Digimon Fan Fiction / Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Digital Revolution ❯ The Crest of a Princess ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Digimon and Revolutionary Girl Utena do not belong to me. You know that now, so go read the story. [putting on her big, adorable, puppy eyes] PLEASE!


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~


'Long, long ago in a far away kingdom, there lived a princess, who was a spoiled brat to all but no one dared commented for they feared their lives. She lived in luxury, ignoring the people's desparate positions on the social scale. She only cared for herself, which angered the King and Queen. They wanted their daughter to learn what her selfishness has caused her family, friends (if she had any at all), and people, but they loved her too much to force her to do anything she didn't want to. It was their fault that she was the way she was.

Life of pure luxury continued for the princess until one day, a tragedy befell the world. A powerful demon began to terrorize the land and the people. Warriors from across the land bravely fought the demon but soon fell in defeat. Five years passed as the demon took control of most of the kingdoms, and the rest would eventually fall into his hands. One of the last, free kingdoms was where the princess lived.

The princess could not sit down and relax while her father and the court were strategizing in the demon's defeat. It had been years and soon their kingdom would be under the demon's rule if they don't do something now. And that was then the princess began to change. At first it wasn't for the people, she wanted to stop the demon so she could return to her normal, comfortable life without any worries or threats.

There was a legend she remembered when she was a child. It was a legend about chosen warriors who would rise above the plague of darkness and defeat it with their divine powers. Because of a childish belief she still held, she snuck out of the palace one night and left her home kingdom altogether. She was going to find these chosen warriors and have them defeat the demon.

It was this journey that made her eyes open to the devastated scenes of the land and the people. She was horrified to see what the demon had caused, but when she talked to people, they told that there was not much difference between their lives with no demon and with a demon. Then she knew she had not set out to rid the demon for herself but for everyone.

After years of searching, the princess was able to gather the warriors of legend, but one was still missing. She thought it was hopeless to find the last person, so together with Courage, Love, Hope, Friendship, Knowledge, Light and Reliability (Okay guys, you know where I'm going with this so don't laugh at that last cheesy crest--seriously, it just doesn't sound right!), they agreed on going to the demon's lair to destroy him.

It was the final battle when all seemed to be lost. The princess was the only one left standing after her friends had fallen. She confronted the demon who laughed down at her, taunting her. But then Courage pushed himself up with all the strength he had and stood next to the princess. And then Friendship did the same, taking his place on the other side of the princess.

The princess turned to each of them with a smile as she felt the others joining the three behind them. That was when the princess realized that they always had the last warrior with them, and that warrior was her. And with the Warrior of Sincerity, the group pulled their powers together and defeated the demon.

Of course, the demon was killed, and peace returned to the world again. Everything was normal except for the fact that the princess had changed into a kind, sincere girl. She was loved by all--her family, friends, and people.'
(Wow, a story within a story? Maybe I'll right this one too. Mimato or Michi?)

So what did this little fairy-tale-like story have to do with the main story? It's all about change, but how could a story about such a different era affect someone in the modern time? It's not the story itself, but the deeper meaning lying beneath it all.

It was a story of chosen warriors working together to bring change. Change for themselves and the people around them. From darkness comes light, from death comes life. An extreme change. A revolution. In a new era when darkness threatens again, a new revolution is needed, but who are the chosen ones this time? And who will lead them to victory? (Okay, I have NO idea what I'm rambling about--just nod and keep reading.)

All this was a strange dream, and she woke up to a new day. The bright sun seeped through the curtains, caressing the warmth against her soft skin. It was a start of a new life for her, but she kept thinking about the dream. How odd that she would dream something like that when she would usually dream about shopping.

She finally sat up, brushing aside her thoughts, as she knew she would have to depend on herself from now on. She couldn't stay with her parents forever when their jobs required them to travel a lot. She hated to leave them, and they didn't want to leave her, but they reasoned it out that she needed to become an independent girl.

Then she felt something out of place. She opened her hand and found what looks like a necklace with digitalized pendant (Whatever I'm talkin' about.). Engraved on the surface was the shape of a green teardrop. She wasn't sure how she got it or what it meant, but she had a feeling it was something like a good luck charm.

