Digimon Fan Fiction / Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Digital Revolution ❯ Kindness Returns ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
[ Insert disclaimer from first episode. ]


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~


The next day in class, Mimi nearly threw a fit right there on the floor. The teacher had no right to yell at her in front of the class just because she forgot to do her homework. From the previous day, she had been too tired and completely forgot about her homework. She would've told him why, but no one would believe what she had gone through.

"STAND IN THE HALLWAY!" he commanded her. "You can think about your inappropriate behavior there. When you learn to accept your faults, you will be allowed back in." She frowned and marched out the room. She was having seconds about the academy now. Her teachers at her old schools were never this mean and unreasonable. It was still the first week of school, and he treated her like some unwanted pet.

Her mind was settled that when she got back to her room, she would write to her parents and demand that go else where. She thought about what had caused her unfortunate morning and sighed. If she left Odaiba, then she might not be able to see Sora, Palmon, and Yamato again.

She leaned against the wall, staring up at the ceiling. She had been doing that a lot lately, just sighing and drifting off into another world (literally). Was she getting depressed about something? She shook her head in disbelief. Mimi Tachikawa was never depressed. And it hit her that she might be lonely. "No way," she said quietly. "I've got Sora. She's my best friend."

She frowned, thinking it was the weird school that was causing all sorts of thoughts flying through her head. She really needed to get away from here.



A Digimon & Revolutionary Girl Utena Fusion

Digital Revolution

written by K-chan


Episode Two: Kindess Returns



When the bell rang for the end of class, Mimi stepped aside as students filed out for a morning break. When the room was empty, she reentered the classroom to retrieve her belongings. Her teacher was up at the board, erasing the day's lesson, and Mimi didn't bother talking to him, certain she would just receive more punishment.

The teacher turned around and saw Mimi packing her books into her school bag. "Miss Tachikawa," he called as he sat down at his desk. "I would like a word with you." She finished putting her books and walked to his desk, clutching the bag tightly. If he was out of line again, she would probably whack him with it.

He took off his glasses as if his eyes seemed tired. "I apologize for my rude actions. I was disappointed in your lack of effort when you seem to have potential." Mimi was definitely surprised and had tuned him out right after the official apology. She caught his last words which had to do with turning in the homework the next day to receive a lower grade.

Now that was something she could live with. She bowed, thanking him for allowing her to do that, but he warned her, "This will be the ONLY time." He didn't appear to hold it against her, but she nodded, laughing a bit, and left.

Okay, so it had only been two days at the academy, and even though bad things had come up, she shouldn't let them get in her way. She was very relieved now and hoped the rest of the day would go easy on her. "C'mon, Mimi," she encouraged herself, "it's all over now, so just forget it all." She smiled, agreeing with herself.

She walked by a bulletin board of school news, and one of flyers caught her eye. She stepped over and began to read the flyer that had 'cheerleading' written all over it. Maybe she could participate in this like she did before. It said tryouts were after school today in the gymnasium. Things were looking up for her now.

Mimi turned around when she heard giggling and high-pitched voices coming towards her. She nearly fell to the floor in laughter when she saw an uncomfortable Yamato trying to push his way through the horde of females screaming for him. She couldn't suppress it any more and let her laughter ring down the hallway. She was laughing so hard that she had to lean forward, hugging her stomach from the pain.

She looked up again pass her teary eyes and saw Yamato had stopped and was staring at her with confused eyes. She let herself calm down a bit before going over to him and greeting him. It really was a funny sight. Here was Yamato Ishida, a handsome, cool, popular guy, who would probably later in life would fear women, looking like a trapped puppy in a cage.

She smiled as she walked over to him and his fangirls. "Hi, Yamato," she said. "What's up?" She watched musingly as the girls followed their idol's gaze to the girl in pink. She could've sworn the girls would've dropped dead right there when Yamato spoke to her, giving her all of his attention.

"Nothing much," he said. "Would you like to have lunch together?" The girls glared at Mimi, wanting to burn her to ashes. It would've worked if they had any magical powers, but they were only giddy schoolgirls with huge crushes on Yamato.

"Sure," Mimi replied simply, not bothering to wonder if it was some sort of date or anything.

"I'll walk you to your next class," he said it as if it was an order. Mimi nodded as she snapped the priceless moment in her head when the girls gasped--some even fainted on the spot. They were all in shock, Mimi observed. Yamato just left them to replay the scene in their heads and walked with Mimi down the hallway.

"They were all over you!" Mimi giggled, still picturing the girls' reaction when she accepted his offer. "You do know how popular you are, right?" He just shrugged, which promptly caused Mimi to raise an eyebrow.

"Anyway, do you mind if my friend joins us?" she asked.

"Whatever."

