Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Bucket Hats ❯ Bucket Hats ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: ^_^ don't kill

Disclaimer: No own

Prologue: Changes

Now, let me tell you a story. I'm not a very good storyteller, but please bare with me. Now, there was this boy I knew, well I didn't know him personally, but I knew of him.

Oh! Forgive me, you must be wondering who I am, right? No? Well, I'll tell you anyways. I'm an omnipresent being.. Huh? Oh! That means I'm in several places at once… hard to explain, so please don't ask. Huh? You weren't going to in the first place? My bad. Anyways, I basically am the story keeper of the universe, and for those of you asking how I can keep the stories but not be good at telling them, well, I just get nervous in front of people, ironic, ne? By the way, nevermind and ironic happen to be my favorite words. Nevermind, I keep all the stories in all the worlds, and I pretty much work for the Big Guy. Forgive my slang.

Now, where was I? Hmmm, was it the story of the three eyed toad and the two armed sloth? Or was that three armed sloth and…. Nevermind. I remember now, this is one of my favorites. I know things such as this have happened before, believe me, I know, but I like the way he dealt with his situation.

His name was Takashi Takeru. He lived with his mother, called his father all the time, and visited his older brother, Yamato, whenever possible. He was a good boy.

Now, when this story took place he was fifteen, and a freshmen, and to say the least, he didn't exactly like school. Sure, he was doing fine in his classes, especially athletics, but his dislike of the place really didn't have anything to do with school itself. You see, it was the girls, and a fair share of the boys, that made him miserable during those seven or so hours. Long story short: he didn't like being popular, and unfortunately for him, that's exactly what he was.

I suppose things like that run in families, but if you don't know what I'm talking about, it's yet another story, shorter, yes, but not nearly as entertaining. That, of course, is just my opinion.

Oh yes, back to the story. He was quite popular for several reasons.

1) He was rather cute. (Why are blonds with blue eyes so popular? I should look that up. Maybe it reminds people of the sun and the sea? Hey! That's a good analogy! Oh my! Did I just rhyme?)

2) He was the best basketball player in, well they hadn't seen anyone better, so most assumed forever.

3) He was the younger brother of a famous rock star. (self-explanatory)

And I'm afraid not many people cared about this last one, but it's very true and some people cherished it more than the others.

4) He was the most caring individual you'd ever meet. (no exception)

Is it just me, or am I turning this into a biography? Well, that's enough of that, now to start that actual story.

The Mid-October wind was blowing hard, and the sky was grey. Takeru was having trouble keeping his hat on his head, carrying his bag, and trying to keep up with the bouncing girl in front of him. Takeru wasn't the only one, Iori was having a rather hard time keeping up with Miyako as well.

" Hurry up! I don't want to be late, I practically had to drag the two of you out of bed, I'm not going to drag you down the sidewalk unless you make me."

"The only reason you `had to drag' me out of bed is `cause I had another ten minutes. I don't know why you `had to drag' Iori out"

"I was up late." The little brunette hid a yawn with his hand.

One of Takeru`s eyebrows disappeared into his hairline. "Again? How many times is that?"

"Thirteen, if you don't count the first two weeks of the month." Miyako checked her wristwatch as they turned a corner. "We're going to be late."

Takeru ignored that comment. "Iori, do you really think it's worth losing so much sleep over? It's just a few little disturba.." He was cut off by a loud screeching noise, that sounded like a car skidding to a stop. Which was followed by several shrieks, the sound of a smoke alarm going off, more than a few cell phone ringers, and Miyako's wristwatch alarm going off.

The three of them rounded another corner and saw one of the causes. They had come to a large intersection, where cars were sprawled out everywhere, and their owners were shouting curses at each other. The real cause of the pile up appeared to be the fact that the street lights were all glowing at the same time.

"You were saying, TK?" Iori looked up at him, serious, but slightly smug.

"Uh, have you talked to Koushiro yet?" Takeru began to wonder if he should be a LITTLE more worried about all this….

"Says he's as clueless as I am, same with Ken, and nobody else seems to be paying any attention." His voice was a little bitter on the last part.

