Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Are the Crests Truly One's Strength? ❯ Mysterious Stranger...Revealed! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
---Are the Crests Truly One's Strength?---
*Thoughts*
**Crest**

Part III

THE STORY SO FAR: When last we left off, the digidestined had been separated. Matt and Tai had found each other on an island, it was there where they had told of their true feelings for each other, with a little help from certain "close friends". The remaining digidestined discovered that they did not have to look very far to find their missing friends, they weren't very far after all. It was then that the digidestined learned of the "gathering", a collection of one's strength when it is needed most in a most brilliant display of light. Time for a little spy play as Izzy and Sora watch Matt and Tai from across the way just in time to make a discovery that came as a shock to 4 of the 5 witnesses. Upon learning that she and Tai would never be, Sora embraced the flow of her "gathering", but something was wrong, dead wrong, there was no light, only darkness as Sora stalked off. You're not seeing things, there were indeed 5 witnesses: Tai, Matt, Izzy, Sora, and one other, time for the other to step in, but will he be strong enough to take down the digidestined on his own?

A breeze was making its way toward where two boys slept, to rustle through their hair. The remains of a fire that had long since gone out was not far from their resting place, but even in the midst of the night and the breeze, the boys were never cold, they kept each other warm. Dawn was just breaking over the horizon, the sea refracting the light just enough to shine a deep blue, "But not as blue as my angel's eyes" Tai had woken just in time to see the sun peek out from its hiding place. He now looked at the golden haired angel lying in his arms, a tear escaped from his eye and he spoke in a dazed sort of drab, *He talks in his sleep, heh, now we'll really see if I'm the one he dreams of…* that thought was cut short just in time. "…if only… you knew…needed you for so long…please stay, so cold…"

*Knew? Knew what? Dammit, just when I think I've figured out what he's all about he goes and does something all weird like that!* Tai couldn't stay mad at Matt for very long though. Tai wrapped his arms tighter around Matt, content to lie there in his love's arms for all eternity, if only his bladder had not decided on that very moment to betray him. "Damn me, why can't I just have a normal day for once in my life?" Tai muttered angrily as he started to get up, but stopped in his tracks when he heard Matt's teeth chatter. *He must really be cold if I can hear his teeth chatter from here* Tai hesitated for only a moment before pulling his shirt over his head and placed it gently over Matt's sleeping form. "You need it more than I do, I don't want to hear anything about it from you when you wake up or you'll regret it" Tai whispered softly before stepping into the woods, noticing the cold for the first time.

"What do you mean 'gone'?!" Izzy was never heard yelling this loud before. The campsite was full of movement, nobody really felt much like staying asleep after that shout was heard. "Just like it sounds, Izzy! Sora's gone!" Biyomon wailed like a newborn babe with Tentomon and Gomamon trying their best to comfort the poor bird digimon. "Maybe she just went out for a walk or something, you think so Izzy?" Joe suggested. "Doubt it, she would have brought Biyomon along with her, something's very wrong here, and I can't seem to find it." Quickly dismissing Joe's idea, Izzy stalked back to a little spot near the camp that, noticing something that he didn't before. "What the…" *What's this?* Izzy picked up a small squarish piece of something, a very familiar something, burned very nicely to a crisp, with colors imprinted on it. "Joe, please get my laptop for me, I can't move too far from here, otherwise we may be losing something that might help find Sora!" Izzy didn't mean to make it sound like a life or death situation, but he didn't have the time to worry about sounding nice at this moment.

"Here you go Izzy, but what's so impo-" Joe was cut off right there as he noticed the charred scrap in Izzy's possession. "Oh, so I see. If you're trying to find out what that is…it's a picture of Sora and Tai taken just before we went to Summer Camp. Sora said that it caught on fire while she was looking at it yesterday. Why's that so important?" *That's right! Now I recognize that pattern, it's from Tai's shirt! But where's the frame? I've seen this picture before; Sora showed it to me back at camp, that frame meant a lot to her, as did the picture inside. No time for worrying about that right now though* "If that's the case, then we can't worry about that right now…we need a boat, so I'm going to have to ask for everyone's help and cooperation, I have plans for building a small raft on my laptop, but it's not going to be very easy." "But I just did my nails last night! You expect me to just go out into the woods and ruin them? I can't do that! Please let me just sit this one out, Izzy!" Mimi was outraged, even more so than she should have been, but that made no impact on Izzy. "Mimi, I'm sorry, but everyone's job is equally important, you don't see Kari or T.K. complaining do you?" *I hate it when he brings logic into this, but at least I'll have time to do my nails later…I'd better have time to do my nails later!* reluctantly, Mimi agreed to do her fair share, there would always be time enough for revenge later.

