Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A.I. : Takuya ❯ Exclamations ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 16 - Exclamations

By KellyQ



Kouji looked down at Takuya; an oxygen mask, IV's and a banged around his head. He still couldn't believe he was looking at the real Takuya. Sure. He felt bad that android 6-2-6 was gone

*Flash back*

"Takuya, no!"

Kouji got up and was about to walk in the smoke to find 6-2-6 when he was pulled back by strong arms. Turning he saw that it was his brother.

"Let me go," the dark haired boy demanded as he struggled, "I've got to save, Takuya!"

The longer haired twin was about to repeat what he said when a damp cloth was pressed to his nose and mouth causing him to feel weak and pass out.

******************

The first thing Kouji after he woke up was grabbed his brother by the caller looking as though he was ready to kill.

"All right - I want some answers!"

"First off - I'm sorry I got you into his mess. You know most of the story but - dad is in jail and Mr. Kanbara had two sons, Takuya and Shinya ... so what you encountered was an android that looked like Takuya ..."

*End of Flash back*

Kouji wanted so much to run his hand through Takuya's hair, an ear to his chest to listen to the other boys heart beat. Yet, just looking at Takuya was good enough for the dark haired boy.

Movement caught Kouji to look down to see that the brunette's hand was trying to ball into a fist. A moan come from Takuya's parted lips that sounded dry and scratchy. Kouji turned his head and cocoa brown met dark ocean blue.

"Who ... are .. you ..."

"Ah ... good you're awake."

Kouji turned to see a nurse walking up to the other side of the bed and started to check everything over.

"Where's .. where's my brother," Takuya asked figuring that he was in a hospital.

"He's here but in very critical condition ..."

This caused Takuya to close his eyes as strain of tears came down the side of his face looking really flushed. Kouji looked sadly at the brunette ...

"You should rest, young Kanbara." The nurse said walking out, "you are still weak from being in stasis for too long."

Letting out a shaky sigh the brunette turned his head looking up at the dark haired boy.

"You never told me who you are ..."

"Oh ... it's Kouji ... Kouji Minamoto."

"Kouji huh," the brunette paused looking a little more awake, "that's a beautiful name," he continued causing Kouji to blush, "I'm Takuya Kanbara."

-One Week Later-

Takuya laid in bed watching some TV when Kouji walked in with one hand down his side and another behind his back.. Walking closer the brunette noticed that the dark haired boy was slightly blushing.

"Kouji, are you all right," Takuya asked teaming to reach out, "you look flushed."

"I'm fine," Kouji said still trying not to blush any more than he was, "I checked on you little brother and he wanted me to give you a kiss on the cheek ..."

Hesitating, Kouji leaned closer giving Takuya a quick peek on the cheek. Pulling away quickly a sound of plastic was hard from behind the dark haired boy.

"What was that?"

"Oh -- when ... I went out ... I thought ..." Kouji paused pull from behind his back a bouquet of red roses, "I thought something like this would help you feel better."

Handing the flowers, Takuya put his hands over Kouji's as they're eyes locked.

"Thank you, Kouji for buying me red roses. That was really sweet of you," Takuya said softly, " but you didn't have to go through all that trouble ..."

"Trouble? It was no trouble at all," Kouji said still blushing, "your my friend and I want you got get better ... so, this is a reminder."

Takuya opened his mouth to say something when (the nurse by the door) cleared her throat causing Kouji to turned his head.

"I don't mean to interrupt anything but visiting hours are over and it's time for the patient to have their dinner." She reminded.

"Right," Kouji said looking back at his crush, "I'll come back to morrow."

Giving Takuya a quick peek on the cheek, Kouji walked out.

To Be Continued ...