Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A New Face Among Many ❯ Solution To A New Problem ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A New Face Among Many - Chapter 5: Solution To A New Problem

Reliana opened her eyes. Sometime during her kiss with Izzy she had closed them. Looking around she noticed that is was about mid-day. What? How long was I out? Catching a sudden movement out of the corner of her eye, Reliana turned. What she saw caused her to close her eyes again. No way could I have seen what I think I just saw. I must be dreaming.

Reliana counted to ten and opened her eyes again. Whatever it was, it was still coming. It looked to be a cross between a dragon and a serpent. It was about as tall as a panther, but its neck was much longer, and it had wings. Small wings, but definitely there.

Its rolling horse-like gait quickly brought it within five feet of Reliana. It stopped and brought its head eye-level with her own.

Reliana was scared and confused. It was just staring at her, not moving.

Unconsciously Reliana touched her Digivice. That was another of her nervous habits; she never even realized that she did it.

Her Digivice started glowing. The creature noticed and reacted.

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?"

It can talk? Reliana did the only sensible thing a person in her situation would do. She fainted.

* * *

TK was with his brother Matt at a band rehearsal. The Teenage Wolves were in top form and didn't really need to practice. They played more for the love of their music than anything else.

Kari was cheering on her brother from the sidelines of a soccer game. Tai's team was winning and the game would soon be over. Sora had arrived sometime during the game and was sitting beside Kari helping to cheer Tai on.

Yolei was over at Cody's upgrading his computer while Upamon and Poromon looked on.

Ken was over at Davis' playing video games. Both were thoroughly enjoying themselves.

It was then that Izzy's e-mail reached them.

Reliana's apartment is directly beside Ken's. Get there as
fast as you can. We have a serious problem in the Digital World and I will explain it when you get here.
Izzy.

The younger Digidestined made their way hastily to the aforementioned apartment leaving the elder group to their own devices. Sora was congratulating Tai on his win in a rather steamy manner in the backseat of her car. Matt remained with the members of his band, unable to concentrate for curiosity over Izzy's e-mail.

* * *

Reliana opened her eyes expecting to see the ceiling of her apartment, to see Izzy looking over her with a question in his eyes. The questioning eyes instead came from that thing, whatever it was.

"Reliana?" Its voice was female but deep and husky.

"How do you know me? What are you? Where am I?"

If the thing was surprised by her question, it didn't show it. "I know you, Reliana, because I have been waiting for you my whole life. This place is the Digital World, and creatures called digimon inhabit it. My name is Wyrvenmon. I'm a rookie level digimon."

Reliana processed the information. "Wyrvenmon, nice to meet you." Reliana looked around. Green tropical plants, pink sky… She went to brush dirt off her pants and stopped short. She was wearing a black mini-skirt and a green angora sweater. What's going on? I don't own any clothes like this…

Wyvernmon could tell that her human was close to an overload. Not really knowing what to do she started talking, telling Reliana about her life to date, about other digimon and about the Digidestined.

Reliana wasn't really listening to the stream of chatter coming from the creature beside her. She was still trying to wrap her mind over the fact the she was a Digidestined. Her mind kept going in circles and would she would wind up thinking about Izzy. I wonder what his reaction was when I disappeared. He might not even know where to look for me, even if he wanted to. Having done what I did, I wouldn't really want to look for me either…

Reliana started crying. Wyrvenmon was even more at a loss for what to do. She had never really been around humans before. Wyrvenmon wrapped her tail around Reliana's ankle and made a cat-like purring noise that, although strange for a dragon, made a perfect calming tool.