Digimon Fan Fiction / MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ A Child's Death. A Reploid's Birth. ❯ The Haunting Comeback ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 4: The Haunting Comeback.



Megamastermaind: Chapter 4 has begun.

Firebrand: And what will it contain?

Owlmon: Remember what we said about some haunting memories?

Arma: Yes.

Owlmon: These memories won't leave him, as well as something that used to be his.

Megamastermaind: Not only that, the true identities of the Retrievers shall be revealed.

Firebrand: Then begin the chapter now.

Megamastermaind: Okay, then let's head to the story....after his day of memories, X found something he never expected to appear, and he'll also discover a secret from the Retrievers....

--------------------------------------------------- -----------------------



"Commander X!" cried a voice.

"What is it, Ronnie?" asked X trough his radio communicator.

"Trouble. Mavericks are attacking the south of the city, we need to wipe them out" answered Ronnie.

"I'll be there, Megaman X, over and out..." said X as he turned off his communicator and went to the south.

"Finally, a little bit of action" hissed Zero who was with X on his way to the disaster zone.

"You don't seem to change, huh?" replied X. In some minutes they arrived to the affected place, when they got there they saw that a lot of renegade Reploids were making a huge uproar.

"Hey! Why don't you mess with someone of your own race!?" yelled X.

All Mavericks turned to X and Zero and glared intensely at them.

"Time for a little clean up" hissed Zero as he unsheathed his Beam Saber and started to attack the Mavericks.

Some huge Reploids rushed to X to hit him with their enormous hands, but X simply jumped out of the way.

"You aren't going to get away, Hunter!" roared a Reploid.

"Oh, yeah?" asked X and transformed his right hand into a Plasma Cannon...

"PLASMA SHOT!!"

His Plasma Shots quickly obliterated the huge Reploid to junk, after that the other Mavericks rushed to X like wild animals.

"So you guys wanna join the party..." sighed X as he charged his cannon...

"X-BUSTER!!"

With a clean hit from his X-Buster, X destroyed all of the Mavericks.

"Like in the old times...Bullseye, baby" whispered X low enough to avoid being heard.

Meanwhile, Zero was having his own fun out of some Disc Boys (A/N: These are the disc throwing enemies from Megaman X2).

"Take this" he said as he chopped all of them apart with his Beam Saber.

Now all Mavericks were reduced to a small group that was at the center of the streets.

"Let's end this" said X.

"I'm on it" agreed Zero...

"X-BUSTER!!"

"Z-BUSTER!!"

All Mavericks were hit and taken down by the attacks of X and Zero. All left of them was junk.

"That's all of them" said X.

"It a shame it ended so soon" sighed Zero as he sheathed back his Beam Saber.

"But I got a little energetic with this battle, don't you think?" asked X.

"You are always energetic, specially with that hanging" replied Zero while pointing at the yellow scarf X had around his neck.

"Hey, I like it, I feel alright with it" said X.

"It's your likes" shrugged Zero.

Then, X and Zero teleported back to the base, but they didn't notice that some shadows were watching them the whole time.

"Do you think is him?" asked a shadow.

"Yes. Something tells me that he is the one we are searching" responded another shadow.

"But how will we make sure that he is the one?" asked a third voice.

"We will give him what we think that belongs to him" answered the second shadow.

"I doubt he'll burst in joy" pointed out a fourth shadow.

"But by seeing the situation, I agree that he is the one" said the first shadow.

"Let's do it, then...I wanna see his face when he sees it..." finished the second shadow, then, all four shadows vanished...



The next day, someone appeared in the Maverick Hunters HQ with a package on his hands, it seemed that it was a mailman. He looked and looked until he found X.

"There you are, Megaman X" said the mailman.

"What do you want?" asked X.

"I'm from the post office" answered the mailman "Someone sent you a package"

"Oh, thanks" said X, then the mailman showed his a sheet and passed him a pen.

