Digimon Fan Fiction / Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Digital Revolution ❯ Dreams and Nightmares ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
So sorrie, everyone, for putting this story on hiatus!


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~


All she could do was run. But how long had she been running? Where was she going? Who was there to save her? Just what was she running away from? It didn't occur to her that she didn't know who her pursuers were, but their haunting voices buried themselves into her mind and she couldn't shake them away. 'Mimi... Mimi...' they kept repeating.

'STOP IT!' she wanted to scream, but this rock--what it felt like--in her throat wouldn't let her. 'SOMEONE!! HELP ME!' She had to get away from whoever or whatever--her life was on the line. Then the voices stopped, but the ominous presence was still looming around her.

Her feet halted. Her frightened, hazel eyes scanned the darkness. The beating of her heart raced, not skipping a single one. Her breath almost stopped as she spun her head behind her. Beady, red eyes pierced from the darkness, targeting their frightened prey. She couldn't make out any forms at all, just menacing eyes from all around. But those harsh stares reminded her so much of someone.

With her single thought of him, a shadowy form began to emerge from the emptiness before her, and slowly her eyes grew wide at the recognition of the young man. 'Ken...' she whispered. The fear grew in her heart when he smiled mysteriously with his violet eyes staring directly at her with unclear intentions. Why was she so afraid of him? Even if he didn't appear like a friend to her, there was no reason for her to be so scared. She had always been strong, so why was she letting him make her feel so helpless?

She looked around, finding no where to go, and even if she could, her feet felt stuck to the floor like her whole body was paralyzed. Her eyes locked on Ken once more, but this time, he was only standing a few meters away compared to before. Then slowly he walked towards her with dark intentions in his eyes. She wanted to call out to Palmon, Sora, Yamato, Taichi, but her voice failed her. Surprisingly, he touched her face, cupping it in both of his hands with gentleness, but his smile held nothing of kindness. His fingers caressed her cheeks, so soft that the warmth was melting her heart, but the heavy feeling seemed to pull her whole body into oblivion.

Mimi struggled to keep herself up despite her paralysis sinking into darkness. She grabbed Ken's hands and held onto them as she sunk deeper and deeper into the ground, but all he did was stare down at her, smiling evilly. Her eyes pleaded for him to help her, save her, but he just remained their with her fingers slipping through his hand.

In the few seconds before the darkness consumed her self, her voice returned, and she screamed... coming back to reality. She sat up in bed, breathing heavily. The sweat dripped down the side of her face as she stared wide-eyed, straight ahead into the darkness as if the frightening figure of Ken stood before her. Nothing was there to scare her, but the dreadful feeling remained in her body, shuddering at the foreboding force.



A Digimon & Revolutionary Girl Utena Fusion

Digital Revolution

written by K-chan


Episode Three: Dreams and Nightmares



Miyako walked into the computer room, looking worried. She glanced over her shoulders, hoping to see someone familiar follow her, but no one was there. She sighed, entering the room, and somewhat surprised to see Koushiro on his laptop. "Izumi-senpai," she called, strolling up to the table.

"Hi, Miyako," he said without budging his eyes from the monitor. There was silence until he stopped and looked up at her worried face. "What's wrong?"

She finally settled down in the chair across from him. "Well," she started, crossing her legs, "it's Ken. He hasn't shown up all morning, and he has two classes with me. It's not like him to ditch class, ya know."

"Hmm, I don't think you should worry too much. After all, this is Ken we're talking about. He takes the well-being of Digital World extremely serious, and his untimely defeat just crushed his spirit. He just needs some time to assess his situation, and I'm sure after a few days he'll come around."

She nodded, "I hope so. It's so uncool when one of us is like out of it. Especially Ken 'cause he's such a loner." Koushiro just smiled at her thoughtfulness, understanding why she was given the Crest of Love. She caught his stare, "Anyway senpai, what are you doing here if we don't have a meeting?"

He shrugged, "Just some homework and checking email." He turned to the screen while Miyako got up and went over to him. On his right side, she leaned forward so she could get a good look at the screen. "I haven't received anything from the Digital World lately," he explained, "so it's rather hard to anticipate what will be in store for us in the future."

