Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Begins ❯ Begins Chapter 26 ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 26 Begins

Tai woke up in an uncomfortable amount of pain. "Ohhhh…" he moaned before he managed to open his eyes and noticed that Sora wasn't there with him. "Sora?" he called put he gotten no answer from her, Tai frowned. "TK? Are you up?" he called… "Yeah." He replied absent minded

"Did you see Sora yet?" he asked. "No, I saw Kari but she's not here now either." TK said to him. The door opened up, Sora came through with Kari, Mimi and Matt. "Tai. your up how are you feeling?" Mimi asked him. "Horrible." He answered. "Hey people can some on help me out off the bed?" TK called. "Be right there little bro." Matt said he pushed the curtain wall in so it wasn't in the way and blocking the view.

"Ah...poor Tai." Sora said she brushed away at his face cutely. "Sora your treating him like a baby." Mimi said. "Because he is my second 'baby' " she said. By this time Matt had helped TK into the wheel chair. Kari smiled at TK he did the same back.

"Actually I still want to know why I wasn't notified about this suspicions behavior of Jeff's?" Matt asked them. "Matt can you just leave it alone?" Sora asked. Tai looked at him. "I thought this discussion was over?……and why are you both dressed up?" he asked him, Matt and Mimi both rolled there eyes annoyed.

"You don't remember what this morning was really the both of you are dense." Matt said. Sora was giggling. Tai raised an eyebrow towards her as if to say 'what?' "Tai the trial remember." Sora said to him. His eyes widened understanding what she was talking about. "OH…that….what?" Tai asked Matt cause right now he looked annoyed Mimi was trying to suppress from laughing. "My problem is that you forgot I told you and Sora both at least 6 times and you two keep on forgetting…was there something that you two lost once you got married?" Matt asked him. Tai shook his head nodded sure whatever you say Matt.

"Well how did it go?" Tai asked him. They started to giggle TK did also even though he wasn't even here but he knew how angry Matt got when Tai would forget things. Matt lost his serious ness then started to laugh a little. "Sorry man, you guys drive me nuts." He said then began to laugh. "Well how did the trail thing go?" TK asked. "She's going to be committed." Matt replied. TK frowned. "Uh…who is going to be committed?" he asked.

"Brittany, The District Attorney wanted to put her in an intuition, calling her a danger to others and herself." Matt said to him. TK nodded. "Oh….her. Yeah that true." He said. "That's pretty mean to say TK." Sora told him, trying to be serious. "No it isn't Sora admitted it." Tai replied. Sora looked down at him wearily and shook her head.

"I don't…." she replied. Matt pointed at her "Lair! You know it too….she tried to kill Mimi and Kari." Matt replied. "Matt that's not fair to accuses her she's just…..different. Right Kari." Sora looked at her sister. "Yeah…Sora's right you can't make fun of her. I kind of feel sorry for her." Kari replied. Mimi nodded in agreeing, the guys frowned. "Never mind I don't want know anymore ." Tai said.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blue Notes……

Nancy walked into the restaurant she looked around and she spotted him and walked to the table. Dave looked up and saw her. "Nancy. Hi." Dave said he got up and pulled a chair out for her, it caught her by surprise. Then sat down he did also.

"David you didn't have to do that." She replied. "Nope, I wanted to." He replied. she smiled warmly at him. "Do you want something to drink?" he asked. "Um…maybe an club soda." She replied. "Okay I'll be right back." He said to her.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The nurse was in the hospital room, changing Tai's bandages. Mimi and Matt had gone out for lunch, TK and Kari had gone down to the cafeteria to discuss a few things and eat. Sora was in the hospital room with the nurse change the bandages.

"Can you be careful where you put your hands." Tai said. "Tai…she's had to do her job." Sora replied. Tai sighed "Okay…but you have to at least stay near me." Tai told her. "Your such a baby." she replied. "Only for you hun." He replied.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Are you okay TK? I mean you are really okay?" Kari asked she was concerned for him. "I am fine you don't have to worry about me." He replied he took a bit of the sandwich. "No what I actually mean is how was it what did you do…when you were locked up." She asked, she wasn't really sure if she made sense. "Kari, I.." She stopped him

"No TK, it doesn't matter if I get hurt just tell me." She replied. "Nothing…there was nothing to do, I cried and tried to plot my way out." he replied. "Oh." She said. "Come on there's got to be something else you want to talk about. Besides this." TK replied.

