Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A New Face Among Many ❯ Foe Suspicion ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A New Face Among Many - Chapter 7: Foe Suspicion

Reliana stared wide-eyed as Quirionmon faded back into Wyrvenmon.

"Are you ok, Reliana?" Wyrvenmon's question was hesitant.

Reliana blinked, coming back to reality. "Of course I am. Why do you ask?"

"You didn't want me to digivolve before. You thought you couldn't handle it mentally…"

Wyrvenmon still had more to say but Reliana stopped her. "Wyrvenmon, I'm ok. If any of your other forms are as cool as that last one… How come you couldn't tell me what you digivolved into?"

"We don't know until we try. There aren't many champion level digimon because it takes a lot of energy to digivolve and not every digimon who tries, succeeds." Wyrvenmon stopped to catch her breath. It's not common knowledge, but dragons are notorious gossips.

Reliana halted the chatter of her newfound friend with a generous dose of scratching behind the ears. (A place not easily reached by the dragon.)

Reliana and her digimon sat back against the cliff face, sunbathing.

* * *

Izzy took stock of the situation in a relatively short amount of time. "I take it, TK, that the flashing green dot is her. What I don't understand is why you're still sitting here talking about it."

Apparently sleep hadn't improved Izzy's temper.

"Izzy, all the digiports in her area are destroyed. Either by natural disasters, digimon, or us. It would take us a week to get to her, and by then, she'd have gone somewhere else." TK explained the situation as they knew it. With Izzy up and mentally awake, it wouldn't be long before the problem was resolved.

* * *

The sound of buzzing woke Wyrvenmon from a light doze. She took a glance around and saw nothing. Turning to Reliana for advice, Wyrvenmon noticed that her human was sound asleep. Being chased by the Viscamon had obviously been too much for Reliana.

The buzzing got louder. Wyrvenmon took another look at the densely packed trees. Some bug-like thing was flitting among the branches, muttering to itself.

Reliana woke to the sound of hissing. Looking around she noticed Wyrvenmon staring intently at the surrounding forest.

Wyrvenmon's tail was thrashing about violently, tossing small stones around. She was making quite a ruckus.

Standing slowly so Wyrvenmon wouldn't be startled, Reliana looked in the same direction as her digimon. Some beetle-looking digimon was sitting in the branches of a tall tree just watching them.

"Wyrvenmon, what kind of digimon is that?"

* * *

"What do the red dots mean, Izzy?"

"Red stands for rookie level digimon. Why?"

"Well… there are two red dots. One is right beside Reliana, and I think it would be safe to say that that is her digimon. The other… is just sitting there."

"TK, move over for a second."

TK vacated the swivel chair he had been using. Izzy sat down and started typing.

"Just as I thought. That's Tentomon's territory. If my guess is correct, all we have to do is go to the digital world and he'll bring her to us." There. Problem solved. Maybe now Reliana and I can get back on track.

Izzy had come to the conclusion that Reliana would be good for him. She challenged him (and won), and he liked her. He didn't know how he'd manage it, but he thought that sounded like a good start.

* * *

Reliana was trying to talk Wyrvenmon down. She also wanted to know what manner of digimon that beetle was.

"I am Tentomon. I saw you being chased by the Viscamon and wanted to see if you were all right."

Wyrvenmon was startled enough to quiet. Reliana was curious. "You've been around humans before?"

"Yes. My Digidestined's name is Izzy. Do you know him?"

I'd forgotten about the Digivice. Izzy dropped his that first day. I should have realized he'd have a digimon, too.

Reliana was visibly debating with herself over what to do. Wyrvenmon was trying to stare Tentomon down.