Digimon Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon Online: Shadow of Aincrad ❯ Virtualization Chaos ( Chapter 16 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
As you know, I’ve added the ‘Hollow Fragment’ game character, namely like Philia/Kotone and Strea, into the storyline of this story and this series. With Philia/Kotone, you have to remember that she is going to be a bit different because well, she hasn’t met Kirito/Kazuto and the others like in the ‘Hollow Fragment’ timeline. However, her character will end up the same way and you will see what I mean as you are reading this and upcoming chapters, folks. Yes, I know that I’m blabbing this over and over again, but I would like to give thanks and credit to Belletiger and Kanius and Kanius’ YuYuGiDigiMoon series, especially this author’s The Invasion of the Rajita story, for giving me permission to use the idea of Valkyrie Sailor Soldiers and everything that’s a part of them.

 

I DO NOT OWN Sailor Moon, Sword Art Online, Accel World, Digimon series, Yu-Gi-Oh R/GX/5Ds/Zexal/Arc-V, Gundam series, including Gundam Build Fighters, Sekirei, Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed, Senran Kagura, Dead or Alive, Ninja Gaiden, Tenchi Muyo series, Ronin Warriors, Dot-hack series, Naruto, World of Warcraft series, Power Rangers series, Tron, Code Lyoko, Rave Master, Mouse, and anything/anyone that comes from these and other stories that end up in this fanfiction! Sailor Moon is owned/licensed by Naoko Takeuchi and its various studios and publishers, Sword Art Online is owned/licensed by ASCII Media Works, A-1 Pictures Inc., and its various directors/publishers including Reki Kawahara and Tomohiko Itō, and Digimon is owned/licensed by Toei Animation and its various directors, including Hiroyuki Kakudo, Yu-Gi-Oh is owned/licensed by Kazuki Takahashi, Toei Animation, and Studio Gallop, Yu-Gi-Oh GX is owned/licensed by Naoyuki Kageyama, Studio Gallop and its various directors, Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds is owned/licensed by Katsumi Ono and Studio Gallop!

 

Warning: This story contains intense violence, blood, possible gore, death, mild to explicit suggestive themes, including mind-control and brainwashing, mild to explicit bad language, and mature adult themes/situations!

 

Second Warning: Some to a lot of OOC (Out of Character) actions and mannerisms in this whole story!

 

Mid-September 2025, Sword Art World, Level 1, Town of Beginnings

 

Within Sword Art World, we are inside of Black Iron Palace of the Town of Beginnings of the first level of the ‘remake’ of infamous Sword Art Online and just outside of the ‘revival chamber’ where someone that looks like Kotone, but she has on a blue coat and wearing it like a cape, blue corset-like light armored top, black shorts with matching brown belt with a pouch attached to the left side, blue half-skirt attached to the right side of the skirt, another pouch over her upper left leg, black stockings that covers the bottom half of her thighs down, and brown boots.

 

The female player that looks like Kotone struggles to her feet and she says, holding her head, “What was that? It felt so real…” The female player then gains images of her being in some kind of weird zone with two lines connecting to her in which she is getting dragged into some kind of abyss until the same young girl that Leafa, Dai, and Akari have seen before and ‘cuts the lines’ connected to her with the girl saying ‘I’m sorry’ before she reappeared here. The female player that looks like Kotone says, “I’ve got to get out of here.” She opens her menu, goes to the logout button, but when she pushes it, she gets the same error message as Leafa, Dai, and Akari causing her to gasp and she shouts out, “What?!” A sliver of fear comes over her as she tries the logout button again and again, but it only repeats the same message. The female player says, fearfully, “No…Not again…Please not again…” Just then images of the first day of SAO come to her mind and a player wearing female starter clothing and looking like her looking at the giant GM that was Kayaba comes to her mind. The female player frantically goes to the GM assist button on her menu, but when she presses it, an error message that says ‘Unable to contact management, please try again’. The female player tries and tries a few more times, but all she gets is the same error message. The female player says, fearfully, “No, don’t do this to me! Not again!”

 

Just then a female voice says, “It sounds like you are in a heap of trouble.” The female player gasps and she looks over to see none other than Argo coming up to her.

 

When Argo shows her face to the female player, she says, “Wait! You…You’re Argo, ‘The Rat’.”

 

Argo responds, with a sly smile, “I’m glad that you remember me. I believe that you are Philia, the treasure hunter.”

 

The female player responds, with a nod, “That’s right. What are you doing here?”

 

Argo replies, with a smile, “Got it good with the big wigs and they sent me in to make sure that their game is going smoothly.”

 

The female player, Philia, responds, “You mean that you are an administrator?”

 

Argo responds, “Well…kind of. More like an observer to make sure that this doesn’t become another ‘Sword Art Online, you see. They figured that who better to get information is something goes wacky is yours truly and I have to say that they do know how to pick the best.”

 

Philia tells Argo, “Argo-san, I need help. I…”

 

Argo responds, “You can’t log out, right?” Philia gives a look of shock and Argo says, “Normally, I would charge for this, but I’ll tack it on the bill of big wigs. Anyway, there have been some bad stuff happening here since you aren’t the first to get trapped here.”

 

Philia asks, stunned, “Really?”

 

Argo says, with a nod, “Yep. Several people close to some good old friends from SAO are trapped here too. Believed belong to the same group that trapped three hundred of our ‘brothers and sisters’ from SAO in the original ALO game. Bad news is that this isn’t like last time. You aren’t linked to an Amusphere and can’t log out. They somehow transferred your mind into the game itself.”

 

Philia yells out, shocked, “What?!”

 

Argo says, with a nod, “It’s true. Your body is now an empty shell.”

 

Philia says, shaking her head in disbelief, “No way. It can’t be true.”

 

Argo asks Philia, “Does the error message say that you can’t log out because you are registered that you have logged out already?” Philia’s eyes widen in shock and horror and Argo says, “Thought so. You see, we can’t do a thing until we figure a way to reconnect you to your body. If they end this while you and the others are still here…Well, it isn’t pretty hard to imagine you aren’t getting out anytime soon especially if they delete your avatar.”

 

Philia says, fearfully, “Wait! If what you say is true, then if my avatar is deleted…”

 

Argo responds, “Doesn’t matter if your body is still ‘alive’ if there is nothing to ‘fill’ it with.” Philia starts to shake out of control and Argo says, creating some kind of scroll, “Easy there. I’ll contact the big wigs and get your body to a safe place. However, you can’t tell anyone about your ‘problem’. If ‘they’ catch on, it would be like SAO expect your brain won’t be fried understand?” Philia nods her head, weakly, and Argo says, giving her the scroll, “Take this. It has the picture of the other three trapped in here. The last one is a GM that has been missing for over a month.”

 

Philia asks, stunned, “A GM?”

 

Argo says, “That’s right.”

 

Philia asks, “How much?”

 

Argo responds, with a grin, “I told you that I’ll charge the big wigs for this. However, I will hold you to that, Philia.”

 

Philia says, “Thank you, Argo.”

 

Argo says, “Charity isn’t my normal thing, but us, SAO survivors, have got to stick together. And besides, I can charge extra to the big wigs.” After Philia and Argo friend each other, Argo then uses his menu to log out while Philia looks into the scroll and sees a picture of Leafa, Dai, and Akari.

 

Sailor Moon Online: Shadow of Aincrad

 

(Sword Art Online opening theme music ‘Crossing Fields’ starting)

 

As the opening ‘scenes’ being, we find Davis Motomiya, wearing an outfit similar to Kirito’s outfit expect his jacket is flame designed and two swords, an Elucidator and Dark Repulser, strapped to the sides of his waist instead of his back, walking down a street and looking at the sky.

 

Next, we find Kari Kamiya, wearing a pink and red version of Asuna’s Knights of the Blood Oath outfit with Crests of Light instead of crosses and strapped to her waist is a sheath for a rapier with a pink handle and a pearly white blade, also walking down a street and looking back behind her.