"Geeze, you're not much of conversationalist," she said with disappointment in her voice. He just walked silently by her side until they reached her next class. She was about to walk in but turned to him instead. "Look, Yamato, if we're friends, could you at least smile or something? I know you have this cool reputation to uphold, but it really bugs me not seeing a smile on that cute face of yours." She leaned close to him, putting on her big, brown, puppy eyes, and in a sweet voice said, "Please. For me."

He stared at her for almost a minute, and she could tell he was really surprised. His lips were slightly parted, appearing hesitant in speech. He averted his eyes away from her, brushing his hand through his golden hair as if it was a distraction. He seemed to have come to some conclusion when he faced her again, but this time, he wore a smile for her.

She was so right from the day before. Yamato was very attractive when he smiled. Now she understood why every female student at Odaiba was drooling over him. "Perfect!" she praised him. "I'll see ya at lunch!" She turned away from him and entered the classroom.

Yamato stood there for an unknown amount of time, thinking about what she had just requested him to do. Why had she asked him to do a stupid thing? He just didn't understand it. If she asked him to go kill someone, he would've done it even if it was wrong and he didn't want to. But because he had the Crest of Friendship, he had to obey whoever was the champion of the Digital Battles.

He didn't know what to think about the new champion. She was so different from Ken and everyone else. As he slowly replayed each word she said to him, his blue eyes widened at the realization. Unlike the others, Mimi had treated him like a friend rather than someone bound to their Crest.

He shook his head at the possibility. She didn't seem to understand what she was involved in, but when she does, she'll be like everyone else and treat him like a servant to his Crest. He stuffed his hands into his pocket and stalked off, letting his mind spiral into pessimism.



Later that morning, another meeting was held in the private computer room. It was spurred on by Ken, who didn't take his defeat with ease. Like always, Miyako was immersed in her own musical world while Koushiro was typing away on his laptop. Ken stood by the window with his fist clenched tightly by his sides.

Taichi leaned back in his chair with his feet on the table. "Woah, who'd thought the new girl could beat Ken!" he whistled. "I didn't even know it was Mimi! What a twist!" He seemed to have said the last sentences to himself.

"So Yamato's with her now," Koushiro said without taking his eyes away from the screen. "She's one of us, so it doesn't matter who brings the 'revolution.'

Ken faced the group, frowning. "She didn't receive an e-mail from the Digital World." Taichi nearly fell out of his chair, which quickly brought Miyako out of her world. The computer genius looked at the speaker in wonderment. "She didn't know what she was getting into when we fought."

"None of us would be here if we had not received the Crests and the e-mail from the Digital World. Only a Digidestined could have the Crests of the Digital World. If your theory holds true, Ken, then how and why was she chosen? What are the possibilities of that happening?" Koushiro turned back to his laptop, planning on answering his questions.

Taichi stood up, shaking his head like his brain was working too hard processing the information. "Wait a minute, so you think she's not one of us? She's just some girl with the Crest of Sincerity? Or maybe her Crest is a fake? But if it is, then how was she able to get to the Digital World? She has a digimon and kicked Ken's butt. So with all that, she's a total outcast and shouldn't be recognized?!"

Koushiro's typing stopped, and he and Miyako were gawking at an annoyed Taichi and his speech. Ken just glared at him. "Tai, she's different from us. She has no purpose with the Digital World."

"And like WE do?!" he shot back. "And don't tell me it's for 'revolutionizing' the Digital World. You're just a sore loser, Ken. You were beaten by an amateur--a girl at that." Taichi was quickly shoved to the floor by an angry Ken. Koushiro quickly got to his feet, and he and Miyako pushed in between the two boys who wanted to beat each other to silence.

"C'mon, guys! Stop it!" Miyako yelled. "We're supposed to be a team here!" She pulled Ken back by his arm while Koushiro had to wrap his arms around Taichi's waist and drag him back.

"Team, huh?" Ken grumbled. "If we're team, then why is he defending some stranger?!"

Taichi shouted at him, "You're bein' unreasonable!"

"What about you?! After seeing a pretty face, you're thinking with your pants!"

"JUST WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKIN'?!!" Taichi was very pissed off after Ken's stupid assumption. Mimi was pretty, but he never thought about any girl that way. It took all of Koushiro's strength just to hold him back from punching Ken, but he was still struggling. Miyako let go of Ken and helped Koushiro calm Taichi down.

Ken saw Taichi was out of his mind right now and won't be thinking straight any time soon. He adjusted his uniform and walked towards the exit, leaving the three to end the meeting he had started. After seeing his opposition, he was glad he didn't tell them he would deal with Mimi himself. It was his destiny to be champion of the Digital World, and she wasn't going to stand in his way.



It was almost lunchtime, but the school bell did not ring yet. Mimi just stared at the clock, wishing the stupid second hand would hurry up. She was not only hungry, but she was having lunch with Yamato! She couldn't forget the smile he gave her, but the look in his eyes bothered her.

