Digimon Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon Online: Shadow of Aincrad ❯ An Accelerated Hollow Adventure ( Chapter 17 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
We’ve arrived in the next part of the story and I can tell you that Philia and Strea do have their important roles to play in this story, but you are just going to have to read and find out. And also, you can expect a pretty special surprise that’s going to happen in this chapter, everyone. I know that I’m repeating this same thing over and over again, but I would like to give thanks and credit to Belletiger and Kanius and Kanius’ YuYuGiDigiMoon series, especially this author’s The Invasion of the Rajita story, for giving me permission to use the idea of Valkyrie Sailor Soldiers and everything that’s a part of them.

 

I DO NOT OWN Sailor Moon, Sword Art Online, Accel World, Digimon series, Yu-Gi-Oh R/GX/5Ds/Zexal/Arc-V, Gundam series, including Gundam Build Fighters, Sekirei, Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed, Senran Kagura, Dead or Alive, Ninja Gaiden, Tenchi Muyo series, Ronin Warriors, Dot-hack series, Naruto, World of Warcraft series, Power Rangers series, Tron, Code Lyoko, Rave Master, Mouse, and anything/anyone that comes from these and other stories that end up in this fanfiction! Sailor Moon is owned/licensed by Naoko Takeuchi and its various studios and publishers, Sword Art Online is owned/licensed by ASCII Media Works, A-1 Pictures Inc., and its various directors/publishers including Reki Kawahara and Tomohiko Itō, and Digimon is owned/licensed by Toei Animation and its various directors, including Hiroyuki Kakudo, Yu-Gi-Oh is owned/licensed by Kazuki Takahashi, Toei Animation, and Studio Gallop, Yu-Gi-Oh GX is owned/licensed by Naoyuki Kageyama, Studio Gallop and its various directors, Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds is owned/licensed by Katsumi Ono and Studio Gallop!

 

Warning: This story contains intense violence, blood, possible gore, death, mild to explicit suggestive themes, including mind-control and brainwashing, mild to explicit bad language, and mature adult themes/situations!

 

Second Warning: Some to a lot of OOC (Out of Character) actions and mannerisms in this whole story!

 

Mid-September 2025, Sword Art World, Unknown location

 

Somewhere within Sword Art World, we find ourselves within a vast area filled with grasslands, forests, mountains, and whatnot found in SAW, but it is completely unlike any floor of the floating castle of Aincrad in which there is a teleport effect, a blue sphere of light, and when the light fades, we find Philia and she looks around in a confused state.

 

Philia, asks, as she looks around, “What’s going on?” Philia asks, confused, “Where am I? I was looking around for those people that are trapped in here like me when I was engulfed in a bright light.” Philia then uses her menu to try to message Argo and finds that it won’t work. Philia says, “I must be in a dungeon area, but wait! This doesn’t seem like a dungeon!” Philia starts to look around until there is a glow in front of her in which everyone looks and gasps to see another version of Philia right in front of her. Philia asks, confused, “What?” When the ‘other Philia’ looks at Philia, the ‘other Philia’ looks like she is about to draw a dagger and Philia, her ‘old SAO instincts’ flaring up, reacts in confusion and fear and draws a short sword/dagger that has a straight edge and a jagged edge and charges in. Soon after, the scene cuts out in which we hear the sounds of metal hitting virtual ‘flesh’.

 

Sailor Moon Online: Shadow of Aincrad

 

(Sword Art Online opening theme music ‘Crossing Fields’ starting)

 

As the opening ‘scenes’ being, we find Davis Motomiya, wearing an outfit similar to Kirito’s outfit expect his jacket is flame designed and two swords, an Elucidator and Dark Repulser, strapped to the sides of his waist instead of his back, walking down a street and looking at the sky.

 

Next, we find Kari Kamiya, wearing a pink and red version of Asuna’s Knights of the Blood Oath outfit with Crests of Light instead of crosses and strapped to her waist is a sheath for a rapier with a pink handle and a pearly white blade, also walking down a street and looking back behind her.

 

Then we see Suguha Kirigaya and her ‘alter ego’, Sailor Celestial, with their backs to each other with ‘thin wall of light’ separating the two of them in which the scene spins around as the two of them look at each other where Suguha is at her home on her side of the ‘wall’ while Sailor Celestial is in the Moon Kingdom.

 

All three of them are reaching out into the skies and then the world around them transforms into center of the Town of Beginnings for Sword Art Online in which the ground crumbles around them as those that died on Sword Art Online and more try to drag them into an abyss.

 

The scene then changes where Davis is cutting through legions of ‘monsters’ from SAO and ALO as well as youma in which a legion of Duel Monsters appears with Davis having a dragon similar to Stardust Dragon and another monster, Slifer the Sky Dragon, attack them with powerful strikes.

 

Then Davis is fighting against Heathcliff in which he transforms into the massive GM avatar that he used at the start of SAO in which Davis lands a series of blows before slamming him with Starburst Stream, the classic 16 Duel Wielding Sword Skill combo. Soon after, Kari and Leafa, Suguha’s ALO avatar, run at top speed behind Davis and the two of them leap into the air with Kari hitting the transformation Heathcliff with an attack that looks similar to Linear while Leafa does a forward flip and transforms into Eternal Sailor Celestial, also wielding an Elucidator and Dark Repulser, in which they glow with fire and wind power as Sailor Celestial prepares to attack.

 

Then the scene shows Kazuto as his Sword Art Online avatar of Kirito, Serena as her Sword Art Online avatar as Usagi, Keiko as her Sword Art Online avatar of Silica, and Rika as her Sword Art Online avatar of Lisbeth.

 

The scene then changes with Davis, Kari, Sailor Celestial, Sailor Moon, and Kirito looking over the worlds of Sword Art Online, Alfheim Online, the ‘real world’, the Digital World, and beyond.

 

Then there are displays of Darien/Tuxedo Mask, the Sailor Scouts, the Odiaba Digidestined, and Kayaba/Heathcliff before it switches back to a scene where Sailor Celestial, Davis, and Kari are standing in front of the ‘transformed Heathcliff’ with his back to their backs and cleaved into multiple pieces before exploding into hundreds of data polygons.

 

The final scenes show Kirito and Asuna, in her Knights of the Blood Oath outfit, along with Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask being watched over by Sailor Celestial, Davis and Kari resting in front of a tree, and finally, Asuna’s Lambent Light rapier, Usagi’s Lunar Excelsior one-handed sword, Tuxedo Mask’s cane, Leafa’s ALO katana, and an Elucidator and Dark Repulser swords are all together in a pile with Neo Domino City Duel Disks and Davis’ and Kari’s D-3 digivices ‘attached’ to them.

 

(Sword Art Online opening theme music ‘Crossing Fields’ ending)

 

Chapter 17: An Accelerated Hollow Adventure

 

Late September 2025, Sword Art World, Level 58

 

The fifty-eighth ‘castle world’ of Sword Art World, it is a large mountain and rocky world with small patches of trees and grass at times that surround small pools of water with multiple hot spring areas and it is where we find Dai, Akari, Leafa, and Strea as they are fighting off legions of golem like monsters.

 

Dai asks, “Is it me or have we been attracting the attention of the monsters lately?”

 

Leafa says, “I don’t think that it is you, Dai.”

 

Akari says, nodding her head, “I agree.” Akari yelps as she ducks under a fist attack from the golem monster and she attacks the weak points with her rapier.

 

Strea asks, “Why are these guys picking on us?”

 

Leafa says, “That’s a good question, Strea.” Leafa thinks in her mind, “However, I have a bad feeling why.”

 

Dai asks, “Can you give me a few seconds?”

 

Akari asks, “What are you going to do?”

 

Dai responds, “I’m going to try a new skill that I got recently.”

 

Leafa asks Dai, “You mean THAT Sword Skill?”

 

Dai says, with a nod, “Yep!” Dai shouts out, “Duck!” Leafa then sees a humanoid chameleon monster armed with daggers and Leafa barely manages not get impaled in which the dagger scratches one side of her avatar causing her HP to slightly drop.

 

Strea says, “Take this, you dirty trickster!” Strea then uses her massive Two-Handed Sword to cut the humanoid chameleon monster in half and it shatters into hundreds of data polygons.

 

Akari says, “Nice work, Strea!”

 

Akari dodges a rain of stones from a golem monster and Strea says, with a chuckle, “Thanks, Akari!” The group manages to fight off the monsters and after taking in the experience, items, and money that they have gained from the battle in which they catch their breath.

 

Dai swings two swords around and he says, “Man! I never thought that I would have to use THAT Sword Skill.”

 

Akari asks Dai, “What was that Dai-kun?”

 

Leafa tells Akari, with a smile, “It is an upgrade for the Duel Blades skill: Swashbuckler.”

 

Strea asks, curiously, “Swashbuckler?”

 

Dai says, with a nod, “It is an upgrade of Duel Wielding, Strea. Not only can you wield two of any kind of sword like two rapier, two one-handed curved sword, and such, but your attack also cause nasty debuffs to your opponents.”


Leafa says, with a nod, “Yep! Attack down, defense down, luck down, and whatnot. Weakening their strengths and strengthening their weaknesses.”

 

Akari says, amazed, “Wow!”