"No I just want too talk to you about anything…" she said. he put his sandwich on the table. "Hey, how about I promise you a night on the town when I get out?" he asked. Kari smiled. "That would be great TK." she replied, she got up and leaned over to him kissing him lightly on his lips.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

3 weeks later…..

"We the jury find the defendant Jeffery Frasier Guilty of all charges." The jury member spoke up. Sora kissed Tai happy finally they got him out of there lives for good. "Court is adjourned meet at 0700 hours tomorrow for sentencing." The judge pounded the mallet on his desk indicating the court's dismissal. Jeff walked passed Tai and his family,

"Tai you better watch it cause I'll get you when I get out of jail." He replied angrily. "You should if you know what good for you." He replied. Sora helped her husband up giving him his crouches. "There are you okay?" Sora asked. Tai nodded, he got himself in a comfortable position.

"Daddy!….daddy….daddy." Saria was chanting daddy all the time she like him a lot. "Saria...shh.." Sora said. Saria gave Sora a mean look. "No!" she said. And she began to chant daddy again.

"She's acting like Tai did when he was that old. That so cute." Anna replied. the group were exiting the court house going to the car.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Tai's Parents house, the were have a celebration. Tai sat down on the couch. He still found it hard to sit, the wound was bothering him. The mesh they put in was really irritating him. Matt took a seat next to him.

"Hey man how's it going?" He asked. "Not good it's bothering me again." He replied, Matt frowned "Well get it checked out." he said. "I did the doctor said that that mesh thing has to stay in there for about 2 months. Which sucks cause I can't do anything at all." He replied.

Kari was walking Saria around she was starting to walk but slowly. Kari would grab both her hands and she'd walk. "Saria were you taking me?" Kari asked. Saria was heading down the hallway then she'd turn around. And walk back up and keeping on going back and forth Kari was starting to get dizzy from doing that.

"Ah…Sora, is she eating solids?" Mimi asked she was curious, just to find out. "Um…no not yet…" she turned to look at Anna "When do you think she could Anna?" she asked. "Um around 18 months…I think. But then again It's been 16 years since I took care of a baby and things change." She replied. Sora turned to Mimi.

"well I've got to check with the doctor on that." She replied. "Oh so how is Tai's recovery doing?" she asked. "I think it's okay…so far we had a scare I think it was last week, cause it started to bleeding suddenly. He say he's feeling a lot of pain from it still thought." She replied sadly looking at Tai.

"Oh…we he'll get better soon." She said. "I hope so…Mimi come with me to my place I'll show you something I was planning on doing for him." She said. Mimi nodded. "Okay what are best friends for." Mimi said smiling. "Guys watch Saria for me." Sora said. As she and Mimi went out the door.

"You know what's killing me? It's Sora she's taking this like she was the one that was hurt." He replied slowly. "Tai of course she's hurt she loves you. She cares for you so much that it hurts her." He told him. "I know….it isn't that but she shouldn't have too cause she's hurting me by….crying for me…" He replied trying not to make is sound confusing.

"Have you guys had a minute alone? To talk about this?" Matt asked him. "No…when we are alone we just enjoy our company or I'm asleep cause of the pain killers I have to make me sleepily and drowsily." Tai told him.

"That's bad stop taking those there not good all the time." Matt replied. "Well I got to take them it's the only way I can sleep some nights." He said to him. "Well talk to her about it." Matt said. "Yeah…I will." He said. "Thanks man for listening." Tai told him. "Yeah, no problem." Matt said the two shook hands.

Sora's house….

"I think that's a great Idea Sora, he'd love it." She replied. "You really think…I mean I know he would but I wasn't sure." She replied. "Sora nonsense, Tai would like this…I bet it would be one night where you two actually were alone with out Saria." She said. Sora smiled the two friends hugged.

