Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Are the Crests Truly One's Strength? ❯ Reunited! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
---Are the Crests Truly One's Strength?---
*Thoughts*
**Crest**

Part IV

THE STORY SO FAR: When last we left off, The 5 digidestined who were still a group (that means excluding Sora, Matt, and Tai) were able to build a raft and were en route to the island upon which Matt and Tai had landed. Sora had discovered a darker side to reality, as her Crest changed from Love to Hate. She had found herself a willing tutor in the dark arts lost to humans long ago, one who had watched her transformation since it first showed itself, dark lord Myotismon. What will become of the remaining digidestined? Has Sora indeed changed so much? What, exactly, is Myotismon planning?

"You truly do amaze me, girl,going from one lesson to the next, passing each test I give you with flying colors!" Myotismon was congratulating Sora on her newest accomplishment, channeling using a crystal for the base. Staring into the crystal. Sora was amazed at what kind of power she would be able to have if she was able to gather so much energy from a tiny crystal. *Such a small stone, so much power!* Sora grinned to herself *I can do so much better, all I need is to find out what works best for what I need*. Sensing the girl focusing on the crystal again, Myotismon grinned and walked out of the room set aside for his "pupil". *Soon, very soon, she shall learn the price for wielding such a power. The hard way, just as I did!* This sudden thought put a scowl on Myotismon's face, "That was so long ago...and I am different now", a whisper, not loud enough to be audible to anyone but himself. Myotismon stalked off to a place nobody knew of save himself.


Landing upon the island, the 5 digidestined looked around the area where they touched shore. "Hmm, not too bad a ride, for once." Mimi pointed out, "Good thing that Tai wasn't in charge of that one! Do we really need to get him back just yet?" She received A glare, from 4 different faces, almost enough to freeze molten metal. "Hmph. Don't complain when we have to find a way off of this island!" Mimi stuck her tongue out at the others, closed her eyes and turned her back on the others.
"Aww, come on Mimi! We really have to find Matt and Tai! We need their help to find Sora, right?" TK went over to Mimi and tugged on her dress a little. "Please? I miss Matt, we need to find him. We have to!"

At that moment, a few key phrases of a long chained curse made its way through the wind to the group of Digidestined. TK cringed, Joe and Izzy gasped, Mimi paled, and Kari yelped in surprise. The Digimon were looking confused as ever! Gabumon turned to Tentomon and whispered, "I've heard Matt say all those things before. Do you have any idea what any of it means?"
"Not a clue! I'll have to ask Izzy later on."
Everyone turned to TK, who now stood digging a shoe into the sand, blushing profusely. "Umm...sorry everyone! He tends to do that when something really important goes wrong! I wonder what it could be?" TK sweatdropped and ran over to Patamon.
"Well" Joe started, "I guess we'd better go and see what the problem is, huh?"
"Yeah!" Kari chimed in, "Tai might be in trouble too!"

That was enough to get an agreement from the Izzy and Mimi, getting their Digimon together; they went off in the direction of the curses. Such a scene was in store for them, Mimi fainted and fell to her knees at the very sight!

Simultaneously elsewhere...
"Just calm down, Matt! It's okay! We can find something else to eat!" Tai was trying to calm down an infuriated Matt. *Sheesh! Its not like we can't find fish whenever we want! Why does he pick now to get all worried about it?!* "Come on Matt...besides, " Tai blushed, "I'd rather have something else for breakfast anyway."

After a long stream of curses, Matt realized what Tai had just said, "Wha? You'd rather. Oh. I see. Well then, you'd better get on over here before I get cold!" Matt gave Tai an evil grin, however he softened it when the shy brown-haired boy came over and placed his arms around his waist. Returning the embrace, Matt whispered in Tai's ear, "You know I've wanted this for so long. Just this. You. In my arms. By my side. You have no idea how wonderful it is just to have you here, and know that, that you felt that same w--" Tai cut Matt off by simply placing his lips over Matt's. The boys were broken apart by a loud 'THUMP!' noise somewhere close. Turning their heads, they could see what had happened and what, or rather whom, had fallen.

