Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ As Long As He Needs Me ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
As Long As He Needs Me
By Sakura (a.k.a. L-sama no Miko)


I don’t own digimon (I wish I did though – Ken & Dai 4ever!!!!) or the song so please don’t sue me.

A/N This is yet another alternate version of ‘Ken’s Secret.’ (God I looooooooove that episode ^_^!!!!!!)

Prologue

“Please master, spare my friends,” Daisuke said kneeling before the Kaizer above him.
Ken smirked as his enemy obeyed, his digimon glaring silently at him. “Please master, spare my worthless friends,” he said enjoying himself all too much.
“Please master, spare my worthless friends,” the redhead parroted, now practically laying facedown on the ground.
“Good. Now restrain him Veemon!”
“Never!” the little blue dragon digimon shouted back.
“Do it Veemon,” Daisuke said, still bowing. “If it’ll save the others, obey the Kaizer!”
The blue digimon reluctantly obeyed his partner and put a foot on his head, making sure he wasn’t really hurting him too much.
The indigo haired tyrant licked his lips as he watched the scene from atop the sand hill. “Seeing you squirm is so delicious,” he said, “Hmm… maybe I should take pity on you.”
“W-What do you mean by that?” Daisuke dared to ask.
“As you can see Deltamon has only three heads, and there are four children. I can’t possibly spare them all so you’ll have to choose one,” the Kaizer said.
“I can’t!” Daisuke yelled, “How can I pick one over the others?!”
Still smirking and enjoying his enemy’s suffering, Ken reached into the folds of his cape and brought out an hourglass. “You have until the sand runs out to choose so I suggest you think very carefully about this, pretty boy.”
The anguished redhead looked up at the Kaizer and then over to his friends. Each of them telling him to run, the only exception being Miyako who begged him to save her. ‘The sand’s running out,’ Daisuke thought, his brow furrowed. ‘How am I supposed to pick one and sacrifice the others. They’re my friends.’
“Like the sands in the hourglass, so are your friends’ lives,” the indigo haired tyrant above said, reminding Daisuke of his presence. “You’d better hurry up.”
“I-I just can’t!” the redhead said, “They’re all my friends!”
“Well too bad, because time’s up!” The Kaizer said putting away the hourglass. The three-headed dragon digimon began to move closer to the hanging children. Daisuke let out a soul-anguished scream. Ken laughed seeing the utter misery and frustration on the other boy’s face. ‘Serves you right for making me look like a fool!’ he said silently with a sneer.
“Wait!” Daisuke said, standing up to face the evil genius. “Take me instead!” he pleaded.
Ken looked down at him amused and somewhat confused at the unexpected result. “So do you think you can satisfy his hunger?” he asked. Daisuke just glared determinedly at him from below. “Very well then, Deltamon!”
The huge digimon lumbered past the bound digidestined and picked up the redhead using one of its heads. ‘This is it,’ Daisuke thought, going stiff with the expectation of being swallowed whole by the creature.
“Bring him to me,” Ken said, startling the captured boy. Deltamon obeyed and turned toward its master, setting Daisuke down on the ground next to him. The redhead stared at the indigo haired boy utterly confused. The Kaizer smiled evilly at the boy at his feet. “I have better plans for you,” he said smirking.
He was about to protest when Ken spoke again, catching the defiant glare. “Or would you rather not spare your friends’ lives?” Daisuke quietly sank back down, defeated. “Good boy,” said the Kaizer, petting his head as if he were a dog. Silently, the redhead began to cry, crystal tears glistening down his cheeks.
“Give him back!” Veemon shouted from below. The blue dragon digimon began to charge up the hill.
“Don’t Veemon!” Daisuke pleaded. “You have to protect the others now! Forget about me!”
“But –“
“Since you’re so eager,” Ken began, bringing out a dark ring, “Why not join us!” The metal object flew toward Veemon. He jumped out of the way and slipped down the hillside, barely escaping the dark ring.
“Damn you!” he shouted.
“Just go Veemon!” Daisuke yelled.
“I’m not leaving you, Dai!”
“Such loyalty,” the Kaizer sneered. He looked at the bothersome little digimon for a moment then said, “On second thought, just you won’t be enough. He comes too.” Once again, the redhead was about to protest, but quickly squelched it since his friends were still hanging from the pole and still liable to be digichow for Deltamon. Ken smiled at the boy’s silent obedience.
“Dai,” Veemon said, looking up at his partner. He sighed, seeing the pleading in his chocolate colored eyes. “I’ll come, just don’t hurt him,” he said to the indigo haired boy.
Ken laughed triumphantly. He pulled Daisuke up and drew him so close that mere centimeters separated them. The redhead couldn’t stop blushing. “You’re mine, now Daisuke-chan,” he said before closing the gap and pressing his lips against Daisuke’s.

~~~~~~~~~~~

KaizerKen: Nice start Sakura-chan.

Sakura: Why thank you Kaizer darling. That episode happens to be one of your finest moments.

KKen: Of course it is. Dai-chan never looked so delicious.

Daisuke: Too bad it didn’t turn out like you planned, ne Ken-chan?

KKen: What makes you think it didn’t? Just look at all those lovely Kaizersuke fics out there.

Sakura: Anyway, the main part of the fic’s should be up in a few minutes. I just wanted to add this part to set the stage. So hold your reviews until the I get the rest of the fic up.