 

Then we see Suguha Kirigaya and her ‘alter ego’, Sailor Celestial, with their backs to each other with ‘thin wall of light’ separating the two of them in which the scene spins around as the two of them look at each other where Suguha is at her home on her side of the ‘wall’ while Sailor Celestial is in the Moon Kingdom.

 

All three of them are reaching out into the skies and then the world around them transforms into center of the Town of Beginnings for Sword Art Online in which the ground crumbles around them as those that died on Sword Art Online and more try to drag them into an abyss.

 

The scene then changes where Davis is cutting through legions of ‘monsters’ from SAO and ALO as well as youma in which a legion of Duel Monsters appears with Davis having a dragon similar to Stardust Dragon and another monster, Slifer the Sky Dragon, attack them with powerful strikes.

 

Then Davis is fighting against Heathcliff in which he transforms into the massive GM avatar that he used at the start of SAO in which Davis lands a series of blows before slamming him with Starburst Stream, the classic 16 Duel Wielding Sword Skill combo. Soon after, Kari and Leafa, Suguha’s ALO avatar, run at top speed behind Davis and the two of them leap into the air with Kari hitting the transformation Heathcliff with an attack that looks similar to Linear while Leafa does a forward flip and transforms into Eternal Sailor Celestial, also wielding an Elucidator and Dark Repulser, in which they glow with fire and wind power as Sailor Celestial prepares to attack.

 

Then the scene shows Kazuto as his Sword Art Online avatar of Kirito, Serena as her Sword Art Online avatar as Usagi, Keiko as her Sword Art Online avatar of Silica, and Rika as her Sword Art Online avatar of Lisbeth.

 

The scene then changes with Davis, Kari, Sailor Celestial, Sailor Moon, and Kirito looking over the worlds of Sword Art Online, Alfheim Online, the ‘real world’, the Digital World, and beyond.

 

Then there are displays of Darien/Tuxedo Mask, the Sailor Scouts, the Odiaba Digidestined, and Kayaba/Heathcliff before it switches back to a scene where Sailor Celestial, Davis, and Kari are standing in front of the ‘transformed Heathcliff’ with his back to their backs and cleaved into multiple pieces before exploding into hundreds of data polygons.

 

The final scenes show Kirito and Asuna, in her Knights of the Blood Oath outfit, along with Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask being watched over by Sailor Celestial, Davis and Kari resting in front of a tree, and finally, Asuna’s Lambent Light rapier, Usagi’s Lunar Excelsior one-handed sword, Tuxedo Mask’s cane, Leafa’s ALO katana, and an Elucidator and Dark Repulser swords are all together in a pile with Neo Domino City Duel Disks and Davis’ and Kari’s D-3 digivices ‘attached’ to them.

 

(Sword Art Online opening theme music ‘Crossing Fields’ ending)

 

Chapter 16: Virtualization Chaos

 

Mid-September 2025, Yokohama North General Hospital

 

Within Yokohama North General Hospital, we are inside of the special ward containing Suguha’s, Davis’, and Kari’s comatose forms in which they are joined by none other than Kotone, with an Amusphere over her eyes, in which Kazuto, Asuna, Keiko, Rika, Darien, our Sailor Scouts, and our Digidestined and their Digimon are assembled together with Tokyu in the same room.

 

Serena asks, curiously, “So, she is another SAO survivor?”

 

Tokyu says, “That’s right, Serena-san. Her name is Kotone and her handle was Philia. In SAO, she was a self-proclaimed treasure hunter.”

 

Keiko asks, “Treasure hunter?”

 

Darien says, “Most likely, it meant that she hunted for rare items and such. That’s what a typical treasure hunter does at least in a game format.”

 

Kazuto says, “That’s exactly about right, Darien.”

 

Asuna asks, “What was she doing going into that world?”

 

Tokyu responds, “To be honest, I have no idea. Personally, I thought that she would have swear off VRMMO and maybe Full-Dive completely like plenty of SAO survivors since she didn’t join ALO for one thing.”

 

Lita says, “Well, you can’t exactly blame them for feeling that way.”

 

TK says, with a nod, “No kidding.”

 

Cody asks, “Has this gone to the public?”

 

Amara says, “Not even close. The ‘incidents’ are so few and far between that it is pretty easy to cover this up.”

 

Tokyu says, “It seems like these people are playing it smart. The ‘memory loss’ seems to be spread to people from our clubs all over the world and not just Japan.”

 

Darien says, “And they are so few and far between that people won’t bat an eye. Remember, these days, with people dying from starvation by forgetting to eat or people ‘acting out’ what they did in the virtual world, spread out stories of ‘memory loss’ that can be focused on a lot of factors and not just fowl play aren’t going to see the light of day.”

 

Izzy says, “And as much as we hate to admit it, a few comatose cases without any physical harm to people and making it unable to be traced to a game other than ‘circumstance evidence’, people aren’t going to think fowl play either.”

 

Kazuto says, with a sigh, “Izzy is right. Plus, with another person trapped in the game, they have another hostage and while they can do anything to their physical bodies, if their avatars are destroyed, their minds go with it and they will be lost forever.”

 

Matt says, with a serious tone, “And we can’t help them since they somehow put in some kind of code that denies us access and make it seem like an error or something.”

 

Tai asks, “But I don’t get it! How do they know about us? Sure, we’re SAO survivors and all, but I doubt that they would know about us. Heck, we didn’t know about this until they got trapped in there. How could they have known how to keep us out?”

 

Ken says, “That’s a really good question, Tai. There are quite a few possibilities and I don’t like any of them.”

 

Asuna asks, “What about her family?”

 

Tokyu says, “We’ve assured Kotone’s family that we taking this very seriously, we will give her the best of care, and figure out this immediately.”

 

Yolei says, “Good luck. Even with Argo’s help, we are nowhere closer to solving this. We’ve attempted to upload the program that allowed Suguha, Davis, and Kari to return to their bodies before, but it won’t work this time.”

 

TK says, “Yeah, but we’ve checked everything to two weeks to next Tuesday and we don’t have a single suspect.”

 

Kazuto says, looking at Tokyu, “Well, we can’t be too surprised. If they were somehow able to outwit government agents and checks, I doubt that anyone in Future Divers could have known.”

 

Tokyu gives a solemn ‘thank you’ look and Asuna tells Tokyu, “Don’t worry, Tokyu-san. We won’t let them get away with this. This was your dream and the dream of your fellow former beta tester that were fortunate not to get trapped in SAO like us. This is your way of honoring us, the prisoners of SAO, and especially your friends that didn’t survive it. We won’t the people that did this to get away with it.”

 

Tokyu says, with a weak smile, “Thank you, Asuna-san.”

 

Cody asks, looking at Kotone’s motionless form, “Why did she go into Sword Art World?”

 

Matt says, “Could have been a lot of reasons.”

 

Just then Seijirou’s voice calls out, “I think that I may have an idea.” Everyone then looks to see Seijirou enter the room and he walks over in which he says, “She got a message that mentioned that she lost a ‘great treasure’ on Sword Art Online and Future Divers will have a way to get another chance at that treasure.”

 

Ami says, “She might have been a treasure hunter in SAO, but I doubt that it would have been good enough incentive to go into a VRMMO similar to it despite it being much safer.”

 

Ken says, “Something must have caused her to join Sword Art World.”

 

Raye says, “I think that the best way is to ask once we get her along with Suguha, Davis, and Kari out of there.”

 

Tai says, with a nod, “Good idea, Raye.”

 

Seijirou says, “And I might have a solution.”

 

Everyone looks at Seijirou and Darien asks, “You do?”

 

Seijirou says, a bit nervously, “Well, I’m going to need help with it if it can be a possible solution. You see, we found it at the former Argus headquarters.”

 

Serena asks, surprised, “At Argus?”

 

Kazuto asks, “Did this come…?”

 

Seijirou responds, with a nod, “Yes. We found in a hidden area within Kayaba’s former lab.”

 

There are gasps and Amara asks, “There was a hidden area at Kayaba’s lab?”

 

Seijirou says, with a nod, “Yes, it was discovered quite accidently. You have to hit certain tiles on the floor in a certain manner in order to reveal the stairway down into the ‘hidden lab’ that Kayaba had hidden.”