She put around her neck and climbed out of bed. "Well, Odaiba Academy, here comes Mimi Tachikawa." (Geeze, like you didn't know who that was.)



A Digimon & Revolutionary Girl Utena Fusion

Digital Revolution

written by K-chan


Episode One: The Crest of a Princess



Mimi stepped through the gates of Odaiba Academy, drawing all attention onto her slender figure--not to mention the 'shocking pink' uniform she wore. All around her students--males and females--were dressed appropriately in their green uniforms, so it was only obvious that she stood out. "Miss Tachikawa!" shrieked a voice.

She turned around and was face to face with a woman of authority. She recognized the lady as being rumored to be stricted and always confined to the rules of Odaiba. "Yes, ma'am," Mimi answered politely.

The woman continued to glare at her outfit with visible shock in her eyes. This was the first time since Odaiba had existed that a student dared to disobey the rules--especially the dress code. "Miss Tachikawa, what is the meaning of this?!" she demanded, pointing to Mimi's uniform.

The girl's face wrinkled into confusion as she thought about the question. Was the woman looking for some specific answer? Or was it some kind of riddle for the new student on the first day of school? "Umm, I'm ready for new school year?" she replied with nervousness in her voice.

"NO!" the lady screamed. "Your uniform!! It's PINK!!"

Mimi looked down at her cute outfit. Everything was pink except the white border of her blazer and the circular buttons of gold. "Oh, yes." She picked at the buttons, "I was shocked myself when they didn't have any pink, flora buttons. It would've been nice, but these turned out all right too." She looked up at the woman who was not amused.

Mimi blinked when the woman took out a small booklet that read, 'Odaiba Academy Rules.' "This outfit is unacceptable according to the academy dress code!" She snapped the booklet shut and glared at Mimi. "You will return home and change into the appropriate attire!"

The brunette frowned. "I'm sorry, ma'am, but I find the academy's uniforms rather unappealing. And if you read the booklet carefully, it says my uniform must be made by the same store. They did make my uniform in the style of the academy's, but the color was of my choice. No where in the dress code does it say that the uniform was ONLY to be puke green." When Mimi ended her speech, she bowed and walked off, leaving the woman to flip through the dress code booklet, hoping there wasn't a loophole in the rules.

"Oh wow! She's so cool!" she heard some of the girls screamed, admiring Mimi's courage to stand up to the academy officials.

Mimi kept her head high in the air as she proceeded to her first class that morning. Hopefully, the year would be great for her despite the first day, but she did come out victorious. She giggled to herself, thinking after that display, she would be popular in her grade level if not the whole academy of all ages.



After her history class, Mimi was on her way outside to have lunch. Along the way, students stared at her because of the uniform as well as having heard the confrontation against an authority that morning. She returned their stares with a smile. She saw some of the guys melted at the reaction while some girls whacked their boyfriends' head and glared at her, but Mimi just overlooked them all.

She turned the corner down an empty hall of the second floor. She passed a series of windows and stopped to look outside. Below was a beautiful, rose garden, but that wasn't what she was interested in. There was a young man with blonde hair walking in the garden. She noticed his vacant, blue eyes as he went from one batch of roses to another. She was soon startled when his eyes looked up directly at her as if he had sensed her gaze. She heard a familiar voice call her name and turned towards the owner. "MIMI!!" She saw her best friend running up to her. "Hey, Mimi! Going to lunch, huh?" the girl asked.

Mimi glanced out the window again, but the mysterious blonde was gone. She turned back to her friend and said, "Yeah, Sora. Umm, didn't you have some meeting? Track was it?"

Sora groaned, "I did, but not track." She glared at her friend, "I'm on the girls' SOCCER team, Mimi." The girl in pink rubbed the back of her head nervously, giggling. "Anyway it got cancelled, so let's go have lunch!" Her friend nodded, and the two were on their way outside. It was too warm to be stuck in the dining hall.



Mimi and Sora sat out on the hills that had a pleasant view of the soccer field. They were already immersed in their conversation about their classes for the year. Luckily, they had the last two classes of the day together in music and art, but after that Sora had soccer practice while Mimi would either watch her friend's practice or hit the mall for sales. Mimi was filling Sora in on the jewelry sale, which only prompted a sigh from the short-haired girl.

