Digimon Fan Fiction / MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ A Child's Death. A Reploid's Birth. ❯ Images from the past. ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3: Images from the past.



Megamastermaind: Here's Chapter 3, and this one will be quite angsty.

Firebrand: Why is that?

Owlmon: Because X will have a whole bunch of memories of his original past, specially one that broke his heart.

Zero: I don't wanna see that.

Megamastermaind: You don't have to, Zero. In this chapter, there is also a special cameo, but as usual, we will let you to find out.

Firebrand: Definetly we are lovers of the surprise factor.

Zero: And before we forget it, Mega doesn't own Digimon, and the only thing that he owns from Megaman X is Ronnie.

Megamastermaind: Now let's head to the story and into X's memories.

-------------------------------------------------------- -------------------- ----------------------------------



X was watching the sky calmly from his room's window, lost on his thoughts, he was soon interrupted by Zero.

"What was you thinking, X?" asked Zero.

"Nothing, Zero, just old memories" answered X.

"Memories, eh?" asked Zero.

"Yes, I was wondering if I managed to see Dr. Light before his death" said X "You know, I had to see him before he sealed me inside that capsule"

"That's real hard if you ask me," replied Zero "It's been 37 years since you were created and you spent 30 of them inside a capsule"

"Yes, I know" said X "but I'm still trying to make another image then the one I'm been seeing in those enhancement capsules"

"Well good luck, X" smirked Zero as he left X's room "maybe you can start having memories of yourself BEFORE you were sealed inside the capsule"

"Believe me, Zero, I am" thought X and kept thinking about his past.



"I'm not jealous of anyone…."

"Bullseye, baby…."

"I'm ready to fight, right here, right now…."

"Me and my big mouth…."

"I wanna make the best noodles in the whole wide world…."

Then, X stopped thinking of his past and went to Dr. Cain for some info of the Retrievers appearance.

"Sorry, X. There are been no other appearances from the Retrievers" said Dr. Cain

"Man! Without knowing when will these geeks appear, everyone's in trouble" sighed X.

"Yes, I can say that too" replied Dr. Cain "I suspect they're up to something, but what is it?"

"Dunno" responded X "But one thing is sure: I won't let them take me"

"I hope you're right " said Dr. Cain.

"Just keep searching, Doc. Whatever they up to, their schemes will be spoiled" smirked X.

"Don't worry" smiled Dr. Cain "I'll do my best"

"Later, Doc" said X and left Dr. Cain's lab.

X went to the park to walk a little and keep thinking about his past.

"I can't believe it's been 37 years since I left my life as Davis and started this new life as Megaman X" he thought "Some sorrows are gone, but I kinda miss other things"

He then sat under a tree's shade to keep drowning on his memories.

"Like playing soccer, I really miss that. It was that way I met Ken. Too bad he was the Digimon Emperor on those days. At least he changed after he realized Digimon are living creatures and not just a bunch of zeros and ones. But one thing is sure, I'll definitely miss soccer."

Suddenly, he felt something touching him and turned to see….it was a soccer ball.

"Or maybe not" said X.

"Hey! Can you…." a voice said. It was a group of human boys that came to X.

"….pass the ball.?" finished another boy.

"Hey! That's the famous Megaman X!" a third boy cried "The one who finished Sigma and saved the world"

"Thanks for the compliments" replied X "But I didn't do it all alone, I got help from Zero, Dr. Cain, Dr. Light.and Doppler."

"That Doc was a total crazed dude" said another boy "Why resurrect a dangerous threat in order to rule the world?"

"It wasn't him" explained X "It was the Maverick Virus. That thing is what started all. Doppler tried to redeem himself by taking Sigma with him.and to change the subject, is this ball yours?"

"Yes, it is" answered another boy "Would you give it back?"

"Sure thing" said X as he gave back the ball to the boys who were ready to play again with another group of boys who were waiting for them.

"I ain't going to sit and watch them" thought X "I'll play.just like in the old times."

