Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Bucket Hats ❯ Shock ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Karui: ^_^

Cho-Cho: Snickerdoodle cookies, fudge brownies, strawberry ice-cream, mochas, green tea with milk and honey, and patamon plushies to all our seven reviewers. You rock!!!

Takeru: *with disclaimer* You have NO idea how glad I am that she doesn't own us.

Karui: Owwie

Cho-Cho: ;_;

Chapter 1: Shock

Now, where was I? Yeah, so the monkey said to turtle, "Why don't you get that shell fixed?" and the turtle said, wait a sec. Oppsie, I'm sorry, wrong story.

So, when we left off last, the dust cloud had cleared and the figure in the middle of it was a girl. Imagine a girl Takeru… whoops, gave it away, didn't I, or was it already obvious? Oh well, I told you I'm not good at this.

This part deals with how everyone reacted.

Takeru looked for some response, some acknowledgement of the fact they we alive. Yeah, they were breathing, but they were just starring, mouths moving like fish, like he had grown five heads.

Or should I say SHE had grown five heads? She/he knew she/he had….changed. How could she/he… Oh geez! I'm just going to say "she" for now. How could she not? Especially after Ken, Hikari, Iori, and the rest who had been there, when he switched genders to a she, had freaked. She had been hoping that the older Digidestined would have a better reaction. Fat chance.

They were statues, and Takeru was scared to death of what Yamato would say whenever he regained consciousness. (He had passed out. ) `Why did I have to be the one to roll down that stupid hill and change into….. A GIRL??'

I think I'll just skip ahead a bit. What followed that contained a excessive amount of cursing, embarrassing explanations, more cursing, hysteria, and, oh yeah, cursing.

Mrs. Takashi starred at her at-one-time-only-say-four-hours-ago-son. "W-well, th-that's interesting, a-and how ex-exactly d-did th-this happen again?"

"Mo-o-om, I just finished telling you." Takeru was rather annoyed with all of this. She had had enough with her brother, she didn't need it from her mom. Her father was coming over, and, from the phone conversation, didn't sound amused.

(Takeru: I'm a freaking HE!!!! Karui: Forgive HER, SHE's having a little identity crisis. ^_^ Takeru: HE!!! H-E!!!!!!)

"I meant, how did that tree-thingy change you into a g-g-…"

Yamato, who had been sitting on the couch in the Yagamis' living room, cut in. "A girl"

Most of the Digidestined, with the exception of Mimi and Jou, were at the Yagamis' apartment with the child form of their partners sitting in their laps or on the floor beside them. Patamon was perched on Takeru's shoulder. Mrs. Yagami was busy making 12 cups of hot cocoa for herself, Mrs. Takashi, and the Destined.

Takeru was standing in the middle of the living room, looking rather pissed at everything. (Takeru: Well double-DUH!!) She was wearing Hikari's pink Hello Kitty (Karui: Don't own Takeru: Sue her anyway! Cho-Cho: Be nice!) shirt and purple skirt, which accounted for about 13% of her foul mood. The khaki shorts and green shirt didn't fit anymore. Another 26% of foul-moodness was caused by the fact the she was finding bras to be VERY uncomfortable. 7% was caused by Miyako and Hikari trying to explain to her about being a girl while they were waiting for Mrs. Takashi to come. 15% was caused by the finding out, thanks to Hikari, how tampons were used. 11% was caused by her hair, which was now waist length, heavy, and kept falling into her face as if it was there just to annoy her into insanity. 12% by the fact that her underwear were riding WAY too high up. 2% by not being able to stand without wobbling. And the remaining 14% was caused by the stares she was receiving. All of that totaled up to her being quite close to biting the next person who spoke's head off, after she of course tore off all their limbs.

A couple of minutes passed, with everybody watching her every move. This shoved her over the edge, and she proceeded to swing around, nearly knocking off Patamon, and glare daggers at Sora. "I am NOT a freaking five-headed-peanut-brained-mud-wallowing monster!! And even if I WAS you shouldn't be starring at me like THAT!! You've been dealing with digital monsters for seven years!!!!! You're eighteen years-old so GROW-UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!"

Everything went silent but for a few of the neighbors knocking on the walls to makes sure everything was alright and someone wasn't being disembodied, and to tell you the truth, Takeru was pretty close to doing just that.

