Digimon Fan Fiction / MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ A Child's Death. A Reploid's Birth. ❯ The Arrival of the Retrievers ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The arrival of the Retrievers.



Megamastermaind: I'm here again.

Owlmon: And a new chapter is up.

Firebrand: On this chapter, the story will be kinda focused on the fact that Davis is X.

Zero: And what about the Mavericks you said they were going to appear, Mega?

Megamastermaind: They will appear on this chapter, Zero, don't worry.

Zero: Thanks for telling me, I thought we weren't going to have some action.

Owlmon: You never change, Zero. By the way, Mega doesn't own any of the characters of Digimon or Megaman X, except for Maverick Hunter Ronnie.

Megamastermaind: Thanks for the disclaimer, Owlmon. Now let's head to the story…..X and the Hunters receive a strange message that says that X must come to them, but that's not the only mystery..

-------------------------------------------------------- -------------------- ------------------



X was having real trouble avoiding the fire that was spreading all over the place.

"I must get away at all cost, I won't allow Sigma possess me'' he thought.

He climbed up some walls and kept running, but he then found a dead end.

"Damn! It's a dead end'' whined X.

Behind him Sigma appeared on his true form: A computer virus.

"Hah, Hah, Hah. Give up, X....'' hissed Sigma "I'll possess your body and rule the whole world"

But out of the blue, Dr. Doppler appeared and grabbed Sigma.

"Aaaarg...You're Doppler..." cried Sigma, and then he started to feel sharp pain.

"How did you obtain this?" he asked.

"How do you feel now, Sigma?'' hissed Doppler "Did you like my special vaccine for the Sigma Virus?"

"Doppler!" cried X.

"X, I'm sorry to have given you so much trouble'' said Doppler sadly "I know I can never really atone for what have I done...But I will try to set things right by taking Sigma with me!!!"

"My program...'' cried Sigma "...it's fading"

"X...it's...time to say...goodbye'' hissed Doppler.

Then, the whole base started to collapse. X knew he had to go now, he activated his Teleport System and got away from Doppler's lab. In a matter of minutes, all that was left from Doppler's lab was nothing but rubble.

"Sigma is gone" thought X "And this time he's gone for good. But it cost a lot, like Dr. Doppler's life. A great scientist died because of this Maverick freak. But at least mankind is finally safe"

Then X headed back to the Hunters HQ.





Some weeks later..

X was walking calmly around a hall when he heard someone calling him.

"Commander X! Commander X!"

It's was a Reploid with green armor, blond haired and blue eyes. He was shorter than X, possibly the same height X had when he was Davis.

"What's the matter, Ronnie" asked X.

"Dr. Cain is calling, he said it was important" answered Ronnie.

"Let's go, then" said X as he went with Ronnie to Dr. Cain's lab.

"So how you have been doing, Ronnie?" asked X to Ronnie. Both were real good friends, since they were in the same unit X was leading. Ronnie was a real talented Hunter and X was somewhat his mentor.

"Just fine, commander" answered Ronnie "If I go on like this, I bet I'll get a promotion"

"That's just good" said X. They kept chatting until they reached to Dr. Cain's Lab. Zero was already there.

"What's the news, Doc?" asked X.

"Awful" replied Dr. Cain "I've been informed that a school bus with children was kidnapped, and it seems that the kidnappers are nothing else but Mavericks"

"Mavericks?" asked X.

"Yes" answered Zero "A strange group of Mavericks that call themselves the Retrievers"

"The Retrievers? What a horrible name if you ask me" pointed out Ronnie.

"We are contacting them right now, but it seems.." Dr. Cain was interrupted because a message came in.

"Greetings, Maverick Hunters, we are the Retrievers" said a voice.

"Yeah, yeah! We already know that" whined Ronnie.

"We are calling to tell you that we have the hostage children at a building in the center of the city" the voice said "We will have no kind of negotiation….Well, actually, we will accept one, but it'll be under our conditions. It's not so hard"

"Well, what do you want?" muttered Zero "Why don't you confess you're subordinates of Sigma?"

"To start, we are totally independents of Sigma" replied the voice, angerly "Now, the only way to recover the children is that X come to us all by himself"

"Me? What do you want from me?" asked X.

"You'll know, X…..That's the only condition for you to have the hostages back" hissed the voice "We will be waiting for you, Megaman X…."

Then, the voice faded and the contact was lost.

"What will you do, X?" asked Zero.

"I will try to…..no…..I will go and I'll rescue the hostage children. Period" replied X

"And I'll call their parents" said Ronnie "I bet they are really worried"

"And I'll accompany you, X" said Zero "We must make sure that the Retrievers don't double-cross us"

"Thanks for the help" replied X "Now we are more prepared. Let's go"

"Good luck to you all, then" finished Dr. Cain as he saw X, Zero and Ronnie leaving….





They arrived to the building in a matter of minutes.

"So that's the building?'' asked X as he pointed to an old one.

"Yeah, that's the one" answered Zero.

"We hope so" said Ronnie from behind.

"Ronnie, what are you doing here?" asked X

"I brought most of the children's parents, so they could bring them home" replied Ronnie. There were more women than men, so it was obvious that Ronnie brought more moms than dads.

"I don't think it's a good idea" said Zero "It's risky"

"I can agree" said X.

"Please, save them, please! My son is with them" pleaded a woman.

"Be patient" replied Zero, calmly "the hostages will be fine"

"I hope so" said the woman, then she started crying "I don't wanna lose my boy….I don't wanna lose my baby"

"Geez, calm down, lady" whined Ronnie "He's already a school boy"

"Ronnie." scolded X.