"The smart guys are clueless? Oh crap, we're dead."

Miyako, who seemed to be messing with her palmtop, decided to finally comment. "Well if we depend on the guys, of course `we're dead'."

"Ouch" Iori smoothed his hand over an imaginary wound. "Warn me before you start spitting acid again."

"Ha, ha, wish you guys could get a chance to see what it's like to be a girl." She grinned and held her palmtop for then to see. "We're so much more superior."

The mini-screen showed a tiny digi-port. It constantly kept blinking in and out.

"Sure you don't want to give a try at being the superi…" At that moment, the digi-port opened, and regardless of the fact that no one had opened it or had their digi-vice, sucked the three into the Digital World.

________________________________________________________________ ________________

Takeru groaned, and reached up to his head, he hadn't been prepared for that.

"Well, THAT was pleasant." He looked around the grassy hills they were standing in.

Miyako and Iori glared up at him, they had both been knocked to their knees.

"For once in your life Takeru, could you NOT be optimistic?"

"I was being sarcastic, Miyako."

"Didn't think you knew the meaning of the word." Iori dusted off his shirt as he and Miyako stood up.

*BOOOOOOOOMMMM*

The three fell over as the earth shook violently.

"WaAAhHH!"

After the ground steadied, they stood up slowly as they could.

"wha-what was th-that?"

"Miyako, when I find out, I'll be sure to tell you." Takeru straightened his hat and looked in the direction the noise/movement had come from. Apparently, it was from the other side of a very steep hill a few meters away. "Let's go check it out." Before anyone could protest, he was starting to climb upwards.

"TK!!!!" He ignored her. "MEN!!" she stomped her foot.

"We should really follow, Miyako." He too proceeded towards the source of the disturbance.

"Hey! Don't leave me alone!"

At the top of the hill, Takeru crouch down and peered over the crest. Below was a steep slant, leading to a small valley. In the center of the valley, stood a group of digimon, most of which, no, all of which he recognized. There were the partner digimon, from Patamon to Agumon, then there were many friends the dig destined had made in their journeys, such as leomon , and off to the side, stood Gennai.

"What's going on TK?" Apparently, Iori and Miyako had caught up with him by now, and were crouching on either side of him.

"Iori, what did I just get through telling Miyako?"

"Uh, yeah, sorry"

"So back to wondering what this is." Miyako seemed to be in a bad mood at the time. I do wonder why. "Any ide..…."

"Hey!"

Takeru didn't know who had shouted, all that he knew was that it had startled him so much, that the next he was rolling down the hill, unable to stop himself. Now, normally he would have found this fun if he hadn't been rolling to where several digimon were apparently having target practice. Then, he stopped, hitting something HARD, and was soon surrounded by a VERY bright flash.

Gennai stared for a bit at the smoke of dust that had erupted. "Oh dear.."

All they could do was watch in horror as their friend rolled seemingly to his doom. Diasuke hadn't meant to scare him so much when he, Ken and Hikari had come up behind the others. When the final blast had blown the odd tree and surrounding area into a cloud of dust, they ran down the hill, doing all they could to not lose their footing and follow their friend's path.

They reached the bottom and hurried to where the digimon were starring in shock, well, most of them were. Gatomon and Gabumon were holding back a struggling Patamon, and were paying for it in the form of bites and scratches.

"Wha.." Ken had reached the group first and had taken to starring as they were.

"I'm not exactly sure," Gennai appeared beside him as Diasuke and Miyako ran up. "but considering that that tree was causing all those disruptions, I doubt it's good."

The dust began to clear, and everyone, including Hikari and Iori who were a little bit behind the rest, froze. A huddled figure came into view, and patamon, taking advantage of his distracted fellows, ran forward into the thinning cloud. As soon as he reached the figure, he let out a VERY surprised squeak. The dust disappeared completely, and everyone could see the figure. It was a girl, with blond hair, blue eyes, and a bucket hat.

A/N: Alrighty, tell me if you want more, So review, flame, etc.