She was quiet, reminiscing on the day she became involved with the Digital World. That day she was a normal junior high school student in a terrible rush to get her report printed out. She hurried to the school's computer lab and grabbed a random computer. She was too busy searching for her diskette that she didn't notice a message box popped up on the monitor in front of her. She inserted the diskette and prepared to open up her report by closing all unnecessary files, including the recent message, "Ooh, I have to hurry. The deadline's like in ten minutes!"

All the boxes closed, but the same one continued to pop up over and over until she become frustrated and annoyed and read the message that was addressed to her, "What? To me? But how? I don't have a school email account..." She looked around the empty, "And how did it know that I'm here... This is really creepy." Then she looked at the last line of the message, "'Come to Odaiba Academy.'" A red symbol of a heart appeared on the screen, followed by a red light that caused her to shield her eyes from the brightness. When the light faded away, the computer room was empty.

"It's been five months since then..." she said quietly, touching the outline of her pendant, "And now I'm at Odaiba..."

Koushiro looked at her, and she appeared spacier than usual, "Miyako, are you all right?"

Before she could answer, there was a knock at the door. They turned to it and found a young girl standing there. The brunette visitor seemed frail and gentle like a delicate, little angel. "Hi," she greeted them from where she was, "I'm sorry to bother you, but I'm looking for Taichi Yagami. I heard he could be found here."

"He's not here today," Koushiro replied. "I don't know where he could be if he doesn't have soccer practice today."

"He could be at the cafeteria," Miyako suggested with a big grin, "Or napping beneath a tree."

The girl giggled, "That does sound like him. Thank you for your troubles." She bowed and left before either could inquire her about her identity and need of reaching Taichi. They looked at one another and shrugged.



"OPEN UP! I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE!" Taichi shouted angrily, pounding his fist against the door. He ignored the stares he was receiving from the other occupants of the dormitory leaving their rooms, but he could care less. He had to deal with his current situation first thing that day, after he found out about a certain DigiBattle that happened two days ago.

"KEN! OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR NOW!!" he demanded, but no one behind the door replied. "I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE! KEN ICHIJOUJI!"


Inside the dormitory, it was left dark, and the curtains were draped closed to block out the sunlight. Even in the dimness, the outline of the room appeared neat and simple, speaking much about the resident. Down the short hall was the bathroom that was lit, and Ken was there, leaning over the running water in the sink. His hair was wet with droplets dripping from the tips into the sink. His hand reached for the faucet knob and shut off the water.

He could still hear Taichi's voice blaring in the background.

Because of the shadows his bangs created over his eyes, his face was still unreadable, whether he was upset or in pain. He gripped the edge of the sink to further stay in control, and soon, the tensity in the grasp was display from the baring, white knuckles. He gritted his teeth, straining himself from any irrational actions.

A droplet of sweat rolled down his face and hung dangerously below his chin, threatening to severe itself from the connection to Ken.

And in the next second, it disappeared, and a plop echoed from the sink.


Taichi stepped away from the unanswered door with fists clenched tightly to his sides. "Damn you, Ken," he growled. He was silent, figuring out what to do next. He had wanted to bust in there and beat some sense into Ken. After he had found out about Ken's second DigiBattle against Mimi, he just flared up in anger, not because of the challenge itself. Every DigiDestined had the right to challenge, but it was the unannounced part of the challenge that made Taichi angry. Adding to that was the appearance of a wild Digimon that attacked the two during the battle.

It was Ken's selfishness that nearly brought about his and Mimi's deaths by not informing the other DigiDestineds' of the DigiBattle. If they had known, preparations would've been made before hand, like another DigiDestined would be present to witness or aid in any unexpected predicaments.

Taichi kicked the door and yelled, "I'm calling a DigiMeeting! Don't bother showing up!" And with that, he stomped off.



Mimi was leaning against the railing, staring down at the rose garden below. She had a dazed look on her face, too deep into her thoughts, more specifically on her strange dream. Not in a million years would she ever imagine herself dreaming of such a thing, which meant it had some deeper meaning. Or maybe she had seen too much of Ken that it was just affecting her subconsciously.