She sighed, knowing it was too good to be true. She didn't understand why he forced that smile. It wasn't like she was twisting his arm or anything, and he certainly didn't have to listen to her. She would have to talk to him about that at lunch.

The bell rang, and Mimi grabbed her books and school bag on impulsive and was the first one out of the classroom. Unfortunately, she shouldn't be rushing at all. That way she would collide with less people and not end up on her bottom. "Oh geeze, I better not make a habit of this," she said as she got up.

She saw her books were scattered around her, but someone was picking them up for her. From behind, the guy looked very familiar. "I'm really sorry about that," she said to him. She grabbed her school bag as the guy stood up and handed her the books. She saw his face, and her complexion dropped a few shades. "Oh. Hi, Ken," she said nervously, not liking his hard expression staring at her. "I'm really sorry."

Ken was about to say something, but the two were interrupted by a group of pissed off girls. "Miki Tachihara!" the leader of the group screamed. The girl looked like she was too old to be in school at all. Odaiba Academy had grade levels from elementary school up to high school.

The girl stomped up to Mimi and Ken, keeping her eyes fixed on the former. Mimi raised an eyebrow, looking very amused at how stupid the girl appeared. The older girl had short, dark-brown-reddish hair that spiked out and could poke someone's eye out. She reminded Mimi slightly of a porcupine for some reason.

"How dare you have a lunch date with Yamato?! I will not allow someone like... like..." She seemed to be at a loss for words, and the confusion on her face almost caused Mimi to laugh in her face. "Someone like YOU to be around Yamato!" she squealed, pointing to Mimi.

Mimi held her books with one arm and placed her free hand on her hip, tilting her head at the loud girl. "And just who are you to tell me, MIMI TACHIKAWA, what to do?" she inquired, also pointing out the girl's name error. Mimi smiled inwardly, thinking that just in two days she had caused a lot of ruckus at the academy.

The girl took a giant step back in shock, placing a hand over her heart like she was about to collapse with a heartattack. She recovered and spoke loudly at Mimi, "I can't believe you!! You call yourself a decent fangirl of Yamato's!! I am Jun Motomiya!! President of Odaiba's 'I Love Yamato Ishida' fanclub!"

Mimi laughed, stunning Jun and the girls as well as causing Ken to make a curious face. Ken had just wanted to tell Mimi something and then leave, but after seeing this little drama, it amused him. He knew Yamato was popular with the female crowd and was certain that all the girls liked him, especially the crazy Jun.

Jun purposely stayed back two years at Odaiba just to be around Yamato. During those years, she had been in charge of Yamato's fanclub, so every female member looked up to her as a (psycho) role model. She claimed to know everything about Yamato--the Yamato guru.

"You've got to be kidding!" Mimi cried increduously. "Yamato seemed popular, but I didn't know as far as a fanclub! Oh gosh!" She leaned against the wall, bracing herself. It wasn't the fanclub that was that hilarious. It was the girl Jun who was president. She was too goofy-looking to lead an army of Yamato-obsessed girls.

"Ho-How rude!" Jun blurted out angrily. "You're insulting us and Yamato! You don't deserve to be with him!" The girls behind her nodded in agreement. They seemed offended to when Jun brought that to the surface. "This is just a warning, so you better stay away from him or else.. Or else you'll get it!"

Mimi chuckled quietly as she watched them go away. "Whatever," she said. "They're quite a show though." She glanced to the person next to her, having forgotten who it was. "Oh Ken, thanks for getting my books. I have to go, kay? See ya around!" Smiling to him, she started to walk off.

He frowned, wondering if she had forgotten what happened the other day. She just smiled as if all that didn't exist--like the Digital World, the 'revolution,' and Wormmon didn't exist! With those thoughts, it made him angry. She didn't deserve to carry a Crest if it didn't mean anything to her. "Mimi!" he called, trying to keep calm.

She stopped and turned around. "Wha..." She never finished the sentence when she saw this ominous look in his eyes. Those deep-blue eyes were frightening like they were trying to stare into your soul--so hard and cold. Yamato's eyes could not compare to what was in Ken's. Was it hatred that Mimi was seeing? It sent a shiver up her spine.

"Tonight at 8:00. In the Digital World." Those were his only words, and he left in the opposite direction. (Ooh-ho, mysterious rendezvous! Aah, I'll shut up now.) Now Mimi was completely worried, if not freaked out. Was Ken still upset about the Digital Battle? Before that encounter, she'd never knew him, so there really wasn't a reason for him ro be acting that way towards her. His defeat was the only explanation Mimi could think of.

Maybe she could talk to Yamato about it and find out more about the Digital World. She was already late for her so-called 'lunch date,' so she had to hurry. She just hoped Yamato wouldn't be upset or anything. "Hey, Mimi!" someone called.