After they finished their lunches, Sora lied down on the grass, closing her eyes to the warm sun. She could dose off that instant if it wasn't for Mimi's scream. She quickly sat up and found her friend flat on her back and a soccer ball right next to her. "Omigod, Mimi! Are you okay?!!" She leaned over to her friend, who was rubbing her red face, and concluded the soccer ball must have hit her face.

Mimi thrusted herself into a sitting position and angrily grabbed the ball next to her. She stood up with Sora as they saw a young man about their age run over to them. He had bushy, brown hair that Mimi would've made fun of if she wasn't pissed off. "WHAT WERE YOU TRYIN' TO DO?!! KILL ME?!!" she screamed at him. She threw the ball at him but she wasn't strong enough to kill him with it.

He let the ball hit his chest and let if fall down, bouncing it on his knee and then his head until it was in his arms. Mimi just glared at him while Sora's eyes were glazed over at the soccer player, so neither of the two noticed Sora's silly, girly expression.

The guy just smiled at Mimi, who got angrier because he hadn't apologized to her. "Sorry 'bout that, uhh," he realized he didn't know her name. Her face was still frowning at him, but he saw she had eased back a bit after the apology.

"Mimi Tachikawa," she said dryly.

"Mimi, huh?" his grin grew wider. "Well I'm really sorry, Mimi." He heard his teammates yell for him to return, so he quickly bid her good-bye. Mimi sighed, thinking he had enough manners to apologize, but the pain in her face stung when she barely touched it. She looked over at Sora, who she had totally forgotten when she was busy glaring and yelling at the guy.

"Omigod," Sora said softly, "I can't believe that was him. Here, so close!" Before Mimi could open her mouth to ask, Sora embraced her friend and began twirling her around. "Oh Mimi! I can't believe that was him!"

Mimi stopped and asked, "Him who?"

She finally stopped and just stared at the girl like she had two heads or something. "I'm not surprised you don't know who that guy who just creamed your face with a soccer ball was. You pretty much have to love soccer to know the popular, talented Taichi Yagami, captain of the boys' soccer team!" Sora's eyes began to flutter with brightness as she clasped her hands together, "Wow, he's so great!! I wish I had his skills! He's like the best soccer player of all Odaiba Academy and he's not even a senior! He's an idol to all soccer players and fans!"

Mimi grinned, seeing Sora was drooling over more than just skills, but she really had to do something about her face. It was probably still red, and she didn't want to go through the rest of the day looking like she was angry or blushing for no apparent reason.



While afternoon classes were in session, Taichi was not in his class but instead in a private room that was filled with rows of computers. The only table without a computer was the one he sat at, and he wasn't alone. Across from him sat a girl with long, purplish hair. She was busy listening to her CD, so she didn't pay attention when the third occupant of the room announced the arrival of two other people.

"What took you guys so long?" Taichi heard the boy at one of the computers asked. "Even Tai got here before you... after nearly killing a girl."

Taichi looked at him and then rolled his eyes, but he remembered the girl Mimi was quite pretty. He should've stayed and talked to her some more. Hopefully, he could run into her again, and maybe on smoother terms. He pushed the thoughts aside when he noticed the cold expressions of one of the arrivals. "Hey, Yamato. What's up with that look?" he smirked. "Don't tell me you're backing out now."

The young man with chin-length, dark-blue hair walked over to the window and stood there. "Geeze, Ken, not you too," Taichi teased, but he didn't answer him. Taichi turned his attention back to the quiet blonde, who hadn't budge since he came into the room. "Is it PMS Day or what?" He waited for someone to say something, but since no one did, he stood up, shaking his head. Everyone had gotten used to his mouth, so they didn't bother shutting him up.

Taichi walked over to the girl and tapped her shoulder. She looked at him for a few seconds before taking off her headphones. "Hey, Tai. What's up?"