 

Ken says, “They must have been calibrated not to react to someone just standing on them or walking over them in a regular manner.”

 

Seijirou says, “Correct, Ken.”

 

Michelle says, “That’s pretty good work and quite clever.”

 

Amara asks, “What is this ‘possible solution’?”

 

Seijirou stays silent and he asks, “Have you heard of the Disney movie Tron?”

 

Yolei asks, confused, “What kind of question is that?”

 

Izzy then says, shocked, “No way! You can’t be serious!”

 

Seijirou says, “From the records, it was the final project of Kayaba.”

 

Rika asks, confused, “What are you talking about?”

 

Izzy responds, “Digitalization, also known as virtualization. It is the process of converting matter from the ‘real world’ into digital information and putting it into the ‘digital plane’.”

 

Plenty of the others yell out in unison, “What?!”

 

Gatomon says, amazed, “You have got to be kidding.”

 

Ami asks, shocked, “Kayaba developed a way to completely transport matter from the ‘real world’ into the ‘digital world’?”

 

Seijirou responds, “He developed the theory, yes. It was his final project before the start of SAO.”

 

Kazuto says, with a plain tone, “I’m not surprised. He had become obsessed with the ‘virtual universe’ and most likely, this was the next step for him. From transferring human minds into the ‘digital scape’ to transport materials and life-forms into cyber-space itself.”

 

Asuna says, amazed, “I can’t believe it.”

 

Ken asks Seijirou, “Kayaba developed a prototype, didn’t he?”

 

Seijirou says, “Yes, he did. The science, math, and everything seems to be in order, but he never even tested it. He seemed settled on the Full-Dive technology in which he had more advanced versions on the board.”

 

Michelle says, “Incredible.”

 

Darien says, with a plain tone, “Such a waste. He could have created a wondrous new universe.”

 

Serena says, with a solemn tone, “He became too engulfed in the past. He just couldn’t let it go.”

 

Darien gives Serena a comforting hug and Trista thinks in her mind, “I fear that you may be right, my hime.”

 

Tokyu says, “I can’t believe that a way to send people completely into the virtual world exists. I thought that it was only on television and in movies.”

 

Ken says, “Well, it might be our only way into Sword Art World since we can’t use Full-Dive devices since the programming code in Sword Art World denies us access.”

 

Seijirou says, “And I was thinking that Ami, Trista, and Izzy can help with that.”

 

TK asks Izzy, “Do you think that it is possible?”

 

Izzy says, “It might be. Remember how we get to Digi-World. The portals to the Digital World actually covert our group into digital information and then we appear in the Digi-World and vice-versa for when we, the humans, go back from the Digi-World to our world. If we study Kayaba’s information on the process and get information on how it works for us when we go back and forth between the Digital World and ‘Real World’, we might be able to replicate the process.”

 

Ken says, “And logically, that process won’t be stopped by whatever code that they have preventing us from entering into Sword Art Online. It is made for Full-Dive equipment.”

 

Kazuto says, “That’s a good point, Ken. But it is going to be dangerous.” Kazuto looks at the motionless forms in the hospital room especially Suguha and he tells Seijirou, “However, in order to save Sugu, I’ll take the risk. I want to be part of the team.”

 

Asuna says, surprised, “Kirito-kun!”

 

Rika tells Asuna, with a smile, “You shouldn’t be surprised, Asuna. He went ‘cowboy’ to rescue you too.”

 

Mina says, looking at Serena, “Not to mention a certain girl that we know.”

 

Serena yells out, with a blush, “Mina-chan!”

 

Seijirou says, with a nod, “All right then. However, I want you to still remain in school for various reasons. If this is Sugou, he might be watching you. He is a madman and his ego is his greatest folly, but he is far from stupid.”

 

Kazuto says, “Point taken.” Kazuto looks at Suguha and he thinks, “Hang on, Sugu! We’re on our way!”

 

Mid-September 2025, Sword Art World, Level 48

 

Returning to the virtual world of SAW, we find Leafa sleeping in a bed and she is rolling around as she experiences a ‘nightmare’ as she sees the battles that the SAO players experience in the ‘death game’ of Sword Art Online. However, she doesn’t see it in her ‘nightmare’, Leafa also feels the emotions of those that died in which she feels and witnesses the death of the Moonlit Black Cats.

 

A female voice rings in her mind, “Do not let our sacrifice be in vain. Don’t give up!” Leafa gasps as she wakes up in a virtual form of a ‘cold sweat’ and she is breathing heavily in which she looks to see Strea looking over at her with a concerned look.

 

Leafa yelps and she asks, “Strea, what are you doing here?”

 

Strea says, with a smile, “To help you wake up silly!”

 

Leafa asks, “To wake me up?”

 

Strea says, with a grin, “That’s right, silly! You have been sleeping so long that you might have logged out if you didn’t modify your setting!”

 

Leafa thinks in her mind, “Actually, it could only happen if I could log out, Strea.”

 

Strea says, “Anyway, you looked like you were in pain while you were sleeping.”

 

Leafa asks, curiously, “I was?” When Strea nods her head, Leafa responds, with a smile, “Just a nightmare.”

 

Strea responds, “A nightmare? It must have been a pretty nasty one to make you toss and turn like that.”

 

Leafa asks, curiously and a bit suspicious, “How long were you in my room?”

 

Strea replies, with a smile, “Long enough to wait for you to wake up!”

 

Leafa thinks in her mind, with a mental sigh, “What’s up with this girl?” Leafa, wearing green pajama clothing, gets to her feet and yelps as Strea hugs her.

 

Strea says, with a smile, “This should help the bad dreams go away!”

 

Leafa says, nervously, “I’m okay! I’m okay, Strea! Really!”

 

Strea let’s go of Leafa and she says, with a smile, “Okay! I’m glad to help!”

 

Leafa thinks in her mind, “Oh, man! What is with that girl and her strength? Her stats in strength must be off the roof and yet, she is pretty quick and agile. Who is she?” Leafa thinks in her mind, with a smile, “Well, you can’t help to somewhat enjoy her antics. It is one of the few things that you can enjoy in here.” Leafa goes through her menu to change into her usual outfit and she thinks, “With time here so different from time outside, it feels like months, but it could have only been days and weeks since we have been trapped in here. And every time that we ‘die’ and get ‘revived’, Dai, Akari, and I lose a chunk of our memories in which I can’t remember my big brother’s name. Thankfully, I manage to record his name on a recording crystals that we manage to buy to record our memories, but in my memories, I can’t recall anyone calling big brother by his name. It feels like a part of my heart has been ripped out of me.” Leafa thinks in her mind, determined, “Well, this is no time to feel sorry for yourself! I will get my memories along with the memories that Dai and Akari lost to this place! We just have to!” Later on, within a blacksmith forge, we find Akari, wearing an outfit similar to her Rainbow Garden blacksmithing outfit, pounding away on a metal ore on an anvil with a hammer. After pounding the ore a number of times, the ore ‘transforms’ into a two-handed axe.

 

Akari says, with a nod, “No bad.”

 

Just then the door opens and Leafa’s voice booms, “Hey, Akari!” Akari looks to see Leafa, dressed a lot like her outfit in ALO, walking down into the chamber.

 

Akari says, with a smile, “Morning sleepyhead!”

 

Leafa tells Akari, with a weak smile, “Please don’t say that. I get enough from Strea.”

 

Akari asks Leafa, “You too huh?”

 

Leafa asks Akari, “Where your boyfriend…I mean husband?”

 

Akari blushes slightly and she responds, “He is out on some tasks for me and he is also doing a solo quest.”

 

Leafa says, with a smile, “I see.”

 

Leafa takes a deep breath, sighs, and Akari asks, “The nightmares again?”

 

Leafa says, with a nod, “Yeah.”

 

Akari says, nodding her head, “I get them too. They are more than nightmares.”

 

Leafa says, “I know, Akari. We just don’t see what happened in SAO, but we feel and experience what the players felt in that battlefield.”