"Sign here, please" pleaded the mailman, X signed the paper and gave it to the mailman.

"Thank you. Have a nice day" said the mailman as he left.

"Thanks" replied X and he went to his room.

"Hey, X!" saluted Zero who entered X's room "What's up?"

"Someone just mailed me this package" answered X.

"A package?" asked Zero "Must be a gift"

"Yeah, I think so" replied X.

"Catch you later" said Zero as he left X's room

X smiled and he started to open the package, inside the package was a box, X thought it could be a fragile object so he didn't complain., he opened the box and inside was another box. X frowned at this and opened a box, inside it was a smaller box.

"This is weird" said X as he opened it and another box came out.

"Okay, is this some kind of joke?" whined X. Then he opened the box and found foam shreds and blank sheets.

"At least there are no more boxes" thought X and noticed that one of the sheets had something written, so he lifted it and rode the following...

TIME TO COME BACK HOME.

WE WERE SO HORRIBLY WORRIED ABOUT YOU

"This is getting too strange" whispered X and he out his hand inside the box and felt something.

"What could it be?" wondered X. Then he took it out and saw it was covered with a cloth.

"Damn! I'm already sick of mysteries!" muttered X. He removed the cloth and what he saw started to make him tremble...

"No!" yelped X "It can't be...No....No....NOOOO!"



Meanwhile, Zero was talking to Ronnie.

"Hey! Let's see what got X" said Zero.

"Sorry, Commander Zero, I can't" replied Ronnie "I will have duty in a while, you go"

"Well, then see you later, Ronnie" said Zero and he went to X's room, but he was walking a little when he saw X running.

"X, what a surprise" saluted Zero, but X passed him by.

"No! I won't do it! I'm not going back!" yelled X as he kept running like if a ghost were chasing him.

"Weird, what happened?" wondered Zero "I bet it has something to do with that package"

Zero didn't waste any more time and rushed to X's room, he looked everywhere. He saw the boxes and then, he finally found what scared X. It was in the middle of the floor and a cloth was a few inches away from it. Zero took it up to see what it was...

It was a D-3...

"Strange, why would this small thingamajig freak out X so much?" he was still making this question when the D-3 gave Zero an electric shock.

"Aaaaww! That hurts!" whined Zero as he let the D-3 fall, he lifted it up again and this time he felt no electric shock.

"X must know about this" he thought...



Meanwhile, X was still running like crazy on the streets, he turned to a corner and kept running.

"It can't be" thought X while running "How can my Digivice be here? I left it in my house when I found out that horrible truth about Kari..."

X continued running until he got tired, by the time he stopped, he was panting real hard.

"There's someone out there who knows my secret" whispered X "The secret about my true past and origin, but one thing is sure: I'm not willing to be that redheaded goggleboy who was nothing to no one...not a chance"

X kept panting until he recovered his breath.

"If someone knows my secret, who is it? And why is this person doing this?" he thought.

"X! What's going on?" asked a voice behind X. He turned around startled, but he calmed down when he realized it was Zero.

"Oh, nothing..." lied X.

"Don't lie, X" countered Zero "I saw you running like if a ghost were chasing you"

"I don't know what are you talking about" said X.

"Please don't try to frame me" replied Zero "Tell me truth: It has something to do with this?" he asked as he took out the D-3. X started to walk backwards by the only sight of it.

"Zero, where did you get it?" asked X.

"It was in your room" answered Zero "Now tell me, what's with this artifact?"

"Throw it away, Zero" replied X.

"Tell me what is it first" countered Zero.

"Throw it away" pleaded X.

"But you need to tell me what is it, X" said Zero "Why don't you trust me?"

"Please, throw it away!!!" yelled X as he grabbed the D-3 and threw it as hard as he could.

"X, why did you threw it away?" asked Zero "What was it?"

"It's something from my past" X answered, finally "A horrible memory that I rather forget...and please, no questions, the less I think about this, the better" then he started to walk back to the HQ.