"Eleven minutes, forty-three seconds, and eight nanoseconds," the boy at the computer announced right after he pressed the button on a stopwatch. Everyone turned to him and blinked, especially the puzzled faces of Taichi and the girl. "What?" he asked, noticing their stares. "It takes Miyako that long to notice that we have a meeting."

"Hey, I'm easily bored with waiting," Miyako stated the obvious. "Anyway, we can start, ne? Everyone's here."

Ken turned around to them and directed his blue eyes at Yamato. The blonde still had that blank face that caused Ken to drop his own mask and sigh out of weariness. Taichi grinned and said, "I know, I can't believe Yama's so popular with the girls with that attitude. And he's the one with the Crest of Friendship." He walked over to Yamato and patted him on the back. "You are SO friendly, pal," he said with total sarcasm.

Yamato just brushed Taichi away and took Taichi's old seat at the table. The latter shrugged, indicating Ken should start the meeting. "Yamato, it is best if you put up a facade to avoid any suspicions from the students and faculty. It is difficult as it is to carry on dual lives."

"Fine," the blonde finally spoke.

Taichi smiled, "You only agree 'cause you've got that Crest, and since Ken won the challenge last time, you have to do as he tells you." While Miyako giggled, Yamato frowned and turned away from the smiling Taichi. All he wanted to do was wipe that eye sore grin off his face. It was so annoying every time he saw Taichi, but what the brunette said was true since he was bound to the Crest of Friendship.

Rolling his eyes at Taichi's words, Koushiro took over the rest of the meeting, "Ignoring Tai, everyone must have received an e-mail from the Digital World." They nodded their heads. "It seems a new Digidestined will appear soon." He looked at Ken, "I haven't been able to identify the person yet, but I'm sure he or she will challenge you soon.

Ken nodded, understanding what that meant. Since he was the present champion, the life of the Digital World was in his hands. He would be able to do anything--either protect it or destroy it--but the time had not come for the 'revolution' of the Digital World. He took the digital pendant from inside his shirt and looked at it. It was the Crest of Kindness. (Che, like you didn't know.)



Meanwhile, Mimi was in the infirmary, being excused from the rest of her classes. Unfortunately, Sora couldn't join her, so she was stuck in class, and had to inform their teacher of Mimi's situation.

It wasn't so bad for Mimi though, she was actually enjoying her free time. She didn't stay in the infirmary too long. She left with an excused note and was on her way out the building. Her face didn't look too horrible, and she was feeling a lot better now, but maybe a trip to the mall would make her feel great!

Mimi hummed a little tune as she walked down the hall. With her eyes closed, she didn't see where she was going until it was too late. Her bottom met the floor but not too painfully. She looked up from where she was and saw the young blonde again. "Sorry," he said quietly. He held out his hand to her, and she accepted, not taking her hazel eyes from his handsome face. He would've looked more attractive if only he smiled.

"Well, it was my fault for not paying attention," she said. "I'm sorry." She noticed his expression didn't change, and he just stood there, not sure of what else to say. He seemed to be staring at her--well, mostly at her uniform.

"It's pink," he said with a hint of curiosity in his azure eyes.

Mimi flipped her hair back, slightly rolling her eyes at the obvious. "Of course, green isn't my color, ya know. It's just so..." She couldn't find the most appropriate word to express her hatred for the school color, but her feelings were revealed through her the adorable frown.

"Whatever," he said and stuffed his hands into his pockets, turning his eyes away from her form. He walked off, leaving Mimi to hold her frown after him. He was definitely one strange guy, and it made her curious as to what ticked inside that head of his. And just what was he doing in a garden of roses? He didn't seem like a sissy guy to be gagging over flowers.

She sighed and then turned her thoughts back to shopping, but she didn't realized that she started to walk in the same direction that Yamato headed off to, but he wasn't even in her sight.

Mimi walked and walked, noticing how beautiful the campus was without anyone crowding around. It was peaceful, and she felt she would enjoy being a student here. She smiled, thinking about her parents. They wanted her to go to the best school money could buy, and Odaiba Academy was it.