 

Strea says, “How did you get it? It’s so awesome!”

 

Dai says, with a shrug, “We got no idea. We just got it recently.”

 

Leafa says, “Most likely, you got to have the Duel Wielding skill and then work on it.”

 

Strea says, with a pout, “Oh, man! I should have gotten the Duel Wielding skill then!”

 

Akari asks Strea, “Don’t you prefer two-handed swords, Strea?”

 

Strea says, with a smile, “Yep! But it sounds like Leafa’s and Dai’s skill is fun!”

 

Leafa says, a bit nervously, “Anyway, we should get going fast before those monsters return.”

 

Dai says, with a nod, “Good idea, Leafa.” The group starts to head off in which a section of the field starts to ‘fizzle’, but it then returns to normal soon after.

 

Early October 2025, Kirigaya household

 

Inside of Kazuto Kirigaya’s room, Kazuto is talking with Yui, who is projected in the room by the special projectors set up by him, Ami, and others.

 

Yui asks, “So, everything is ready daddy?”

 

Kazuto says, “Thanks to that information, the virtualization pods are ready.”

 

Yui tells Kazuto, “Are you sure daddy? You are experimenting with technology that the creator of SAO never even tested and you are using a prototype quantum computer. It is a really powerful super computer.”

 

Kazuto says, “I know, Yui. It is the only way that we could develop the virtualization since it needs a really powerful computer. The prototype quantum computer was in fact also a development of Kayaba too.”

 

Yui asks, “The creator of also created the quantum computer that you are using?”

 

Kazuto says, “Actually, we created it. However, all of the designs and such were created by Kayaba himself.”

 

Kazuto sighs and Yui asks, “What’s wrong daddy?’

 

Kazuto says, “Kayaba could have created an incredible new world and it would have been a world that would have made your Auntie Usagi and especially your daddy really happy, Yui. Instead, he let the past and his obsessions dominate him and he created a nightmare in which a lot of good people suffered including your Auntie Usagi and you, Yui.”

 

Yui tells Kazuto, “I know, daddy. However, right now, we need to focus on saving Auntie Leafa, Dai, and Akari, daddy.”

 

Kazuto says, with a nod, “You’re right, Yui.”

 

Yui tells Kazuto, “Daddy, I can come along…”

 

However, Kazuto responds, interrupting, “No way, Yui! I’m not going to risk you!”

 

Yui responds, “But daddy, I have to best chance of interfacing with the system and figuring out what’s going since it is running a similar if not exact copy of the Cardinal System like ALO. I could be the best chance of finding a way to allow Leafa, Dai, Akari, and the others to return to their bodies. I need to go with you.”

 

Kazuto tells Yui, “I know that you are the best chance and all, but I…”

 

Yui tells Kazuto, “Daddy, please!” When Kazuto looks at Yui, she gives a classic ‘puppy dog eyes’ look that very few parents can ‘ignore’.

 

Kazuto says, with a groan, “Okay, Yui.”

 

Yui says, excitedly, “Thank you, daddy! I promise that I will make you promise.”

 

Kazuto says, with a warm smile, “You always make me proud, Yui.” Kazuto thinks in his mind, with nervousness in his mind, “However, you can be too much for your ‘daddy’, Yui. Asuna is going to kill me for allowing you along, but she also won’t let me hear the end of it knowing that the ‘Black Swordsman’ got beat by classic ‘puppy dog eyes’.”

 

Year 2047 AD, Umesato Junior High School

 

In a future timeline, we find ourselves within a junior high known as Umesato Junior High where we find a group of four people assembled together.

 

The first is a lovely teenage girl of 14 to 15 years of age with a slender figure, large hazel eyes, and long flowing black hair in which she is wearing a black female Japanese school uniform.

 

The second is a male of 13-14 years of age in which he is short of statue, large bulky frame, and brown hair and black eyes in which he is wearing a dark blue male Japanese school uniform.

 

The third is a male of 13-14 years of age with that he is good sized male with short brown hair, blue eyes in front of glasses, and wearing a dark blue male Japanese school uniform.

 

The final person is a young girl of 13-14 years of age with pale pink eyes and brown hair in which she has a pin that is shaped as a cat's face in which she is wearing a female Japanese uniform as the lovely teenage girl.

 

The male with the glasses said, “So, you have seen it too, Haru.”

 

The short male responds, with a nod, “In the blue space, but that’s not possible.”

 

The male with glasses responds, “It shouldn’t be possible.”

 

The short male asks the lovely teenage girl with black hair, “What do you think Kuroyukihime-sempai?”

 

The black haired female responds, “It shouldn’t be possible unless you are directing with someone, but Chiyuri and I also saw it too.”

 

The brown haired female responds, “Kuroyuki-semapi was showing me around the blue space when I saw it. I was freaked out.”

 

The male with glasses asks the black haired female, “Do you think that it is another Burst Linker master?”

 

The black haired female says, “It doesn’t seems like it…”

 

The black haired female looks in deep thought and the short male asks, “What is it, Kuroyukihime-sempai?”

 

The black haired female responds, “Haruyuki, we should go investigate together. It is the only way that we can figure out what’s going on.”

 

The male with glasses asks, “Do you have an idea?”

 

The black haired female responds, “I might, but we need to go there to find out.” At lunch time, the four of them are assembled together and they attach some kind of connection cables to collar-like devices around their necks and with the words ‘Burst Link’, the world around them seems to freezes with a blue shade in which a small pig, a teenage girl that looks like the black haired teen girl with black clothing and butterfly wings coming of her back, a ‘tin man’ that looks like the tall brown haired male, and the final one is a cat girl version of the brown haired female with a pair of cat ears, a pair of gloves and a pair of shoes that is of a cat's paw in which she is wearing a white dress with a cat's tail.

 

The small pig says, in the short male’s voice, “I don’t see anything.”

 

The tin man says, in the tall male’s voice, “I don’t…” Just the four of them feel something and they look at each other.

 

The small pig asks the black haired ‘butterfly girl’, “Kuroyukihime-sempai, did you feel that?”

 

The ‘butterfly girl’ responds, “Yes, I did.”

 

The ‘cat girl’ asks in the brown female’s voice, “What was that?”

 

The tin man then says, “Master, over there!” The other three then look to see what looks like a distortion.

 

The ‘cat girl’ asks, nervously, “What is that?”

 

The ‘butterfly girl’ says, curiously, “Interesting.”

 

The small pig asks, “What’s going on?”

 

The tin man responds, “I don’t know, Haru. It looks like the accelerated space is getting distorted.”


The small pig replies, “Distorted? But how? Is that even possible Taku?” The tin man doesn’t responds as he looks at the ‘butterfly girl’ as she has a stoic look in her expression.

 

Early October 2025, Future Divers headquarters

 

Within the special room within Future Divers headquarters building containing the special virtualization equipment, Seijirou, Tokyu, and our heroes and heroines are together as they look at the image of Yui in her pixie form on one screen.

 

Asuna tells Kazuto, with a sigh, “I’m not happy that Yui is involved, but I can’t completely blame you for it.”

 

Rika says, with a grin, “Yeah. You have got some wonderful blackmail material, Asuna. The ‘Black Swordsman’ defeated by ‘puppy eyes’.”

 

Kazuto says, with an embarrassed expression, “I’ll try to be a bit sterner as a parent next time.”

 

Asuna says, with a smile and sigh, “I think that it is something that we both need to work on Kirito-kun.”

 

Rika asks, “How much real world money would Argo love to have this info?”

 

Kazuto yells out, “Hey!”

 

Asuna says, “Liz!”


Rika says, “Kidding! Kidding!”

 

Serena asks Rika, “Really?”

 

Tai says, seriously, “Well, what are we waiting for? It’s been nearly two months!”

 

Mimi says, “Well, they have been trapped in the previous ‘virtual world’ for about two years.”

 

Tai’s right eyebrow gives an irritated ‘twitch’ and TK says, “And we’ve had them back here for barely two weeks before this.”

 

Matt says, “I really can’t blame the guy.”

 

Seijirou says, “Well, this is all experimental. Kayaba-sempai developed the theory for the ‘super computer’ that we are using for this technology as well as the theory behind the technology, but while we have tested it, we aren’t sure that it will work.”

 

Tokyu says, “Yeah. While whatever program that they had is against Full-Dive, we aren’t sure if it won’t keep you out despite it you being completely digitize which I’m still getting my head around.”

 

Kazuto tells Tokyu, “To be honest, so are we.”

 

Mina asks, with a sly grin, “So, who get to take the ‘big plunge’?”

 

Raye asks, sarcastically, “Seriously, Mina-chan?”

 

Kazuto says, “I’ll go first.”


Asuna asks, surprised, “Kirito-kun?”

 

Tai says, “I’ll be going with you, bro.”

 

Sora asks, “Tai?”

 

Tai says, “This is Kazuto’s and mine sisters and this is also my successor that we are talking about.”

 

TK tells Tai, “They are my friends too.”

 

Serena says, “And you were my brother in SAO, Kazuto. I’m going with you.”

 

Lita asks Serena, “Serena?”

 

Raye tells Lita, “Are you really surprised by this Lita? Meatball Head and Kazuto shared a powerful experience in SAO. It is like what soldiers experienced on the battlefield.”