"One more thing" said X.

"What is it?" asked a boy.

"Can I join in?" asked X.

The boys started to look at each other and they turned to X.

"Sure, you can join in" said the boys.

"But do you know how to play soccer?" asked another boy.

"A little." answered X.

"Then you will have to pick a team to play with, casualty, it's halftime" said another boy who seemed to be the leader.

"Who's winning?" asked X.

"My team" said the leader proudly "Twenty to nothing."

"Okay, then I pick the losing team" hissed X.

"Are you sure?" asked the leader.

"A hundred percent" answered X "I feel that it's going to be fun"

"Then let's play" finished the leader.



During all the playing time, the losing team started to make the winning one lose advantage thanks to X's help. He made some few goals, but mainly, he helped the team make their own goals, they kept like this until the "second time" ended. The score: 20-21

"Whoa.that.was.intense." said the leader while panting.

"How did you like it?" hissed X.

"You don't know a little" answered another boy "You play like a total professional"

"Yeah" agreed a third boy "I've never seen a Reploid playing soccer, an much less a Reploid that can outdo the legendary Pele" (A/N: Sorry if I offended any fans of Pele)

"It's nothing" smiled X, hand behind his head "I just like soccer.well, I gotta go, duty awaits me"

"Should we play again sometime?" asked the leader.

"Sure, anytime" answered X before teleporting away.

"That was an awesome soccer player" pointed out a boy.

"Yeah, you're right" agreed the leader "Let's go now, it's getting late"

And the soccer boys left the park to their houses, but from deep inside the park someone came out with amazement eyes after seeing the game.it was Zero.

"This is unbelievable" thought Zero "Since when X knows how to play soccer that good?"

"This is a day of mysteries" said Zero before teleporting back to the base.



The next day, X decided to go out again.

"Going out again?" asked Zero.

"Yep, I don't have much to do" answered X "There isn't a lot of Maverick activity"

"And what about the Retrievers?" asked Zero.

"They don't scare me" replied X "I'll be prepared if they appear"

"Okay, go, I won't stop you" gave up Zero with a smile.

"Later, Zero" grinned X as he went far from the city and riding a Chaver (A/N: It's the motorcycle thingamajig from Megaman X2. It's also know as Ride Chaser and/or Land Chaser) fot that purpose, he took him about half an hour to leave the city and arrive the country. He got off from the Chaver and breathed the air from the country.

"Good thing this place had survived the years" tought X "I like it"

He saw a huge tree out in the open, so he just went to it and sat down under it's shade, the smell of the grass was real fresh, even if it were the afternoon.

Then X started to think about his past again.

"I wonder what's going on with them" thought X "I bet Cody is now an expert on Kendo. As for Yolei, I wonder if she ever got the courage to tell Ken her feelings for him"

X breathed the air again and continued on his remembrances.

"But the most important thing is that I wonder what happened to Kari" said X to himself.

"She must be with TK right now, looking at each other with puppy eyes" sighed X "Heck! 37 years passed since I left. They must be already married by now, I pressume they have children and they are starting to arrange plans for they oldness"

Then his mind stopped on another memory, which put sadness on him.

"Why?" asked X "Why it had to happen….?"


Flashback

**************************************************************** *********

Davis was walking on the park with his usual smile, he was holding something that looked like a crystal sphere with a beautiful star inside.

"Wait till Kari gets load of this, this present meant so much to me since I was a kid. It's the perfect present for her" said Davis for himself, with the hope that the girl of his dreams comed over to the park, effectively there she was, sititng on a bench, he cleared his troath before getting close to her.

"Uh.Kari?" said Davis.

"Davis, good to see you" replied Kari "What are you doing here?"

"Nothing" answered Davis with a nervousism that he never felt before "Just walking walking around and since you're here, I felt like talking to you"

"That sounds good" said Kari "Anything else?"