She stopped and turned to the owner's voice. "Hi," she said, recognizing the young man. "You're Taichi, right?"

The big smile on his face answered her. "Just call me 'Tai.'" He came up to her, and soon the two started walking down the hall side by side. "It's a good thing I spotted ya," he started, glancing down at her uniform. "Ya know, you really stand out in the crowd," he laughed.

She just rolled her eyes at him. "So what do you want, Tai?" she asked, not looking at him. "I refuse to be a target for soccer practice."

He laughed, "Hey, I already apologized." A few moments later, he became serious, stopping in his tracks. Mimi stopped as well, wondering what was wrong with him. He didn't seem to be the melodramatic type. "Hey, Mimi."

"Yes, Tai."

His dark-brown eyes looked directly into her light ones. The nervous feeling when she looked at Ken returned to her again. "Be careful around Ken, all right?"

"Ken? You know him too?"

He nodded and took out a similar Crest as hers, but it had a different symbol. "Ken didn't take his defeat happily, so just be careful." Mimi looked away, mumbling something about how it was too late, but Taichi didn't catch it. "Didja say somethin'?"

"Aah, no," she replied. "Just that I'm supposed to meet Yamato, and I'm really late."

Taichi frowned a bit and then smiled. "Well in that case, I'll join ya. A day without bugging Yama-chan is like not breathing," he chuckled. Mimi looked confused and then joined him in the laughter.



Yamato was standing in the rose garden, just outside the garden's greenhouse. It had already been ten minutes, and Mimi had not shown up yet. Was she coming at all? Did she just ditch him? That would be a first. Every girl at Odaiba had dreamt of merely catching a gaze of the 'Lonely Wolf,' an appropriate name given to him for his cool, independent self.

He frowned, thinking if she didn't come, then word would be all over Odaiba the next day about how he was stood up. He wasn't sure if he was upset about his would-be tarnished reputation or if his fanclub would become a big pain for Mimi getting on her case about it. Either way, it didn't matter because here came Mimi.

Yamato's frown returned when he saw the bushy-haired pest next to her. Taichi waved to him with his trademark grin, "Yo, Yama-chan! Sorry, we're late!"

Before the blonde would've asked if Taichi was the guest to join them for lunch, but Mimi was already waving to someone. "SORA!! OVER HERE!!" The guys watched Mimi run up to a girl with short, orange-brownish hair and hug her.

She returned to them with Sora. "Guys, this is my best friend, Sora Takenouchi." She turned to Sora and formally introduced the two young men, gesturing to each respectively. "I'm sure you know these two popular guys of Odaiba," Mimi giggled. Yamato was indifferent to the comment, but Taichi puffed out his chest, looking proud.

Minutes later, the quartet sat beneath a tree for lunch. Mimi bought her lunch at school since she didn't have time nor enjoyed making her lunch. Sora of course had made her own. It wasn't anything great, but it was definitely better than what Taichi had. "Hey, did you girls know Yama-chan's a great cook?!" Taichi blurted out, admiring what the blonde was having.

"Really?" Mimi said, looking at Yamato with interested. She looked at his lunchbox, and it did look appetizing. "Wow, it looks delicious, Yamato." He kindly offered it to her, but she looked unsure. "Are you sure 'bout this?" He nodded, and she took a few pieces of food. (Oh, I don't know what all goes in a bentou!)

"Oh, isn't that so cute!" Sora teased. The pair looked at her and blinked. Mimi blushed, turning away from a clueless Yamato. Taichi appeared slightly annoyed but soon got out of it when Sora began to talk about soccer with him.

Sora was comfortably seated in between Mimi and Taichi, and the four formed a semi-circle only because Yamato refused to sit next to the grinning brunnette, who kept teasing him endlessly.

Mimi wasn't at all interested in soccer, so she tuned the duo's discussion out, quietly eating her lunch. She really wanted to ask Yamato and Taichi about the Digital World, but since Sora was there, she decided not too. It was best that she didn't drag her best friend into her problems.

Yamato had noticed the silence of the girl next to him and wondered what she was thinking, but then their attention were soon on Taichi's and Sora's discussion which turned out to be Sora praising Taichi on his leadership and skills while the young man accepted her compliments without any modesty. Mimi giggled while Yamato rolled his eyes.



The rest of the afternoon went pretty well for Mimi. She had some homework to catch up on, so she couldn't stay for Sora's soccer practice, but the girl wiggled out a promise that she would attend the the game at the end of the week. She was walking down the hallway, thinking about this and that. There were so many things on her mind, but she just didn't know how to deal with them.

She stopped in her tracks when she saw a group of girls walk pass her. They mentioned something about tryouts and that was when she remembered about the cheerleading tryouts that afternoon. If she had anything valuable in her arms right now, she would've dropped it from the epiphany that struck her. Now she had a bigger dilemma than anything else in the past days. (Or was it day?)