 

Amara says, “We may have an idea about it, but we can’t understand since Dumpling couldn’t access her powers and she had to follow the rules of SAO.”

 

Cody says, “It is a bond that we may have a good understanding of, but we may not completely understand.”

 

Asuna tells Kazuto, “I’ll go with you, Kirito-kun.”

 

Kazuto says, surprised, “Asuna…”

 

Asuna responds, “Suguha is your sister and she is a friend too. I don’t give up on any of my friends and comrades.”

 

Just then a female voice shouts out, “Asuna!” Everyone then looks to see Shouzou Yuuki, Asuna’s father, with a tall middle aged woman, but her lovely face, dyed short brown hair, red colored lips, and solid thin female body frame makes her look younger in which this woman has brown eyes and wearing a female business outfit.

 

Asuna asks, surprised, “Mother?”

 

Yolei asks, nervously, “Mother?”

 

Izzy says, “She must be Kyouko Yuuki, Shouzou’s wife.”

 

TK says, with a sigh, “Oh boy.”

 

Seijirou says, with a plain tone, “Shouzou-san, what are you and your wife doing here? This area has been restricted.”

 

Tokyu says, with a groan, “Something tells me that I need to update security.”

 

Mina tells Tokyu, “You think?”

 

Asuna asks, “What are you doing here mother?”

 

The lovely, yet, cold looking middle aged woman, Asuna’s mother, Kyouko, responds, “What do you think Asuna? I’m trying to get you out of this nonsense before you ruin your life.”

 

Asuna responds, “Nonsense? We are trying to save lives here mother.” Kyouko looks at Serena with a nasty glare in which she flinches causing Amara and Darien to glare at her enough causing Kyouko to flinch, but she grabs Asuna’s arm.

 

Kyouko says, “I’ve heard enough of this! You have spent too much time with someone like her and your ridiculous fascination with virtual reality because of that ‘stupid game’…” However, with those words, something in Asuna just snaps and she unexpectedly slaps her mother right in the face, hard!

 

There are a lot of gasps and Keiko says, stunned, “Oh my…”

 

Rika says, nervously, “Uh oh.”

 

Asuna yells out, her face showing great anger, “Stupid game? STUPID GAME?! That’s it mother! I’ve tolerated much from you because I love you so much, but now, you have gone too far! SAO was not a ‘stupid game’! We weren’t just ‘playing around’ in there! It was life and death! We were trapped for two long years in a living nightmare and the greatest person that suffered the most was ‘that girl’, who I believe to be Usagi-chan…I mean Serena-chan! Let me guess mother: Just because Kayaba was her uncle, she has to ‘pay’ for what he has done, right? She is just as much if not more so a victim of Kayaba’s machinations as anyone! She suffered the most from SAO that a person that she once cared for as a second father betrayed her and entrapped her in what was supposed to be a dream come true in which his selfishness turned it into a living nightmare and horror film combined! If Serena-chan and her family have to ‘pay’ for not knowing the truth about Kayaba, then maybe it should be our family that has to pay for not knowing the truth about Sugou, isn’t that what you are saying?”

 

Kyouko yells out, indignantly, “That’s utterly ridiculous and you know it, young lady! Besides it was your father that chose him as your fiancé.”

 

Asuna responds, with a stern tone, “That’s not true and you know it, mother. Father only went along with it since Sugou’s family were friends of the family and he trusted them in which like Serena-chan and her family with Kayaba, Sugou’s family never knew the evil that my brother, Serena-chan, and I saw in him. My brother and I warned you and father again and again, but you brushed it off and father only agreed because he trusted Sugou’s family so much and even he was fooled by Sugou in which Kirito-kun, Serena-chan, and I don’t blame because even Kirito-kun didn’t see his true nature until Sugou exposed himself to show what he truly is.”

 

Kazuto says, with a nod, “And that’s the truth. He exposed his true nature to me because he felt that there was nothing that I could do to stop him.”

 

Seijirou says, “And his arrogance became his downfall.”

 

Kyouko says, sternly, “So, this is what this is about? An ‘I told you so’.”

 

Asuna yells out, strongly, “This is NOT what it is about and you know it, mother!”

 

Kyouko responds, “Young lady…”

 

However, Asuna points her finger at Kyouko’s face and Asuna says, interrupting with a very stern tone, “No, mother, you listen and you listen well. You can never understand how I feel because you never went through SAO like I have, like Serena-chan have, like Kirito-kun has, and like every one of the survivors have! The only ones that could understand us would be soldiers that came from war zones! That what SAO was! It was a ‘war for survival’! As Kayaba said: We die in there, we die in real life!” With tears of anger and sadness in her eyes, Asuna says, “I’ve seen good people die. Maybe they didn’t die like humans should die, but they really died. I can’t believe to imagine what the NervGears did to them when they killed them! Those were good people that had lost everything to Kayaba! And I was nearly one of them! In fact, I was nearly was one of those that died within the first few months. I had gotten all depressed about getting trapped in the game and for failing your expectations by letting my curiosity get the better of me, but I didn’t just want to remain in the Town of Beginnings. So, I went out there just to die to show that I gave it all that I had to escape even though I had felt that none of us trapped in the game were ever going home. So, I went out of there to give it all I got and then fade away like a shooting star.”

 

Shouzou says, shocked, “Asuna…”

 

Asuna says, with a stern tone, “However, Usagi-chan refused to give up on me. When we first met, she was giving all she had to protect other players despite being total strangers to them and even if they could ‘reject’ her if they found out about her ‘connection’ with Kayaba. She risked her life despite us being total strangers because she felt my life was worth something and she, along with Kirito-kun, helped me learn to truly live! I learned a lot of harsh lessons from SAO including how fragile life can truly be and how precious it truly is. I don’t know how I can truly thank them because if it wasn’t for them, I wouldn’t be here and now!” Asuna then gives a weak smile at Serena and Kazuto, who give their own warm smiles at her in return. Asuna then looks at her mother, who has a stunned look on her face, and she says, with a stern tone, “I love you, mother. I love you as I love dad, but I will not allow you to spit on the memories of the good people that suffered and die because of SAO and even through that survived who are also still suffering! I learned about true love and friendship there and Kirito-kun is the person that I love most in which Serena-chan is my best friend in which she is like a sister to me as much as she is to Kirito-kun. And now, her sister is fighting for her life, trapped in something that poor Tokyu-san and the other former SAO beta testers created to honor the memory of their comrades that died there, and put the legacy of Kayaba to bed for good. And most likely, Sugou’s hand is involved in this too! I will not allow him to get away with what he nearly did before and I will not abandon Kirito-kun’s sister, who is also a friend to me! You can yell me at me, ground me, or whatever mother, but I won’t abandon the people that I care in my heart and I won’t allow ‘another SAO’ to ever come about!” Asuna wrenches her arm away from her mother and she stomps towards the virtualization pods.

 

Kyouko shouts out, “Asuna!”

 

Shouzou puts his hand on her shoulder and he says, “Dear, don’t.”

 

Kyouko yells out, “But Shouzou-kun…!!”

 

Shouzou says, in a stern tone, “My love, no!” Kyouko looks at Shouzou, in surprise, and he says, “Kyouko-chan, our Asuna is no longer a little girl. She has become a woman and SAO forced her to become a woman. From what I learned, she was a leader…a great leader. She was forced to grow up as with those that were victims of SAO, Kyouko-chan. It wasn’t a ‘silly little game’. It was a war for survival and we know it. She has experienced things that we have no chance to understand unless you were part of that horror. It has made her into a strong woman and a woman that can’t be controlled or made to do what you want. And you know it, Kyouko-chan. She learned the true value of human life and there is nothing that you can do to stop her. So, please, Kyouko-chan, don’t even try. She is better than you and better than me.” Kyouko’s eyes widen at that and Seijirou steps forward.

 

Seijirou says, “Shouzou-san, I would have to ask you and your wife to leave the area since you are trespassing on ‘private property’ and this is a government sanction operation with the cooperation of Future Divers.” Just then government agents enter the room and surround Asuna’s parents in which Asuna’s mother wants to protest, but a look from her husband causing Kyouko to leave with her husband without causing any ‘stir’. At the virtualization pods, four in all, Asuna gets into the one in the middle while Kazuto gets into the one left of her.

 

Kazuto asks Asuna, “Are you okay?”

 

Asuna gives a sigh and she says, “I never felt so tired in my life, Kirito-kun.” Asuna says, looking at Serena and Kazuto, “I’m so sorry for my mother.”

 

Serena says, with a weak smile, “It’s okay.”

 

Asuna tells Serena, “Please don’t blame yourself, Serena-chan. As I have said before, everyone makes their own choices in life and Kayaba made his. Your suffering is something that I can never forgive him for. It was because you and Kirito-kun that I am the person that I am today and why I’m even here. I owe so much and Suguha is Kirito-kun’s sister and my friend too. The Digital Knights are our comrades and friends too. And if Sugou is involved in this, I won’t let him do what he did to me and what he did to my fellow survivors in the original ALO.”

 

Kazuto tells Asuna, “I understand. I can never forgive Sugou for what he did to you and I won’t let him do it to anyone else especially to Sugu, Davis, and Kari.” Afterwards, Serena, Darien, Kazuto, and Asuna are inside of the four virtualization pods with Izzy at the controls.