Wide eyed and terror stricken, the two froze where they were and stared at a fallen Mimi. "I guess we have some explaining to do." Matt whispered.

"Yeah, but after we help get Mimi somewhere with soft ground. That's not gonna be easy!" Tai grimaced.


TK sat near the ocean, the waves were just barely coming in now, and only barely touched his bare feet. *I always wondered why he looked at Tai in a way I've never seen him look at anyone before. I've seen him hate someone before, so I knew that wasn't it. It couldn't be it!* staring at the waves come into shore, TK didn't notice when Kari sat down near him. He didn't notice when he wrapped his arms around her, didn't notice when he began to cry. All he knew, was that he was hurt. Hurt, scared, afraid, they were all the same to him. *Why now? Why not earlier? Why did he not trust us enough to tell us how he felt? Why didn't he tell me! He's never looked at me like that, does not love me?* TK was so enveloped in crying that he didn't notice he spoke his thoughts out loud. He noticed, however, when a hand began running its way through his hair. "Don't think that way TK. He was just scared is all...he loves my big brother, I know exactly how you feel. Well, I did anyway, before I thought of something; he was scared, TK. Scared of what I might think of him. He loved me, and didn't want to get pushed further apart from me. Think about it, TK; how much more could Matt have pushed you from him before he lost you forever? " Kari whispered to TK, and held him close to her.

Sniffling and stifling a sob, TK looked up at Kari. "I...I never really looked at it that way before, Kari. I always wanted to get closer to him. We rarely saw each other, so I wanted to get as close as possible so he'd wanna see me when he came to visit! I thought I knew him so well." TK sniffled again and hugged Kari closer to him. "Thanks Kari. I really appreciate it." But TK could see that Kari had her eyes closed already, as she rested her head on his. "I love you, Kari." He whispered, as he fell asleep. Kari grinned as the words left his lips, "I love you too, TK." She whispered back, as sleep's mighty grip overcame her.


Joe, Izzy, Mimi, Matt, and Tai sat around the campfire as the Digimon slept peacefully - all but Biyomon - and explained everything that happened on the day and night after the initial separation. "Fascinating." Izzy began, "We heard from Gennai what that light thing was that we saw...but to hear about it firsthand is a total different experience altogether!" It was all so exciting to Izzy! The fact that he was witnessing something that hadn't been seen in the digital world in ages! He almost forgot about Sora when Tai asked why she wasn't with the rest of the group. Joe spoke up first, "Well Tai...she just, disappeared, earlier today, we don't know where she went off to. We woke up, and poof! No Sora!" A worried expression befell Tai's face, Matt unknowingly held him closer, easing Tai's tension a little. *Wow, they really must love each other if they don't even notice how much affection they show in front of us like that.* Izzy thought, *But then again, I guess they wouldn't have let us know had we not seen them in that kiss. I wonder what it felt like, their lips meeting, and their tongues...* Izzy was incredibly glad that the night and campfire masked the deep shade of crimson he had turned.

*Hmph...well finally something happens between them! I was wondering how long it would take for them to finally hook up!* Mimi thought to herself, *If only I weren't so happy to see them finally get together that I fainted!* She rubbed her head, cringing a little when she hit a soft spot on her head. "Stupid rock! Of all places, why under my head!" she whined. The rest of them only sat back and laughed at the poor girl's misfortune! "Haha! It's okay Mimi, give it a few days and it'll be as good as new! You've got a pretty hard head, you know that?" Matt had to duck as an unusually large boulder just missed his head. "Hey! I didn't mean like that!" *Yes I did!* Matt thought to himself, "I meant that it's a good thing that your head didn't break open is all, otherwise you'd be in worse condition than you are!" "Yeah! Well we'll see what condition your boyfriend gets you back in when I'm through with you Matt! Get over here!" Mimi got up and started running after Matt. The rest of the gang laughed and stared as Matt tried to find a place to hide from the terrible wrath of Mimi! No matter how hard Matt ran, Mimi was always a step behind. Who knew the girl had so much spunk in her! Eventually, Mimi caught Matt, but what happened then? That's another story!

END PART IV TO BE CONTINUED...