 

Akari asks, “But I don’t get it, Leafa. Why are we the only ones experiencing them? And why are we among the only ones trapped in here?”

 

Leafa says, “I don’t know, but we aren’t the only victims. I’ve been hearing more and more players commenting on ‘memory loss’ like us.”

 

Akari says, with a nod, “I know, Leafa. And yet, they continue to play the game like…like they are addicted to the game.”

 

Leafa says, “And that scares me, Akari. It is like they are under some kind of ‘influence’ or mind control.”

 

Akari asks, stunned, “But how? I thought that there were improvements to the Amusphere to prevent this since the original ALO.”

 

Leafa says, “That’s true, but remember what happened to us? What if they do the same thing to other players and then after they are done, they put them back? Remember, time is different here than back IRL.”

 

Akari says, “True. It is kind of the Digi-World before it got reformatted.” Akari asks Leafa, “But Leafa, why were we the only ones stuck in here?”

 

Leafa responds, “I don’t know, Akari. It could have been a ‘glitch’ or something.”

 

Akari asks, “But what about that…?”


Leafa replies, “I don’t know, Akari. All we know is that she is connected to what’s happening to us.” Just then Akari and Leafa hear a jingle of an old-fashion doorbell in which Akari uses her menu to remove a pair of gloves from her hands in which Akari and Leafa, with Akari at the lead, goes up to the stairs into what looks like a weapon’s shop similar to Lisbeth’s Smith Shop in SAO.

 

Akari shouts out, with a smile, “Welcome to Blacksmith Cats!”

 

Just then Argo’s voice booms, “My! My! You have quite the place!” When Leafa and Akari look to the source of the voice, Argo enters the room and she says, “It reminds of shop of Kii-boy’s friend!”

 

Akari asks, a bit nervously, “Hello? Is there something that I can do for you?”

 

Argo says, with a smile, “Actually, it is what I can do for you lovely ladies. The name is Argo.”

 

Leafa says, surprised, “Wait! I heard about you! You are supposed to be that information broker known as ‘The Rat’.”

 

Argo responds, with a smirk, “That’s right, but let it be known that I don’t sell rumors or heresy. I just sell the facts and normally, I would ask for a hundred for just what I gave you.”

 

Leafa thinks in her mind, “Now, I can see why she is called ‘The Rat’.”

 

Argo looks at Leafa and she says, “My! I can’t help to wonder if you are Kii-boy’s sister.”

 

Leafa asks, confused, “Who?”

 

Argo says, with a smirk, “One of my best customers and your big brother.”

 

Akari and Leafa gasp and Leafa yells out, “You know my big brother?”

 

Argo says, with a grin, “Oh, yeah. He and I went through a lot together in SAO…”


Akari asks, interrupting and surprised, “Wait! You are an SAO survivor?”

 

Leafa says, curiously, “Hold up. I remember big brother and Serena mentioning someone.”

 

Argo responds, “You mean Usagi-chan?”

 

Leafa says, shocked, “That’s Serena’s SAO and ALO handle!”

 

Argo tells Leafa, with a grin, “So, you do know Usagi-chan. Nice to know. Kii-boy also told me to tell you this to tell you that I’m legit.” Argo then whispers into Leafa’s ear and she madly blushes in embarrassment.

 

Leafa yells out, annoyed, “When I get back, I’m going to kick big brother’s butt!”

 

Argo says, with a shrug, “Told Kii-boy that something embarrassing like that is going to get him into big trouble.” Argo then whispers something to Akari and she gives a smile as well as nod.

 

Akari says, “Okay, we can trust you.”

 

Argo says, “Anyway, not here. A bit more private. We can’t be sure who is watching.” Argo says, “Through I can say that your boyfriend is quite the nosy one.” Argo looks in a direction and they look to see Dai coming out his hiding place.

 

Dai yells out, “How did you know that I was here?”

 

Argo responds, with a smirk, “Trade secret. However, I will tell you for bit.”

 

Leafa asks, sarcastically, “So, everything is for sale?”

 

Argo says, “Every bit of information is worth something to someone, but I won’t sell any information that needs to remain ‘buried’ if you know what I mean.”

 

Akari tells Dai, “We can trust him, Dai-kun.”

 

Leafa tells Dai, “And how high is your Hiding Skill anyway?”

 

Dai responds, with a sly grin, “That’s my trade secret.” Leafa gives an annoyed look and Akari giggles as she goes to hang a ‘Closed’ sign at the front door of her shop. Later on, Dai, Leafa, and Akari are with Argo and they are explaining what’s going on as they drink some tea.

 

Argo asks, “You too huh?”

 

Dai says, “This is getting from bad to worse.”

 

Akari says, “No kidding sweetie.”

 

Leafa asks Argo, “Where is Philia-san?”

 

Argo responds, nervously, “That’s a bit of a problem.”

 

Dai says, “I don’t like the sound of that.”

 

Argo says, “I put her on my friend list, but I can’t seem to find her.”

 

Leafa asks, concerned, “You can’t find her?” Argo makes her menu visible and shows her friend list in which she tries to send Philia a message, but it shows a message that mentions that said player can’t be contacted.

 

Dai says, “Well, if she is like us, she is registered that she is logged out.”

 

Akari says, “No Dai-kun. Her name is highlighted like you are online.”

 

Argo says, “That’s right. It is like if you are in a dungeon.”

 

Leafa says, “The same rules of SAO apply here. You can’t message someone in a dungeon.”

 

Dai says, “Something tells me that she has been ‘in a dungeon’ too long.”

 

Argo says, with a nod, “Got it in one, Dai-boy.”

 

Leafa asks, “So, you want us to find her?”

 

Argo says, “If it is possible, but then again, whoever trapped you in here could have found her.”

 

Dai says, with a determined tone, “It doesn’t matter to me. She is a victim just like us and right now, these assholes are messing with our lives as well as the lives of the other players by messing up their minds! We have got to stop them!”


Argo says, “Good luck with that. They have really covered their tracks.”

 

Akari says, “We know, Argo, but Dai-kun is right. We can’t let these people get away with this.”

 

Leafa says, with a nod, “I agree.”

 

Argo says, “All right, good luck.”

 

Leafa asks Argo, “How is my big brother and my mother?”

 

Argo responds, with a sigh, “Based on what Kii-boy said, your mother is hanging in there, but going through something like this for a third time is kind of trying on her.”

 

Leafa says, with a sigh, “Yeah, I know.”

 

Argo says, “And Kii-boy is just…Kii-boy. He is determined to get you out of here like he was saving Asuna-chan from the original ALO.”

 

Leafa says, with a weak smile, “That’s just like big brother.”

 

Dai says, “Something tells me that it isn’t easy.”

 

Argo says, “No way. Like I said, they found a way that Kii-boy and all of your friends can’t even log onto this game.”

 

Akari asks, “How is that possible?”

 

Argo says, “Got me. But it shows that must have a whole army since the only one single person that I can think of doing alone is…”

 

Dai says, with a nod, “We get the idea.”

 

Argo says, “Anyway, be careful out there and watch out.”

 

Akari says, with a smile, “We’ll try Argo.”

 

Leafa says, with a smile, “Thanks for delivering the messages.”

 

Argo says, with a grin, “No problem. Kii-boy and I are good friends…But then doesn’t mean that he doesn’t owe me for this ‘messenger service’.” Argo then uses his menu to log out of the game.

 

Dai says, “Now, I can really see why they call her ‘The Rat’.”

 

Leafa says, with a nod, “Yep.” Leafa says, with a serious tone, “Anyway, we have got to find Philia-san.”

 

Akari asks, “What can we do?”

 

Leafa says, “Dai and I can look around for any clues while seeming like to play the game as usual. I know that you want to help, but you need to keep appearances.”

 

Dai asks, curiously, “What for?”

 

Leafa says, with a shrug, “Just a feeling that we are ‘off the radar’.”

 

Mid-September 2025, Sword Art World, Unknown location

 

Inside of the VRMMO world of SAW, we are at a location that looks like a futuristic lab where a small group of cloaked figures are looking over the monitors.

 

One of them then says, “The boss is asking for a report.”