 

Tai says, “We’re be right behind you.”

 

Kazuto says, with a nod, “Right.”

 

Keiko says, “Be careful.”

 

Asuna says, with a smile, “We will Keiko-chan.” Ami and Izzy then activate the controls and seal the chambers.

 

Ami says, “Okay, we’re bringing the process.”

 

Izzy says, “Here we go. Keep your fingers crossed.”

 

Mimi asks, “Are fingers and toes all right, Izzy?”

 

Matt says, with a nod, “Better than all right Mimi.”

 

Yolei says, nodding her head, “Yep.”

 

Ami says, activating the pods, “Transfer Kazuto. Transfer Asuna. Transfer Darien. And transfer Serena.” As the quantum computer activates, there is a glow inside of the pods as if engulfs Darien, Serena, Kazuto, and Asuna.

 

Izzy and Ami say in unison, “Virtualization.” They activate the program and Darien, Serena, Asuna, and Kazuto are ‘transformed’ into data as they prepare for their venture to ‘break into’ SAW to rescue Suguha, Davis, Kari, and the others trapped in Sword Art World.

 

Year 2047 AD, Umesato Junior High School

 

Back in the future timeline, we are in the strange virtual ‘blue space’ as the four junior high school students, in their virtual avatar forms, are looking at the distortion of this virtual space.

 

The little pig avatar, Haruyuki, says, seeing something, “Look!” The four of them look to see humanoid figures appear in the distorted space.

 

The ‘cat girl’, Chiyuri, asks, nervously, “What are they?”

 

The ‘tin man’, Takumu, responds, “I don’t know, Chiyuri.”

 

Haruyuki asks, “Other Burst Linkers?”

 

Takumu says, “That’s not possible. We are only together in the same blue space since we are directing Haru. We wouldn’t be able to see other Burst Linkers in here because they would be a separate space.”

 

Kuroyukihime, the ‘butterfly girl’, says, “There is one way to find out. Everyone, check your matching lists.” All four of them bring up screens with eight names on them: Black Lotus, Silver Crow, Cyan Pile, Lime Bell, Kirito, Asuna, Usagi, and Mamoru in which Kirito’s, Asuna’s, Usagi’s, and Mamoru’s names are kind of static like.

 

Haruyuki asks, “Huh?”

 

Takumu says, “You must be seeing the same thing that I’m seeing.”

 

Chiyuri asks, curiously, “So, they are other Burst Linkers?’

 

Takumu says, a bit confused expression, “Well…”

 

Haruyuki says, “We can’t be sure. Remember, our avatar names has a color to it, Chiyuri.”

 

Takumu says, “Haru is right, Chiyuri. Remember. Haru is Silver Crow and I’m Cyan Pile.”

 

Haruyuki says, “Kuroyukihime-sempai is Black Lotus and you are Lime Bell.”

 

Chiyuri asks, curiously and confused, “So, if they are Burst Linkers? Why don’t they have color in their names?”

 

Haruyuki says, confused, “That’s a good question.”

 

Takumu says, also giving a confused look, “You aren’t kidding, Haru.” Takumu looks at Kuroyukihime and he asks, “Master?” Haruyuki and Chiyuri look to see Kuroyukihime in deep thought.

 

Haruyuki asks, “Kuroyukihime-sempai?”

 

Kuroyukihime takes a deep breath and she says, “Let’s find out who they are.”

 

Takumu asks, “Are you sure, Master?’

 

Kuroyukihime responds, “Yes, I am. If they are causing this distortion, we aren’t sure how they are or what their intentions are. There could also be a danger to the whole Accelerated World since the distortion might cause damage to it and we aren’t sure what it will do it and all of the Burst Linkers connected to it.”

 

Takumu says, with a nod, “You have a point, Master. If anything happens to the Accelerated World, the Brain Burst program might go with it and we can’t be sure of the effects on all Burst Linkers. Remember when a Burst Linkers loses Brain Burst, they lose all of their memories of it and can’t get it back. In a way, a part of them died, but if the Accelerated World is destroyed, we can’t be sure what could happen to all Burst Linkers if that happened including us.”

 

Haruyuki yelps nervously and Kuroyukihime says, with a nod, “Agreed. Each one of us will duel each one of these ‘intruders’ and figure out who they are and their intentions.” Kuroyukihime tells Chiyuri, “Chiyuri, you have to remember that you are a very rare healing type and not a fighter like the rest of us.”

 

Chiyuri says, “No way! I choose to get this Brain Burst to join you and I’m not going to back down from this. Let’s do it!”

 

Takumu says, with a smile, “I think that Chiyuri will be fine, Master. She is a green and they have the best defense.”

 

Kuroyukihime says, with a smile, “I believe so.”

 

Haruyuki says, “Stay safe, Chiyuri.”

 

Chiyuri says, “You and Taku better do the same or I won’t forgive you if you lose and lose your memories of this.”

 

Takumu says, with a grin, “Not a chance, Chiyuri.”

 

Kuroyukihime says, “Choose your opponent everyone. I will take ‘Usagi’.”

 

Haruyuki says, “I’ll take ‘Kirito’.”

 

Chiyuri says, “Okay, I’ll take ‘Asuna’.”

 

Takumu says, “Then ‘Mamoru’ is mine.” All four of them push the ‘duel’ button on their lists at the same time in which all four of them transform into metallic humanoid avatars.

 

Kuroyukihime’s avatar is a black metallic female humanoid avatar with violet visor-like face with blade-like arms and ‘feet’. In this form, she is known as Black Lotus.

 

Haruyuki’s avatar is a skinny silver metallic humanoid avatar with a green-like circle visor-like face and blade-like wings coming out of his back. In this form, he is known as Silver Crow.

 

Takumu’s avatar is a deep blue bulky metallic humanoid avatar designed like a knight and his ‘face’ looks like a kendo mask in which he has a mechanical lance attached to his right arm. Takumu’s name in this form is Cyan Pile.

 

Chiyuri’s avatar is a short deep green metallic female humanoid body that seems more natural than the others in which she wears a large green hat with a single leaf attached to it with a yellow cape. Her name in this avatar is Lime Bell.

 

(A/N: From now on, I’m going to be calling the Accel World characters by their ‘Duel Avatar’ names instead of their real world names.)

 

The four of them are together and Silver Crow asks, surprised, “Wait! What’s going on here? Why are we still together?’

 

Cyan Pile says, “I don’t know, Haru. Something isn’t right.”

 

Black Lotus says, “Our opponents have arrived.” Cyan Pile and Silver Crow then look to see the ‘figures’ in the distortion take shape into the forms of Kirito, Asuna, Usagi, and Mamoru with Kirito, Asuna, and Usagi are looking exactly as they did in SAO with Mamoru’s avatar being different.

 

Mamoru’s current avatar looks like his ‘real world self’ of Darien Shields in which he is dressed in a black version of Prince Endymon’s outfit with a powerful looking one handed sword in a sheath to match. (A/N: This is the ‘look’ of Mamoru in SAO during Sailor Moon Online: Hollow Fragment storyline.)

 

Usagi, with her hood down to show her face and head and gaining her senses, asks, “What?” Soon after, all eight of them are enveloped in light as they vanish.

 

Early October 2025, Sword Art World, Unknown location

 

Within an unknown area of Sword Art World, Philia seems to be on the run from someone or something until there is a bright light and she stops as a barrier appears in which Black Lotus, Silver Crow, Cyan Pile, Lime Bell, Kirito, Asuna, Usagi, and Mamoru appear in front of her. Philia prepares to draw her dagger, but she then notices a shimmer in which she puts her hand and feels some kind of ‘force field’ in front of her.

 

Philia asks, “What’s this?” Within the ‘force field’, the eight ‘people’ that just appeared can’t see Philia since the field doesn’t seem to let the people inside see outside of the ‘field’.

 

Kirito asks, “What’s going on? Did it work?” Kirito then glances to see Black Lotus and her group and he says, his hand going instinctively to one of the two swords strapped to his back, “Who’s there?”

 

Asuna asks, “Kirito-kun, what…?” Asuna says, shocked, “Kirito-kun, you look like you did in SAO!”

 

Usagi tells Asuna, “You, too, Asuna!” Kirito, Asuna, and Usagi look themselves over and they are amazed to see themselves in their SAO avatar forms.

 

With Black Lotus’ group, Silver Crow asks, “What are they doing?”

 

Black Lotus responds, “They seem to be surprised by their appearance.”

 

Cyan Pile asks, “They are?”

 

Silver Crow says, “Maybe they are Burst Linkers and something happened to their appearance of their avatars.”

 

Cyan Pile says, “Maybe, Haru, but if they are Burst Linkers, they should have color names. However, their names didn’t have them.”

 

Black Lotus says, “And they aren’t shocked by their appearances because they are new to them, but because they are familiar with their appearances.”

 

Lime Bell asks, confused, “Familiar?”

 

Silver Crow asks, “Familiar? What do you mean Kuroyukihime-sempai?”

 

Black Lotus responds, “I’m not sure, Haruyuki-kun. However, you should notice that we are all together still.”

