Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Baka ga Daisuki ❯ Itsumo Daisuki ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
SEMI-IMPORTANT NOTES - This just came up a day after I finished Baka ga Daisuki, and I didn't get a chance to write it until today. The weather's rainy and dreary, and Hamasaki Ayumi-san's "Love Destiny" song just fit my wistful mood...

This MiChi piece takes place a few days after the first one -- sort of a sequel. I apologize for the shortness. It was gettin' too mushy at the end, and I didn't want to make you reel in disgusted sweetness.

And once again, Digimon is not mine, but I can always dream...



ITSUMO DAISUKI
(I'll Always Love)

written by K-chan



She browsed through the small figurines and trinkets displayed on the shelves of the gift shop. Her fingers picked up a frame with a cute photo of a boy and girl holding hands, and a faint smile swept over her face briefly. The image only reminded of her what she had with a certain boy a few days ago, but now, she wasn't sure if it would be the same ever again because in an hour or so, she would take the flight that would take her home... back to New York City, even though Odaiba was her true home, where her dear friends lived.

She turned away from the little reminders and found herself looking through the dolls and stuffed animals. They were adorable with their big eyes pleading for her to take them him with her, but she had no intention of buying anything. She was just wasting time until her flight was due. She should've drop by the junior high school to give her friends a last farewell until the next time, but she always hated to do that. She hated saying 'good-bye' even though she knew it was possible to see them again, but still, the mixture of frustration and disappointment just added to the sorrow of having to leave them behind.

Surprised, she paused and stared at a brown teddy bear dressed like an aviator -- dark, leather jacket with a white scarf around its neck and googles on its head. She smiled, giggling a bit because the cute thing, with big, round eyes and brown, bushy fur, reminded her of a special someone. "Baka," she whispered, pressing her finger against its black nose, and hugged it closely against her.

After a while, she sighed and placed it back onto the shelf. She walked towards the store exit, and with one last glance back to the lovable bear, she turned away and left.

She walked the path she had taken many times when her visit to Odaiba was over, and every time, the feeling became heavier and heavier, as if the longer she lived away from the district, the more her visits to remember her childhood affected her already homesick heart. And just to add to that was the chance of being with a best friend and possible boyfriend, but a distant relationship wouldn't work out. It would just be too painful missing him.

She sighed and sat down by the windows, dropping her jacket and bags beside her. She watched the planes take off and land, but her mind was pressed on the thought of not wanting to leave. She tried to shake it from her head, but it was like an annoying fly, coming back to bug her. She sighed again and closed her eyes, but it was only a few seconds when she thought she heard her name being called. "Mimi no baka," she grumbled at herself, "You're hearing things now... You miss him so much, you hear his voice..."

"MIMI-CHA~AN!" the voice called again.

"I'm not that delirious," she questioned herself as she opened her eyes and stood up, "am I?" She searched for the owner of the voice and found the young man running towards her, waving his hand in the air. "Ta-Tai-chan?!" When he reached her, he had to pause for a moment to catch his breath, and she noticed the bouquet of pink carnations in his hand, and her face softened at his thoughtful gesture.

He straightened up and looked at her, but she crinkled her nose in pretend annoyance, "Baka, what are you doing here? You're supposed to be in school!"

He looked hurt, and she regretted for saying that to him. "I-- We were hoping you would stop by the school before you left. And... well... I... uuh, I thought you might need something to occupy your long trip." He shyly held out the flowers to her, and she smiled, accepting them.

She looked at him slyly, "Really, Tai. The latest Figaro Japon would do just as fine, but flowers?"

He blushed and blurted out, "But this has more meaning!"

She giggled and hugged him, laying her head against his chest as he slowly wrapped his arms around her waist. "I know," she whispered, "And thank you. Thank you for coming, Taichi. I didn't want to say 'good-bye' because it would be too hard... with... my feelings for you..."

"Mimi..."

"I had thought that not seeing you would be okay and be less painful... but I was wrong," he heard her sob. He wanted to pull her back and wipe the tears away and tell her everything was going to be all right, but she just held onto him, as if the moment they parted, they would never be able to be together again. "But seeing you again made me realize how foolish I was.

"If I can leave... with this very moment in my heart," she whispered, pulling back to see his handsome face, "I will be happy. I will smile... thinking of you." His hand touched her face and caressed her delicate skin, wiping the dried up tears away. He leaned close to her face and lightly pressed his lips against hers and pulled back to see her blushing face.

"Was that... okay?" he asked nervously.

"Yeah," she nodded and watched him fidget adorably under her gaze.

"Mimi-chan... Uuh, you know... I, umm..."

She smiled, "Baka, I know you're not good with words, especially when it comes to your feelings, but I understand." She placed a hand on his chest, where his heart was, "I already know."

"But..."



'Mimi-chan, remember to call me when you get home.'

'Okay! Don't worry, I will!'

'And you have to email me too!'

'I know. And you have to do the same too. No excuses!'

"Yes, ma'am!'

'...'

'Mimi-chan.'

'Hai.' (Yes.)

'Mimi-chan ga samishigatteru...' (I'll miss you...)

'Unn, atashi mo.' (Yeah, I'll miss you too.)

'Mimi-chan no koto ga... suki. Daisuki!' (I love you, Mimi. I really do!)

'Baka, mada shitte iru.' (Idiot, I already know.)

'Sou da... Shikashi, tatoe kimi ga ittaizentai de ittemo... kimi ga... itsumo daisuki...' (Yeah... but wherever you are... I'll always... love you...)



. T H E . E N D .



Aaah, the Japanese phrases are SO romantic! That's why you see a lot of it this time. Those two are such a cute couple, even though I still love MimAto. Okay, forget it... I might not write about KouMi nor JyoMi. It's just not me, and there are plenty of those couplings out there.

Also, Figaro Japon is a real magazine, dealing with fashion. Mata ne.