushed his Kaern back and gasped for breath as the shock of what almost happened tore the breath from his lungs.

"Sorry," Kira apologized quietly and her ears drooped with the rejection. She turned to leave, but Vegeta caught her arm before she got anywhere. He didn't utter a word, but the glint of sorrow in his eyes spoke volumes, and Kira nodded gently, as if the jumbled slur of thoughts racing in his mind made some kind of sense to her. He fought back a tear as he realized that they hadn't been alone together enough times to establish the perfect mental link that would allow them to roam freely in each other's minds. Their emotions were quite clear to one another, but that was only from the fact that their souls were two halves of a whole.

* * *

"What's wrong?" he asked in pure bewilderment.

"I can't do this."

"But, Kira, we belong to-"

"Yes, I know. We belong together, but what happens when we finish here?" She turned to gaze into his onyx orbs. "It's over. We go back to Capsule Corp., and I'm just the ex-girlfriend again. I can't live like that. I'm yours, Vegeta. I'm yours forever, but you will never be mine as long as Bulma lives."

"Kira," he pressed his palm to her cheek and brushed away a fugitive tear. She held his hand in place with her own, and tried to hold her voice steady as she continued.

"You should be with her now. Your duty as her husband demands it."

"But, I'm your husband, too." Vegeta had unintentionally twisted the knife in Kira's back, but he realized it too late when stars began bursting in front of his eyes and a handprint reddened his face. When his vision cleared, the Saiyan found Kira already in her shorts and searching for her bra. "Where are you going?"

"Away." She fastened the hooks of her bra while Vegeta emerged from the pool to fight a nearly losing battle between his wet body and leather pants.

"What about us?"

"Why should I stay here and torture myself for something that will only be denied to me?" She zipped her boots, settled her hat, and raised her ki to blast off. The second his fly was securely zipped shut, Vegeta tackled Kira to the ground.

"Because you belong with me!" he shouted as he held her wrists to the mossy surface.

"Vegeta, if there is one thing I've learned during my time here, it's how to put my own needs before anyone else's."

"You're not going anywhere."

"You can't stop me!"

"As your mate and your prince, I ORDER you to stay!"

"Do NOT provoke my wrath, monkey!" Kira sat up despite Vegeta's weight and pushed him harshly away onto his haunches.

"Kira," Vegeta's voice was barely a whisper. She had struck him deeply with the demeaning word. She had always shown him so much respect as a member of his race and a cousin of her own, but now, it felt as if she truly loathed the man he had become. The rims of his eyes sparkled as he held back heartbroken tears.

END EXCERPT

Nate interrupted by saying, "I should note that for this award, the other characters didn't need to be original, just the one who was going to win the award."

He then quickly handed the award to Pesh. She took the stage and waved to Kira out in the audience.

"I want to give a big thank you to Psyweedle for hosting this contest again and to Nate Grey for reading through all of my excerpts. Finally, I must thank my husband for his never-ending support and inspiration."

She hugged Nate and then walked back to the backstage. Nate left, too, and Fanilia and Psy came back on.

"Well, folks, it's been a good ride, but now it's time to-"

Fanilia was interrupted by the lights suddenly flickering off and a heavy, ominous laughter filling the room.

CONTINUED...