Not realizing it, she came upon these tall, metal gates that were locked, enclosing what seemed like a deserted garden or park maybe. She stepped up to the gates, wondering why no one bothered to take care of a place that could be so beautiful. There was a sign that hung, warning everyone not to enter that it was a prohibited place. She ignored the sign and pondered what it looked like inside as she leaned against the gates, peering into the dark groves of trees. Fear should've settled in her body, but most of the space was occuppied by her curiosity.

She tried to pull the lock apart, but it didn't work, and of course the gates didn't budge so easily. She then decided to go over the stone walls. It wasn't too difficult when she was aided by the stony projections where they supported to her body. She eventually made it over, not sensing two pair of eyes watching her.

"Is she the one?" Ken asked his companion.

Yamato shook his head with uncertainty, "I don't know. I didn't see her Crest, but there's something different about her than everyone else."

"If Tai was here, he would say 'besides her cute, pink uniform,'" Ken said with a faint smile. Yamato inwardly smirked. Ken was serious again as he watched the girl make her way farther into the forbidden area. "ALL students know not to invade that place. She is probably the one then."

He started to walk away. "If she is, then she needs to be properly welcomed." Yamato watched her disappear into the distance and then followed Ken.



Mimi continued down the path before her that kept going straight and seemed endless. She wasn't sure since above her head was the ceiling of dark-green leaves, branching out to deny the daylight. When she began to think what could lurk in such a dark, dreary place, fear tugged at her heart. She wanted to turn back, but now that she was deep into the groves of the unknown, she couldn't turn back. Even her body wouldn't allow her to go back when her mind was telling it was all wrong to trespass.

There was something beautiful about the place though. It was mysterious just like the young blonde she bumped into. They were so alike in appearance, drawing her near them to find out what laid in the depths of their hearts. She groaned as to why she was thinking about him. Her thoughts were cut short when she made it to the end of the tunnel of trees.

Her eyes slowly panned up to another set of tall gates, but they were composed of gorgeous marble that seemed so ancient. It surrounded a really tall tower that appeared to extend beyond the Heavens.

Then something strange happened. (Oh geeze, why do I even write?!) She look down at her shirt and noticed a green light radiating from beneath her clothes. She pulled out her necklace, seeing that it was the original of the light. It continued to shine as she stood at the gates, mesmerized by it.

The marble gates began to pulse with the same green light as it slowly opened, revealing the inner sanctum. As if she was in a lovely trance, she stepped through the gates, grasping her necklace tightly. She walked into the tower and was stunned at the sight of the walls covered in present day technology. The image had completely contrasted the natural beauty outside.

There was a shape of an octagon enclosed in a circle in the center of the floor. Various shapes and symbol were etched in the circle, and she recognized one that was the same image engraved on her pendant. She looked straight above her, feeling like she was at the bottom of a drink straw looking up. She wasn't even sure if she could see an opening.

Mimi carefully walked towards the circle, wondering if the symbol had any meaning to it. When she came close to it, the pendant illuminated brighter. She turned away from the pendant when she heard a voice beckoning her to stand in the center of the circle. The voice didn't seem harmful, but she still didn't know why she was listening to it.

When she stood in the center, the pendant flashed and engulfed everything into its green light, including Mimi. It only took seconds when Mimi reappeared in another place. She felt like she was some sort of program being moved into another file folder. And just why was she comparing herself to a computer program?! The thought slipped her mind when she saw her environment was very unfamiliar.

The trees and plant were completely different from what she would've found in her previous place. Mountains were in the distance, and she could've sworn she heard water nearby, gushing like a river. "Okay, this is totally NOT funny!" she shouted to the air. "Just where am I?!!"

"You're in the Digital World!" answered a voice. Mimi whipped her head towards the rustling bush and backed away to safety. She debated whether to run for her life of wait to see who the person was. Well the latter won out by the time some creature jumped out, scaring Mimi.

The girl screamed as the walking, talking plant thing covered its ears. "Hey, stop it! I won't hurt you!!" Mimi saw that the creature didn't attack and stopped screaming for help, but she was prepared to do it again when the plant creature started to walk up to her again.

Mimi was backed up against a solid wall of rocks when it stood some inches in front of her, extending its strange, green hand to her. "My name is Palmon," it smiled.

"I-I'm Mimi," she said nervously, slowly reaching for Palmon's hand. "Mimi Tachikawa."