Thinking about him, she hadn't seen him since the last DigiBattle where she still reigned champion. "Out of luck," she mumbled to herself. She still had no clue what the battles were all about, but she felt a deep connection to Palmon every time the plant digimon would 'digivolve'. It was peculiar, like a burst of energy exploded from no where inside of her.

She suddenly blinked, having caught a glimpse of blonde among the rose bushes. Her mind focused, and she saw Yamato standing outside the garden waving up to her. She smiled, forgetting her own troubles, and returned the gesture and then decided to join him since it was almost lunch time and she didn't feel like going to study hall.

She made her way down the corridor, thinking about nice company with Yamato and hopefully with Sora and Taichi too if they could make it. She was almost to the stairs when she glanced to her left and saw Taichi standing in the hallway. She stopped immediately and looked closer and noticed that he was talking to a girl a few years younger than her. Taichi wore a stern face that seemed out of place to her, and that made her curious as to what sort of conversation was taking place.

Curiousity got the best of Mimi as she hid around the corner and peered out at them. She saw a trashbin not too far from them and wondered what her chances were of getting there without being caught.

All of a sudden a lot of commotion was coming from the staircase. She looked over and saw Yamato running up the stairs towards her, followed by a group of a maniac girls, aka Yamato's fanclub. "Yamato-kun, what's--?"

"No time," he said, grabbing her hand, and dragged her down the hallway.


The girl standing before Taichi was smiling nervously, trying to calm the young man down. She had been searching all morning for him, having hoped he'd understand why she was there, but apparently from the seriousness on his face, she wasn't going to get out any explanation.

The loudness of the girl groupie chasing Yamato and Mimi were brought to their attention. "What the--?!" Taichi saw the blur of the pair crossing the hallway, followed by the girls. "Mimi? Yamato?" At the end of the pack was a breathless girl trying to catch up to her fellow members, but she was carrying too many Yamato-ish items, like posters, shirts, mugs, towels, and the likes. Taichi made a disgusted face, "Uugh, Jun..."

They walked to the end of the hall and watched the crazy group disappear in the distance. "What was that about?" the girl asked.

"Just Yamato's daily exercise. Too bad he dragged Mimi into it," he grinned, but soon, the grin was gone when he heard the girl giggle. "HEY! Don't change the subject," he warned her, "Of all the places... Hikari! Does mom and dad know about this?! I can't believe you! Why are you here?! It's not like you have a reason! You're just visiting, right?! But in the middle of a school day?! I don't get it! Did mom tell you to check up on me?!"

"Well, if you'd just let me explain!" she said, exasperated.



Meanwhile, Yamato turned the corner with immediate and quickly noticed an open door. He pulled Mimi into the dark room and closed the door behind them. Mimi was breathing heavily from the run and was about to say something hysterical, but a hand over her mouth, preventing her from speaking. Yamato was staring at the door, listening to the girls pass by, so he didn't see the blush creeping over Mimi's face. That, and it was dark too. She didn't know how close she was to him when she could faintly hear his rapid beating heart and smell the cologne he wore, and he was holding her close too. His arm was around her waist, keeping her against him, and it had just occurred to her that they were in a very small room.

"Do you think they're gone now?" she whispered nervously. She just hoped that he didn't notice their intimate position.

"Those damn kids," they heard a man grumbled, "Making a mess again." The grumbling voice seemed to become closer by the minute until it was right outside their hiding place. The door swung open, letting in the light, as Yamato and Mimi tensed up. The burly man before them raised an eyebrow at the pair in the janitor's closet and smirked. He shook his head and then jerked a thumb backwards, "Out."

Yamato was the first to make the move, walking out with a blushing Mimi in tow, and he was holding her hand again. They could hear the man chuckling, "Find a more comfortable place next time."

It wasn't until they were farther down the hall that it hit Mimi, "Omigod! Did he think that you... and I... We... erm... in the... Omigod!" She pulled her hand away and turned her back to him with her face so red while Yamato just stared at her back with a raised eyebrow. She was embarrassed about the situation, but it did feel nice being in his arms.

"Let's go to lunch," he said.

"Lunch?!" she flushed, turning to him again, but not able to look at his face. "Oh! Right!"