"Dammit" Tears stung Takeru's eyes and she felt her breath catch in her throat. All she could do then was run out of the apartment, Patamon still swaying on her shoulder. She ran down the hallway and took the stairs instead of the elevator, not caring that she wasn't wearing shoes or a jacket. Halfway down, her hat flew off and she didn't bother to stop and get it. Patamon was hanging on for dear life as she burst out of the stairwell and into the October night. Glass and rocks cut into her skin as she ran down the sidewalk, but she couldn't care less, even if it meant having to get a tetanus shot later. She didn't look for cars as she ran across the street, and she didn't notice the blue car speeding towards her. Patamon, on the other hand, did.

"TAKERU"

________________________________________________________________ _____________________

Takeru was in that space between being awake and sleeping, she could hear and feel but she wasn't moving and her eyes were closed. She listened to voices around her while she lay in bed. She heard a faint beeping somewhere in the room.

A door on the other side of the room opened and closed. "Has she woken up yet?" That sounded like Iori to her.

A voice that was obviously Yamato answered, "No, still out" He was being rather rude.

"Yamato!" and Miyako sounded worn out.

"Sorry"

"I just can't believe she ran in front of the car like that." Takeru could tell her father was worried.

"She didn't mean to. It's my fault, I shouldn't have let her run out like that." Patamon snuggled up to Takeru's stomach, and buried his face in her nightgown.

"Good thing you're a good enough driver to have avoided her"

"Thanks Ken, but just barely. I'm surprised she didn't get scratched by the bumper when I swerved outta the way." Takeru's father's voice changed. "Could somebody PLEASE turn off their watch alarm? That beeping is enough to drive anybody insane!"

"So what exactly happened?"

"Mom, could you listen to a story just ONCE in your life and understand it without hearing it fifteen times?"

"Yamato!"

"Sorry"

Takeru Could have sworn she heard Taichi snickering.

"She ran in front of my car. I jerked out of the way, got out to apologize, and recognized Patamon and her eyes. She fell asleep in the car."

"Poor dear"

"Gimme a break Hikari. She sent Sora into hysterics. Deserves to be scared out of her wits."

"Miyako!"

"Sorry"

"And just WHY has everyone taken to calling Teeks `her' ? Takeru is still my little BROTHER. Emphasis on `BROTHER' "

"Honey, I know you're upset, but you have to accept the fact that Takeru's a girl now. She's going to need your support to get through this."

"Why are you acting like Takeru's not going to change back? And Teeks DOES have my support, I intent to help him find a way to change back no matter how long as it takes."

"She's not changing back, Yamato, and you know that."

"Ken!"

"I am NOT sorry, Hikari. He needs to realize that things aren't going to change back. He has a little sister now and he needs to get over it."

That comment was followed by a loud thump.

"ISHIDA YAMATO!!!!"

"Well now I know where Take learned to punch."

"Could all of you PLEASE calm down?"

"Hikari, please go somewhere else and be a pacifist, and if you're going to keep starring like that, go with her, Iori."

"Daisuke!!"

"Dameru*, Miyako"

"I think it might be best if we left and let Take go back to sleep"

"Ken?"

"She's been awake since Iori came in."

Takeru opened her eyes. "So much for not being noticed."

"Takeru!!"

"What is it with yelling people's names today?" She sat up and realized that she was in Hikari's bed, but remembered too late that Patamon was on her stomach and the poor digimon slid off the bed.

"Oh, sorry Patamon. Forgot"

"It's O.K. T.K., I'm just glad YOU'RE O.K." He climbed back on to her lap and close his eyes.

Takeru rubbed her eyes and looked around. Everyone who had been there earlier except for Sora and Mrs. Yagami were in the bed room.

"I need to apologize to Sora."

"That might be best sweetie."

The door opened again. "She doesn't need to." Everyone turned to look at Sora, who had really red eyes. "It WAS rude of us to stare like that, and I don't think you're a monster, Take."

Takeru blinked. "No, I really shouldn't have yelled at you. I would have stared myself."

"Everyone in here knows you would have flipped out worrying if that someone was alright."

Takeru smirked. "I don't know Dai, you already act enough like a girl that I don't think anyone would be too worried about you adjusting to it."

"Hey!!"

"Well we know those two are fine." Ken smiled when Takeru made a very childish face at Diasuke. "They're back at each other's throats."

Karui: So, what'd ya think? Hm? Hmm?

Cho-Cho: In other words, please review.

Karui: PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!!!!