 

Cyan Pile says, “Master is right, Haru. We should have been going to separate areas to face these ‘people’ one-on-one and yet, we are still here together.”

 

Silver Crow asks “Wait! You’re right, Taku! This can only happen if you are on an ‘Unlimited Neutral Field’! How can this be happening?”

 

Cyan Pile responds, “That’s a really good question, Haru. And I don’t have an answer for you because I’m just as confused as you are.”

 

Lime Bell asks, curiously, “Unlimited Neutral Field?”

 

Cyan Pile tells Lime Bell, “We’ll explain about it soon, Chiyuri.” Cyan Pile looks up at a displaying that’s like an old fashioned fighting game with special attack gauge on top, health gauge on the bottom, and a timer in the center of the display with the health and special attack gauges of Black Lotus, Cyan Pile, Silver Crow, and Lime Bell on one side with another set of attack and health gauges on the other side with Kirito’s, Asuna’s, Usagi’s, and Mamoru’s names on the other side. Cyan Pile says, “It looks like a duel field. I can see the timer, but the thing is, all of our health and attack gauges are on one side of the screen with them on the other.”

 

Black Lotus says, “It looks like that it has become a four-on-four duel.”

 

Silver Crow asks, “Has this ever happened before?”

 

Black Lotus responds, “No, Haruyuki-kun. It hasn’t. Duels are usually one-on-one.”

 

Cyan Pile says, “Master is right, Haru. It may have to do with the distortion. Be on guard, Haru.” Cyan Pile tells Lime Bell, “You, too, Chiyuri.”

 

Lime Bell and Silver Crow nod their heads and Silver Crow says, “Right, Taku.” Black Lotus and her group look at Asuna, Kirito, Usagi, and Mamoru, who have their attention on our four Burst Linkers now.

 

Asuna asks, “What’s going on here Kirito-kun?”

 

Kirito responds, “I wish that I knew, Asuna.”

 

Mamoru says, looking the display, “This display…”

 

Usagi says, “Hold up! It looks like an old fashion arcade fighting game!”

 

Asuna asks, surprised, “It is?”

 

Kirito says, “Usagi’s right, Asuna. The display looks like one that you see from the fighting games like the ones in the arcade.”

 

Usagi asks, “Did we just get virtualized into an old fashion fighting game?”

 

Kirito says, “I really don’t know, Usagi.” Kirito says, “By the looks of it, our ‘opponents’ are known as Black Lotus, Silver Crow, Lime Bell, and Cyan Pile.”

 

Usagi says, “Weird names.”

 

Mamoru says, “They might be avatar names.”

 

Kirito says, with a nod, “I think so. The black one must be Black Lotus, the silver one must be Silver Crow, and so on. I think part of their names is based on their colors.”

 

Asuna says, nodding her head, “Their names are based on their color, but I don’t who or what they are.”

 

Mamoru says, “I think that we should find out.”

 

Kirito nods his head and he yells out to the Burst Linkers, “Hello? Can you tell us where we are?” When there is no reply, Kirito shouts out, “Hey! Are you listening to me?”

 

Usagi asks, “Why aren’t they replying?”

 

Mamoru says, “They either won’t or they can’t respond.”

 

The Burst Linkers are tense and Lime Bell asks, “Did that guy in black speak?”

 

Cyan Pile says, “I think so, but I couldn’t hear him. I don’t get why. I think he was shouting.”

 

Black Lotus says, “I believe that he was.”

 

Silver Crow asks, “What was he shouting?”

 

Cyan Pile says, shaking his head, “Don’t know. I can’t read lips, Haru.”

 

Silver Crow thinks in his mind, looking at Kirito, “Was he shouting a challenge? A greeting? What?”

 

Black Lotus thinks in her mind, looking at Usagi, “That girl…She looks familiar…”

 

Kirito says, “I’m going to try to talk to them.”

 

Kirito takes a step forward and Silver Crow thinks in his mind, “He moved!” Silver Crow then leaps forward to attack much to Lime Bell’s shock and gets in front of Kirito unleashing a kick which Kirito barely manages to dodge.

 

Asuna says, shocked, “Kirito-kun!” Usagi, instinctively, prepares to draw her swords to counterattack, but her ‘danger sense’ that she developed in SAO ‘goes wild’ and she looks to see Black Lotus on her in which Usagi barely ducks out of the way of Black Lotus’ blade-like arms.

 

Lime Bell shouts out, “Hold on!”

 

Cyan Pile responds, “There is nothing that you can do.” Lime Bell looks at Cyan Pile and he says, “Haru reacted out of Burst Linker instinct and I don’t blame him. This is the way that we, Burst Linkers, live. We fight to keep accelerating and we can only fight each other single-mindedly.”

 

Lime Bell says, “I’m not sure if I agree with this.”

 

Cyan Pile says, “It is the way that things are Chiyuri. This is our world. Now, let help Master and Haru.”

 

Lime Bell responds, “Right!” Cyan Pile charges right at Mamoru while Lime Bell unleashes a barrage of punches and kicks at Asuna in which they manage to dodge with Kirito getting out of the way of Silver Crow with Usagi dodging attacks from Black Lotus.

 

Usagi yells out, nervously, “Hey! Hold on! Wait a minute!” Usagi yelps as she continues to dodge Black Lotus’ strikes and she thinks in her mind, “Geez! Such speed! If I had developed my ‘danger sense’ from SAO, I would have been turned into sushi on a stick! Who or what is…this being? Is it even a person?” Usagi continues to dodge in which she unexpectedly does the motion to call up a player menu in which she finds a SAO style menu in front of her causing her to think, “A menu?” Just then Usagi’s eyes widen at one of the buttons and she leaps high into the air before pushing that button causing a bright glow to engulf her forcing everyone to stop and look. When the bright glow stops, Eternal Sailor Moon replaces Usagi and she draws her swords, Elucidator and Dark Repulser, in which she attacks Black Lotus with incredible speed and much to the elite Burst Linker’s shock, Sailor Moon forces Black Lotus into the defensive.

 

Black Lotus thinks in her mind, “What kind of transformation is this? Wait! This girl…!!” Black Lotus then sees on the display that Usagi’s name is replaced with ‘Sailor Moon’ in which she gets clipped by Sailor Moon’s sword causing her to lose a bit of health as an effect.

 

Silver Crow sees this and he thinks, shocked, “Kuroyukihime-sempai! I’ve got to help…” However, Silver Crow barely manages to dodge a sword strike from Kirito by using his wings to fly backwards.

 

Kirito thinks in his mind, “What just happened?” Kirito then takes stock of the screens and figures out that the lower of the two gauges above the names is a health gauge with the upper one being a special attack gauge. Kirito thinks in his mind, “And we don’t know if we are the intruders or what, but right now, we have a mission and if I have to fight to get to Sugu, Davis, and Kari, then so be it.” Kirito goes into ‘full battle mode’ and Silver Crow can sense the ‘bloodlust’ from Kirito in which the two of them go into an intense battle while Mamoru is barely dodging the strikes from Cyan Pile while Asuna is using her rapier to clash with Lime Bell, but she isn’t making much of a dent since she has a strong defense.

 

Asuna thinks in her mind, “What is she?”

 

Cyan Pile thinks in his mind, “This guy…I can’t get a bead on him. He is fast and his senses are excellent.” On the meanwhile, Black Lotus attacks Sailor Moon and she takes flight to easily avoid the attack.

 

Sailor Moon thinks in her mind, “Whoever or whatever she is, she is incredible. I can’t be sure that she is human.”

 

Black Lotus thinks in her mind, “I can’t believe what I am seeing here. How can I be facing a living legend? But she looks different…not as powerful as she is supposed to be…I’m not sure how this could be possible, but it is the only theory that seems plausible despite its implausibility. Well, let us see if she is who the legends say that she is.” Black Lotus leaps high to attack Sailor Moon causing her to block Black Lotus’ blade-like arms and legs with her swords as well as block.

 

Sailor Moon thinks in her mind, “Man! Does this person, if it is a person, have a thing for blades or something?” Both of them land on the ground in which they engage in a high speed fight and Sailor Moon prepares to strike with a thrust attack, however, her ‘SAO danger sense’ goes off, but she can’t stop in time in which Black Lotus manages to zip to the rear of Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon yells out in pain as Black Lotus slashes her in the back causing her to crash to the ground on her stomach with a nasty ‘thud’.

 

Mamoru, Kirito, and Asuna see this and Mamoru yells out, shocked, “No!”

 

Kirito and Asuna shout in unison, shocked, “Usagi!” However, Mamoru receives a punch to the face by Cyan Pile, Lime Bell lands a powerful kick to Asuna, and Silver Crow lands a powerful aerial kick to Kirito’s back and knocking all of them to the ground. Sailor Moon struggles to get up and turns around only to have the blade-like arms of Black Lotus around her neck.

 

Black Lotus thinks in her mind, “And now, it ends. I guess that she wasn’t as the stories said that she was.”