They walked back to where they had originally were and had planned to go, which was to the rose garden. Funny, how it seemed like a short distance to the garden earlier (besides from the running), but now it was so far away, and all Mimi could think about was when they would get there. There was an awkward silence between them as they walked, but that was because Mimi felt uncomfortable after what happened between them.

Yamato didn't act any different, but maybe he was used to being in similar situations, Mimi thought. Of course, he was the popular guy at the academy, so he would've been with a few girls before. She didn't know for certain, but as she thought about it more, she barely knew him and didn't ask about him before. He didn't seem like he wanted to talk, but he was a quiet guy to start with.

"So... umm, Yamato-kun," Mimi began, "do you get that every day?"

"Sometimes."

"And you don't mind?"

"Sometimes."

Mimi sweatdropped and wondered what else to talk about. She would talk their ears off, but she wanted to know more about him. Before she could ask about him, he spoke up, "There's a ball this Saturday."

"A ball? Like a party?"

He nodded. "Do you want to go?"

She blinked at him, letting the situation settle into her head, "With you?"

He nodded again, "I have an invitation, and I can bring someone along."

"And you're asking me?"

He nodded for the last time and watched her caramel eyes widened, glowing brightly at the invitation. The next thing he knew, she threw her arms around his neck and hugged him as he stumbled back a bit from the unexpected. His arms hesitantly wrapped around her waist as she chirped, "I'm going to a ball!! It's been so long since I've been to one!" She pulled back but was still in his arms, "Will it be a big one? What should I wear? There's dancing, right? Oooh, I hope so!"

Yamato just stared at her beautiful, vibrant face like he was in some sort of trance. He'd never met anyone like her before. She was like an angel, so innocent and bright, just the opposite of him. Her eyes. Her hair. Her lips. His mind was focused on her, but there was a burning sensation in his chest. The faint beating of his heart gradually grew louder until it was the only thing he heard, drowning out Mimi's voice. Suddenly, something inside of him snapped, and he pulled himself away from her, looking elsewhere with frightened, blue eyes.

Mimi looked at him, puzzledly, "Yamato? Are you all right?" She touched him on the shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm fine." His voice remained calm, but she knew something wasn't right because she had caught the brief fear in his eyes. "The ball is at seven. I'll see you at six-thirty."

"Okay," she answered quietly, feeling distant from him again.



Later that day when classes are over and most students are at their extracurricular activities or doing homework, a meeting was about to be held in the computer room. Taichi was standing by the window that surprisingly had a very good view of most of Odaiba Academy, which meant that their meeting place was in a lofty building and it was. The computer room was a private place that was located on twelth floor of one of the two main buildings on campus. Not many people were allowed up above then tenth floor, and even fewer were would know about the computer room, and practically none knew about the relation of this room to those involved in the DigiBattles and the Digital World.

Koushiro peered up from his laptop, noting how quiet and solemn Taichi had been. He had mentioned Ken before, curious if he should inform their comrade about the meeting, but Taichi just grunted and cursed him. Koushiro had never seen Taichi so serious and in control before, at least not anything related to the Digital World. It was as if he realized his important role in the 'revolution'.

"Sorry, guys!" Miyako huffed, running into the room, and dropped her school books onto the table noisily. "I didn't think we'd have a meeting today... and there's gotta be an easier way for a meeting to be called! I mean, like a cell phone or something!" Koushiro just shrugged.

Taichi turned around, grinning, "You're right, but I'd lose it anyway. Can't keep up with something like that."

"Well, fearless leader, what's up?" She looked around, "And where's Ken and Yamato?"

"Ken's not coming," Taichi said harshly, which surprised her, "And Yamato is probably busy with his groupie. I couldn't reach him."

"This has to do with the last DigiBattle, right?" Koushiro inquired, and Taichi nodded. "I've looked into that battle, more precisely the appearance of the wild digimon, Kuwagamon. That was the first occurrence of interruption during a battle, and I'm still puzzled as to why it occurred. Typically, wild digimons would avoid fighting, and most would have below average intelligence to engage in a fight with a stronger digimon. From my studies, our digimon partners are special and were bred for the DigiBattles.

"And what amazed me the most is this so called 'DNA digivolving'... I'm in the process of researching this phenomenon, but there is only limited data so far. This is truly a step forward from Wormmon's 'digivolving'."