She stood there, biting her nails nervously, but soon ceased in horror at what she was doing to her beautiful pink nails. "Okay, I could either be a good girl and go home and do my homework," she debated aloud, "OR go to the tryouts!" She closed her eyes, tapping her foot steadily, as seconds passed, and soon minutes passed. "THAT'S IT!!" she screamed and ran in towards her final decision.



It was already evening when Mimi reached her dormitory. She stepped into her place and dropped her school bag to the floor like it was heavy work carrying the thing around. Not turning around, she lifted her leg a bit and backkicked (umm, yeah) the door shut. She walked over to the couch and lazily flopped onto her stomach on it.

She didn't imagine the tryouts would take hours--over two hours! The gymnasium was so crowded when she got there. It was like half of Odaiba's junior high and senior high female student body was there--if not the whole academy! It was a pain to get everyone organized and into smaller groups, but eventually she and her group showed them what talent they had. It wasn't so bad, but everyone had to wait until next week to find out the first cut list, and then they would narrow the number down two more times.

She did hope she made it because then she would have something to do besides watching soccer practice, and as much as she loved shopping, she would like to have some other hobby. She was really exhausted because she fell asleep a minute later.

Mimi felt like she slept for ages when she started to groggily wake up. She groaned, adjusting herself on the couch so she would be on her back. She opened her eyes and stared lazily at the ceiling, noticing that the room was dark like she had left it when she walked in.

Getting whatever strength she had, she pushed herself up in a sitting position, rubbing her eyes. "What time is it?" she asked the empty room. She suddenly gasped and rushed to the shelves where a clock sat. "Omigod! It's a quarter till eight!!" She stumbled back a bit, wondering if she should go back to the forbidden area. She didn't really promise Ken that she would go. The way he had told her, it was more like an order.

But what did he want with her? Was he going to hurt her? But then they would be in the Digital World, where Palmon would be, so he wouldn't be able to harm her if she had her digimon by her side.

Mimi stood up with her set decision. She should go ahead and settle the whole digital nonsense and leave it to the professionals. That way she could have a normal student life without having to worry about another world, but she could still see Palmon, right? She hoped so because the two friends seemed to hit it off at the beginning.

Anyway, she had to hurry because she only had fifteen minutes to get to the tower and get transported to the Digital World. The teleporting part was not a problem, however she had to spring from her dormitory to the academy and then across the fields and then onto the trail that took her to the outer parts of the campus, not to mention she had to run down the tunnel of trees to get to the tower. It was one hell of a run for Mimi, but then she gave up and walked the rest of the way, making her like half an hour late.

The green light came and went quickly, and Mimi rubbed away the temporary blindness, taking notice of a different setting. She was VERY still when she realized she was near the edge of a cliff. She slowly backed away after taking a careful look of how far down it was. Even though the forest below would ease the fall, but it still didn't look appealing. "Okay," she said quietly, "just when I was getting used to the whole 'teleporting to another dimension' thing, and I end up at who knows where!" She looked up into the sky, seeing for the first time that it was DAYLIGHT.

"MIMI!"

The girl turned around to be greeted by her happy digimon friend. "Palmon!! You look great!" They both hugged each other until another voice roared over their giggling.

"You're LATE," Ken informed her, coming into view with Wormmon. With one hand in his pockey, he did not look happy--probably worse than that morning when she saw him.

"SORRY!" Mimi snapped, getting fed up with his serious, gloomy attitude. Ken was surprised from her reaction, but he hid it well. "So I overslept! I'm not perfect--not like YOU," she sneered at him. "And I didn't even say I would meet you here at eight o'clock! I've still got lots of homework! And do you know what I had to go through to get HERE?! Sprinting across the field is NOT a pleasant trip!" She put a hand on her hip as she glared at him, "And what do I get when I'm here?! Some ungrateful being whose gaze could send the Earth into another Ice Age!"

Ken kept his indifferent face but frowned inwardly at the complaining girl. She didn't deserved to be here. She didn't deserve the Crest. She didn't deserve any of this! "Are you done yet?" he said coldly. When her mouth stopped running, he turned away and walked farther off the rocky terrain. "We will battle over here."

"Battle?" she repeated and followed with Palmon right behind her. "You mean, you want to fight again? Just why do we have to fight--I mean, the digimons. What's the point of all this?! Wormmon was hurt last time, so why are you making him fight again?!" She wanted some answers right now, but Ken didn't say anything though. She looked down to Palmon.

The plant digimon shook her head, "I don't know. I just know that you're my friend, Mimi, and I'll do everything to protect you." Mimi smiled and hugged her. At least there was someone caring at that moment.

Mimi stood up again and looked at Ken. "So there's really no way for us NOT to fight?" He just glared at her, which got her irritated. "Okay, so if being the victor means SO much to you, then why don't I just forfeit?" She quickly looked at Palmon with apologetic eyes, "It's not that I don't believe in you, Palmon. I just don't want you to go through something that I don't think is worth it."