"X..." whispered Zero and he followed him without saying a word...



That night, X was moaning and rolling on his bed. He was clearly having a dream...

X's dream

*************************************************

X was running on a shining white hall, with some voices following him.

"Why did you ran away?" asked a female voice, which sounded like Yolei's.

"I don't know what are you talking about" said X "I don't know you"

"But you do" denied a voice that sounded like Ken's.

"You're lying" muttered X.

"No, you are the one who's lying, Davis" replied another female voice, and this one was the one from Kari.

"Why are you hurting us this way, Davis?" asked something like TK's voice and sounded hurt "We're your friends"

"Quit saying that nonsense!" growled X "And stop calling me Davis, I am Megaman X"

"Don't hide yourself under another person!" replied one more voice, this time it was Cody's "You are Daisuke Motomiya, that's who you are!"

"False, Daisuke Motomiya is dead and buried in forgetfulness" countered X.

"Davis, please, it hurt us having you saying that" said Kari's voice.

"Quit calling me Davis!" shouted X "I told you I'm not him, I'm Megaman X"

Suddenly, a big mirror appeared in front of X, he saw his own reflection, but in a second it changed to his old reflection...the reflection of Davis Motomiya.

"You may be able to change your body, Davis, but you'll never be able to change your soul" said TK's voice.

"Don't you get it?" asked Yolei's voice in a mix of anger, sadness and dissapointment " You are Davis Motomiya, a DigiDestined, the Child of Courage and Friendship"

"Leave me alone!" yelled X "I am Megaman X, a Maverick Hunter, leader of the #17 unit!"

"No, you're Davis Motomiya!" cried Kari's voice.

"Cut it out, I'm Megaman X!" countered X.

Little by little all voices started to join in.

"You're Davis Motomiya..." whispered Ken's voice.

"I'm Megaman X" replied X.

"You're Davis Motomiya" continued Cody's voice.

"I'm Megaman X" countered X.

"You're Davis Motomiya" said TK's voice. X fell on his knees, hands on his head.

"I'm Megaman X" denied X.

"You're Davis Motomiya" said Yolei's voice.

"I'm Megaman X" replied X.

"You're Davis Motomiya" continued Kari's voice.

"I am Megaman X!" shouted X, desperately.

"No! You are Davis Motomiya!" cried all the voices in unison.

"I AM MEGAMAN X!!!!!" screamed X again and again, with all his strenght...

******************************************

En d Dream



X woke up from his dream on cold sweat. His blue hair a mess and he was panting heavily. He shook his head, realizing it was only a dream, but he suddenly saw something glowing by his side, X took it and saw it was his D- 3.

"My Digivice just won't leave me" muttered X "But we will see about that tomorrow..."

He harshly threw his D-3 to the floor and went back to sleep...



The next day, X grabbed his D-3, his helmet, and his scarf and went out again.

"Commander, where are you going?" asked Ronnie.

"I'm going out. I'm going to settle some personal things" answered X "I'll be back"

With those words, X left the base and went to the city's outskirts.

Once there he stood still, looking at the horizon, there he started to remember his old days when he was Davis, when he became a DigiDestined, when everyone did nothing but treat him like a jerk, his constants fights with Jun, his love ignoring him and the event that made him become Megaman X.

"No, I won't go back to that horrible life full of pain and sorrows" said X as he gazed at the D-3 on his hand "I love my new life, I'm a true hero here. I have real friends, people who truly appreciate me, I have a happy life.I'm living happily in this new life"

Then, he glared at his D-3.

"He's gone, Daisuke Motomiya no longer exists. He died long time ago, now there is only Megaman X. And I won't go back to my former life, I deny it"

As the seconds passed, X's anger increased.