Taichi sweatdropped at the small lecture Koushiro just gave because he didn't call the meeting to discuss that. "Err, that's great and all, but I wanted to talk about the unofficial DigiBattle." He paused and coughed to clear his throat for purpose of the meeting. "As leader of the DigiDestineds, I have decided to suspend Ken Ichijouji from the DigiBattles as of today."

The other members gasped. "Tai," Miyako croaked, "you don't mean that..."

"But he hasn't done anything wrong," Koushiro added.

"Yes, I do," he said firmly, "Ken challenged Mimi without our knowing, and it nearly costed them their lives." Taichi looked at the floor, "I don't want to think what would've happened if their digimons hadn't been able to protect them." Miyako and Koushiro were silent, understanding what Taichi was thinking, but it was hard, having to accept this decision when Ken was their friend even if he didn't express it.

Things seemed to have been turned upside-down ever since Mimi Tachikawa appeared... what else will happen next, they wonder.



Mimi yawned and stretched her arms into the air, exiting her bedroom. She had just finished the last of homework, and it was amazingly still daylight outside. Maybe she could go out and grab a bite to eat this time, not that she had anything good in the fridge. She hadn't been able to do any grocery shopping since she had been busy with school and the Digital World.

She was on her way to the kitchen to get a drink when there was a knock on the front door. She went to answer it and met the girl who had been talking to Taichi earlier that day. "Hello," she greeted sweetly, "Are you Mimi Tachikawa?"

"Yes, and you are?"

"My name is Hikari Yagami."

"Oh! You're related to Tai?"

"You know Tai?" She nodded, "I'm his sister."

"I see... It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Same here." She reached into her purse and pulled out a pink envelope. "I'm with the Events Committee," she explained, handing her the envelope, and waited for Mimi to read the contents. She giggled when the older girl's eyes became the size of soccer balls. "Congratulations on making the cheerleading squad," she said, "You're also invited to the ball this Saturdy, and please bring anyone you like."

"Thank you," Mimi smiled.

"No problem. I would love to chat some more with you, but I have to deliver the rest of the invitations."

"Okay." Before Hikari left, Mimi stopped her, "You're going to be there too, right? How 'bout Tai?"

"I'll be there," she said and then thought a bit about her brother, "I don't know about Tai though. He's not into those things."

"Oh, okay."

"I'll see you later then, senpai!" Hikari waved.

When Hikari was out of her sight, Mimi closed the door and stared at the letter in her hand. After a few seconds of absorbing the information, she punched the air happily, "All right! Cheerleading squad, here comes Mimi Tachikawa!" She skipped to the living room and crashed on the couch, rereading the letter again. This would be the excuse she needs to get out of those DigiBattles. Her life was here in the real world and would take up her time, so she would have to leave the Digital World for Yamato, Ken and Taichi.

The phone rang, and Mimi reached over the couch to reach the receiver on the stand behind it. "Hello? Mimi speaking," she said.

"Hey, Mimi!" Sora chirped, "How are ya?"

"Great! I just got some good news!"

"Really?! What is it?! Tell meeeeeeeeeeeeee!!"

Mimi giggled, "You're more excited than I am."

"I should be 'cause I have good news too! But you go first!"

"Well, I made the cheerleading squad this year! So while you have soccer practice, I have cheerleading! And I'll be at every game to cheer you on too!"

"Congratulations, Mimi! I can't wait! I know this'll be a great year! I'm happy you found something to do too!"

"Yeah... so what's your good news?"

"Oh! Well, I think you're going too since you made cheerleading."

Mimi blinked puzzedly, "Come again?"

"Some students are receiving invitations to a ball this Saturday. The majority are for those who have been accepted onto a sports team or major clubs and the likes."

"Oh yeah! I just got my invitation from Hikari today."

"Hikari?"

"Hikari Yagami, Tai's sister!"

"OMIGOD! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!" Sora yelled, which forced Mimi to hold the phone away from her ear. "NO ONE EVER MENTIONED THAT BEFORE!! HOW IS SHE?!! IS SHE NICE? PRETTY?! WHAT GRADE IS SHE IN?!"

"Oh Sora! You've got it bad for Tai, don't you?!"