 

Sailor Moon thinks in her mind, nervously, “No, it can’t end like this! There are too many people counting me. Davis…Kari…Suguha…Suguha is my sister, Selene, from my time as a Moon Princess. It may have been only a short time, but they have…they are family to me! I can’t lose them! I can’t go through something like SAO again!” As her memories of Sword Art Online ‘replay’ in her mind, a powerful new determination causing something deep within Sailor Moon to ‘bubble’ to the surface and she thinks in her mind, strongly, “I refuse to let anything happen to anyone especially the people that I love ever again! I won’t let it happen! I WILL WIN!!” Just then Sailor Moon is bathed in beautiful silver light causing everyone to gasp in surprise and with a blast of power, Black Lotus is skidded away from Sailor Moon.

 

Silver Crow yells out, concerned, “Kuroyukihime-sempai, are you okay?”

 

Black Lotus thinks in her mind, shocked, “What is this? This power…” When the light engulfing Sailor Moon fades away, it reveals her in a brand new form!

 

Sailor Moon’s ‘new form’ shows that she has silver streaks in her blond hair, there is a silver Medieval barbute style helmet on her head and scalp with a crown engraved into it and a silver version of Slifer the Sky Dragon on the top portion of the helmet with holes in the helmet to let out her pigtails exposing the buns which have circular diamond jewels in them, her two moon sigils is on her forehead in their respective colors, there is silver eyeshadow on her eyelids, her lips are a deep, full, and gorgeous sparkling pink color, her armored fuku has been replaced by armored chest and waist plates that are exactly like golden versions of samurai armor that tight hug her frame to show her feminine lines and curves perfectly, on the chest portion of the armor, there is a brand new heart-shaped broach which is slightly bigger than the last one, the heart-shaped broach is like a prism in texture and color, there are crossed silver swords in the center of the broach, a golden crescent moon in the center of the sword, with Slifer the Sky Dragon, Ancient Fairy Dragon, and Ancient Pixie Dragon surrounding the swords, the broach has eight white wings surrounding and attached to the sides of the broach, she has white armored shoulder pads connected to armored gloves that extends up to the shoulder pads with the armor covering her arms is being European Medieval style, there are silver armored gantlets attached over her armored wrists with a ‘projector’ attached to her left gantlet that creates a shield and GN Blade exactly like the one that Gundam Exia uses attached to her right gantlet, she has an armored skirt attached to the end area of her waist armor with the armored skirt being as long as her other ‘sailor skirts’ with the skirt being silver, black, and rainbow colored in color, and she has knee-high high-heeled armored boots with five inch knife-like heels on her feet. She has swords that look like Lunar Excelsior and Elucidator attached to the sides of her skirt, a sword similar to the Mighty Morphin Red Ranger’s Power Sword attached to the rear of her skirt along with a staff similar to the ones used by the Mystic Force Power Rangers, and there are eight huge and fluffy white feathered wings attached to her back.

 

Mamoru says, amazed, “Sailor Moon…”

 

Asuna says, stunned, “Usagi-chan…”

 

Black Lotus thinks in her mind, shocked, “That form…” The brand new Sailor Moon charges at Black Lotus with incredible speed and with one kick, she shatters Black Lotus’ right arm and he yelps in pain from the destruction of her arm.

 

Silver Crow shouts out, “Kuroyukihime-sempai!” Silver Crow charges in, but Sailor Moon ‘sensing’ him, spins around, and charges at him in which before Silver Crow could say or do anything, he is rammed into the ground by the new Sailor Moon.

 

Cyan Pile says, shocked, “Haru!” Cyan Pile unleashes his Pile Diver on Sailor Moon, but she easily avoids the attacks and bashes Cyan Pile down into the ground.

 

Lime Bell says, horrified, “Taku! Haru! Kuroyuki-sempai!” Lime Bell then uses her special power, Citron Call, in order to restore Silver Crow, Cyan Pile, and Black Lotus back to their full strength.

 

Black Lotus shouts out, “Fall back! Everyone fall back!” Immediately, Silver Crow, Cyan Pile, Lime Bell, and Black Lotus get away from Sailor Moon, Asuna, Kirito, and Mamoru.

 

Silver Crow asks, “What’s wrong, Kuroyukihime-sempai?”

 

Black Lotus responds, “Look at the names of our enemies where the one named Usagi was.” When Cyan Pile, Lime Bell, and Silver Crow look, they gasp to see the name of ‘Valkyrie Sailor Moon’ in place of Usagi’s name.

 

Cyan Pile says, stunned, “Valkyrie Sailor Moon?! But that’s…”

 

Black Lotus says, interrupting, “The name of a living legend.”


Cyan Pile says, looking at Sailor Moon, “That form…”

 

Black Lotus says, “I’m not surprised that you would recognize her.”

 

Lime Bell asks, “But wait! Isn’t Sailor Moon…?”

 

Just then all four Burst Linkers start to fade away and Silver Crow asks, “What’s happening?”

 

Black Lotus responds, “The distortion is ending and we are returning back. The match is invalid.” Before Silver Crow could say anything else, all four Burst Linkers fade away while Sailor Moon, in her new Valkyrie Sailor Scouts, glows as she transforms back into Usagi while the barrier surrounding the area fades away.

 

Asuna asks, “What just happened?”

 

Kirito asks Asuna, “Are you okay, Asuna?”

 

Asuna responds, “I’m okay, Kirito-kun.”

 

Mamoru asks Usagi, “Are you okay?”

 

Usagi says, amazed, “I’m okay.”

 

Mamoru tells Usagi, “Somehow you were able to ascend to a Valkyrie Sailor Scout.”

 

Usagi asks, “A Valkyrie Sailor Scout? Like Sailor Sun?”

 

Kirito tells Usagi, “Yeah, you did, Usagi.”

 

Asuna tells her, “It was incredible.”

 

Usagi says, “I guess that I don’t know my own strength.”

 

Kirito says, seeing his ‘display’ in front of his eyes looking like SAO style display, “Our displays are now like in SAO.” Asuna, Mamoru, and Usagi look at Kirito and then at their displays in front of their eyes.

 

Usagi says, “You’re right.”

 

Mamoru says, “It is similar to ALO too.”

 

Asuna asks, “Could that mean…?” Kirito brings up his right hand, creates a menu screen, and he looks at the menu.

 

When he is done, Kirito says, “It looks like it. However, there is something about the location that we are in.”

 

Mamoru asks, “What do you mean?”

 

Kirito says, “Our location calls this place ‘Hollow Test Grounds’.”

 

Usagi asks, “Hollow Test Grounds? What’s…?” Usagi then twists her head and Kirito does the same thing at the same time in which they look to see Philia causing her to run off.

 

Kirito yells out, “Wait!” But then a large ‘object’ crashes in front of the ground with a loud ‘thud’ and the smoke and dust clear to reveal a pitch black version of the Gleameyes, the boss monster of Floor 74 of SAO.

 

Usagi says, shocked, “No way!”

 

Kirito says, shocked, “It can’t be! The Floor Boss of Floor Seventy-Four!”

 

Asuna asks, “But how?”

 

Kirito says, “Wait! It’s different! It’s fur is pitch black rather than dark blue.”

 

Usagi says, “You’re right. It must be SAW version of it.”

 

The black version of Gleameyes then prepares to attack Philia and Kirito shouts out, “Watch out!” Kirito then rushes in as fast as his form can take him, tackles Philia, and gets her out of the way as the monster’s huge cleaver hits where Philia was in a massive crash. Kirito asks Philia, “Are you okay?”

 

Philia asks, surprised, “Why did you?”

 

Asuna shouts out, “Kirito-kun, watch out!” Kirito then turns to see the black version of Gleameyes, in which Kirito’s enemy identification calls it ‘Dark-Eyes’, preparing to attack again only to get hit in the face by a throwing knife from Usagi.

 

Usagi yells out, “Hey, you overgrown goat!” Dark-Eyes spins around and swings his large cleaver at Usagi, who yelps as she blocks it with her two swords barely.

 

Asuna says, concerned, “Usagi-chan!”

 

Usagi struggles to hold back Dark-Eyes and she says, weakly, “Need a little help…”

 

Mamoru draws his sword and Asuna tells Mamoru, “Hit on the flanks hurry!” Mamoru gives Asuna a look of surprise, but doesn’t argue as he and Asuna strike the sides of Dark-Eyes taking a small chunk in which Usagi throws Dark-Eyes’ cleaver away allowing her to roll to side.

 

Kirito tells Philia, “Keep your distance!” Kirito draws his two swords and immediately joins into the battle in which he asks Usagi, “Usagi, are you okay?”

 

Usagi responds, “Yeah, I’m okay. However, I’m having a major feeling of déjà vu here.”

 

Asuna says, “You aren’t the only one, Usagi-chan.”

 

Kirito says, with a nod, “No kidding, Asuna.” Kirito says, “However, let’s make it a repeat of that same battle without the death.” Asuna and Usagi nod their heads in agreement and with Mamoru supporting, they fight hard against Dark-Eyes in which Philia is amazed at their strength in which Mamoru is also amazed at the teamwork that Asuna, Usagi, and Kirito use together like they did back in SAO. Soon enough, after a tough fight, they manage to defeat Dark-Eyes and it shatters into hundreds of data polygons.

 

Usagi says, “Like I said: This is awfully familiar.”

 

Kirito says, “A little too familiar, Usagi.” All four of them put their weapons away and look at Philia, who has her guard up, in which his eyes widen as Kirito remembers the face of Kotone causing him to say, “You are…”

 

Asuna asks, “Kirito-kun, what is it?”