 

Another one says, “It is the same as always. We can’t pin them down. We can only get access to them if they ‘die’ and that’s only for a brief while.”

 

The first cloaked figure that spoke says, “Then we have to break down them down piece by piece.”

 

The second cloaked figure says, “Well, for some reason, the system is limiting us.”

 

The first cloaked figure says, “No duh, idiot! You know darn well that despite being us being part of the ‘big wigs’ we only have limited access due to our former positions in Argus.”

 

The second cloaked figure says, “It is a good thing that the boss managed to keep us a secret even from the government.”

 

The first cloaked figure says, “The boss isn’t stupid in which I was shocked that he was beaten by some kid.”

 

The second cloaked figure says, “Quiet, you baka!  Do you want the boss to hear you? He could be here right now and if you want to go to ‘mental oblivion’, be my guest!”

 

The first cloaked figure says, nervously, “Right. Anyway, now, we have that fourth girl and she is an SAO survivor.”

 

The second cloaked figure asks, “Really? Where is she now?”

 

The first figure responds, nervously, “Actually…I don’t know. She just vanished.”

 

The second figure yells out, shocked, “What?!”

 

The first figure says, “I don’t know. I had just located her within a dungeon and she then vanished.”

 

A third figure comes over and says, in a female voice, “The boss isn’t going to be happy. With what happened with the first three after the GM that we had to entrap, he has decided to go there himself.”

 

The first two figures gasps and the first one asks, “The boss is going into the game?”

 

The third figure responds, “That’s right. So, you have better find those four or else.” The first two figures nod their heads and they get to work while the third figure looks at screens containing pictures of Dai, Akari, Leafa, and Philia.

 

Late September 2025, Future Divers headquarters

 

In the central headquarters for Future Divers, Kazuto, Asuna, Rika, Keiko, Darien, our Sailor Scouts, and our Digidestined and their Digimon are inside with Ami, Izzy, Kazuto, and Trista as they are working with Tokyu and Seijirou on a series of computers connected to powerful super computer servers which are connected to stage ‘pods’ elsewhere in the room.

 

Lita says, “I still can’t believe that Kayaba actually developed a way to transport people and things from the real world into the digital one.”

 

Mina says, with a nod, “Yeah, that kind of stuff you see in the movies and television shows!” Mina tells TK, “Well, the kind that has people creating man-made gateways into cyberspace.”

 

TK says, with a nod, “No kidding, Mina-chan. I never I see the day that someone created their own way into the ‘cyber world’.”

 

Ken says, “It shows how great a mind that Kayaba had…and how much he wasted it.”

 

Tai says, with a nod, “Big time.”

 

Darien says, “However, it may be his legacy that’s causing this disaster and helping us stop it.”

 

Amara tells Seijirou, “So, you think that the SAO servers were stolen long ago?”

 

Seijirou says, “Based on the evidence, it is believed so. It didn’t affect the reintroduction of ALO since Ymir brought the ALO data in which the data in the ALO servers including the old SAO data from the SAO servers which may be a part of this.”

 

Kazuto asks, “What was Kayaba doing with that feature in the SAO servers?”

 

Izzy says, “That’s a good idea, Kazuto.”

 

Trista says, “I believe that it is valid to say that whoever is doing is trying to find out.”

 

Asuna says, “This is terrible. They are using the players to try to find out the secret hidden in that one part of the server.”

 

Sora asks, curiously, “What could have Kayaba hidden in there?”

 

Matt says, “Whatever it is, we can’t let anyone else get their hands on it.”

 

Raye asks, “Do you think that this wacky idea could work?”

 

Amara says, “Well, it might be our only way in. Someone, they are able to block us from entering that world and the SAO servers might have something to do with it.”

 

Hotaru asks, “But none of us were part of SAO, Amara-papa. How could they do it?”

 

Amara says, “ALO was based off SAO and they might have found a way to access ALO in order to get what they need to keep us out.”

 

TK asks, curiously, “But how would they know to target you specifically?”

 

Ken says, “With us, I think that it is a done deal since the Digidestined, the Digimon, and the Digital World have become well-known.”

 

Asuna says, “There is also the fact that Kotone-san was allowed to go in despite her being an SAO survivor herself.”

 

Kazuto says, “That’s a good point, Asuna. There is a lot of things that doesn’t make sense.”

 

Tai says, “And those that do aren’t good at all.”

 

Raye says, “Anyway, Argo managed to contact them.”

 

Lita says, “Yeah, but the news isn’t good. Every time that they ‘die’, they seem to lose a piece of their memories.”

 

Matt says, “And based on what Argo said, it is how the other players are losing their memories. Every time that they ‘die’ and get ‘revived’, it is how they lose those memories.”

 

Mina asks, “What would they want with player’s memories?”

 

Michelle says, “They might be learning on how to manipulate them.”

 

Kazuto says, “If Sugou has a hand in this, he was already deep into his sick research and I think that he would know this by now.”

 

Tai says, “Well, Kazuto, you did really bust up his operation.”

 

Ken says, “And despite how good his memory is, he couldn’t have kept all of his research in his mind.”

 

Serena says, “I have to agree with Kazuto. There is more to this than meets the eye.”

 

Asuna says, with a nod, “I agree. I think that there is more to this than simple ‘memory manipulation’. If it is Sugou, he wants something from that ‘hidden part’ of the SAO server and taking those memories is a part of it.”

 

Kazuto says, “I think so too.”

 

Mimi asks, curiously and concerned, “What if Suguha, Davis, and Kari lose all of their memories?”

 

TK says, “I don’t want to even think about that Mimi.”

 

Ken says, “Same here TK.”

 

Tai says, with a nod, “Agreed.”

 

Kazuto says, nodding his head, “We need to start testing the virtualization process right away.”

 

Ami says, “I know that you and Serena are worried for Suguha, Davis, and Kari, but we can’t help them scattered all over cyber space.”

 

Kazuto says, with a sigh, “I know. However, knowing that Sugu has already lost her memories of my name…”

 

Serena says, with a nod, “I know, Kazuto. She is a strong person. She’ll fight her way through this.”

 

Kazuto says, nodding his head, “Sugu is strong.” Kazuto thinks in his mind, concerned, “But I think that she has gotten in over her head with this one. Please just hold out a bit longer, Sugu. You, Davis, and Kari have got to remain strong. We’re on our way.”

 

Late September 2025, Sword Art World, Level 55

 

Leafa, Dai, and Akari are assembled together in the main city of Sword Art World’s fifty-fifth level which is a massive industrial style city known as Metallica and they are discussing something.

 

Dai says, “No luck at all.”

 

Akari says, “It has been a long time. I really hope that the worst hasn’t happen to her.”

 

Leafa tells Akari, “I hope so too, Akari.”

 

Just then familiar female voice shouts out, “Leafa! Dai! Akari!” Everyone then looks to see Strea walking up with a young lady with orange hair, blue eyes, and wearing a blue skirt with matching violet skirt with an armored chest plate, grey armored elbow pads, brown fingerless gloves, and black armored plated boots that goes up to just below her knees in which she has a belt for a One-Handed Sword in its sheath around her waist.

 

Akari yells out, “Hey, Maron.”

 

The orange haired female player yells out, “Akari! Hey, girl!”

 

Leafa tells the female player, with a smile, “So good to see you, Maron.”

 

The female player, Maron, responds, “It is wonderful to see you too Leafa!”

 

Dai looks beyond Strea and Maron and he asks, “What’s with the big crowd?”

 

Strea says, “Some big shot named Alberich arrived.”

 

Akari asks, “Alberich?”

 

Leafa says, “I’ve heard of him. He has been making a name for himself with incredible strength and speed.”

 

Dai says, with a nod, “That’s the guy. He runs a guild called the ‘Gilded Gems’.”

 

Akari says, “Weird name if you ask me.”


Maron says, pointing to a player, “There he is!” The player that Maron is pointing to is a handsome young man with blond hair, violet eyes, and wearing white, golden, and violet clothing with violet jewel on the top.

 

Akari asks, “Is that Alberich?”

