Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A New Face Among Many ❯ There Is Always Time To Be Afraid ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A New Face Among Many - Chapter 6: There Is Always Time To Be Afraid

"Izzy, what are we here for?" Ken was curious about what kind of emergency could have arisen since yesterday. He was also worried. They were in Reliana's apartment and there was no sign of Reliana.

"I've divided the DigiWorld into seven parts. Each of us will take one and search it for Reliana. She entered the DigiWorld almost 24 hours ago and there is no telling what could have happened to her."

The Digidestined fell silent. None had been expecting that.

"How long will that take, Izzy" Davis really wasn't interested in searching the DigiWorld for some girl. He would rather have been back at his place playing video games with Ken.

"Well…" Izzy took a calculator from his backpack. He tapped a few buttons, thought for a second then tapped a few more. "Without stopping for food or sleep, it will take us four and a half weeks."

"We'd better get started, then. I remember what happened our first day in the DigiWorld." TK made to leave. They'd each need a computer and he could use his at home.

Izzy stopped him. "Reliana has enough computers here for each of us to have one. A digiport is installed on each computer and everything is ready to go."

Yolei's mind boggled. Seven computers. Who has need of seven computers?

* * *

"Wyrvenmon? Do know a place we can hide?" Reliana was having trouble speaking. She and Wyrvenmon had been running for what seemed like hours, trying to get away from a Viscamon.

"I don't know why you won't let me digivolve. It would save us a lot of trouble. Besides, I thought you played soccer. You shouldn't be that out of shape." Wyrvenmon cast a look behind them. No sign of the Viscamon yet, but it was still following. She could hear it.

"Look, I've just gotten to the point where I can handle you being here, and now you want me to let you change into something completely different? I'd rather not go crazy, thank you. Oh, and for the record, my sister Blake is the soccer player, not me." Reliana looked at their surroundings.

Reliana and Wyrvenmon were standing in the center of a forest path. The trees on each side of the pair were dense and didn't appear to be easily penetrable.

* * *

Back in the real world, things were just a chaotic. Although Reliana did have seven computers in her apartment, she didn't have enough chairs. There also wasn't enough room for seven people in her computer room.

Izzy wasn't much help in searching. After setting up a rotation schedule for the team he crashed on the couch. No one really minded, though. He had always helped them through tough spots, and now they had a chance to help him.

During the first half hour they had gone through all the cookies Reliana had baked and were getting hungry again. Kari and TK had the bright idea to call home and get their siblings to bring over some food to a house warming party they were throwing for Reliana. No one mentioned that the guest of honor was, suspiciously, not available.

* * *

Reliana and Wyrvenmon were backed into a corner. The Viscamon had chased them to the bottom of a cliff face too sheer to climb. This was it. They couldn't run anymore.

Wyrvenmon knew she had to do something, but she needed Reliana's help to digivolve.

The Viscamon came around the bend in the path and spotted them. Wyrvenmon decided to stall it as long as she could.

"Flame Jet!"

Wyrvenmon's attack stopped the Viscamon in its tracks for a moment, but it kept coming.

What was it Wyrvenmon said about digivolving? That it would increase her level of power? Maybe that digimon would go away if we showed enough strength. "Wyrvenmon, digivolve!" Reliana held her Digivice in her hand and pointed it at Wyrvenmon.

Wyrvenmon digivolve to… Quirionmon

Quirionmon was a larger more dragon-like creature with bigger wings and actual flight capability. Her body was the size of a minivan. Add her neck, head and tail, and she was about a long as a bus. She was also about fifteen feet tall.

"Seal Of Fire!"

The attack call almost deafened Reliana. The Viscamon was surprised by Quirionmon's appearance and took the full force of Quirionmon's attack directly. It fled with a severely injured pride.

* * *

"I found her!"

The excited cry from the computer room had everyone on their feet and rushing into the room as fast as they could.

"Bad news, though." TK's voice was solemn. "There is no digiport anywhere near her. It would take us a week to get where she is, and by then, she'd be in a different location."

"I wouldn't want to be the one to tell Izzy." Yolei's voice was flat. It wasn't normal for her to lose her exuberance, but she was worried.

"Tell me what?"

Izzy was standing in the doorway, looking at the mixture of surprise and discomfiture on the faces of the other Digidestined.