 

Kirito asks Philia, “You are Kotone-san, aren’t you?”

 

Philia gives a look of surprise and she asks, a bit suspiciously, “How do you know that name?”

 

Usagi says, nervously, “Whoa! Wait! Kotone…I mean, Philia-san, Kirito, Asuna, and I are fellow SAO survivors just like you!”

 

Philia gives a look of shock and Philia asks, remembering something Usagi just said, “Wait! Asuna? As in Asuna the Flash of the Knights of the Blood Oath?”

 

Asuna says, with a sigh, “Yes, that’s me.”

 

Philia asks, looking at Usagi and Kirito, “Then you are…?”

 

Kirito says, nervously, “I’m Kirito.”

 

Philia asks, “Kirito…You mean the Black Swordsman?”

 

Kirito says, with a sigh, “Yes, that’s me.”

 

Philia asks, “What are you doing here?”

 

Asuna responds, “We’re here to rescue you and the others trapped in the game and find out who is corrupting the game for their own wicked purposes.”

 

Philia asks, “How can I believe you? How could I know that you aren’t one of ‘them’?”

 

Kirito asks, confused, “Them?”

 

Asuna asks, curiously and confused, “What do you mean them, Philia-san?”

 

Philia refuses to answer in which Kirito thinks in his mind, “Something happened to her here. Could it be the people tampering with the game nearly caught her?”

 

Usagi seems to get an idea and she says, “Wait, Philia-san! You might remember a time in SAO when you were treasure hunting, you fell into a monster trap along with other players, and you were saved by a certain player when didn’t stick around because other players needed her help.”

 

Philia asks, shocked, “How do you know this?”

 

Usagi puts on her trademark hood from SAO and she responds, “I’m that player.”

 

Philia gasps and she says, shocked, “You…You’re the ‘White Valkyrie’!”

 

After Usagi lowers her hood, Kirito says, “Yeah, she is. As you know, she is Asuna’s and my best friend from SAO.”

 

Philia lowers her guard and she asks, “How did you get here? Argo-san said that you were being denied access to this game. How can you be here?”

 

Asuna says, with a smile, “We found a way.”

 

Philia asks, “So, you are here to rescue me?”

 

Kirito says, “And the other players that are trapped in here. To be honest, Philia, someone precious to Usagi and I is also trapped in here and we are trying to save her as well as two other friends and precious people to us and fellow SAO survivors. However, it doesn’t mean that you aren’t important.”

 

Asuna says, with a nod, “You are an SAO survivor and we take care of our own.”

 

Usagi says, “We said that we are here to bring you home and we are going to.”

 

Philia says, her eyes widening, “Home…”

 

Usagi tells Philia, “We need you to trust us, Philia-san.” Usagi extends her right hand towards Philia and she nods her head.

 

Kirito says, “Hopefully, the others can get her okay.”

 

Philia asks, “Others?”

 

Asuna says, “We have friends that are following us.” Soon after, as if on cue, four more lights appear in which Silica, Lisbeth, Taichi, and Takashi, all of whom in their SAO avatars, appear nearby.

 

Usagi asks, stunned, “Silica?”

 

Asuna asks, surprised, “What are you doing here?”

 

Lisbeth says, with a sigh, “She tricked herself into the pod.”

 

Silica says, “I’m an SAO survivor too. I can help.”

 

Taichi says, with a sigh, “Sorry about this.”

 

Lisbeth tells Usagi and Kirito, “You know how she gets with you and Usagi.”

 

Usagi and Kirito sigh at this and Takashi asks, seeing Philia, “Isn’t that…?”

 

Kirito responds, “This is Philia-san.” Afterwards, all of them coming three/four at a time, Sam, Miyako, Yamato, Mizuno, Minako, Makoto, Hino, Tomoe, Haruka, Michiru, and Setsuna appear with Sam, Miyako, and Yamato having their SAO avatars with the rest having brand new avatars.

 

Mizuno’s new avatar has her ‘looks’ of the ‘real world’ and wearing an aqua-blue open kimono with slits in the legs area to show white stockings and brown sandals on her feet.

 

Minako’s new avatar has her ‘real life looks’ and she is wearing an yellow armored bikini-like top, silver armored shoulder pads and elbow pads, white fingerless fighting gloves, a short skirt that covers only up to the top of her navel and down to one-quarter of her thighs, revealing quite a bit of mid-drift, and black high-heeled open-toed sandals. On her right shoulder, there is a small silver version of the Feathered Dragon from SAO with jade colored eyes.

 

Hino’s new avatar has her ‘looks’ in ‘real life’ with red colored lips and wearing tight fitting samurai style armor to show her lovely feminine body’s curves and lines while making it not look obscene.

 

Makoto’s new avatar has her ‘looks’ in ‘real life’ and she is wearing something that looks a lot like Leafa’s clothing, but it is light leaf green where Leafa’s outfit is dark green and pink where it is white on Leafa’s outfit. She also is wearing a pair of high-heeled ankle boots and she has no sword strapped to her waist.

 

Tomoe’s new avatar has her ‘real life looks’ and she is wearing something similar to Lisbeth’s outfit expect that all of the parts that are red are pink in color and where it was white, it is silver. The armored plates on her outfit are violet in color, she has violet fingerless gloves, and she has violet colored combat boots on her feet with duel daggers strapped to her back.

 

Haruka’s new avatar has her ‘looks’ in ‘real life’ and she is wearing a tight fitting brown shirt with long sleeves, a silver armored breast-plate over the shirt, black armored shoulder pads, elbow pads, wristbands, black fighting gloves over her hands, greenish-brown baggy pants, and black combat boots on her feet. Around her waist, there is a black belt for a sheath for a short sword similar to the Space Sword of Sailor Uranus.

 

Michiru’s new avatar has her ‘real life looks’, as Michelle Kaiou, and she is wearing a sky-blue bikini top breastplate with choker on her neck, she has an long armored skirt that goes up to the bottom of her navel and down three-quarters of her thighs, there are white armored arm-guards going from her wrists to just below her shoulder blades around her arms, and black thigh-high armored high-heeled boots with leg-guards and on her legs with wings on the side of each ankle. In her hands, she has a silver trident.

 

Setsuna’s new avatar has her ‘looks’ in ‘real life’, as Trista Meiou, and she is wearing an outfit similar to Sailor Pluto’s sailor fuku expect instead of a bow with a heart jewel, she has black chest armor, black armored shoulder pads and kneepads, she has black armored kneepads, and she has a dark green staff with a dark ruby red orb on top.

 

(A/N: The Inner Sailor Scouts’ SAO avatars from Hollow Fragment story.)

 

Philia is surprised by this and Usagi says, “Easy, Philia-san.”

 

Minako asks, looking at Philia, “Hey, isn’t that SAO survivor that we saw at the hospital?”

 

Philia asks, “At the hospital?”

 

Kirito tells Philia, “You have been trapped in the game for about a month.”

 

Philia says, amazed, “A month.”

 

Kirito tells Philia, “Philia-san, remember, this game manages to speed up time in which days in the game maybe only hours back in the real world.”

 

Takashi says, “Which still amazes me to the core.”

 

Asuna asks, “Where are the others?”

 

Taichi says, “The others stayed behind to protect the super computer and the virtualization pods.”

 

Kirito says, “What happened with Rosa a while back, I’m not surprised.”

 

Takashi says, “No kidding. Neo Moon and Nebula just arrived to act as guards too.” But just then another light appears and out of that ‘light’, Junpier, in her SAO avatar, makes her appearance.

 

Yamato asks, shocked, “What are you doing here?”

 

Junpier responds, “What do you think? My brother is in here and I’m bringing my squirt of a brother home. I’m not going to lose him just when I got him back.”

 

Yamato is about to say something and Takashi says, “Bro, don’t.”

 

Sam says, with a smile, “You know how it is with family.”

 

Miyako says, “Tai…I mean Taichi should be a good example with Kari.”

 

Taichi yells out, with a blush of embarrassment, “Hey, I’m not that bad!”

 

Sam says, “Anyway, our ‘reinforcements’ should be here soon too.”

 

Usagi asks, “Reinforcements?” As if to answer Usagi’s question, a portal appears and Agumon, Wormmon, Gabumon, Patamon, Hawkmon, Veemon, and Gatomon come out of the portal.

 

Agumon says, “Hey, Tai!”

 

Taichi says, with a grin, “Hey, partner!”

 

Makoto asks, “How did you do that?”

 

Takashi says, “This is a world made of data and Digimon are data in which we have sent them into the internet before.”

 

Hawkmon says, “Thanks to a special program made by Izzy and data from all the digivices, we were able to make a gateway for us to come through especially since their digivices have been ‘digitized’.”

 

Mizuno says, “Like a signal.”

 

Gatomon says, with a grin, “Bingo, girlfriend!”

 

Sam says, “There is a ‘masking program’ helping the Digimon seem like they are part of the game so the error corrections won’t treat them like errors.”

 

Hino says, “Good idea.”

 

Philia asks, confused, “What’s going on?”

 

Asuna says, a bit nervously, “Long story, Philia-san.”