"Now leave me alone, this new life will erase all of the sorrows, my bitterness will be sent away, all my suffering will be gone, I am Megaman X now, so leave me alone"

X pressed his D-3 with anger, bitterness and sadness, and then he looked up and threw the D-3 way up high.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!! I AM MEGAMAN X!!" he yelled as he activated his Plasma Cannon, aimed at the D-3 and charged.

"X-BUSTER!!"

X shot his X-Buster straight to the D-3 but right when the X-Buster was about to hit the D-3, someone's shadow appeared and took the D-3.

"What?" asked X.

The shadow appeared in front of X and he quickly recognized him.It was Cut Mantis.

"Cut Mantis." growled X.

"Hey! Be more careful, this is way too important to be destroyed" hissed Cut Mantis with the D-3 on his hand.

"Yeah" appeared Blast Gorilla "You shouldn't blast such indispensable tool"

In a matter of seconds, Flight Unicorn and Stone Turtle appeared as well.

"Now it's time for you to come with us" said Flight Unicorn.

"We know you can't forget that" agreed Stone Turtle.

"You are not making me a Maverick" muttered X

"How many times we told you?" We are not making you a Maverick" growled Blast Gorilla.

"We only want to take you with us" said Stone Turtle.

"Wanna know our secret?" asked Cut Mantis "We are nor really Mavericks"

"What a lie" countered X "Then why did you kidnapped all those children?"

"We did that because it would bring you to us, it was a bait" answered Flight Unicorn "Actually, we wouldn't do such a thing"

"Yeah, right" mumbled X.

"Now it's time to come with us" hissed Blast Gorilla.

"And where are you planning to take me?" asked X.

"Oh, you already know" answered Cut Mantis.

"No, I don't know. Where do you want me to go?" asked X again.

"Think, X, think" replied Stone Turtle.

"Whatever you're planning, it won't work" said X, ready to fight.

"Yes, it will" replied Cut Mantis as he and the Retrievers rushed at X. Cut Mantis slashed quickly at X, but he evaded his scythes and sent a hard kick on his face.

Then, Blast Gorilla started to throw hard punches with the intentions of take X down, but X showed him his speed and punched Blast Gorilla on his stomach, which left him breathless.

After that, Flight Unicorn started to tackle X, who after studying his moves a while, he activated his cannon and shot some Plasma Shots that hit Flight Unicorn's wing, making him unable to fly.

Then Stone Turtle tried to do the same strategy to tackle down X, but he was too slow.

"Oh, what a loser" sighed X as he charged his cannon.

"X-BUSTER!!"

The X-Buster hit Stone Turtle cleanly and sent him with the rest of the Retrievers.

"You haven't improved any, did you knew that?" asked X.

"You are so wrong, X!" yelled Cut Mantis.

"We just been easy on you!" agreed Stone Turtle.

"We thought we could get a little....diplomatic" said Blast Gorilla "But it seems that we will have to make you go with us forcefully"

"Now it's time to show you our true strength" finished Flight Unicorn.

"Ready?" asked Cut Mantis.

"Ready!" answered the Retrievers as they aimed at X, who was unwary of what was coming.

"TWIN SICKLES!!"

"ENERGY CANNON!!"

"HORN BLASTER!!"

"ROCK TEMPEST!!"

X widened his eyes as he saw the attacks approaching him, the hit caused a huge explosion, after some seconds, the dust was dissipated and X came out, a little beaten up.

"Those attacks...." gasped X "They are...."

"Time to finish what we started, Megaman X" hissed Cut Mantis "Or should we say....Davis Motomiya....?"

X was stunned in shock, they knew his secret, and that wasn't all, he also realized who they really were.

"And I managed to know who you truly are" barely said X "You....you....are Digimon!"

He turned to Cut Mantis "Snimon...."

Then, he gazed at Blast Gorilla "Gorillamon...."

He turned to Flight Unicorn "Unimon...."

Then he turned to Stone Turtle "And lastly, Tortomon...."

"Whoa! He finally got us" pointed out Cut Mantis.

