Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Baka ga Daisuki ❯ Baka ga Daisuki ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
SEMI-IMPORTANT NOTES - I miss the MiChi stories, so here's my own! A one-shot that is kinda cute -- not too sweet to give you cavities, I hope -- but I enjoyed writing it. I had to take a break from my MimAto series 'Magical Girl Mimi' and the insaneness of 'Blindness and Anarchy', which you should go read!!

This was also nspired by the many really sweet Japanese MiChi stories...

Oh yeah, this takes place after the Digi-World Tour or whatever... where both worlds are at peace again.

And finally... Digimon... is... *urk*... not... mine.



BAKA GA DAISUKI
(I Love an Idiot)

written by K-chan



"Baka!" she cried, jumping onto his back, and started to beat her small fists against his head in fury, "I told you to call me 'Mimi-CHAN'! It's wa~a~ay cuter!" He was only half listening to her because of the sudden weight on his back, he was trying to balance himself before he fell over, taking her with him. "Tai-chan? Are you listening to me?!" she asked, still on his back with her arms wrapped around his neck to keep herself from slipping to the ground.

"Of course!" he said with his feet firmly on the ground, grinning, "So where to, Mimi-CHAN?!" He put his hands beneath her lower thighs to support her body, and since she was there, he might as well give her a piggy back ride to her destination.

"Hmm," she thought about it, "I don't know yet. Just start walking and I'll think of a place."

"But Mimi-chan," he groaned, "I'd probably have to carry you for HOURS!"

"WHAT?!" she shrieked in his ears, "Are you saying I'm STUPID?! I think SLO~OW?!"

"Waah!" He nearly tipped over from her screaming, "NO! I didn't mean that way!"

"Okay, fine! Then treat me to some ice cream!" she pointed to the little ice cream stand across the street.

"Yes, ma'am!" he chuckled and sprinted over there. Being a soccer player, it didn't take much effort for him, and Mimi hardly weighed much anyway. Who would've thought a teenaged girl like her would have a huge appetite the size of Tokyo?! Every time she came to visit from New York City, she would order half the menu, explaining that it was hard to have authentic Japanese cuisine every day so she was making the best of it on her trips.

Sometimes it was hard to imagine that they were teenagers now, almost into high school, growing up so fast and leaving behind the memories and adventures of their childhood. Life was never the same again, especially for Mimi because she lived so far away from her friends, her true friends. It was amazing sometimes when she came back to visit them, they would come running to her and welcoming her home like she hadn't missed a thing in the world. But she knew... Even if they kept their smiles and laughter, their lives were moving on with out her.

It felt strange to think that way, but it was the truth. Of the original eight Digidestines, she would be the last person to hold onto the past, those memories in the Digital World where she had cried and complained, but she just couldn't let them go. Her friends would probably drop dead on the spot if they heard her want to go back to the Digital World again, willingly.

"I really miss those days," she whispered sadly, having forgotten that she was still on Taichi's back.

"Mimi-chan, what's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing."

It didn't take a genius to know that that was obviously nothing. He suddnly felt the heaviness of the air and began to struggle with the weight of the girl on his back, "Uugh, Mimi-chan... did you gain weight or what?"

She fumed and tightened her hug around his neck, as if challenging him to insult her again, "Mou, Tai-chan! You are heartless! You'll never get a girlfriend!"

He winced, "Okay okay, you're beautiful and perfect! Just don't curse me be alone for the rest of my life!" She laughed, and he couldn't help but join her. But after a while, they stopped laughing and an awkward silence fell over them, and by that time, they were at the ice cream stand. Mimi climbed down his back and stood sweetly next to him as she placed her order. Taichi was looking through his wallet, hoping that he had enough after recalling that he had lost a bet to Yamato.

"Tai-chan, you get something too," she told him, handing a 2000 yen bill to the man behind the counter. The boy just stood there, dumbfounded, with his wallet in one hand, and Mimi glared at him, "We don't have all day."

"But... I thought I was paying..."

"I was just joking. It's really my treat after you carried me all that way." She playfully punched his arm to get him back to normal and order what he wanted. She received her change and put it in her purse as both waited for their ice cream. The man gave them each their double-scoop ice cream cones and thanked them for their purchase. As they walked over to an empty bench, Mimi said, "Have I ever told you how much of a baka you can be?"

"Gee, thanks," he rolled his eyes, "But ya know, you're not much of an Einstein yourself."

She stopped and grabbed his hand with the ice cream. It felt like slow-motion as he watched her bring his ice cream close to her mouth, and her tongue came out and licked it. Satisfied, she smiled, letting go of his hand, "There!"

"EEWE!! MIMI-CHAN JUST SLOBBERED OVER MY ICE CREAM!!" he freaked out and quickly exchanged his tainted ice cream with her untouched one. He laughed as he made his mark on hers as he kept her at arms length. "Now we're even," he smirked.

"TAI NO BAKA!!" she yelled, chasing him around the streets, which wasn't a good idea because the two scoops of ice cream fell to the ground. "Great, Tai!" she groaned, "Look what you made me do."

"I did not!" he protested, holding his treat in tact, "You started it first."

"You can be SO immature!" she sighed, getting a tissue to clean the ickness from her hands.

"Am not!" he pouted and licked his ice cream.

"I shall not stoop down to you your childish level," she announced and threw away the soiled tissue, quickly adding, "Are too!" She turned away from and walked away, leaving him to follow behind her. He didn't like following her from behind, even though he was enjoying the view back there, so he hurried to her side and held out the half-eaten ice cream to her.

"We can share," he grinned. Mimi nodded and took a few bites, thinking that if she didn't eat it right away, Taichi would eat it all and she would lose out on the delicious treat. He laughed at her.

"What's so funny?" she questioned, not realizing that she had gotten a dab of ice cream on the tipe of her nose during the hasty eating. He touched her nose with his finger, wiping off the creamy bit, and then licked it off his finger. She blushed and looked away, rubbing her nose shyly. Between the two of them, the ice cream was quickly devoured, and they resumed their walk together.

Taichi suddenly jumped a bit when he felt her arm wrapped around his, and she leaned herself against him. His brown eyes softened at the pink-haired girl as he smiled, enjoying her company and the closeness they were sharing. "Baka," he heard her breathe softly, "you can be so sweet too..." He didn't reply to her because he thought she didn't meant for him to hear it, and she, in turn, didn't bring up.

They continued walking without a destination in mind, but just the presence of each other was good enough that wherever they went, it wouldn't matter as long as they were together. And somehow during their time together, her hand found its way safely clasped within his own.



'Hey, Taichi.'

'Yeah?'

'I've decided... I'll put that curse on you.'

'What? Why do ya wanna do that? You want me to stay single for the rest of my life?'

'No, baka! If I do that, then... then I'll have you to myself!'

'Mimi...'

'...'

'You can be such a baka too.'

'So?! A baka-girl for a baka-boy!'

'Yeah... it's perfect...'

'Sou ka... Baka ga daisuki... Itsumo daisuki...' (Yeah... I love an idiot... I'll always love him...)


. T H E . E N D .



I wrote this MiChi with the looming thought of that... *shudder* SorAto ending, and being someone who DESPISES SorAto, I decided not to bring it up in the story. Fair deal, ne? I won't apologize to SorAto fans either 'cause I'm sure they loathe MimAto too. So, like I said, it's all fair.

Anyway if I feel like it -- and/or have time -- I might do some more of the one-shots. I'm considering a DaiMi, KouMi and possibly JyoMi, but I would start witht he DaiMi first, just to let you know. And PLEASE DO NOT bombard me with emails about it -- just leave it in the reviews.