 

Kirito says, “One more thing.” Kirito brings up his menu, creates a crystal tear-like item, and when he pushes on it, it glows and transforms into a familiar little black haired girl with a white dress. Yui, in her human form, gives a yawn, like she was waking up from a nap, and she looks at Kirito and Asuna.

 

Yui yells out, excitedly, “Daddy! Mommy!” She leaps into Kirito’s arms and she hugs him.

 

Philia asks, stunned, “Mommy? Daddy?’

 

Usagi, Kirito, and Asuna give nervous sweat drops and Yui says, looking at Philia, “Oh, you just found Kotone-san already. Oops! I mean, Philia-san! You are so good daddy!”

 

Usagi tells Philia, “Even longer story.”

 

Hino asks Usagi, Kirito, Asuna, and Mamoru, “By the way, where you were you? We lost you for a second and then we found that you had gotten in her safely.”

 

Mamoru asks, surprised, “You lost us for a second?”

 

Mizuno says, “You were gone longer than you should have been when we ‘transported’ you into Sword Art World.”

 

Kirito thinks in his mind, “Was it because of what happened with those four strange ‘people’?”

 

Usagi says, “We’ll explain later. We have important things to do.”

 

Mamoru says, with a nod, “We’ve got to find our missing friends and stop whoever is corrupting this game.”

 

Kirito says, “Mamoru is right. We have work to do.” Kirito tells Yui, “Yui, do you have administrative privileges like you did in SAO?”

 

Yui says, with a nod, “Yes, I do. But even with the special codes that Tokyu-san lent me, I only have very limited access. I need to find an administrative console in order to get as much access as possible.”

 

Asuna asks, concerned, “Wouldn’t that be risky since the system could consider you an error?”

 

Yui responds, with a smile, “No, mommy. Thanks to daddy, Mizuno, and Izzy, as well as Tokyu, my program has been given special privileges in which the system will recognize me as an administrator and not an error, but my core programming is still within daddy’s modified Amusphere rig and computer systems in which I can send myself back in case of an emergency.”

 

Sam says, “We also gave the Digimon a special ‘recall code’ to return them to the real world in case of emergency too.”

 

Asuna says, with a sigh of relief, “Thank goodness.”

 

Kirito tells Yui, “Yui, we are in a location known as ‘Hollow Testing Grounds’ that doesn’t seem like part of the game.”

 

Yui says, closing her eyes, “Let me see daddy.” After about a minute, Yui says, opening her eyes, “This is a special area for classified development testing. Most likely, SAO had a similar area to this one.”

 

Silica asks, “Classified development?”

 

Mizuno says, “A special area where ‘game aspects’, small and big, can be tested to see how they will affect the game as a whole.”

 

Yui says, “That’s right, Mizuno. Based on from what information I can gather, they are testing all aspects of the game here including mental and psychological ones because this area is linked to this world’s version of the mental health counselling…” Yui yelps as she holds her head in pain causing Kirito and Asuna to get worried.

 

Asuna asks, concerned, “Yui-chan, what’s wrong?”

 

Yui shakes her head and she says, “I…I detected something. There is some kind of abnormality in the game. When I accessed the mental health program for Sword Art World, I…I felt intense emotions…those emotions felt so familiar to me…”

 

Usagi asks, “Familiar?”

 

Yui says, “I…I remember! These are the emotions of the players that I felt on Sword Art Online before I met mommy and daddy! The despair, pain, and more! I remember it! But it doesn’t make sense! None of the players of this world are causing these emotions. They are feeling intense emotions, yes, but nothing at the level that Sword Art Online caused. The Sword Art World players are making emotions that are similar like you were playing ALO. While I couldn’t ‘sense’ those emotions since I’m a navigation pixie, I could tell there was a major difference in the mental and psychological ‘make-up’ of those players since ALO is a ‘safe game’ compared to SAO.”

 

Kirito asks Yui, “And yet, you ‘detected’ intense negative emotions like those found in SAO here?”

 

Yui says, with a nod, “Yes, when I accessed the mental health program for Sword Art World for a brief moment.”

 

Kirito tells Yui, “Well, please don’t do that again, Yui.”

 

Asuna says, with a nod, “Those same emotions ‘hurt’ you so much last time and I don’t want you to get hurt again.”

 

Yui responds, “Okay, mommy, but in order to get a better idea what’s happening here, I need to access the administrative area of this testing ground.”

 

Usagi asks, “Where is that?”

 

Yui then points to a large floating sphere and she says, “That’s the administrative area for this ‘Hollow Area’, daddy. We can get access and we can get into the main game itself from there. They are still using this area to test all aspects of the game and what they want to use and add to it into the future to make sure that no errors are made to the game.”

 

Kirito says, “It makes sense.”

 

Miyako asks, “Why did we get dropped off here?”

 

Sam says, “This could be a ‘back door’ into the game itself and it might have less chance of being detected by those that we don’t want getting detected by. Remember, only one in Future Divers that knows about this operation is Tokyu since we don’t know who else to trust.”

 

Silica says, looking around and with a sigh, “I wish that Pina was here, but she has to stay safe in ALO.” But then a familiar ‘chirp’ is heard and Silica looks to see Pina, her blue feathered dragon in SAO/ALO, appear in front of her in which she asks, stunned, “Pina?!”

 

Lisbeth asks, “What’s she doing here?”

 

Yui says, “Somehow, your SAO data up until daddy defeated Heathcliff is in the system and that’s what was used to create your current forms when you were transferred into the game.”

 

Usagi asks, surprised, “Wait! Our SAO data is here?” Usagi says, “But then again, it explains why I was able to use Duel Wielding with Kirito.”

 

Kirito says, “I checked over my data when I went to bring out Yui. All of my SAO stats and skills are in here.”

 

Asuna says, “I thought so too when I was using all of my Rapier Skills as if this was SAO.”

 

Silica asks, looking at Pina, “So, this isn’t the real Pina?”

 

Yui says, “Not exactly. She is a duplicate made from your SAO data that has somehow become part of the system, but she is exactly as the Pina that you knew before the end of SAO and she got transferred into ALO.”

 

Silica says, petting the ‘duplicate Pina’, “I don’t exactly understand, but I’m glad that Pina is here with me.”

 

Haruka asks, “How is it here?”

 

Kirito says, “I have a good idea, but we need to get to that sphere first.”

 

Taichi says, “Good idea, Kirito.”

 

As Taichi starts to head off, Asuna asks Philia, “Ready to go, Philia-san?”

 

Philia doesn’t fully understand what’s happening, but she replies, with a nod, “Yes, I am.” Soon after, the whole group heads off towards the sphere with plenty of them with determined looks in their eyes.

 

Usagi thinks in her mind, “Suguha, don’t worry. We’re going to bring you, Kari, and Davis home again.”

 

Kirito thinks in his mind, with a determined tone, “We’re here, Sugu. And nothing will stop me from bringing you home.” However, as our group ventures along, they don’t seem to notice a shadowy figure that vanishes in which Usagi gets a wide-eyed look as she ‘senses’ something.

 

Mamoru asks Usagi, noticing her look, “Is something wrong?”

 

Kirito and Asuna along with Yui look at Usagi and she responds, with a smile, “No. Nothing at all.” However, Mamoru, Kirito, and Asuna know better, but they decide not to press the issue for now. Usagi thinks in her mind, “What was that feeling? A horrible feeling of familiarity. Could it be…him?” As our heroes and heroines ventures towards sphere that’s the ‘center’ of this ‘special area’ of Sword Art World, Usagi can’t help to get a ‘bad feeling’ for the future.

 

End of Chapter 17

 

(Sword Art Online closing theme ‘Yume Sekai’ starts)

 

As the scene floats down in front of us, we see the Moon Palace in front of a massive lake where instead of the palace, Aincrad is being reflected by the pool of water instead of the Moon Palace. As Aincrad is being shown, we see Kirito, Usagi, and Asuna, in their SAO forms with their ALO forms behind them, floating down and as we float down, we see Suguha Kirigaya surrounded by her ALO avatar of Leaf and as Eternal Sailor Celestial with the form of someone that looks like Princess Serenity, but with Sailor Celestial’s sigils on her forehead. And finally, we float down to see Davis Motomiya, in his Kirito’s style outfit, and Kari Kamiya, in her version of Asuna’s KOB outfit, together surrounded by the three Egyptian God Cards, the Sacred Beasts, Signer Dragons, and many more ‘out of the ordinary’ Duel Monsters including the Aesir.

 

The final scene appears where it shows Kazuto, Serena, Asuna, Suguha, Davis, and Kari surrounded by all of their friends, comrades, and/or loved ones: The Sailor Scouts, Tuxedo Mask, Digidestined and their Digimon partners, Rika, Keiko, Andrew, and Ryoutarou.

 

Preview (Leafa’s voice)

 

“Next time: Secret Hidden in the Hollows.”

 

Well, we are getting closer to the ending of this story, but there is still plenty of action, adventure, and drama to get into folks! I didn’t think that you were expecting that twist where the Accel World characters make their appearance, huh? Well, based on what I learned, Sword Art Online and Accel World take place in the same ‘universe’, but they happen in two different timelines. And I think that you can get my reasoning behind this chapter, but don’t think that I’m done with Accel World yet! You are going to have read and find out what I mean about that, everyone. Later and best wishes, Crossover Fans!