Digimon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Finding the Harem ❯ A Bond Divided ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: The Harem, Lashana, Telca and almost everything else doesn't belong to us. The storyline is ours, however, so no taking of our ideas please.

At this point, I'd like to say thanks to all who reviewed and emailed me about the 'Final Battle' and 'I Would Die For You' fics. I know they were sad, that was the point, but it's the greatest achievement for a writer to manage to bring out such emotions in their readers. Many thanks.

For those of you who were afraid that this was The End *grins* These fics are the only things that keep Telca an I relatively sane, nothing short of armageddon would force us to stop the insanity or give up our Harems. Sometimes the thoughts of our Harems are the only things that get us through the day.

Telca: Actually if armageddon comes in my lifetime I plan on going with my Remy birthday card and Gambit comics clutched to my chest.

Ditto. Those tapes with the Blackwargreymon Saga are goin' with me.

--Lashana
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Bond Divided

"Oh my stars and garters... It can't be!"

Telca smiled weakly. "Hey Beast."

One never would have thought that he could move so quickly. In one bound, he was across his lab and scooping the sorceress into a bear hug, sighing in relief when she returned the embrace. "My dear...what happened? We thought you were-"

"We were."

He glanced behind him and stared at the Elf for a brief moment before sighing and lowering his face into Telca's hair. "How can this be?"

"It's a long story Blue. Something that we only want to tell once..." Telca paused and shook her head. "We didn't know things would get this bad. We never thought that the others would..."

"Lashana-chan!!"

"What the-" the Elf turned in time to see Xellos' grin before he glomped her. "Ack! Get off!"

"You're alive!!"

Telca glanced at Lashana. Was it her...or did he sound...relieved?

Xellos smiled at the Elf, eyes fully open, then he blinked at her curiously. "Lashana-chan? What happened to your aura?"

"Don't call me that. And L-Sama happened to it." She sighed and gently pulled away from him. In some perverted way she had missed him. But damned if she was going to admit it. "Uh...why are you staring at me like that?"

"Y-ou're....the Chaos Knight!"

She blinked. "Yeah..." she muttered, staring in shock when he dropped down onto one knee and bowed to her. "Okaaaay. This is new."

Telca turned in Beasts arms and grinned. "Does this mean he has to do whatever you say?"

"I dunno? Does it, Xel?"

He grimaced and nodded.

"Kewl. I'll torture you later. Right now I have to go get changed and hunt down my Harem," Lashana said as she walked past Xellos and jumped into a portal.

Telca nodded and glanced at Beast. "You got any interdimensional cel phones lying around?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Catch!"

Lashana glanced up and yelped as she caught the cel phone that had been flung her way. "Geez, Telca. I just walked into the room, give me some warning next time!"

"I did," the sorceress grumbled as tugged her green tank top into place, fixed the belt around the waist of her black jeans. That done, she put her own cel phone into a hidden pocket in her duster. In actuality it was one of Remy's dusters, it had his scent on it. "Call me when you find Blacky."

"Ditto for you and Remy," Lashana said as she shoved the cel phone into one of the outer pocket of her black mid-thigh leather jacket. She had rolled the sleeves up to her elbows and put on a basic outfit of black hiking boots, blue jeans frayed at the knees and a dark blue tank top.

"'Kay. I'm off to New Orleans. I'll see ya later!" Telca said, waving as she opened a portal and leapt through.

~Lashana...~

The Elf turned at the call and gazed over at Mewtwo, seconds away from opening her own portal and starting her own search. "Yeah, 'Two?"

He walked over to her and stood in front of her for a moment, staring down into her eyes before he hugged her gently. ~I'm sorry,~ he murmured, his tail curling around her waist. ~I missed you.~

"Missed you too you big psycho," she smiled, returning the embrace before gently pulling away, reaching down to remove his tail from her waist. "Telca an I are gonna round up the others. You gonna be okay for a few hours?"