The two weren't able to get acquainted when another voice boomed over them. "I see you are the new Digidestined. And you have found your digimon as well." Palmon quickly stepped in front of Mimi protectively when Ken appeared from the forest. But he wasn't alone.

Mimi gasped at the other beings, recognizing one of them to be the blonde guy while the other two were creatures like Palmon. "What's going on here?!" she demanded, half scared and half angry like it was their fault that she was in some strange world.

Ken glanced down at the glowing object in the girl's hand. "The Crest of Sincerity. Very well." He took a few steps towards Mimi with the worm-looking creature by his side. "I accept your challenge," he declared. He turned to Yamato, who nodded.

Mimi watched in confusion as Yamato stepped in between them with the furry creature by his side. "The Digital Battle between the champion, Ken Ichijouji, and the challenger, Mimi Tachikawa." Mimi wanted to object so bad and just get the hell home, but Yamato completely ignored her, continuing his speech. "Wormmon versus Palmon." He sounded a lot like a referee of a fight--well, a battle was declared.

"All right!" Palmon cheered. "It's about time!" She looked up at a bewildered Mimi and smiled. "Don't worry, Mimi, I'll win this battle!" For some reason, the brunette returned the smile with one hundred percent confidence in her new companion. If she couldn't get out of it, then she would just have to cheer Palmon on.

Mimi and Ken stepped away from the center of the clearing, allowing space for Wormmon and Palmon to fight. Yamato and his digimon backed away too, and when the former shouted one word, the two digimons in the center leapt away and threw their attacks at one another. (Okay guys, I don't know all the digimons' attacks, so PLEASE bear with me.)

Wormmon had more experience with these battles, so he had a greater advantage against Palmon. The latter was getting beaten up, but she wasn't about to give up yet. On the sideline, Mimi was really getting into the battle as she cheered and praised Palmon. "YOU CAN DO IT, PALMON!! I KNOW YOU CAN!!" she reassured her digimon.

Ken rolled his eyes at her useless words. With the way things were going, Wormmon would soon be victorious, and then he would remain champion of the Digital World until it was time for the 'revolution.'

Yamato watched Mimi as she cheered her digimon, wondering how she could be so optimistic when Palmon was losing. Her voice, her eyes, just everything about her was sincere. She only met her digimon for a few minutes, but here she was, truly believing in the plant. Just like Palmon, but Mimi wasn't the one fighting, she was still giving her all in support, and this intrigued Yamato.

Anyway, Wormmon's last attack slammed Palmon painfully to the rocky wall. "PALMON!" Mimi gasped, wanting to run to the creature's side, but Yamato quickly pulled her back, preventing her from getting hurt. "PALMON, ARE YOU OKAY?!" She tried to struggle from Yamato's tight grasp.

Wormmon, looking a bit worn out, stood in front of a collapsed Palmon. "Do you give up?" The plant creature had put up a hard fight, and Ken hadn't expected that, but now it was over.

"NEVER!" Palmon shouted, getting back on her feet. Mimi cried happily that her digimon was all right. "I'll never give up! Not when Mimi believes in me!"

"YOU TELL 'IM, PALMON!" Mimi cheered. Out of happiness, she absentmindedly hugged Yamato, the closest living being that was in her reach, and then turned back to the battle, so she didn't notice the faint blush across his face. Then they noticed the Crest of Sincerity began to glow bright again. That was when the words silently came to her.

Mimi held her Crest into the air with determination written all over her face and shouted, "PALMON! DIGIVOLVE TO TOGEMON!" Ken gasped as the green light flashed. The same light appeared where Palmon was and engulfed her. Seconds later, a giant cactus with red boxing gloves appeared, glaring down at Wormmon.

"WORMMON!" Ken shouted. His digimon was out of energy to digivolve. It was unbelievable that Palmon could digivolve in her first battle. It took Wormmon at least ten battles before he could digivolve, and that was how Ken was able to keep his champion status all this time. Even Yamato was surprised as he stood behind Mimi. He looked at her for a bit and then turned his attention to the final attacks.