 

Maron says, with a nod, “Yep! He is quite amazing! He must have really gotten lucky to get his avatar to look like that.”

 

Leafa thinks in her mind, seriously, “What is this uncomfortable feeling that I’m getting from this guy?”

 

Dai looks at Leafa and he thinks, “Is Leafa getting the same feeling as I am?”

 

Strea says, “He looks like a big shot.”

 

Dai says, “Well, his guild is one of the top guilds in the game, Strea.”

 

Strea says, with a curious tone, “Wow. He must be good.”

 

Akari says, “Well, they are going to have to be since we are past level fifty castle by now.”

 

Maron says, with a nod, “Yeah, Akari. The monsters are going to get harder, the ‘worlds’ are going to be more difficult, and the bosses might be a nightmare.”

 

Dai says, sarcastically, “No kidding.”

 

Maron says, with a smile, “Well, I think that Alberich and his guild will be a leader in the charge through the next floors.”

 

Leafa asks Maron, “You think so?”

 

Maron asks, “With how he is, how can you doubt him Leafa-chan?”

 

Leafa thinks in her mind, “For a lot of reasons, Maron.”

 

Strea says, with a smile, “Anyway, let’s forget about Alberich and his people! Let’s get out and clear the floors.”

 

Akari says, with a smile, “Okay, Strea.”

 

Maron says, “Well, I’ll see you later. I’m going to get my weapon upgraded.”

 

Leafa says, “Okay, Maron.” Soon after, Leafa, Dai, Akari, and Strea take off to ‘conquer’ the next level in which what they seemly don’t know is that Alberich is glancing at them.

 

Late September 2025, Future Divers headquarters

 

Right now, Kazuto, Asuna, Rika, Keiko, Darien, our Sailor Scouts, and our Digidestined and their Digimon are walking down the hallways in which Rika and Keiko look like they are in deep thought and they are looking at each other.

 

Flashback; Previous Evening

 

Keiko and Rika find themselves within a strange temple that shows off various pictures and murals that have important events in Duel Monsters history.

 

Keiko asks, “Where are we?”

 

Rika says, “I don’t know…” Rika gasps and she yells out, “Keiko, your clothing!” Keiko then looks down at herself and she gasps to see the outfit that she wore in SAO, the one that she while going with Kazuto/Kirito to Floor 47, with an Ebon Dagger to match.

 

Keiko asks, shocked, “My SAO outfit?” When Keiko looks at Rika, she says, “Liz…Rika-san, your clothing! You look like Liz!” Rika then looks over herself and she yelps to see her trademark outfit from SAO on her.

 

Rika asks, “What’s going on here?”

 

Keiko says, nervously, “You don’t think…”

 

Rika responds, “No way! Take a look! There was nothing in SAO on Duel Monsters!”

 

Keiko says, with a nod, “You have a point, Liz…I mean Rika!”

 

Rika asks, “Where are we?” Just then an orb of light appears and spins by them before stopping in front of them.

 

Keiko asks, “What is that?”

 

Rika responds, “You are asking me Keiko?” Just then the orb races off into the distance.

 

Keiko says, “I think that orb wants us to follow it.”

 

Keiko races off after the orb and Rika yells out, “Hey, Keiko! Keiko!” Rika puts her hands to her sides and she says, with a sigh, “Oh, geez.” Rika then follows Keiko, who is following the orb, until they get to a part of the structure where they find pictures of Atlantis, the Legendary Dragons/Knights, and battles of Yugi/Atem and their friends against the Great Leviathan and the Orichalcos.

 

Keiko asks, “What is this?”

 

Just then a deep male voice says, coming from the orb, “This is a great battle that happened in ages past and decades past.” Soon after, the ‘orb’ glows before it transforms into Kaibaman.

 

Rika says, “Hey! You’re Kaibaman!”

 

Kaibaman responds, plainly, “You remember me? I’m touched…Well, not exactly.”

 

Rika says, sarcastically, “Nice greeting, pal.”

 

Kaibaman says, “The two of you and I aren’t here for idle chit chat. We have business to discuss.”

 

Keiko asks, “Business?”

 

Kaibaman says, “You already have seen the struggle going on in your world and in the city that you consider home. The worst is yet to come.”

 

Rika asks, stunned, “What?”

 

Kaibaman says, “You heard me. The ancient struggle between Sailor Celestial and her former Silver Millennium father shall swing the gates of worlds wide open!”

 

Keiko asks, “Gate of the worlds?”

 

Rika responds, “What are you talking about?”

 

Kaibaman says, “It is as you already know: Sword Art Online was just the beginning and you have your roles to play.”

 

Keiko asks, surprised, “Us?”

 

Kaibaman says, “Indeed, young human. The Legendary Knights of Atlantis and I shall now grant you our power. Use it wisely.”

 

Soon after, Rika and Keiko are engulfed in a bright light and Rika shouts out, “Hold on! What are you talking about?!” Kaibaman doesn’t responds as Keiko and Rika are engulfed in that light.

 

End Flashback; Return to the Present

 

As our group continues to walk down the hallway, Keiko and Rika take out two unusual cards known as ‘The Claw of Hermos’ and ‘The Fang of Critias’ and they look at them.

 

Keiko whispers to Rika, “I can’t believe that was more than a dream.”


Rika whispers back, “You and me both, Keiko. Now, I’m more worried about this whole situation.”

 

Keiko whispers, “When Trista told us about the Legendary Knights?”

 

Rika whispers back, “No kidding. Those powerful knights sealed the powers of their ‘dragon forms’ into these cards and now, we have two of them. It just says: Big trouble in the future.”

 

Keiko says, in a whisper, “And now, I have Blue-Eyes White Dragons like Serena-chan. I really like them since they remind me of Pina…at least in color.” As they approach the room with the virtualization equipment, Keiko draws her Legendary Dragon card and she moves to pick it up while the others enter the room. However, after she gets it and makes sure that it isn’t damaged, Keiko hears screams coming from the room and she runs into the room in which she finds everyone else trapped in a force-field and on their knees as if pinned to the floor. Keiko asks, stunned, “Everyone?”

 

Asuna says, “Keiko-chan, don’t…come here!”

 

Lita says, “It’s a trap!”

 

Just then a sinister female voice says, “Oops. I missed one.” Keiko then looks to see none other than Rosalia, the leader of the Titan’s Hand criminal guild of SAO, walk up from the shadows.

 

Keiko asks, stunned, “Rosalia?!”

 

‘Rosalia’ responds, “Actually, it is Rosa. Well, if it isn’t little Silica, I was hoping to run into you someday.” Rosalia, whose real name is Rosa, yells out, “I’ve been waiting for the day that I get payback against you, you little brat! It is thanks to you and your little friends, the Black Swordsman and White Valkyrie, I had to rot in prison until the game was over!”

 

Serena says, with a growl, “You did it…to yourself…Rosa…you murdered people…for money…game money!!”

 

Rosa says, with a sneer, “Shut it, pigtails. I’ll get to you soon enough ‘White Valkyrie’. Oh, yes! I recognize your voice anywhere and I know it is you!” Rosa says, with a sinister smile, “And what better way to make you and your Black Swordsman best friend suffer by watching your little ‘dragon tamer’ friend suffer!”

 

Kazuto says, “Leave her out of this! Your fight is with us!”

 

Rosa says, with a smirk, “Don’t worry, swordsman. I’ll get to you and your pigtail friend soon enough.”


Asuna says, weakly, “Silica-chan…Run!”

 

Rosa says, with a grin, “I don’t think so!” Just then the door slams behind them and some kind of energy field surrounds the door in which Rosa says, with a grin, “That force field is unbreakable little brat and it won’t open unless you beat me in a duel!”

 

Keiko asks, surprised, “Duel?”

 

Rosa says, “That’s right! Is there an echo in here? You need to duel me to escape!” Rosa then takes out a Neo Domino City Duel Disk, throws it to Keiko, who catches it, and she attaches one on her left wrist, putting a dueling deck inside. Rosa says, with a wicked smile, “However, it won’t be a friendly little game. This will be a Shadow Duel and the loser gets sent into a place of darkness where their spirit is tortured for all eternity: The Shadow Realm!”