~Yes. Yes... As long as you come back.~

She winked and rose a hand, opening a golden portal. "Deal."

~Then I suggest you head for that lake you and the others went to,~ he smiled, seeing her curious look. ~Get going.~

"Uh...yeah. Thanks," she called, waving as she walked into the portal. She emerged in the middle of a clearing off the side of a dirt path...exactly where she and the others had come camping oh so long ago. Why did 'Two say I should come here...there's nothing... Oh. My. Gods... Black... Her gaze had been sweeping over the shoreline of the nearby lake when she had spotted him on the dock, his gaze fixed on the horizon. "Black...."

The reaction was immediate and not at all what she was expecting.

He whirled and lunged at her, the blades on his right gauntlet aimed at her head. She screamed and dropped to the ground, rolling to the side and scrambling out of the way of a vicious kick. "Black! What are you doing?!"

"You can't be her! She's dead!" he roared, lunging at her again.

Oh I'm gonna die... Lashana rose her arms in a weak attempt to fend him off and blinked when the blades on his gauntlets suddenly stopped in mid air. She blinked and looked at her arms, sighing in relief when she saw that the black spines had re-emerged from her arms and deflected the attack. Okaaay. So these things are stronger than Digichrome.. I can handle that. "Black. It's me!"

"My Bonded is dead." he spat, hatred in his eyes. "I don't know what you are, but you'll pay for impersonating her!"

As he started to gather energy for a full-power Terra Destroyer, she closed her eyes and screamed. "You have a scar on your left inner thigh! You got it when you accidentally startled me while I was writing and I stabbed you with my pen! We laughed about it later because I had been using glow-in-the-dark ink and it looked really funky when we turned out the light that night!"

He froze, eyes widening. "H-how did you?"

"Black, it's me!" she paused and looked at the curved spines that had emerged from her arms. "Well... I've got a few new tricks, but it's me!"

"It can't be..."

Her mind scrambled for something that only the two of them would know. Something that would convince him... "When we were in Hell, just before Telca an I took on the Demon Highlord, you saw me transform, remember?" She closed her eyes and called on the Chaos, hearing his gasp as her Avatar form took over, the Power flowing though her veins like wildfire as she opened her now golden eyes to look at him sadly. "And I said 'I will always love you, my Blackwargreymon'. And I took the Ultima power from you. Remember? Please...please tell me that you remember that."

He obviously did, for the sphere of energy vanished from his hands as he collapsed to his knees, still staring at her as she reverted to her Elven form. "....Lashana?"

"Yes. It's me," she whispered brokenly, slowly stepping forward. She nearly broke down when he tossed his gauntlets aside and threw himself at her, his arms wrapping around her as he buried his face in her hair and started sobbing uncontrolably. "Oh my gods... Black... I'm sorry. I'm so sorry...."

"I thought I had lost you," he choked out in between sobs. "Why? Why did you..."

She rose her hands to cup his jaw and gently forced him to raise his head to meet her gaze. "Because I love you. My life would mean nothing if I didn't have you. I should have told you that so long ago... I guess I was afraid that you didn't want something so deep..."

He stared at her for a long moment before growling and shoving her away, reaching up to wipe at his tears angrily. "You love me? You love me, yet you made me watch you die?! Do you have any idea what it's been like this past month?! Do you!?"

Lashana stepped back, frightened by the rage in his voice. "I-"

"You have no right! I thought you were dead!! You can't just come back thinking that everything's going to be alright!!" he roared, fangs bared. He glared at her a moment longer, then spun around and snatched his gauntlets off the ground, putting them on angrily. "Get out of my sight."

"What?! Black!"

"Don't call me that!" he yelled, spinning around and leveling the blades at her throat. "My Bonded died back in that cave."

She stared at him as he turned and stalked away, silent tears streaming down her cheeks as she dropped to her knees, trembling. A whimper escaped her lips, vaguely sounding like 'I love you' before she threw her head back and screamed.