"C'mon, you been calm even in the face of MaloMyotismon" thought Davis "Just give her the present and tell her that you love her. It's not so hard"

"Well.you see.I."

Just when he was about to give Kari his crystal sphere, something that wasn't fancy, but full of love, he heard someone calling Kari, he could't reconigze the voice since he wasn't paying a lot of attention to it.

"Would you wait a little, Davis?" pleaded Kari.

"Sure" answered Davis

"Great!" he thought "That dude blew it, whoever he was. At least I'll be able to gather more courage"

"Het sat down on the bench and waited for awhile, five minutes came along and Kari didn't came back, this started to worry Davis.

"I better check out" he said to himself as he hid among some bushes, then he saw Kari and the person she was with was no one else but TK.

"What is he doing?" whispered Davis as he continued looking, then he managed to hear what were they saying.

"Kari, I know this isn't your birthday, but I want you to have this present"

Davis saw as TK gave Kari a box which she opened quickly

"My!. A new camera" cried Kari.

"Do you like it?" asked TK.

"It's the best present I ever had" answered Kari as she hugged TK real tight. Davis eyes wide opened when he saw the scene from his hideout.

"You're welcome" hissed TK. Davis was feeling his heart cracking apart.

"You are so sweet, TK" said Kari as she gave him a gentle kiss on his cheek.

Davis couldn't take it anymore. Tears started to sprout from his eyes, then he turned aroud stared to run away as he let the crystal sphere he was willing to give to Kari fall to the ground. The crystal sphere broke into lots and lots of pieces.Just like Davis's heart as he ran to the beach.

*********************************************************** **************

End Flashback



X shook his head after having that memory, the most painful of his life.

"Why? Why did Kari had to do that?" asked X bitterly "I loved her and she dumped me like nothing"

Tears started to come out of X's eyes, he didn't care, he let them out as he hugged his knees to his chest.

"Why? After all these years….Why it still hurts?" asked X sadly as he started to cry.

"Why love is such a traitor with me?" asked X between sobs "Why is life so painful and unfair with me?"

He buried his head on his knees and kept crying.

"Is anything good will ever come to me?" asked X "Will I ever get something to ease up all this pain?"

X's blue eyes was starting to irritate because all of that crying, but he gave a crap about that as he kept crying his heart out.

"Will I ever have something to comfort me?" sobbed X and continued crying.

Suddenly, a soft whistle was heard as the wind blew gently on X's face, X didn't put a lot of attention as he kept crying, but the whistle intensified until X paid attention to the whistle song.

X stopped crying and started to listen to the whistle song, which was composed only by twelve notes.

"That whistle." whispered X as he kept on listening the whistle song "It's beautiful"

Then the whistle song adquired new notes, and X felt relaxed. The whistle song sounded somewhat sad, but comforting at the same time. (A/N: If you wanna know the whole whistle song, you'll find it at the Megaman 3 ending tune)

"It's so….comforting" whispered X as he leaned on the tree, closed his eyes and let the whistle song enter his broken heart.

X breath deeply and sighed after the song ended.

"I feel….so much better now" said X, then he saw something in the air coming to him, he got up and caught it….It was a scarf….a beautiful yellow scarf.

Then X heard the twelve first notes of the whistle song three more times, and then the whistle faded like it only came around to comfort X.

"Whoever it was….Thank you" said X as he held the scarf tight with his hand and wiped away his tears with the other one. Then he went to his Chaver and drove back to the headquarters.



------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------- ----------------------------------

Megamastermaind: There, did you like the chapter?

Owlmon: And did you like the cameo too?

Firebrand: We really hope so.

Phallanx: Now that we finally know why Davis left his world and started this new life, things are totally clear.

Megamastermaind: But in the next chapter, things won't get any good.

Owlmon: Yeah, because some things from the past shall come back to haunt our hero.

Megamastermaind: Wanna know how X will deal with his past? Find out in the next chapter. See ya around.

Firebrand: And please, don't forget to review, and try to guess the cameo too.