"W-whaa-at?!" she spluttered, "No way!"

Mimi laughed, "That just proved it! Ha ha! Anyway, you'll see Hikari there. She's really sweet."

"Hey, Mimi."

"Yes, Sora."

"Umm... do you... do you know if Tai'll be there?"

"I don't know... He doesn't seem the type to go to those things..." She could hear her friend sigh sadly on the other end and quickly added, "But you never know. Tai's an unpredictable guy, ya know."

Sora laughed, "Yeah!" She was quiet again as if she was thinking and then asked, "If he does go... err, do you think he'll be with someone... err..."

"Like a date?"

"Yeah."

"Heh, why don't you ask him?"

"ME?? ASK HIM?!! NO WAY!!"

"Or else he'll get snatched up!"

"Hmmf! Well... I haven't got the guts right now. Anyway, who are you taking?"

"Me? Err well... Yamato-kun asked me earlier today, so I'm going with him."

"OH!" Sora was snickering, "So are you and Yamato hooking up?"

"Whaa...?!" Mimi blushed even though Sora wouldn't be able to see her, but the girl had a feeling she would, "What makes you think that?! We're just friends!"

"Uh-huh... right..." she said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

There was another knock on the door, and Mimi said into the receiver, "Hey Sora, I've gotta answer the door. I'll talk to ya later, kays?" She bidded her friend good-bye and placed the receiver back in its place. She got up and answered the door again, wondering who could it be this time. Her hand was on the door knob when a sudden feeling of uneasiness overwhelmed her, and she hesitated. She placed a hand to her chest and took a deep breath. The whole day had been rather weird for her, despite the previous days when she was in another world.

She exhaled and slowly opened the door. "Ta-Tai?! What are you doing here?" she asked, staring at the bushy-haired boy at her front door. He was smiling adorably with his hands behind his back. "Your sister was just here moments ago!"

"Hikari? Really?" he blinked.

She nodded, "Yeah... umm, what can I do for ya, Tai?" She slightly leaned against the doorway.

"Oh. Well, I was wondering if you're going to that party on Saturday?"

"Yes, I'm going."

His smile grew wider, "So need a date? I even got you a dress for it, so you don't have get one!" He revealed his hands behind his back to her, and they were holding a nicely, floral-wrapped box.

She gasped as he gave it to her, "Oh Tai... You really shouldn't. I'm sorry, Tai, I'm already going with Yamato."

"Oh," he said quietly. She could see he was disappointed, but he wasn't devastated from the news, not that she was expecting him to be or to ask her like this. "That's okay. Maybe next time, right? And congrats on making the cheerleading squad!" he smiled. She was about to return the gift when he shook his head, "Naah, it's for you. A present for making it. Oh yeah, I don't know how well it'll fit ya, but I think it'll be okay. I'll see at that party then!" He started to walk off.

"Wait, Tai!" she called out. He stopped and looked at her. "If you still don't have a date, Sora's still available." He just grinned and walked off (like the cool guy that he was). Mimi watched him, clutching the box to her chest.



That Saturday evening finally came, despite the days of school work in between, as the students waited eagerly. It was a special night like in the fairy tales that the young maiden dreams of attending, wearing a beautiful gown and dancing with a charming prince. This was how Mimi felt as she brushed her hand across the lacy gown that trailed to the floor. She gazed in the mirror that the creamy pink, strapless gown that fitted snuggly against her figure as if it was made just for her. She was pretty much impressed with Taichi and his rather surprisingly fashionable tastes.

The last thing she had to prepare before Yamato arrived was her hair. She tried putting it up in a bun, but it was too much trouble, and she was running out of time. "Oh, c'mon!" she grumbled, but it was too late when she heard the knock on the front door. "Damn," she sighed and shook her hair back down. It didn't look too bad with her hair down. She brushed it a few times to get the natural feel back into it and then hurried to open the door.

When she saw Yamato standing handsomely in his tuxedo, she was aghasted at how perfect he looked, from his hair to the gentle, pink carnation in his hand. He gave her a look over without losing his blank expression, but she could've sworn she saw amazement flashed in his blue eyes. It felt so much like a date, but... she knew they were just friends.