Trudging through the dank jungle, Sora embraced the nothingness emanating from her newfound crest, playing with her abilities and discovering powers beyond anything she thought the old crest had. She even found out about one neat little trick that would most definitely come in handy later on. A wicked grin spread across Sora's face as she plotted the worst for all who'd ever done her wrong. "…and when I'm done with them," she spoke aloud in a hysterical fit, "I will make Matt Ishida suffer more than he's ever thought possible!" "Indeed you shall, little girl. I can help you find the path, if you choose to follow…" The voice seemed to come from everywhere at once, there was no point in trying to guess where it came from. "Who are you, and what do you want. I should warn you that I'm not the best person to be bothering about now." "Pathetic girl, do you not realize that I know what you are, and what you have got there. Who do you think gave you what you now possess? It was me, and I can take it back if I so choose!" Sora gasped, she knew that voice from somewhere, but was unable to find a face for it. *I know who he is, but from where? Why won't he show himself?*

**The answer to that is a simple one, Sora. He is my master, and yours now as well. You are forever bound to him now, the Lord Myotismon.** Sora shrieked as she was told what she'd been too blind to see earlier. Myotismon hovered down from his hiding place in the trees above. "Do not think that you will be able to run from me, girl. Succumb to me, and I shall give you anything you desire." *Anything that I…* "NO! I won't do it, I can't do it! I have plans of my own!"

"And do you think you can carry out those plans on your own?"

"I will do what must be done. If you get in my way then you leave me no choice exce---"

"Except what?! What do you plan on doing to me without your precious Biyomon around, eh, girl! What will you plan on doing when I hang you by the very crest that you wear on your neck; the very one I gave you! Join me, and I swear I can make any of your fantasies a reality. Tai can be yours forever, and Matt will be lower than a slave, lower than the grime in the deepest parts of my dungeon where he shall live out the rest of his days in misery! Come with me and it will all be possibly!" With every word, Sora grew angrier and angrier. Myotismon was right, she could do nothing in her current state, she needed help, and guidance. Sora then made the only decision she saw open to her. "I will go with you, but only until I do what I need to do. Will you teach me how to use this thing?" A sneer formed on Myotismon's lips, and he extended his hand out to Sora. "I will teach you, but first, you must pledge yourself to me." With a nod of Sora's head, a compact was made. In a flurry of darkness enshrouding them, the 2 disappeared.

Upon returning to the little piece of land they dubbed a "camp", Tai found Matt awake and cooking a lunch out of some vegetables they'd found the other day over a fresh fire. "Morning Tai, I guess that'll be your shirt over there." Matt greeted Tai with a warm smile, gazing at him shyly with color just beginning to flush his cheeks. "Heh, yeah, it is. You were shivering, so I thought you needed it more than I did." Tai replied, responding to the blonde's choice of affection with a huge grin of his own. "Yeah, but only because my heater wasn't there." *Heater? What the hell is he talking about, he doesn't have a heater!* "Um, Matt, you don't have a heater…am I missing something here?" ever the one to miss the obvious, Tai was shocked when Matt burst into a fit of laughter. "You really don't have a brain under that huge mess of a thing you call hair, don't you?" was the first muffled response that came from Matt, "Hey! I happen to like my hair, besides, you weren't complaining any last night when--" "Last night when what? When we fell asleep in each other's arms as the fire was dying out? Kissing and warming each other up, or don't you remember?" suddenly worried, Matt stopped all that he was doing to stare at Tai.

"Are you kidding? Do you know how long I've needed to tell you everything that I felt for you? It was tearing me apart how much I needed to know if you felt the same or not! Have you ever loved someone and not be able to tell them how you feel, or even been in a situation nearly as bad as mine was?" the tears welled in Tai's eyes with each word that left his lips. "Tai…" Matt stood as he spoke and walked over to Tai, not noticing the food he left in the mercy of the fire. "Tai, you know that you can put all that stuff in the past now. Until yesterday I didn't know if I had any friends in the world. I didn't know how much I really cared for you, how much that I…needed you too. You know that I love you, and I'll never do anything to hurt you. I don't like seeing you in so much pain, please don't cry?" Matt embraced Tai a hug full of so much emotion that Tai could do no more than simply return the hug. "Matt, sorry, I don't know what got into me. I just, lost it there, and thanks. Thanks for saying all that stuff, it's nice to know that you've got a friend that you can always talk to, isn't it?" Tai looked straight into the Sapphire colored eyes of his love's, he needed an answer. "It's the best thing in the world, especially since I know that I can share anything with you."

Matt brushed the back of his hand against Tai's cheek, relishing in the smooth texture of his skin. Tai let out a contented sigh; he got the answer he was hoping for. "Yeah, same goes. Thank you, Matt. Um, Matt?" "Hmm?" "You're burning lunch."

With a yelp, Matt turned around to view a horrid sight. What could at one point have been edible was now a pile of charred and smoldering ashes. The twigs in the fire crackled as a wind began to build up. In the distance, a hastily built raft made its way toward he shore. Its passengers were 6 children, and 8 digimon. Matt and Tai would, very shortly, have guests, and Tai hadn't even bothered to put on his shirt again!

"With this, my child, you will be able to watch over your friends at any time you like. I hope what you just saw only spurs you onward." Came Myotismon's voice. The place was a tall tower, only a fraction of a gigantic fortress, with only himself, and the girl to share it with. Sora's fists were smoking, the crackle of power around her in rhythm, exactly, with that of a fire near the two people she despised most in the world. "Oh, you had better believe that what I have planned would more than outmatch everything you have ever tried to do to us." Sora began to draw on the energy of her crest, felt hate surging throughout her body like the very blood through her veins. Myotismon nodded and left the girl to her thoughts. *This one was the easiest to bend to my will, but she seemed to come of her own free will, even though I forced it upon her. I do not care what it is she wants, but when I receive that which I desire, she will be of no use to me* with that final though, Myotismon left the antechamber and proceeded to make plans of his own.

END PART III TO BE CONTINUED…