 

Keiko asks, nervously, “Shadow Realm?”

 

Rosa says, with a wicked smile, “You got it, little brat! And unlike SAO, there is no coming back!”

 

Rika says, weakly, “Don’t do it, Keiko…!!”

 

Rosa says, “You better since your friends are trapped and if you want to save your precious swordsman’s sister!”

 

Serena says, weakly, “Keiko…”

 

Keiko thinks in her mind, “What can I do? Kazuto, Serena, and the others are in danger!” Keiko then looks at her new card, shakes her head, and she thinks, “No! Kirito…Kazuto and Serena saved me and helped me get back Pina in SAO! This time, I can save them!” Keiko then attaches the duel disk to her left wrist, inserts her dueling deck inside, puts The Fang of Critias in her deck, and activates her duel disk.

 

Rosa says, with a grin, “Well, the little brat has a backbone, huh? Let’s see how long that lasts!” Rosa activates her duel disk, Keiko’s and Rika’s decks are shuffled, and their life-point counters display 4000 life-points for each duelist as a violet ‘fog’ comes into the room.

 

Keiko asks, confused, “What’s this?”

 

Rosa says, with a sinister smile, “I told that this is a Shadow Game, right? Get ready for something that makes SAO look like a walk in the park!”

 

Keiko says, trying to sound brave, “I’m not scared!”

 

Rosa responds, “That will change.”

 

As Rosa and Keiko draw five cards from their decks, Rika says, weakly, “Keiko…”

 

Matt says, weakly, “We have got…to do something…”

 

Yolei says, sarcastically, “I could…if I could move, Matt…”

 

“Duel!” Rosa and Keiko say in unison as their duel starts.

 

Starting Scores:

Keiko: 4000

Rosa: 4000

 

Keiko says, drawing a card, “I’ll take the first turn.”

 

Rosa says, with an evil grin, “You’ll need the head start, brat!”

 

Keiko says, looking at her hand, “Let’s see.” Keiko says, putting one card on her duel disk, “I play Baby Dragon in defense mode.” Baby Dragon (1200/700) appears on the field in defense mode and Keiko says, “And that ends my turn.”

 

Rosa says, “Ah, look at the little bratty dragon. I’ll take care of him!” Rosa says, drawing a card, “My turn!” Rosa says, putting one card on her duel disk, “Now, I play a real monster! Gorlag in attack mode!” Soon after, Gorlag (1000/1000) appears on the field in attack mode and Rosa says, with a grin, “And he gains five hundred attack points for every Fire monster on the field including himself!” Gorlag’s body ‘flames on’ as he goes from 1000/1000 to 1500/1000 and Rosa yells out, “Now, Gorlag, put down her dragon!” Gorlag uses a fire sword to cut down Baby Dragon, but since it was in defense mode, Keiko doesn’t lose any life-points. Rosa says, with a grin, “But there’s more. When the battle phase is over, I get the monster that Gorlag destroys and it becomes a Fire attribute monster!” Just then Baby Dragon (1200/700) appears on Rosa’s field in attack mode, but it appears in a daze as if under a spell and Gorlag goes from 1500/1000 to 2000/1000.

 

Keiko says, worriedly, “Oh no.”

 

Rosa says, with a grin, “You should be worried, little brat.” Rosa says, putting one card into the spell/trap slots, “I end my turn.”

 

Keiko says, drawing a card, “My turn.”

 

Keiko looks at her cards, nervously, and Rosa says, with a smirk, “Let’s see a girl who just stood there in fear while the big bad Black Swordsman took all of the punishment can do.”

 

Keiko winches and Rika says, weakly, “Don’t listen to her…”

 

Kazuto says, “You can do it…Keiko…”

 

Serena says, “You have to believe in yourself…”

 

Keiko thinks in her mind, “I’ve got to believe in myself. Kazuto…Asuna…Serena…Rika…They are all counting on me!” Keiko puts one card on her duel disk and she yells out, “I play my Spirit Ryu in attack mode!” Soon after, Spirit Ryu (1000/1000) appears on the field in attack mode.

 

Rosa asks, with a smirk, “Is that all?”

 

Keiko says, putting one card into the spell/trap slots, “Next, I activate my Stamping Destruction! Since there is a dragon monster on my field, I can destroy one spell or trap card and its owner takes five hundred points of damage!” A dragon’s foot smashes Rosa’s face-down card and she growls as she loses 500 life-points.

 

Rosa yells out, annoyed, “Well, your dragon can’t be my monsters!”

 

Keiko says, with a smile, “Spirit Ryu, attack her Gorlag!” As Spirit Ryu moves in to attack, Keiko says, “And now, I use her ability! During battle, I can send one dragon monster from my hand to the graveyard in order to boost Spirit Ryu’s attack points by one thousand per dragon!” Keiko then displays three Blue-Eyes White Dragon (3000/2500 X 3) monster cards and she says, “And now, I send my three Blue-Eyes White Dragons to the grave to boost my Ryu’s attack and defense points by three thousand!”

 

Rosa shouts out, stunned, “Where did a brat like you get those cards?!” Keiko discards her Blue-Eyes White Dragon cards, her Spirit Ryu goes from 1000/1000 to 4000/4000, and it unleashes its attack that slams into Gorlag causing him to get vaporized in a strong explosion along with Baby Dragon in which Rosa yells out in pain as she loses 2000 life-points.

 

TK says, with a smirk, “She did it!” When the smoke and dust clear, everyone gasps to see over half of Rosa’s body has mysteriously vanished.

 

Keiko asks, “What happened to you?”

 

Rosa responds, with a snarl, “That’s what happens in a Shadow Game! With every life-point lost, you will get slowly dragged into the Shadow Realm and the loser will remain there forever.”

 

Amara says, “You’re insane.”

 

Rosa says, with a sinister smile, “Insane as a fox and this little wench is going into the Shadow Realm for good!”

 

Keiko says, nervously yet trying to look confident, “I end my turn.”

 

Current Score:

Keiko: 4000

Rosa: 150 0

 

Rosa says, drawing a card, “My turn!” Rosa says, putting one card into the spell/trap slots, “And I activate my Aetonyx Flame!” Just then a massive flame comes to the field and destroys Spirit Ryu in which Rosa says, with an evil grin, “My flame destroys all non-Fire monsters and now, I can return one from my graveyard to the field!” Soon after, Gorlag (1000/1000-1500/1000) returns to the field in attack mode and Rosa says, putting another card into the spell/trap slots, “Then I play my Aetonyx Phoenix!” Just then a burst of flames comes from Keiko’s graveyard and goes onto Rosa’s field in which three Blue-Eyes White Dragons (3000/2500 X 3) appear on her field in attack mode.

 

Keiko yells out, stunned, “My Blue-Eyes!”

 

Rosa says, with an evil smile, “Are mine! Thanks to my Aetonyx Phoenix, since I have a Fire monster on my field, any monsters that were sent to the graveyard and weren’t on the field on the previous turn, I can revive them on my field as Fire monsters!” Keiko gasps and Rosa says, with sick smile, “And that means that my Gorlag gets even more power!” Gorlag goes from 1500/1000 to 3000/1000 and Rosa says, putting one more card into the spell/trap slots, “Don’t worry, due to my Aetonyx Flame, my monsters can’t attack this turn! However, thanks to my Aetonyx Revenge, you lose one hundred life-points times the combined levels of all Fire monsters out on the field since they didn’t attack this turn!” Keiko screams out as she is blasted by an intense flame as she loses 2800 life-points.

 

Kazuto says, weakly, “No…”

 

Serena says, weakly, “Keiko…”

 

Asuna says, “You coward…”

 

Much of Keiko’s body fades away and she says, fearfully, “My body!”

 

Rosa says, with an evil smirk, “That’s right! It is going off to the shadows never to return! Why don’t you give it up already? You are going to lose little girl! Without your precious ‘Black Swordsman’ or ‘White Valkyrie’ as well as any of your friends, you can’t do anything!”