"Sorry, commander" replied Ronnie, ashamed.

"Let's start" finished Zero.

"Okay, here we go" sighed X as he went to the building.

He walked slowly to the building till he reached the door.

"Okay, I'm here, let them go now!" yelled X.

"Enter the building first" replied a voice from the inside "then we will gladly release the hostage children"

"I don't trust you" spoke back X "Release them now"

"Okay, they can go, but remember, you'll have to enter the building all alone" said the voice.

"Okay." replied the voice.

Suddenly, a huge door opened and lots of children appeared.

"Okay, kids, go now" said X.

After saying that, the children rushed to their parents.

"Oh, honey" cried the woman as she was hugging her little son real tight "Oh, baby….I thought I would never see you again"

X saw the scene and smiled, and then he entered the building. The door closed behind him.

"Now what do you want?" asked X.

Some lights went on and X finally saw the Retrievers.

There was a green mantis-like Reploid with scythes on his hands, there was also a white gorilla-like Reploid with a Plasma Cannon on his left hand, a unicorn-like one with huge wings on his back, and a turtle-like one with stone spikes. Nevertheless he was seeing them for the first time, they looked very familiar to X.

"Finally, you're here, we were waiting for you" hissed the mantis-like "Allow us to introduce ourselves, we are the Retrievers, and I am Cut Mantis"

"I am Blast Gorilla" growled the gorilla.

"My name is Flight Unicorn" introduced the unicorn.

"And I'm Stone Turtle" finished the turtle.

"So you're the Retrievers" hissed X "What do you want from me?''

"We want you to come with us" answered Blast Gorilla.

"No, I'll never join you" growled X, angrily.

"We never said you were going to join us" replied Flight Unicorn.

"We only said you were coming with us" said Stone Turtle "Joining has nothing to do"

"Then where do you want to take me?" asked X "Because I'm not going"

"Oh, but you already know where do we want to take you" replied Blast Gorilla.

"No, I don't, but you won't take so easily, you will have to defeat me first" said X as he took his fighting stance.

"So you want it the hard way" sighed Cut Mantis, and then he turned to the other Retrievers "Leave us alone, I'm taking him on"

"Bring it on" said X.

Cut Mantis rushed at X really fast, X barely evaded Cut Mantis's scythes, he aimed quickly and shot some Plasma Shots, all of them hit Cut Mantis.

"Why you pest." whined Cut Mantis.

"He's mine now" growled Blast Gorilla.

"So you're next" said X "Let's see if you're tougher than Spark Mandrill"

Blast Gorilla sent a hard punch at X, who managed to dodge it, the punch hit a wall instead, taking it down to pieces.

"As I thought, you're less tough than Spark Mandrill" hissed X and charged his cannon.

"X-BUSTER!!"

The X-Buster hit Blast Gorilla and sent him to a wall.

"Whose next?" asked X

"I" replied Flight Unicorn "And I won't be so easy on you"

Flight Unicorn flew up in the air to tackle X, he jumped and climbed up a wall to avoid him, but Flight Unicorn made a quick maneuver and hit X, sending him to the ground.

"Now is my chance!" shouted Stone Turtle as he attacked X with his stones, X quickly stood up and jumped to avoid it.

Flight Unicorn tried to tackle him again, but X already saw that coming and surprised him with some Plasma Shots, then he got out of the building by making a hole with his blasts, when he got out, he started to charge his cannon and he turned around to face the Retrievers.

"X-BUSTER!!"

The Retrievers were sent out to the air and fell to the ground, they ended up real angry.

"You'll pay, X" cried Cut Mantis.

"That'll be later" hissed X as he left, but the Retrievers went for him, but Zero and Ronnie came in.

"None of you seem to learn, huh?" asked X "Zero, Ronnie, let's give them a total free lesson"

"You don't need to tell me that twice" said Zero.

"I'm with you" agreed Ronnie.

Then, X, Zero and Ronnie started to blast out the Retrievers with a burst of Plasma Shots, when they finished, the Retrievers were outdone.

"Don't think this is the end, Megaman X" shouted Blast Gorilla.

"We'll do whatever it takes to take you with us" hissed Flight Unicorn. After saying that, he and the Retrievers teleported away.

"Some dudes just don't learn, do they?" pointed out Ronnie:

"No, they don't" agreed Zero.

"I'm with you" sighed X "Let's go home now, our work is done here"

"You said it" replied Zero.

"I agree" added Ronnie, then they teleported back to the base.

Dr. Cain was glad of having everyone safe and sound.

"You made a good job" he congratulated.

"Thanks" said Ronnie. Meanwhile X went out of the lab and went to his room, full of doubts.

"I still can't understand it, why do they want me? Why do they look so familiar?"


Flashback

**************************************************************** ************

"Oh, but you already know where do we want to take you"

**************************************************************** ************

End Flashback.



"Why they claim that I know them and that they know me?" thought X, with those huge doubts on him.

But that was just the beginning.

In a place totally full of data a voice was heard.

"It took them a lot of work to get there, I only hope they manage to find him and take him home….for his own good."

----------------------------------------------------------- ----------------- -------------------



Megamastermaind: I finished Chapter 2, now what do you think?

Zero: Real good.

Phallanx: Question: Who is that mystery guy at the end of the chapter?

Owlmon: I guess that question will be answered in a couple of chapters, I guess.

Megamastermaind: That's right, Owlmon. As well as some questions related with Chapter 1.

Zero: And we'll also add a special cameo.

Firebrand: Until next chapter, and please review.

Megamastermaind: I was supposed to say that, but, oh well, see you around