"Thank you Mimi." Sora said sniffling. "Are you crying?" Mimi asked she pulled away. From her. "Yeah….It's just it hurts so much when he's so sad like that…I love him so much." She replied her voice cracked to light sobs. "Oh...Sora come here." Mimi pulled her in a comforting embrace. Sora began to cry silently on her shoulder. "Sora have you told him this?" she asked. They pulled away from each other and sat on the couch.

"Yeah…I've told him…he tells me not to worry about him and he's fine but I can't help it…" she replied she wiped away her tears. "Well you two are emotionally attached. It's understandable Sora. " Mimi told her. "I'm sorry Mimi for crying on you." Sora said smiling a little.

"No…don't apologize you needed some one to talk to. I'm always here for you." Mimi said to her. Sora laughed a little. "I keep on crying on Kari shoulder about this." She wiped away her tears again. Mimi smiled "See now your laughing." She replied, she looked at her watch noticing that she and Matt had to go. "Oh, Me and Matt got to leave soon, Sora." She told her. "Okay lets go to the main house, I have to go there anyways." Sora said she wiped away any traces of her tears from her eyes.

Next day 6:00pm

"Tai I planed you and I an evening." Sora told him. "Really." He said looking up at her. "Yeah I dropped Saria off at my mother house." Sora told him. Tai smiled. "So I get some lone time with my sexy wife." He replied. They kissed. "Yeah, I've made dinner for us, it's just some lasagna." She replied. "Anything you make is good enough sweetheart." Sora smiled at his commented she helped him to his spot at the table.

After dinner…

Tai looked in some discomfort, "Sora could you help me out?" he asked. "Okay, what's wrong?" she asked as she noticed his face was contorted with pain. "Nothing, no need to worry sweetie." he said to her. Sora helped him to the bedroom. "I'm sorry if I ruined the night you had planed." He said. Sora shook her head. "No you didn't." she replied he heard her sniffle once.

"Sora what's wrong?" he asked. "I just can stand to see you like this." She replied. she helped him take his shirt off then his pants, she saw that the wound was healing but very slowly and it looked a bit swollen. "Tai…is it throbbing" she asked him. "a little." He replied.

"Okay hold on one second, I'll be back with some cream." She replied. then coming back with a tube of pain relief cream, she applied it carefully, the replaced the bandage. "There you go." She replied. she helped him into the bed and pulled the covers over his body.

"Sora, you've been wonderful through everything." He replied, tears started to fall from his eyes. "Oh Tai….don't cry." She replied. "I have to…..I swear once I get so much better that I'll take you on a real honeymoon….well go somewhere in Europe. The city of love maybe." He replied. Sora was starting too cause Tai was crying.

"Don't worry about me…..I love to take care of you." She replied. "If it wasn't for my stupid charging thing I wouldn't be in the situation I am in now." He replied. Sora shook her head. "No…Tai never mind that. It's too late to be talking about this, it already happened. Let's think about the future….okay?" Sora asked him. Tai nodded. Sora kissed him lightly.

"Night I love you. I'll go and get Saria and put her to bed a little early." She told him. "Okay, Sora. I love you." He said. She smiled at him. Then left, closing the door behind her, she leaned her back against the door. Trying to regain her composer.

*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Blue Notes Restaurant:

"Matt I'm worried about Sora and Tai. There acting so emotional over this whole thing." Mimi replied. Matt watched her he took another bit of his steak. "I know but there's nothing I or we can do about it. Tai phoned me the other night crying his eyes out cause he was so scared Sora was going to leave him or something." He replied.

"Really?" she asked him. "Yeah…I swear It's like there personalities have totally changed." He replied, he put the piece into his mouth and started to chew it. Mimi took a sip from her glass of wine.

"Do you think we will be like that?" Mimi asked. Matt stopped chewing and swallowed the piece he had in his mouth. "Um…well it's hard to tell…." He replied trailing off a bit.

"Sorry, I was just thinking about what it would be like to be married." She said, she wasn't hinting anything just really curious about it. "Oh…you weren't implying anything are you?" Matt asked carefully.