"How did you got Reploid forms?" asked X.

"A kind friends gave us a hand" answered Blast Gorilla "You know him too"

"Gennai" guessed X.

"That's correct" replied Flight Unicorn.

"You definitively got smarter, Davis" congratulated Stone Turtle "Now you found out where do we want you to go?"

"Yes" answered X "But I'm not going"

"How come? Your friends are so worried about you" countered Blast Gorilla.

"Liars!" yelled X "My 'friends' must be happy and celebrating now that the jerk they knew is gone"

"It seems that we have no choice but doing this the hard way" sighed Cut Mantis.

"It's for your own good...." added Flight Unicorn.

Behind X, a portal started to open in the ground, he jumped away from it, but the Retrievers wouldn't allow it so easily.

"Time to return home!" cried the Retrievers in unison.

X prepared to fight all of them as he charged his Plasma Cannon at Cut Mantis.

"X-BUSTER!!"

Cut Mantis showed his true speed by dodging the X-Buster easily and decided to counterattack.

"TWIN SICKLES!!"

X barely evaded the attack but he wasn't wary of Flight Unicorn and Stone Turtle.

"HORN BLASTER!!"

"ROCK TEMPEST!!"

X was critically hit and the attacks sent him to the ground, close to the portal.

"I won't allow it!" cried X as he stood up. Blast Gorilla grabbed him and pushed him to the ground, but X struggled to stay on his place.

"You must go back, Davis" said Blast Gorilla.

"Right, you are a DigiDestined and you must return to your home world" added Cut Mantis.

"No! I don't want to!" shouted X "If I do, I'll go back to my miserable life, in the one no one cares for me. In the one I'm nothing but a jerk to everyone, the life in which I'm merely a nuisance, in the one I'm nothing"

X kept struggling but it wasn't enough, Blast Gorilla was really strong.

"We will show you that you are so wrong" replied Flight Unicorn.

Blast Gorilla let go off X and jumped away from him as he and the Retrievers prepared to attack.

"ENERGY CANNON!!"

"TWIN SICLES!!"

"ROCK TEMPEST!!"

"HORN BLASTER!!"

All four attacks went to X, who was willing to fight back.

"I won't return! I won't allow it!" he yelled as he aimed.

"X-BUSTER!!"

The impact of all attacks caused a huge explosion, what made X unable to see if the Retrievers were there.

"Are they gone?" asked X to himself.

But out of the blue, Cut Mantis appeared and sent a hard punch as X's stomach, which sent him to the ground, he was just a few steps close to the portal.

The Retrievers appeared form the remains of the explosion and took advantage of X's confusion to attack once more.

"TWIN SICKLES!!"

"ENERGY CANNON!!"

"HORN BLASTER!!"

"ROCK TEMPEST!!"

All attacks hit X and finally he was thrown to the portal, which was already waiting for him.

X fell himself in a shining white hole, which seemed to be a path to the Real World.

"Dr. Cain....Zero....Ronnie....I'm sorry....I've failed." whispered X as he kept falling into the hole, his falling lasted about ten minutes, and then X fell on something.

He was really tired and only managed to look around. He was at a cliff's bottom and he realized it was the same cliff where he became Megaman X. He looked at himself as he saw he was still X, but what he mourned about was the fact that he returned....



"No....I promised I wouldn't come back.

Why is it that always happens what I don't plan....?

Now I'm back to this horrible world....

To this horrible life....

No....not again."




X sighed and lost consciousness as the waves soaked his exhausted body....

--------------------------------------------------------- -------------- -

Megamastermaind: End of chapter, how did you like it?

Firebrand: Well, now that he's back home, what will happen?

Owlmon: Some enemies will appear and X's gonna have to fight.

Zero: And I suppose he'll face the DigiDestined as well, am I right?

Megamastermaind: Yeah, something like that, everything is gonna get more intense on the next chapter....see you around.