"Umm, let me get my shawl," she said and went to get it. When she returned with it wrapped around her bare shoulders, Yamato held his arm out to her, and she accepted, weaving hers around his as he closed her dormitory door.

They walked in silence to the ball, which was taking place at the reception hall not too far away. It would take them about twenty minutes, but it would be a nice, romantic walk there. Mimi was so nervous that she didn't know what to say. She kept repeating in her mind that it was a friendly date, nothing romantic about it, but everything else was telling her otherwise. The mood was just right, but was it all going to fast for her?

Yamato could sense the slight tension between him and Mimi, and he couldn't deny that he was having a hard time with it. When he saw Mimi in the gown, he was breathless, nearly freezing up like an idiot. He couldn't imagine any other girl wearing that dress; it was so perfect on her.

"Umm... thank you for taking me, Yamato-kun," she said shyly, looking at the ground.

He glanced down at her, seeing a faint blush across her cheeks, and his eyes narrowed to slits for some reason. It was on impulse, but he soon relaxed and looked away, "You look... nice."

Mimi looked up, raising an eyebrow at him. That was like the first compliment from him since she meet him that first day, and she smiled. "Thank you," she giggled, "You're quite handsome yourself." He didn't reply to that but kept his cool eyes straight ahead. Soon, the entrance to the reception hall was in sight, and many couples were bustling inside where the excitement was.


Taichi was on the second floor, holding onto a goblet of red punch in his hand, as he looked down at the crowds below. He smiled and playfully swirled the punch around in the globet. People were dressed in fancy clothes, dancing, chatting and eating like one of the painting of the Reniassance era or whatever it was. It was amusing to him, but he was hoping to see someone soon.

He felt someone next to him and glanced over to see his sister in a tone-down yellow, spaghetti-strapped dress. He freaked out, "HIKARI! WHAT ARE YOU WEARING??!!"

She stared at him as if his head was made out of cabbage, "What does it look like? A dress!"

"Uugh! You're showing too much skin!" he started to push her away from the views of many hollering guys below, "Go change into something... that's thick and... covers everything 'cept your head!"

"TAI!"

"I mean it! Or just go back to your room! Wait, I'll walk you back to your room!"

"TAI! Quit it!" she demanded, slapping his hand away from her. "I know what I'm doing! I wore this dress because this is a P-A-R-T-Y! And I can take care of myself!" She glance at the stair entrance because she had noticed her brother was keeping a close eye in that direction, and she finally figured out why. "And the someone you've been waiting for has finally arrived," she said.

"Huh?" he turned around and saw a beautiful Mimi stepped into the ballroom with Yamato right beside her. "Wow," he whispered, "I've got great tastes, huh?"

"What?" questioned his sister.

"That dress... I picked it out.

Hikari raised an eyebrow, surprised that he went shopping for a dress -- well, surprised he went shopping at all. She nodded in agreement, "It does look good on her." She looked over to Mimi's escort, "That's Yamato Ishida, right?" The blonde looked very familiar to her, but she couldn't pinpoint from where.

"Yep. Too bad he asked her out before I did."

"Well, they do look cute together."

"Do not!" Taichi pouted and took a final gulp of his punch. "He never smiles! He's like a block of ice with legs! How can be cute with Mimi?!! Mimi's sooooooooo cute! Look how she smiles! Don't ja think I'd be cute with Mimi?! HMM?!" Taichi looked at Hikari for her answer, but she just sighed and nodded for him to be quiet. She had to thank the committee for sticking with pure punch instead of a tiny percentage of alcohol because at that moment with Taichi, she could've sworn he was drunk from the punch.

"Hey, Hikari! Do a favor for your big brother, will ya?"

"Okay," she sighed, "IF you stop complaining about my dress."

He dropped his shoulders in defeat, "I haven't said anything since, right? But if any guy looks at you the wrong way, he's goin' DOWN!"

"Riiiiiiiiiiight... Anyway, you want to talk to Mimi, right?" He nodded. "Then leave it to me!"


As Mimi stepped into the ballroom with Yamato, it brought back memories to her of the time when she was young, attending several parties with her parents. The only difference now was that she was older and her parents weren't there with her. This was a step towards adulthood and independence and it didn't hurt to be with a handsome guy too. "Wow... it's so beautiful, like right out of a fairy tale!" she smiled.