"No….Matt I wasn't I don't expect to get married till I'm a few more years older like…maybe 25 or 26 maybe 28." She replied. Matt watched. "really? I mean your going to wait that long?" he asked. "Sure why not I'm going to turn 21 soon, I'm still young." She replied. 'man should I ask her?' he questioned in himself. "Matt? Something wrong?" Mimi asked, Matt looked at her and shook his head. "No…nothing at all I was just thinking." He replied. "Oh." She replied, she went back to finishing her dinner.

"Can I ask you something?" Matt said to her. Mimi smiled. "Sure you can, sweetie." Mimi replied. Matt took a deep breath 'think before you say it, Matt' he thought to himself. "This is just a what if question okay so please let me finish what I'm going to say." Matt told her. Mimi nodded.

"Oh…Okay…I won't interrupt you then." Mimi said. Matt was starting to get really nervous he didn't want to scare her away. "Ah….Okay I. Okay I'll start over, Um…what if someone….did ask you to marry them…." Matt stopped quickly looked away from her. Mimi raised one eyebrow

"I don't know I guess it depends who that someone is." She replied watching Matt. 'Shit I was too obvious.' Matt cried in his mind. 'Oh my god….he wants to marry me?' she thought. She smiled.

"Okay well I was going to ask you this." Matt got up, Mimi gasped 'is he doing what I think he is….Oh god he is.' She thought as Matt knelt down in front of her. "Mimi I know that you probably don't think your ready…but I will to wait for you. And my heart is telling me that I love you and it's time for the next step in the relationship. So I'm asking you this. Mimi will you Marry me?"

Matt asked as he opened the small velvet box revealing a beautiful diamond ring. Mimi began to cry. "Oh Matt Yes!" she cried, Matt slipped the ring on her finger gently, he rose and Mimi did too, they kissed and hugged.

"Oh god that was so hard when you said that you didn't want to get married I was so scared that you'd turn it down." Matt replied. "I wouldn't have Matt, I love you so much." She replied they kissed again and broke away.

"The whole mess that happened this year had me thinking about how much you mean to me, and I don't want to lose you again." He replied sincerely. "Matt dance with me." She said to him. He looked at her and nodded he then directed her to the dance floor. She place her arms around his neck he wrapped his around her waist. They danced to a slowly moving instrumental piece of music..

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"See I told you this wouldn't be boring, TK." Kari replied. Anna was sitting at the other end of the table. "It's okay if you thought it was boring to playing scramble with us, TK." She replied. TK shook his head. "It wasn't boring…Mrs. Kamiya I swear, it was actually fun." He said smiling. There was a knock at the back door. "OH it's probably Sora." Anna replied. she went to the door and opened it and sure enough it was Sora, she was crying.

"oh….sweetie did you come to get Saria?" she asked. "Yeah…." She started to sob on the kitchen counter as she sat on the stool. "Sora what's wrong?" Kari asked her, TK looked concerned and went with her also. Kari watched her cry, 'she's been crying over Tai for the past 2 weeks. Every single time she mentions his name she'd cry. Sora…' she thought feeling great sympathy for her but she wasn't please how Tai and Sora handle this situation.

"Sora here." Anna given her some Camille tea to calm her down. She took sips of it. "Mom, TK do you mind if I talk to Sora alone?" Kari asked. "Okay darling we will leave. Come on Saria." Anna said she picked up her grand daughter and the went to the living room. Kari followed them and closed the door that went into the living room.

Kari when over to her "Sora I think we need to have a sister to sister chat here." She said Looking at Sora. "Kari, I don't want to hear it." She replied. "Well Sora sometimes some things need to be forced upon and this talk is one of them." Kari replied.

Sora sighed as she wiped away some of the tears that were rolling down her cheek. "What are you going to tell me that it stupid to be crying over something like this for no reason?" Sora asked. Kari took a deep breath of air in. "Tai's a big boy, he's okay Sora…why do you keep on crying about this?" she asked. "So what?" Sora asked she was angry.