Skipping the last skirmishes, Wormmon was defeated. Ken ran to his digimon and picked him up into his arms. "Wormmon," he sniffled, but he knew the creature was all right. "You did great." Wormmon smiled and dropped into his slumber, being tired from the battle.

Togemon reverted back to her training/rookie/whatever stage as Palmon. She rushed over to Mimi, who welcomed her with open arms. "WE DID IT, MIMI!!"

"We sure did," Mimi laughed. The two were twirling around in a little waltz. They were so happy, especially Mimi since she could probably go home now. She let go of Palmon's hands when she saw Yamato walking towards her with his hands in his pockets like the last time she had seen him.

He stood in front of her and took his right hand out and extended it to her. "I never properly introduced myself. My name is Yamato Ishida." he said without a smile.

His expression didn't matter to Mimi because she didn't judge people from their exterior. She smiled and accepted his handshake. He already knew her name, but it was only right that she did it formally. "And I'm Mimi Tachikawa." Little did Mimi know that that victorious battle had involve her in more complicated situations in the future, but right now she felt very happy.



That evening, Mimi came out of the bathroom in her pink nightgown, drying her hair with a pink towel. She sat on her bed, recalling the events earlier that day. She sighed, wondering what all of the fighting and winning meant. What exactly was the Digital World? Why did it involved her pendant that she happened to have appeared in her hand that morning.

She laid herself down on her bed as she stared at the ceiling. She just hoped there wouldn't be anymore fighting. If she had a choice, fighting would not be an alternative for her. She didn't like to see anyone or anything get hurt. She was happy that Palmon had won the battle, but deep inside her, she thanked the gods that Wormmon was all right.

She didn't know how long she had been thinking nor what time it was, but she soon fell asleep, returning to her dreams as a princess. Maybe this time she would dream of her prince. He would come and take her away from all the fighting.



TO BE CONTINUED... Episode Two, "Kindness Returns"

Uh oh, watch out, Mimi-chan. I think the girls of Odaiba High are gettin' jealous... I mean, Yama-chan's hangin' out with you now, and you know how his groupie is... What? You don't know, Mimi-chan? Well, maybe Tai-chan can help you out. Oh no, here comes Sora! Maybe Tai-chan won't be a good person to turn to... So how 'bout Ken-chan? He seems free. Oh, but have you noticed the way Ken-chan looks at you? If looks could kill... I'd be careful if I were you... Oh lookie, I think Yama-chan has somethin' to tell ya. [giggling] Okie, I'll leave you two alone. Ja!


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~


Okay people, this is my FIRST Digimon fanfic. I am SO surprised myself. I never was a fan until I read Mimato fics (that was just a few weeks ago and I'm hooked) and thought they'd be so cute together!! Anyway I still don't watch much of Digimon, but I do read a lot of Mimato fics as well as Michi ones. I also enjoy Takimi, Daimi, and Kenmi--the last two are RARE! Taiora's okay, but I prefer Jyoura instead. Takari's cute of course.

Anyway this story was SUPPOSED to be funny with Yama-chan bein' the Rose Bride and all, but then I had to bring in the whole Digimon side of the story. So it's a mixture of both series. It's kinda Pokemon-ish, ne? Sorrie, but this is like umm, the dueling part of Utena, and it was a way to bring in the digimons too. Anyway it's all for fun!!

I apologize if I have some characters OOC. Like I said before, I haven't seen much of Digimon, so everything's from what I think of fanfics, character profiles, and a few other stuff. PLEASE let me know if something's not right, and I'll change it.

Oh and their ages... The majority of the characters are either in their first year of high school like Mimi-chan and Sora while others like Taichi, Yamato, Koushiro are in their second year. The younger Digidestined are still in middle school/junior high/whatever.

This may or may not be a Mimato. It could be that or Michi--couldn't you feel it when Mimi and Taichi first met? [giggling, then realizes something] Omigosh, I could also make this into a Kenmi! Maybe, maybe! But I know it won't be a Daimi nor a Takimi--I have special plans for those two boys, mainly Hikari. It'll be crazy. Anyway...

And I wish to dedicate this to all the authors of excellent Mimato and Michi fics!! It's because you guys that I adore and support them!! =^.^=