"It's okay, Mimi. Whatever you do is okay with me."

"Well?" she said, getting back to Ken on her offer.

"I don't take charity." He gestured for Wormmon to step forward.

Mimi sighed and then turned to Palmon with a wink. "Let's show 'em!" Palmon nodded with lots of confidence. The girl watched as her partner went out to greet her opponent. She would cheer Palmon on even if she wanted the battle to end with her defeat, but she had to put her selfishness aside since it wouldn't be fair to Palmon. She wondered what Palmon wanted out of this.

She recalled her first battle which Yamato was present and looked around, not seeing anyone else. "Hey, Ken!" she called. "Isn't Yamato suppose to be here or something?"

"There's no need for him or anyone else at these DigiBattles--only the champion and the challenger with their digimons. Now let's begin."

The two rookie digimons circled each other, carefully sizing one another. Ken took out his Crest and smiled. "Let's get to the interesting part," he announced. "WORMMON! DIGIVOLVE TO STINGMON!"

Mimi pouted and took out her own Crest. "PALMON! DIGIVOLVE TO TOGEMON!" The digimons transformed side by side into their next level, and the real battle began. Surprisingly, the two were equally matched, causing Ken to wonder how Togemon could become so strong in a short amount of time. (I STILL suck at these scenes.)

Her concentration on the battle was cut short when she heard some fluttering nearby. It sounded like a really loud insect. She saw Ken staring wide-eyed in her direction, actually it was more like behind her. Mimi turned around and screamed at the sight of a giant, red and black beetle!

"MIMI!" Togemon shouted in alarm, and her battle against Stingmon stopped. "GET AWAY FROM HER, KUWAGAMON! PRICKLY BANG BANG!" The giant cactus launch several needles in the insect's direction as Mimi managed to stumble away from the creature, but Kuwagamon just deflected the needles off his hard-shelled arm.

"WHAT IS THAT THING?! WHAT DOES IT WANT?!" Mimi blurted out, running towards Ken, as she glanced over her shoulders to see Kuwagamon swooping down towards her direction. She focused on getting the hell away and saw that she had to get a shocked Ken out of her danger as well. She was almost to him. "KEN!" she screaming, leaping at him.

It all happened so fast that Ken didn't registered the urgency of the situation until he heard Mimi calling his name. The next thing he knew, the girl threw herself at him, and he felt her body pushing him meters away from danger. He landed pretty hard, but luckily the bush cushioned it slightly. He tried to sit up, but it was hard when someone was on top of him.

Slowly, Mimi pushed herself from collapsing on Ken. She felt a gush of wind pass by above them, realizing Kuwagamon hadn't followed their lucky retreat into the forest edge. She heard Togemon and Stingmon attacking Kuwagamon, but she had to see if Ken was all right first.

"Ken! Are you okay?!" she asked with great concern in her voice. Ken was too stunned to reply, seeing her big, brown eyes hoping that he was all right. She was genuinely worried about him when his only intent was just to defeat her. "Ken?!" she called again, shaking him by the shoulders. "Are you in shock?! Answer me!"

He blinked his thoughts and confusion aside, trying to concentrate on the digimon fight against Kuwagamon. "Yes, I'm fine," he answered quietly, easing her worries. As he stood up, Mimi joined him, turning her gaze to the fighting digimons. The pair couldn't do anything to help their companions. They watched as the giant insect digimon clobbered Togemon and Stingmon like it was nothing.

Mimi gasped as the two digimons crashed into the wall of trees, returning to their rookie forms. They had used a lot of energy during the DigiBattle before Kuwagamon interrupted. If they were still in their peak form, the two of them would've easily beatened the insect.

"WORMMON!"

"PALMON!!"

The two teenagers were running towards their wounded friends, but Kuwaguman intercepted them, hovering over them menacingly. Ken absentmindedly stepped in front of Mimi like he was protecting her. Glaring at the flying creature, he demanded, "Why are you attacking us?! The DigiBattles don't involve you! You're not a chosen one!"

"You think I care?!" Kuwagamon bellowed. "I was having a nice nap till you all ruined it!! NOW I'M JUST PISSED!! And I'm taking it out on all of you!!"

"And I thought I was cranky," Mimi mumbled.

"You better not hurt Ken!" Wormmon warned, getting back on his little feet. (Oh he's just so cute for a larva creature!) Palmon was getting up too, giving a similar threat to Kuwagamon.

The big meanie turned around to them and taunted, "Oh, and what are you puny digimons gonna do about it?"

"Well," Palmon began, thinking what they could do, "as soon as we think of something, you're gonna get it!"