"Kari, I can do what I want to do! If I want to cry over this I can." She said. Kari frowned. "Sora that doesn't make any sense your crying cause you feel like too?" she questioned annoyed. "Wrong! It's a emotional thing you wouldn't understand." Sora replied not sounding so angry.

"I understand that he's my brother, and I do care for him but you have to be strong for him you can't break down every time someone mentions his name to you." Kari replied. Sora stopped being angry she just sat there and looked like she was about to cry but she didn't.

"Sora don't do this to yourself." She replied sadly. "I'm sorry for yelling at you but can't be like this anymore. What happened to the strong Sora?" she asked. "The strong me?….it left when Tai got stabbed." She replied and she closed her eyes. Kari went to her and hugged her sister-in-law "All I want to know is the reason." She replied. Kari took a seat next to her.

"The reason is because I saw it happen….Kari that's what's hurting me cause I saw what he did to him." She replied upset. Kari gasped. "Oh TK didn't say anything to me about that." She replied upset. "he didn't cause I made him promise not to say anything to you." She replied.

"…." Kari didn't say anything. "So can you promise me not to cry about this again? Cause the most important thing is that Tai's alive and he recovering slowly but surly he will in time." Kari told her.

"Yeah….your right…I feel a bit better." She said. "Yeah and all you have to do is forget the past and go on in the future." Kari said softly. Sora nodded. "I think I gave Tai that same advice anyways thank you Kari. You're the best sister I could ever have!" she replied, then the two girls hugged.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

8:00pm…..

Sora walked into her house with Saria who was sleeping. Going to her room she, dressed her into her pj's and placed her in the crib. "There night Saria." she replied. she kissed her on her cheek. Sora silently closed the lights and the door.

She walked into her bedroom where Tai was sleeping in bed Sora took her clothing off and put on her purple night gown Tai had gotten her a few months back she climbed into bed. And pulled the covers over herself, she laid on her side she watch Tai sleep. She played with his hair, she loved to play with his hair. Tai could feel someone playing with his hair.

"Sora?" he asked in a whisper. "Yeah sweet heart what is it?" she questioned Sora proper herself on her elbow so Tai didn't have to turn his head to look over at her. "Saria fall asleep?" he asked. "Yeah she did you don't have to worry." She told him. She bent down kissed him on his lips and then laid down on her side again. "do you want to play the alphabet game? I can't sleep." Tai told her. Sora smiled "Okay sure. Starting at A you go first."

Sora said. "Apples" "Adam" "appear." Sora started to laugh. "What is it?" Tai asked. "Nothing I feel like little kid again." She replied smiling. "Is that supposed to be an excuse Mrs. Kamiya?" Tai asked her. "Nope….come lets just play." Sora said. The two continued to play there game.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Matt pulled up in front of Mimi's house. He walked her to her door. "You should come in." Mimi replied. Matt shook his head. "No, I can't." he replied, knowing full well what would happen if he did.

"Matt are you refusing staying the night?" she asked. Matt looked to the ground then up at her. "Well yeah….were not going to make love tonight, if were are going to get married we should do it the proper way….not saying I don't want to. But we should wait until our wedding night." he said. Mimi gave him a grime look. "So you are willing to wait that long?" she asked. He nodded. "Okay well goodnight." She kissed him slipping her tongue into his mouth. Once she pulled away Matt looked a bit flustered.

"Um…..I love you too." He replied and started back to the car. 'ah man…' she watch him starting to leave and he stumbled over his own feet trying to get to his car. "My god….he resisted." She said out loud. "Hey Ishida, I almost got you to change your mind didn't I?" she called to him.

"How would you know?" he said back to her. Mimi didn't say anything but simply waved at him. "Don't worry Mimi-san I can take care of myself I can resist until we get married, but play fair next time." He said. He started the car, Mimi laughed. "Oh…he's the cutest." She said to herself the turned and went inside her home.

To Be Continued……………….

This is the second last chapter of begins get ready...for the final installment...which will be really long.

hope you like Mimi x Matt's part in this.

Tai and Sora a won't be that emotional anymore in the next chapter.

[Back to Begins|Go to Home]