"A fairy tale?" Yamato pondered, walking down the stairs, while young men and women around them admired the lovely couple.

"And enter the prince and princess of the night!" came a giggling voice. The pair stopped, and Hikari emerged from a crowd. The young girl stepped up to them and curtsied, "Welcome, My Lord. My Lady."

Mimi giggled, "Oh stop it, Hikari!" They walked to the side to try to get away from all the stares, but it pretty much was useless. All eyes were following them, especially the female ones who were glued to Yamato. "Your committee did a great job with the place. And you look so cute in that dress!"

"Thanks, at least someone thinks so. Tai's been giving me an earfull about it."

"You... know Tai?" Yamato asked.

She nodded, "Tai's my brother."

The blonde looked elsewhere, mumbling, "Hard to believe." And that made Mimi and Hikari giggle harder.

"Well, Ishida-senpai," Hikari began, "Mind if I borrow Tachikawa-senpai for a bit?" He shrugged, and Mimi just sighed and nodded to Hikari. "We won't be long. I just want to introduce her to some people." The two girls walked off, leaving Yamato to be the single man that he was, and he was soon flocked by the female crowd. He silently prayed that Mimi would return soon, and when he spotted Jun in the distance, shoving her way towards him, he hoped it would be VERY soon.


Hikari was taking Mimi up another set of stairs, where it was apparent that it was a private area since only a few people were walking up and down. There were a few tables here and there, but they were empty. A wide balcony opened in the back, and she saw someone standing out there. She paused, trying to make out the familiar outline, until Hikari spoke up, "Go on. He's waiting for you." With a smile, Hikari turned around and left Mimi to meet the young man.

He heard footsteps, so he turned around and grinned at Mimi who was shock to see him -- at least his bushy hair that was quite tamed right now. She quietly pondered how much gel he had used. When he extended his hand out to her, she accepted, and he pulled her towards him and twirled her around, letting the loose lace of her gown spiraled around her.

"Heh, that dress was perfect after all," Taichi smiled.

She nodded, "You have to tell me where you bought it."

He pulled her close to him and placed a finger gently over her lips and winked, "It's a secret."

"Did you want to talk to me?"

"Let's dance first," he said.

"Well," she hesitated, "you do know I'm here with Yamato-kun, right?"

"Just one," he chuckled, but she had already given in. They both became silent, moving to the music in the background. It was a slow melody that reminded Mimi of the twinkling stars in the sky. She closed her eyes and let the music take her on a journey to the never-ending heavens while Taichi smiled warmly at her delicate expression. He was holding her in his arms, intoxicated by her rosy fragrance, yet he wanted to be closer.

And he did move closer and licked his lips, anticipating on tasting her own glossy ones like quenching his thirst on forbidden fruit. A gentle pressure fell onto her lips, and Mimi's eyes opened instantly, finding Taichi lazily kissing her. She pulled back from him and looked away, blushing at the unexpected. He slowly came out of the trance, smiling like an idiot, and touched his lips.

"Cherry?" he inquired light-heartedly about the lip gloss flavor.



TO BE CONTINUED...

Hey, Mimi-chan! You hear something? Yeah, it's a beautiful melody, don't ja think? Sad? What? Hey, wait up! Where are ya goin'?! Oh, and it looks like Tai-chan can't sleep either. I wonder what's buggin' him... Wait! What's Miyako doing?! Isn't that Ken's dorm?! Where's Ken?! He's been out of it (for a whole episode already)! Hey, who's that guy over there?? The one in the shadows! He looks suspicious! Someone find out!! Whaa... What's wrong with everyone?!! Koushiro! DO something! Don't make Mimi pry you away from that laptop! *groan*

Next time on DIGITAL REVOLUTION... Episode Four: "Broken Melody"


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Sorrie, I'm ending it there. I apologize that there wasn't any action. And there's some MiChi... Don't ask me what pair this'll end up 'cause I don't know, and please don't bug me about how you don't like Mimi, or you don't like this couple just because YOU think it sucks. I have enough of that. And ya know what? The more you tell me how much you hate a certain couple, the more I'll write about that couple!!!!!