Kuwagamon laughed at the amusing digimons that he could just stomp on, and that was not good for him because he apparently wasn't paying attention to the green and pink light radiating from Mimi's and Ken's Crest, respectively. (Umm, Ken's crest is pink, right? I think I read it from somewhere.)

"Ken, what's going on now?" Mimi asked, puzzled.

"I-I don't know," he answered. "This never happened before."

Kuwagamon finally caught on when Palmon and Wormmon began to glow with the same lights. He shielded his eyes as the two rookies digivolved into their champion forms.

"TOGEMON!"

"STINGMON!"

The two shouted in unison, "DNA DIGIVOLVE TO... MUTOSHIGEMON!" (Eh heh, I know there's no such digimon--just keep reading.) The two digimons merged, becoming one hell of a creature! The new appearance was a lot like Stingmon, but parts of the body--like the arms and legs--were wrapped with vines down to the black boxing gloved hands. (Heh.) Small spikes covered the body armor, and but the insect wings were still the same. Instead of the reddish-colored hair that Stingmon had, it was now a bit longer and blonde like the patch of hair/grass on Togemon.

"Wow, that was so cool!" Mimi remarked. Ken only nodded in agreement, still staring at the new digimon. He didn't know that was even possible. "GO BEAT 'IM UP, MUTOSHIGEMON!!"

"YOU GOT IT!" it replied with the voices of the two combined digimons. (So it's an 'it,' right?)

Kuwagamon flew straight at Mutoshigemon before his opponent could attack. "SCISSOR ARMS!" (I have no idea what that attack is like, so I'm making this up.) His powerful arms would've crushed Mutoshigemon if it wasn't for the combined strength of two digimons that held Kuwagamon at bay. "Aargh, you're pretty tough," he commented, struggling to overpower his enemy.

"SPIKING BLAST!" Mutoshigemon's armor shot out the spikes at the red insect, forcing him back in distraction. It smirked before winding its right hand back for the finish. "HELL PUNCH!" he shouted, smashing the now spiked glove into Kuwagamon's face.

Kuwagamon was sent soaring back really far about to lose consciousness, "YOU BROKE MY NOSE!! Wait, I don't have a nose." It was kind of late in realizing that because he soon lost consciousness right after that and went plummeting off the cliff.

Mimi ran to the edge of the cliff, wondering what would happen to their attacker. "After that fall, I'm sure he can't survive that." Ken walked up behind her and looked down as well. He wasn't too sure about that. The insect digimon was rather annoying, interrupting the DigiBattle.

"Maybe," came a voice. After the used up energy in DNA digivolving and fighting, Mutoshigemon had returned to its two form, but these were not of Palmon and Wormmon. They were way cuter than their rookie forms. "I'm Tanemon now," she said, noting the confusion on Mimi's face. "This is our training stage."

Mimi picked up Tanemon into her arms. "So how many forms do you have?" she asked, but Tanemon just shook her head. She looked over at Ken who was holding Minomon. "So Ken, what about the DigiBattle."

"We'll leave it as it is," he said, giving her that cold look, "for now." He hated to admit it, but she did save him, so it was only right to to pay that debt. She didn't like that look he gave her, but she just nodded, wondering how long it would be till he challenged her again.



After Mimi and Ken returned to their world, for some reason he walked her back to her dormitory. Maybe he thought it wasn't safe for a girl to walk back by herself in the dark--after all, it was almost ten o'clock.

They reached the building in silence. Mimi wanted to thank him, but Ken just turned away to leave. "Ken," she called with a hand on her hip, frowning. He had stopped but didn't turn around. "Why are you being so unfriendly? Can't we at least be friends? I'm trying to be nice here, and all you do is push me away. I know you're a nice guy because you really care about Wormmon, but is that how you treat everyone else?"

He turned around to face her, but his expression didn't change any bit. "The Digital World is very important. If you can't see that, then you don't deserve to be a Digidestined."

She marched right up to him and would've angrily smacked him, but she held herself back. "It's important to me too! Palmon's there, and she's my friend! Just like how Wormmon's there, and Yamato's digimon. And even Tai's! So why wouldn't it matter to me what happens in the Digital World?!"

Ken was quiet, evaluating every word that came out of her mouth. She was very sincere, which meant that she really was the Digidestined with the Crest of Sincerity.

Mimi was really upset when he didn't answer, taking his silence as an insult. "Just because I'm not like you nor think like you doesn't mean I don't care. I may be new to this, and at first I didn't want to be involved, but now it can't be helped." She looked away sadly like she was about to cry but then turned to him with a smile. "But I'm glad about one thing: I have nice friends now."

She sighed, seeing that she wasn't going to get any response from Ken. "Good night, Ken," she said, leaning close to him, and lightly kissed his cheek. She straightened up, smiling, and walked into the building.

Ken's hand slowly touched the spot her lips had caressed, feeling his face filled with warmth. He was probably blushing really bad, and he was really glad it was dark, so she didn't see him look like a fool. He frowned and scolded himself for being weak, succumbing to his emotions.