 

Serena says, weakly, “Don’t listen to her Keiko.”

 

Rika says, “Don’t give up.”

 

Keiko says, getting over her panic, “Even what you say is true, I can’t just give up! Kirito…Kazuto and Serena risk it all to save all of us from SAO! They risked their lives for players like me! I can’t do less of the same for my friends!”

 

Rosa says, with a smirk, “Then all you are going to experience is the agony and pain of defeat before you are swallowed by the darkness for good!”

 

Current Score:

Keiko: 1200

Rosa: 1500

 

Keiko says, drawing a card, “I draw.” Keiko’s eyes widen at the sight of her draw, she looks at the other card in her hand, and she says, putting the card into the spell/trap slots, “I play my Fang of Critias!” Just then a giant black-blue dragon appears on the field.

 

Rosa yells out, flabbergasted, “I haven’t heard of that card!”

 

Keiko says, displaying her Crush Card Virus trap card in her hand, “And now, I combined my new friend with my Crush Card Virus!” An image of the Crush Card Virus trap card appears on the field and goes into a fusion vortex with Critias, the black-blue dragon.

 

Rosa says, stunned, “No way! You can’t combine a monster with a trap card!”

 

A new Fusion Monster card appears on Keiko’s duel disk and she yells out, “And now, I play my Doom Virus Dragon!” Out of the vortex, Doom Virus Dragon (1900/1500), a dark violet dragon monster, appears on the field in attack mode.

 

Rosa says, with a smile, “Your monster has only less than two thousand attack points.”


Keiko says, with a smile, “However, for the next three turns, he destroys all monsters on the field and in your hand that are fifteen hundred or more.” Rosa gasps as dark vines come out of Doom Virus Dragon, wrap up all four monsters on the field, and destroy them.

 

Rosa yells out, stunned, “No, I’m defenseless!”

 

Keiko yells out, “Doom Virus, attack!” Doom Virus unleashes an acid attack on Rosa and she screams out as she is engulfed by it as she loses 1900 life-points as well as the duel.

 

Final Score:

Keiko: 1200

Rosa: 0

 

With the end of the duel, the ‘Solid Vision projections’ vanish and our heroes and heroines are free from the force-field in which they get to their feet.

 

Lita says, “We’re free!” Everyone then hears a scream and they look to see Rosa dragged into the Shadow Realm in which she only leaves a golden ring shaped like Millennium Symbol causing the ‘fog’ to fade away.

 

Mina asks, shocked, “What happened to her?”

 

Trista responds, “She got dragged into the Shadow Realm where her spirit will suffer constant torment in the darkness.”

 

Amara says, “Good punishment for a sicko like her.” On the meanwhile, Keiko falls down to her knees in which Kazuto, Serena, Asuna, and Rika go over to her.

 

Asuna asks Keiko, “Keiko, are you okay?”

 

Keiko says, with a weak smile, “I’m okay…”

 

Rika says, with a grin, “How are you so tried? You are the big hero!”

 

Keiko says, with a weak smile, “No, I’m not. I just did what Kazuto would have done.”

 

Kazuto tells Keiko, with a grin, “Well, you did a great job, Keiko.”

 

Serena says, with a smile, “We’re all proud of you.”

 

Keiko says, with a smile, “Thank you, Serena.” Kazuto and Asuna help Keiko back to her feet while Ami and Izzy get over to the computers.

 

Ami says, shocked, “Oh no!”

 

Everyone looks over to Ami and Izzy and Matt asks, “What’s wrong?”

 

Izzy says, “Someone is trying to infiltrate our computers and hack into our database!”

 

There are gasps and Tai asks, stunned, “What?”

 

Kazuto and Trista run over there and Kazuto says, seeing the screens, “Rosa was just a distraction! Someone is trying to destroy our work on the virtualization and prevent us from getting into SAW!”

 

There are gasps and Serena says, concerned, “Oh no!”

 

Asuna asks, “Kirito-kun, can you and the others stop it?”

 

Izzy responds, “They are too deep into the system…Huh?”

 

Tai asks, “Now what?”

 

Izzy says, “They were thrown out! Something or someone just ‘tossed out’ the hackers!”

 

Michelle asks, “Someone else did?”

 

Kazuto says, “But it looks like these people are also hackers…Hold on! They are sending us data!”

 

Serena asks Kazuto, “They are?”

 

Ami says, with a nod, “Yes…” Ami’s eyes widen and she says, amazed, “Incredible! They just…They just finished the work for us!”

 

There are gasps and Hotaru asks, “They did Ami-chan?”

 

Izzy responds, “Ami’s right! These calculations and such are just what we needed! I think…No, I know that they will work perfectly!”

 

Tai says, “Well, what are you waiting for? Start testing them already!” Soon after, the group tests the virtualization chambers by transporting objects in and out of a ‘virtual matrix’ that they set up and it worked without a single error or ‘complication’.

 

Kazuto says, excitedly, “It worked!”

 

Izzy says, “Here it did. And it was just an object. We need to test to make sure that living beings can handle the ‘digitalization’, but we are now one step closer.”

 

Sora says, “That’s great, Izzy.”

 

Biyomon says, with a nod, “Yeah.”

 

Raye says, “But we still have a ways to go.”

 

Amara says, “Not to mention that our enemy may already know what we are doing.”

 

Mimi asks, “But what about the person that just helped us?”

 

Palmon says, “I don’t know Mimi.”

 

Raye asks, “The big worrying questions are: Who knows about this situation to know what’s happening, knows what we are doing, and why are they helping us?”

 

Amara says, with a nod, “Good point, Raye.”

 

Darien says, nodding his head in agreement, “I have to agree. If someone else beyond Seijirou and Tokyu knows about the situation, their reasoning for assisting us leaves me wondering why.”

 

Kazuto says, “I know, Darien. However, we may not be in a position to not take this ‘gift’.”

 

Tai says, “As much as I hate to admit it, Kazuto has a point.” Plenty of the others nod their heads in agreement in which they continue on this project, but plenty wonder about who helped them and why.

 

Late September 2025, Neo Domino City

 

Inside of the office within Neo Domino City, Lazar is looking at his personal office computer and he turns it off in which he looks outside.

 

Lazar says, with a sly smile, “Don’t waste my gift, my friends. And good luck, you are going to need it.” Lazar then gives his classic creepy snicker as he looks out his window into the city.

 

End of Chapter 16

 

(Sword Art Online closing theme ‘Yume Sekai’ starts)

 

As the scene floats down in front of us, we see the Moon Palace in front of a massive lake where instead of the palace, Aincrad is being reflected by the pool of water instead of the Moon Palace. As Aincrad is being shown, we see Kirito, Usagi, and Asuna, in their SAO forms with their ALO forms behind them, floating down and as we float down, we see Suguha Kirigaya surrounded by her ALO avatar of Leaf and as Eternal Sailor Celestial with the form of someone that looks like Princess Serenity, but with Sailor Celestial’s sigils on her forehead. And finally, we float down to see Davis Motomiya, in his Kirito’s style outfit, and Kari Kamiya, in her version of Asuna’s KOB outfit, together surrounded by the three Egyptian God Cards, the Sacred Beasts, Signer Dragons, and many more ‘out of the ordinary’ Duel Monsters including the Aesir.

 

The final scene appears where it shows Kazuto, Serena, Asuna, Suguha, Davis, and Kari surrounded by all of their friends, comrades, and/or loved ones: The Sailor Scouts, Tuxedo Mask, Digidestined and their Digimon partners, Rika, Keiko, Andrew, and Ryoutarou.

 

Preview (Leafa’s voice)

 

“Next time: An Accelerated Hollow Adventure.”

 

Well, with the end of this chapter, you can see that I’m putting plenty of elements from the game ‘Hollow Fragment’ into this fanfiction, so, you have a good idea on what might be happening next. However, you are going to have to read and find out, folks! And I also decided that Keiko/Silica was going to be the ‘big heroine’ in this chapter for a nice twist! Pretty good, huh? Anyway, keeping reading and telling me what you think, but no flames please! Later and best wishes, Crossover Fans!