Mimi was the current champion he had to defeat, but she treated him like a friend. It was something almost new to him. Even though he was in the same boat as the other Digidestined and he had Wormmon, it felt different when she was around. He didn't even know why he was thinking that way.



While Ken was trying to sort his situation out, he wasn't the only one thinking about Mimi that night. Yamato laid in his bed, recalling the events that whole day involving Mimi. She was certainly different from all the other girls, not hanging all over him and swooning at just speaking or seeing him.

Her friend, Sora, was different too, but she was too caught up on Taichi and soccer. She was also somewhat of a tomboy even in a girl's uniform, and that didn't appeal to him. He rolled onto his side with his last thoughts of the girl in pink before drifting off to sleep.



TO BE CONTINUED... Episode Three, "Dreams and Nightmares"

Gomen, Mimi-chan, but there are some good news and some bad news. What? You know, and you already have a dress? Geeze, you're quick to celebrate. Anyway how are you and the guys? [groans] You know, Yama-chan, Ken-chan, and Tai-chan?! Anyway I think Tai-chan's having some problems too. Who's that young girl? You don't know, then go ask him! Oh fine, go talk to Yama-chan! WAAH, you guys, look out!! It's JUN!! Ken-chan, don't just stand around! DO SOMETHING!! Okay, I'm outta here!


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

K-CHAN'S PLEA: Ya know, I'm SO NOT good with those digimon fights. I'm still NOT familiar with their attacks and still haven't seen many episodes, especially with the various digimons the group goes up against, so I'm kinda winging all the description of attacks. I'm really sorry if it's not a thing like the anime itself. And also if someone would help out on this, I would be SO, SO, SO happy!! SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPIE!! (Gee, do I sound desparate or what?!) After all, this fic is more character-centered than anything.

So how was the 'Kenmi' parts for ya? [giggling] Well I'm glad there are a few Kenmi fans. I think Ken-chan's SO cute!! Umm... this kinda has to do with Ken-chan, but I just wanna say... I LOVE THE TITLE TO THIS EPISODE!! Haha. "Kindness Returns." Of course, I'm talkin' 'bout Ken-chan...

Oh I forgot to add the part of Mutoshigemon. Of course I made that up, sillie people! 'Mushi' means 'insect' in Japanese while 'toge' means 'thorns.' I just shifted it around for the DNA digivolving. [thinking] So I guess'll they'll be more DNA digivolving between other digimons. [winks] Watch out for those!

I'm just SO disappointed with the ending of Digimon where everyone's all grown up! SORATO?! YUCK!! Sorry, Sorato fans, but it still doesn't compute in my head!!! I can accept Taiora, but Sorato?!!!!!!! I just love Yama-chan too much. I'm okay with Kenyako--they're cute with their children. Hikari is SO pretty! I have this image of everyone, but Takeru and Daisuke aren't there. I do have another one with Takeru, so that's okay, but I wonder about Daisuke!!

Anyway, back to "Digital Revolution"... I just wanna point out the current Digidestined with the Crests so far:
Taichi - Courage
Yamato - Friendship
Ken - Kindness
Miyako - Love
Koushiro - Knowledge.
As you know so far, those five are the official Digidestined 'cause they each received an e-mail from the Digital World as well as their Crests. Mimi on the other hand happened to have had it. And you're probably wonderin' why I have Miyako be the one with the Crest of Love instead Sora, huh? Well, I think Sora is a better best friend to Mimi. I mean if you know RGUtena, Utena's best friend, Wakaba, is in love with Saionji, captain of the kendou club, so Sora has the perfect role. I'll throw in a bit of Taiora FOR NOW. Ahaha, I'm just evil... I think.

And why do I keep typing 'Digital World' rather than 'DigiWorld?' I really don't know--well, how do you shorten 'the End of the World?' 'The World's End?' Okay, nevermind, I'm just babbling now.

And finally, this last message is to SaturnOolaa. I won't be following every single detail of the RGUtena anime. Umm, so Yamato isn't like a princess/witch or anything like that. See, even the beginning of episode one, the story of the princess had to be different--more Digimon-like. I'm just using the general idea of RGU for a start of a storyline. I'm thinking and hoping it will be more Digimon-ish in future episodes. I know I'm crazy for even writing this, but I haven't gone over the edge... yet.

Like I said at the end of the first episode, it was supposed to be funny... but somehow it just got semi-serious. I don't know why... I did add Jun in their for comic relief, and there's still Tai-chan... but umm, I guess I see my humor differently from everyone else. Gomen! All right people, I've like rambled on TOO MUCH here.

Anyway if you have questions on my insanity, feel free to ask. If I can reason it out, I'll be happy to either send you an e-mail or post my response in the next episode (like I did in this one). =^-^=